Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card (139100 Views)

How To Repair A Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card (memory Card) / How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card And Flash Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by dljbd1(m): 3:09am On Jul 31, 2015
afolabi1992:
If you have a corrupt or damaged memory which you tried to format and it keeps replying you with WINDOWS CAN’T FORMAT DISK and you wish to repair it, kindly follow the following steps:-
Insert the corrupted memory card into a card reader, and then connect the card reader to the computer.
Open RUN on your computer (to open RUN click on the “start” icon and enter “search for program” then type in RUN.
After opening RUN type in “CMD” in the provided text box.
After that, type in “DISKPART”.
Type in “LIST DISK”.
Type in “SELECT DISK 1”.
Type in “CLEAN”.
Type in “CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY”.
Type in “ACTIVE”.
Type in “SELECT PARTITION 1”.
Lastly type in “FORMAT FS=FAT32”.
NOTE: YOU SHOULD WAIT FOR 30 MINUTES FOR IT TO FINISH LOADING 1 -100%
After finishing this process remove your card reader from the computer USB port and also remove the SD card from the card reader……..that’s all.
<br> <br>

sources: http://www.mokoshalb.com/2015/07/how-to-repair-damaged-or-corrupted-sd.html

After hours as percentages slowly increases, I eventually got a The volume size is too big error cry
It's a 64GB SD card and the process took like 5 hours

1 Like

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Roseey0(f): 3:33am On Jul 31, 2015
Pls how can I recover the files in a memory card that keeps asking me to format each time I try to open it?
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by authenticman(m): 3:46am On Jul 31, 2015
afolabi1992:
If you have a corrupt or damaged memory which you tried to format and it keeps replying you with WINDOWS CAN’T FORMAT DISK and you wish to repair it, kindly follow the following steps:-
Insert the corrupted memory card into a card reader, and then connect the card reader to the computer.
Open RUN on your computer (to open RUN click on the “start” icon and enter “search for program” then type in RUN.
Type in “LIST DISK”.
Type in “SELECT DISK 1”.
Type in “CLEAN”.
Type in “ACTIVE”.
After finishing this process remove your card reader from the computer USB port and also remove the SD card from the card reader……..that’s all.
<br> <br>

sources: http://www.mokoshalb.com/2015/07/how-to-repair-damaged-or-corrupted-sd.html

Can a bad flashdrive be fixed as well?
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Bonjezee(m): 4:14am On Jul 31, 2015
The only thing I can say is "God Bless You ".... I tried it, though it took like 3 hours instead of 30 minutes, but it worked. You just saved my 8GB SD card that i've dropped for close to 7 months.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by femo86(m): 4:21am On Jul 31, 2015
ok.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by austinepreshyus(m): 4:32am On Jul 31, 2015
Thanks 4post very very educative
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by uvalued(m): 5:29am On Jul 31, 2015
grin
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 31, 2015
Enh ennn ok na
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by olu77emi: 5:49am On Jul 31, 2015
FOR SALE! FOR SALE!! FOR SALE!!!
Fairly Used Samsung Galaxy Note 10 . 1 N8000
Whatsapp 08034958928,
BBM 568FA0E0,
E-Mail yemi.77443@gmail.com

1 Share

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by smlafolabi(m): 5:53am On Jul 31, 2015
@ OP what about corrupt flash drive
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by HiDee2(m): 6:00am On Jul 31, 2015
afolabi1992:
Type in “LIST DISK”.
Type in “SELECT DISK 1”.
Type in “CLEAN”.
Type in “ACTIVE”.
<br> <br>

Thanks for the secret. Please, how do you recover data on a flashdrive that is no longer recognized by the computer? Thanks
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Lanretoye(m): 6:06am On Jul 31, 2015
macof:
What about cards that corrupt ur files? How do you prevent more loss of data on that card?

get a good antivirus and scan the drive.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Lanretoye(m): 6:08am On Jul 31, 2015
HiDee2:

