Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding (5987 Views)

Dave Umahi Constructing Roads, Re-branding Ebonyi State - Photos / Ex-militant Leader Accuses Kachikwu Of Funding Opposition, Calls On Buhari / Legislators Agree To Belt-tightening, Cut N’assembly’s Budget By 25%-thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2009
enyojo:

let's channel our agitations to the right quarters.

If she is the one making the plans and spending our hard earned millions on yet another REBRANDING project in the same country, what other quarters is there to channel out anger towards? Where else if she is the architect of the plan we are pissed with?
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by enyojo(f): 4:29pm On Mar 18, 2009
@ KOBOJUNKIE,
Does  it mean to you that branding or rebranding is out of place? Commonsense reveals that a good name is better than silver and gold.

On a pragmatic note, I want believe that you understand the root of the nigerian problems. Corruption is not our problem, epileptic power supply isnt our problem, Bad roads are not our problem, Leadership is not our problem. You are surprised? OUR PROBLEM IS OUR THOUGHT-PROCESS, i.e Our Mindframe,. That alone is our albatross all others are THE SYMPTOMS. Correct the mindset of majority of Nigerians and Nigeria will become a Force to reckon with in the comity of Nations.
You asked whether it was the fault of the graduate to be jobless. I am surprised that you still subscribe to the worn out dogma of total dependence on the FG to provide jobs. I do not need to quote anything for you to know that is developed countries (which you claim to stay), the private sector provides most of the jobs.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Mar 18, 2009
enyojo:

@ KOBOJUNKIE,
Does it mean to you that branding or rebranding is out of place?
In Nigeria right now, my answer is yes. The only state that has earned the right to rebrand is Lagos, other than that, we have a lot of work to do in the others .
enyojo:

Commonsense reveals that a good name is better than silver and gold.
Common sense should also reveal to you that a good name is not bought with silver and gold and not forced on the masses but EARNED.

enyojo:

On a pragmatic note, I want believe that you understand the root of the nigerian problems. Corruption is not our problem, epileptic power supply isnt our problem, Bad roads are not our problem, Leadership is not our problem. You are surprised? OUR PROBLEM IS OUR THOUGHT-PROCESS, i.e Our Mindframe,. That alone is our albatross all others are THE SYMPTOMS. Correct the mindset of majority of Nigerians and Nigeria will become a Force to reckon with in the comity of Nations.
So a fancy slogan with a rebrand is the way to Solve the problem which you claim to be the mindframe of the average Nigerian? Lol
enyojo:

You asked whether it was the fault of the graduate to be jobless. I am surprised that you still subscribe to the worn out dogma of total dependence on the FG to provide jobs.

Hhhmmm… not sure where I mentioned that I subscribe to the dogma you describe above. I only remember asking you some questions which I am yet to get answers to. Is it his fault, yes or no? And while you are at it, do you mind answering the other questions asked? I made sure to make them all simple and to the point so you do not have to type long responses for any of them.
enyojo:

I do not need to quote anything for you to know that is developed countries (which you claim to stay), the private sector provides most of the jobs.
What has this to do with answering any of my questions though?
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by mustafar1: 4:41pm On Mar 18, 2009
enyojo:

@ KOBOJUNKIE,
Does  it mean to you that branding or rebranding is out of place? Commonsense reveals that a good name is better than silver and gold.

On a pragmatic note, I want believe that you understand the root of the nigerian problems. Corruption is not our problem, epileptic power supply isnt our problem, Bad roads are not our problem, Leadership is not our problem. You are surprised? OUR PROBLEM IS OUR THOUGHT-PROCESS, i.e Our Mindframe. That alone is our albatross. Correct the mindset of majority of Nigerians and Nigeria will become a Force to reckon with in the comity of Nations.
You asked whether it was the fault of the graduate to be jobless. I am surprised that you still subscribe to the worn out dogma of total dependence on the FG to provide jobs. I do not need to quote anything for you to know that is developed countries (which you claim to stay), the private sector provides most of the jobs.

