Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Snake Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet snakes - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Snake Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet snakes (9526 Views)

See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area / What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? / Cat Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet cats. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet snakes by Soundmind(m): 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2007
No matter how good snake may be painted to be, i do not like it and will never have it as a pet. I can't even imagine it.
Fullstop.
Re: Snake Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet snakes by blackweaver(m): 5:41pm On Mar 27, 2008
i think snakes are fascinating creatures,
i've never kept a snake and i don't intend to keep one
but if i have a friend that keeps one and can convince me that it's non-venomous i don't see any reason not to play with it
Re: Snake Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet snakes by AFROCK86: 4:58am On Mar 29, 2008
Wow, so much snake hate on here haha. I have 9 snakes that i happily handle everyday and w/ out any issues. Alot of the reasons i have read as to why you guys hate snakes are absolutely false though.

Not all snakes are venomous, nor are they mean creatures. Wolves are mean creatures yes?, but we have bred them to what today we call dogs. Same with tigers and lions, they are in the same genetic line as a household cat.

They do not require injections frequently nor do they need they're teeth checked.

Snakes do not sting at all.

As too snakes eating children, this at least to my knowledge has never happened before. The only recorded event
where a snake killed a human was in asia, and it was a full grown man. This has been the ONLY documented event. The snake was also wild.

Snakes DO NOT chase ppl, they are more afraid of us they we are of them, well maybe not the people on this forum haha.

I used to own a 14 foot burmese python who was as nice as could be. Not everyone knows how to keep care of a snake, which in most cases is why ppl end up hurt or dead from snakes. For instance any snake you have you do not feed them in their cage. This will cause them to think every time you enter their cage they are being fed. This could end up very bad if you own a large snake. After keeping a snake for awhile, they know what smells are food, and what are not.
Also the keeping of venomous snakes are for experts only. Here in the states you need 1000 hours of supervised experience before being able to purchase venomous snakes. You also need a permit.

I'm from America so i guess our views of snakes are much different haha, but from what i've seen, theres a lot more wildlife to be afraid of in africa than snakes.

1 Like

Re: Snake Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet snakes by Gamine(f): 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2008
[size=15pt]WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

SNAKE!!!!!!!!!![/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Snake Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet snakes by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
Gosh. . .I clicked this thread to know the freaky NL fellows that keep snakes as pets so I'd be wary of them. None so far. Phew!
Re: Snake Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet snakes by lisawildlife: 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
anyone who insults snake lovers and calls them freaks, well they're freaks! Just because someone's opinion you don't understand, doesn't give you the right to demean them; they have the right to think what they want! I love snakes;they are fascinating.I don't understand how anyone could not like them, but I don't go around calling them freaks.
Re: Snake Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet snakes by em19em6: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
Naija

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Lagos Area-Boys Drink Ogogoro? (Video) / What Have You Survived This Year? / Need A Perfect House Design,construction & Approval In Nig? Pls Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.