Thanks for the secret. Please, how do you recover data on a flashdrive that is no longer recognized by the computer? Thanks
if your computer can no longer read the flash,check if it can read from another flash and if yes,i dont think memory cards are repairable.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Lanretoye(m): 6:10am On Jul 31, 2015
smlafolabi:
@ OP what about corrupt flash drive
Have you tried the same,if it dosent work u can make a complain here.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Vidamia(m): 6:12am On Jul 31, 2015
That is the format codes i always used to format and write window 7 on a flash and it work well since last year
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Vidamia(m): 6:28am On Jul 31, 2015
tiamiyukunle69:
Hope the card will only be repaired and not formatted?
What of External Hard disk
it'll format the card
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Yommiefish(m): 6:34am On Jul 31, 2015
Nice write up. But please how can I recover my data from the corrupted memory card before formating it?
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by drake2(m): 6:35am On Jul 31, 2015
afolabi1992:
Type in “LIST DISK”.
Type in “SELECT DISK 1”.
Type in “CLEAN”.
Type in “ACTIVE”.
<br> <br>

God bless you for this thread, Though I don't wanna format my drive but here is my problem.

I have a 40gig external drive with all my life in it, but windows can't open it anymore. so many softwares exist on the internet which I have used to confirm that the files are in the drive, but I can't retrieve and save them in another device because I need to pay for the softwares. Payment mode is even difficult.

If you or anyone can send me a link to download a full free version of software to recover my files, I will really appreciate it. I have even tried "unbuntu", but it seems there are conflict issues or so.

Cos of this, I have not used my device in 6months, pls help everyone. Many thanks!
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 31, 2015
hmm....... abeg how I go take do back up for ma mem card
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:47am On Jul 31, 2015
Nice info.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by tintingz(m): 6:56am On Jul 31, 2015
arbitrage:

What I read on a US website about such problems of memory cards is that most of them are Chinese fake products. They claimed that the advertised and displayed sizes of many of these cards are not true. So when a 2GB memory card is tampered with to display 32 or 64GB, they said it will start giving problem immediately you store flles that are more than the true 2GB space it originally has.

I have a 32GB of such SD card that has been misbehaving as unrecognized after previous use in my smartphone. When I put it in my tablet, the tablet requested reformatting, which I did and surprisingly got 2GB card size at the end but now behaving normal.

I also have such malfunctioning in my 1TB (1000 GB) USB flash drive from China. After some initial storage of files, it started malfunctioning as I stored more. Currently, anything stored inside a folder will be corrupt, whereas the files I stored directly inside the device will be okay. Nothing of such malfunction has happened to another 128 GB USB flash drive I bought from the USA.

Anyway, I am still risking the cheap Chinese products as I have ordered two SD cards again of 128GB and 256GB, hoping they will work. The 128GB is delivered already. I may try this repair method given by the op on them.
Thanks for the enlightment bro.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by donsignature(m): 6:57am On Jul 31, 2015
What a soothing relief, thanks 2u Afolabi.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by tintingz(m): 6:57am On Jul 31, 2015
blaze007:
Choose NTFS when formatting it. Give it a try!!!
OK sir.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by tintingz(m): 6:59am On Jul 31, 2015
myke92:

yep, its fake.
Yeah, someone just enlighten me that it's Chinese fake SD card.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Immaangel(f): 7:07am On Jul 31, 2015
Pls how do i recover the files in a broken memory card. Its not totally broken like cutting into two but its deplated and when i insert in into my phone and laptop, it wont be recognized at all. Pls help
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:19am On Jul 31, 2015
ok
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by kazman117: 7:30am On Jul 31, 2015
afolabi1992:
Type in “LIST DISK”.
Type in “SELECT DISK 1”.
Type in “CLEAN”.
Type in “ACTIVE”.
<br> <br>

God bles u bro, it works
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 31, 2015
Please how do I back up my SD card
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 31, 2015
Please how do I back up my SD card
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by adeniyilamlek(m): 8:06am On Jul 31, 2015
What of 64 gig memory card read only? help pls i hav access to copy but unable to recieve

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Release Tecno Y6 The Specs And Price Will Wow You / Short Codes To Check Your Mobile Numbers For Mtn,etisalat,glo And Airtel. / Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.