WHAT EXACTLY ARE THEY TRYING TO REBRAND! we are all here going back and forth about this rebranding swan song based on little or no concrete information. if you want to rebrand, you at least try to fix what it is you intend to rebrand first. columbia is trying to rebrand itself as well, they have a bad wrap as per their drug manufacturing/trafficing history/FARC et all, kidnapping etc etc, they need tourists to once again visit their country and spend their $$$$. Guess what they have tried to do first and foremost, they have been going head on at drug lords, they have tried to better the relationship they have with the different rebel groups. all this done before they started planting their rebrandiong seeds all over.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Nemeziz9ja: 4:49pm On Mar 18, 2009
Nigeria; a country of contradictions.
Maybe we do not really understand the meaning of a brand.
A brand is more like a label tagged on something to show what it has, stands for or contain and in Nigeria we can only earn our own kind of brand. All these things Dora is claiming to have in store for Nigeria as a brand is like a communist brainwashing package.
I have been running on a power generator all day, are you telling me that will change my mindset that the environment is hostile to my business and enterprise development.
Denial; God help Nigeria overcome their delusions.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Pepeye(f): 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2009
My consolation is that during OBJ’s administration, Otta farm. . which was almost moribund was rebranded , he also established a Bells university and got the bourgeois to contribute fabulous money to build the best private lib for himself. . while at the same time pretending to attend a theological institution
The more we engage in self deception, the more we sink deeper in anomie and delusion
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Nemeziz9ja: 5:24pm On Mar 18, 2009
Pepeye:

My consolation is that during OBJ’s administration, Otta farm. . which was almost moribund was rebranded , he also established a Bells university and got the bourgeois to contribute fabulous money to build the best private lib for himself. . while at the same time pretending to attend a theological institution
The more we engage in self deception, the more we sink deeper in anomie and delusion

That is a bull eye. Thank you.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by jamace(m): 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2009
National Assembly seeks source of funding. Why do they want to know? It's like the NASS was not given any GMG. grin. Dora must learn to share the national cake else she will be "impeached". grin grin

Dora should note that the NASS is not interested in rebranding anybody, not to talk of rebranding Nigeria.

They are indirectly telling Dora not to put sand sand in their garri. grin grin

Nigeria: Good people, great nation!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Pepeye(f): 5:46pm On Mar 18, 2009
In the circumstances the question now is who is rebranding Nigeria? Are they the president, the politicians, state Gov , Ministers the police, the customs, or other public office holders?
Who is rebranding Nigeria when the nation depends on only cude oil as foreign exchange earner? Who is rebranding nigeria when domestic currency diminishing as a result of global economic crisis?
Technocrats at the CBN will convince u that the domestic currency is stable and economy is in good shape.

Another national joke!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by SOJ(m): 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2009
Pepeye:

In the circumstances the question now is who is rebranding Nigeria? Are they the president, the politicians, state Gov , Ministers the police, the customs, or other public office holders?
Who is rebranding Nigeria when the nation depends on only cude oil as foreign exchange earner? Who is rebranding nigeria when domestic currency diminishing as a result of global economic crisis?
Technocrats at the CBN will convince u that the domestic currency is stable and economy is in good shape.

Another national joke!

i was appalled at the launching ceremony in abuja yesterday. I cant believe that we dont learn from history; the claim behind this campaign is just dat apart from the Heart of Africa 'project' which was launched abroad, this one will be homegrown. But, pray tell me, wat is homegrown about launching such a 'campaign' in the heart of abuja, in the midst of elites and dignitaries majority of whom where not Nigerians!
What will be homegrown about this project as it has been shot down before it has even begun. There appears to be no research work to justify its usefulness in nation-building. It might work as a short-term image launderer,but thats as far as it goes.

We are tire of 'projects' and 'campaigns' dat don't involve or reflect the thoughts and inclinations of the average Nigerian. The average Nigerian is struggling to make ends meet and our leaders are talking about image, The average Nigerian is sleeping in distasteful conditions and disease ridden environments and our leaders are shouting image-repair, the average Nigerian endures horrible hold-ups in traffic due to poor road network and bad major ways, the average Nigerian is always thinking of where the next naira will come from, the average Nigerian is wondering when the naira will stop failing, the average nigerian considers it a miracle and great news to be given a visa to go abroad to study and work!

This is just another exercise in futility; the only image that will be promoted here is that of Mrs Dora herself, due respect to her achievements in the drug regulation sector.

we can NEVER get it right this way; it will only get worse: why? becos while some folks are busy planning to conduct image repairing activities, others are busy spending national funds.tell me whats good about that, This is surely anoda national joke!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by hajifaty: 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2009
Play 9ice for them all (Gango Aso) naija for show
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by dvonne(f): 6:24pm On Mar 18, 2009
I agree with her starting her own pet project , if thier is a nigerian any where i believe in (apart from my parents) to deliver its Madam Dora, I just pray the cowboys don't trick and "derope" her of this Trust and Dignity.
Nigerians have been lied to so many times i donot blame them for not trusting,
Maam Dora can do it, she is disciplined and determined enough !!!!
Lets Support Her, grin
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by proudly9ja(m): 7:45pm On Mar 18, 2009
Im really surprised at the attack Dora is getting for this laudable project. People are talking as if Dora is the Power and Steel minister or the Education minister or even the Youth and Sports minister. My people, Dora is the INFORMATION minister.

