Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card (139100 Views)

How To Repair A Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card (memory Card) / How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card And Flash Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by fizzy123(m): 1:35pm On Dec 12, 2015
I noticed, damaged SD Cards can't be fixed cuz I have one and I actually used the steps buh it didnt fix it..... Though i was able to recover my files using an app called Recuva for Windows. Am sure you'll get... say 95% of all you files back.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by odiagabros(m): 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
fizzy123:
I noticed, damaged SD Cards can't be fixed cuz I have one and I actually used the steps buh it didnt fix it..... Though i was able to recover my files using an app called Recuva for Windows. Am sure you'll get... say 95% of all you files back.

Pls can u give me the link for that recover software
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by fizzy123(m): 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
odiagabros:

Pls can u give me the link for that recover software

http://www.filehippo.com/download_recuva
Thats the link, buh when your done downloading (its about 5mb), you might need to do some setting inorder for the application to recover files that are hidden or have been formatted off the SD Card.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by oliverpowell: 7:35am On Dec 16, 2015
Few days back I have purchased Sandisk 16 GB Micro SD Card Class 4 but overnight unexpectedly it got removed from my mobile and since then my SD card stops supporting. That SD card holds some of my important documents however now I have recovered my data from SD card with the help of Stellar data recovery software ( http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery-software.php )
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by eddie7: 6:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
Gud day house, pls how do I put my Modem back to use...it stopped showing any inserted into it...pls Wats de way forward
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Gemc3(f): 12:25pm On Jan 20, 2016
GoodMuyis:

LAST OF LASTLY
Type in “ASSIGN”. #So that you can see it from My Computer
Type in “EXIT”.
Type in “EXIT”. #Else you can still damage the SD Card

After finishing this process remove your card reader from the computer USB port and also remove the SD card from the card reader……..that’s all.

::Modified::
WARNING: Following The OP Procedure may end up in disaster wiping the data in you PC Storage

REASON 1: Type in “LIST DISK” May not display your SD Card at sometime but try using “LIST VOLUME”
REASON 2: Type in “SELECT DISK 1” will not work since “LIST DISK” did not work from the above I will give you suggestion latter.
REASON 3: Type in “SELECT DISK 1” the Worst of this command is that you are actually referring to your Computer Hard-disk that contain your Windows OS, hence it will not be successful. DISK 1 is the first DISK in your PC

Be Guided

Wish I saw ur post on time. The op gave incomplete info. My sd card is damaged. Anyway to rectify this?
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by GoodMuyis(m): 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2016
Gemc3:

Wish I saw ur post on time. The op gave incomplete info. My sd card is damaged. Anyway to rectify this?

Maybe you have deleted the SD Card partition and new one must be created but before I can help you goto Command Prompt and type the following command with your SD card inserted

DISKPART (press enter)
LIST VOLUME (press enter)

Post the screenshot here or use Right Click > Select All > Press Enter to Copy all
Then paste is as comment here so i can guide you as to what to do

1 Like

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Tsmartx80(m): 8:09am On Jan 23, 2016
fizzy123:

Thats the link, buh when your done downloading (its about 5mb), you might need to do some setting inorder for the application to recover files that are hidden or have been formatted off the SD Card.

Boss fizzy able I Don download d Recuva 1.52.1086 and it's asking me to activate it.. Plus hw can I bypass it. Can give me ur fine number pls
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Tsmartx80(m): 8:10am On Jan 23, 2016
fizzy123:

Boss fizzy abeg I Don download d Recuva 1.52.1086 and it's asking me to activate it.. Pls hw can I bypass it. Can u give me ur fone number pls
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by fizzy123(m): 2:22pm On Jan 23, 2016
Tsmartx80:

Boss fizzy abeg I Don download d Recuva 1.52.1086 and it's asking me to activate it.. Pls hw can I bypass it. Can u give me ur fone number pls

Woa, bro, I dont remember activating it, i was using a Free Version! double chk
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by promixdavinci(m): 9:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
Gemc3:

pls enlighten me more on dis, d one op posted did nt work for me, pls reply or i shld send u my numba so u can put me through on watsap..tnx
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by mokoshalb(m): 7:06am On Jul 08, 2016
eddie7:
Gud day house, pls how do I put my Modem back to use...it stopped showing any inserted into it...pls Wats de way forward
its damaged...
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by evan1995: 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
what to do wen dis msg is shwnd

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
great .. but unfortunately or maybe fortunately i dont have a sd card to repair
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by mattmogan88: 9:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
ADONBILIVIT
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by deewon56: 10:50pm On Aug 14, 2016
Pls room, I need ur help on how to get my Data file back on my memory card because I mistakenly delete pictures after formated my phone
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Noblewhiz(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2016
shegssosplendid:
Bro AFO, while trying to do it,when I get to clean,it keeps saying diskpart has encountered an error,the request could not be performed because of I/o device error,please what can I do to that.
same here bro, hw do we correct tat?
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by SmartSmatter(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2017
How Do I Repair An SD Card That Is Not Showing At All On My Phones
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by alltipsfinder(m): 6:51am On Jul 30, 2017
Hi, There are number of tricks to repair corrupted SD card like...
1. Reformatting your SD card
2. Right Protect Mode
3. Using Best SD Card Recovery Software
4. Repair SD card Using RUN command etc...

you can go through given link on <a href="http://alltipsfinder.com/how-to-fix-corrupt-sd-card/">How to fix / Repair corrupt SD card</a>

smiley smiley smiley
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Ebubemg(m): 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Maybe you have deleted the SD Card partition and new one must be created but before I can help you goto Command Prompt and type the following command with your SD card inserted

DISKPART (press enter)
LIST VOLUME (press enter)

Post the screenshot here or use Right Click > Select All > Press Enter to Copy all
Then paste is as comment here so i can guide you as to what to do
pls i need ur help with my SD card

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by TinaWu(f): 3:21am On Nov 16, 2017
Hey, since your SD card got damaged, I think you'd better contact its manufacturer for help. If you only want to get its data back, you can try some SD card recovery tools.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Despirado121(m): 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
Good day everyone.
I have an 8gb sd card dat m using on my phn. I av some important data nd pics on it. I just discovered dat it just disappear on my phone, asin my phn or all other phones i used to test can discovered it. I get the same reply which "an sd card is not inserted, plz insert an sd card".
I tried doing it on system by inserting it to a card reader but the same thing happens. Please help oo. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Release Tecno Y6 The Specs And Price Will Wow You / Short Codes To Check Your Mobile Numbers For Mtn,etisalat,glo And Airtel. / Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.