If there's no stable power in Nigeria, please refer to the Power and Steel minister! if the education system is bad, refer to to the Education Minister! Dora is the information minister and unlike the rest of the ministers, she IS DOING HER JOB!

Like someone rightly pointed out, Nigeria NEEDS re-branding. The success of a good corporation is dependent on its brand. Everyday health watchers tell us that it is detrimental to our health to drink coke or eat junk food, yet, the owners of this corporations wtill smile to the bank, infact their profits increase yearly. Why is that? BRANDING! They spend so much money on advertisement! Thats what a brand can do.

And just in case youve not noticed, look at how much publicity our Artistes, actors, actresses have given us in the past few years. Just go to any African country and they will name all the latest tunes and movies from Nigeria, that is branding. All Dora is trying to do is channel this rightly.

At least she is working and not 'chopping' the money like the rest of them.

Abeg Dora, carry go, We are right behind you.

NIGERIA, Good People, Great Nation!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2009
dvonne:

I agree with her starting her own pet project , if thier is a nigerian any where i believe in (apart from my parents) to deliver its Madam Dora, I just pray the cowboys don't trick and "derope" her of this Trust and Dignity.
Nigerians have been lied to so many times i donot blame them for not trusting,
Maam Dora can do it, she is disciplined and determined enough !!!!
Lets Support Her, grin

your maam dora can do exactly what? Get Nigerians to change their mind by simply offering them a the 100th slogan in a row? Get Power turned on in the country since that seems to be one of the many issues of concern for majority? Get the police force to become more effective so people can feel more secure as that seems to be an issue of great concern to many? Get Yar adua to actually start doing his job by merely offering the 1001th slogan to him ? What exactly can she do with a new slogan?
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by mustafar1: 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2009
one and only Premadona that cant make/advocate a bad decision at the wrong time Dora
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kaestro(m): 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2009
There's absolutely no harm in re-branding the nation's image if it will be effective on the citizenry.Someone correct me if I'm wrong but we used to or still have the National Orientation Campaign Programme, if so why not take a cue from the results of this programme and further pursue the process of re-branding in-cooperating both or all programmes available to ensure the success. In spite of all the previous efforts of the government are we saying WE CANNOT SIMPLY REPAIR THE SALVAGED HEART OF NIGERIA? How obvious.As much as this measure is vital to the growth of the country it's a waste of time debating what should be when provisions was never made for such schemes.Did Mr president not think of this drawing up the 7-point agenda? They can't just kick start an unplanned programme and expect instant results? Why not come up with blueprints and proper plans to be executed as time passes.
Dora "the explorer" is a guaranteed quick-fix,damage control applying material. NIGERIA DOESN'T NEED FIRST AID, IT NEEDS SURGERY TO BE FOLLOWED BY CONTINUOUS TREATMENT.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by mustafar1: 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2009
Kaestro:

There's absolutely no harm in re-branding the nation's image if it will be effective on the citizenry.Someone correct me if I'm wrong but we used to or still have the National Orientation Campaign Programme, if so why not take a cue from the results of this programme and further pursue the process of re-branding in-cooperating both or all programmes available to ensure the success. In spite of all the previous efforts of the government are we saying WE CANNOT SIMPLY REPAIR THE SALVAGED HEART OF NIGERIA? How obvious.As much as this measure is vital to the growth of the country it's a waste of time debating what should be when provisions was never made for such schemes.Did Mr president not think of this drawing up the 7-point agenda? They can't just kick start an unplanned programme and expect instant results? Why not come up with blueprints and proper plans to be executed as time passes.
[size=18pt]Dora "the explorer" is a guaranteed quick-fix,damage control applying material. NIGERIA DOESN'T NEED FIRST AID, IT NEEDS SURGERY TO BE FOLLOWED BY CONTINUOUS TREATMENT[/size].

roflmao
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kaestro(m): 8:33pm On Mar 18, 2009
This president is over under-performing.No pattern, all distraction and random movement.Complete waste of oxygen being in that position.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2009
Roflmao!!!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kaestro(m): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2009
@ must a far.

As funny as it sounds, thats the case to me.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by mustafar1: 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2009
Kaestro:

@ must a far.

As funny as it sounds, thats the case to me.

won so wipe," idi ere ni a tin gbo ooto" aka na for playtime/or with play play we dey take tell person true.

ok i might have done a bad job at translating yoruba to pidgin but u get the point
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by naijakonet: 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2009
I guess the only business that works 100% in Nigeria is politics, I've seen lot's of morons fight their way into power and that ends the story. Nigerian does not need a re branding thing that they would spend our money on adverts running on CNN, who do they wanna deceive? Nigerians or the international community? Hmmmm!!!!!, I guess China didn't rebuild it's economy by 1st kick starting re branding,

The world today is a global village and those PDP folks that voted themselves into power are too blind to see this, we can end up re branding all we can and it would not take us anywhere, Let me give you guys my feel of what is happening in the global economy,

The west engineered the Globalization thing and didn't really envisioned how the whole sides of the coin would look like, Companies from the United States and other western European countries find it more attractive to do business in China (low labour cost), They started shutting down plants in the USA and Europe and headed off to China, What do you think happened to workers who worked these firms, Hmmmm!!! they got fired and somehow couldn't pay they mortgages and they Banks in return got some negative balance sheets and they now call it the Market Crunch, Why didn't our stupid leaders sit down and look into the globalization thing and re brand Nigerian Power Sector, Infrastructures and , so we could benefit from all these, See why China, India and other Asian countries are better than us, (Outsourcing!!!!!!!!!)

Now they want to get funds and buy new cars and build new mansions and , in the name of re branding, Please someone should tell them we don't care and give a damn about them, they have all failed us, Who would want to do biz in an economy that is driven by Generators,

Some of these ppl in power today attended some summits in which they signed accords that was supposed to help Nigeria get into the Globalization thing, they went there to drink tea and sleep in hotels that were not power by Generators, All i can say is shame on this bastards that call themselves leaders in 9ja, MAy they all see dooms day!!!! May everyone say AMEN!!!!

I'm out, grin
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by texazzpete(m): 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2009
Hey Dora! Rebrand this

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/17/nigeria.scam/index.html

(CNN) -- A college student in Nigeria has been sentenced to 19 years in prison for scamming an Australian woman out of $47,000 online by pretending to be a widowed white businessman desperately in love with her.

A court in Ikeja in southwest Nigeria ruled that Lawal Adekunie Nurudeen will also have to pay back the 56-year-old woman, even if it meant selling the two plots of land and the Honda Prelude he bought with her money.

Nurudeen was an engineering student when he met the woman online in 2007, said the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Nigeria's anti-corruption police.

The woman lamented that she was looking for a husband but had been disappointed in the men she had met.

"The convict, who is married with three children, instantly applied and told the victim that she had met Mr. Right," the commission said in a statement.

Nurudeen pretended to be a 57-year-old British engineer working with a multinational company in Nigeria. He told her his wife and only child had died in a road accident in Lagos, the former capital of the country.

"He sent the picture of a white man to the victim to foreclose any suspicions," police said. The woman agreed to marry him.

A few weeks later, Nurudeen called the woman pretending to be a doctor. He told her that her fiance had been in an accident and needed money for treatment.

The woman obliged, the commission said.

Nurudeen let two weeks pass. He then called the woman again, thanking her profusely for her kindness and telling her that he would like to visit her in Australia. He asked her for airfare, cash for customs clearance and other incidentals, police said.

Authorities did not say how Nurudeen was caught. But he duped the woman of $47,000 before his arrest, the commission said.

Scammers in Nigeria have gained a reputation for using the Internet to con foreign nationals out of money. Some of the scams have earned the name "419" after the clause in the Nigerian criminal code that deals with obtaining property under false pretense
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by texazzpete(m): 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2009
So i guess re-branding Nigeria is just like being 'born-again'? You know, old things are passed away and all that?
So when we go through the motions, will PHCN give me better electricity? Will the roads improve?

Oh, i forgot. The main target of this exercise is supposed to be the foreign countries who have a low opinion of us. SO if we hype ourselves more, are all old sins going to be forgiven?
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by royalicon(m): 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2009
Only God in his infinitive mercy can REBRAND Nigeria
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by samorijack(m): 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2009
Dora Akunyili is a fraud . Her so called achievements at NAFDAC are a product of propaganda (ask the parents who lost their babies to "my pickin" ) Yaradua is clueless, uninformed and a dismal failure. I can understand why his government needs re-branding. The question I want to ask is after re-branding what next? is this supposed to attract foreign investment? how does that put food on my table? They are all shameless failurers. Dora is nothing more than a power hungry bitch, she'll rot in hell!!!! smiley
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kaestro(m): 12:24am On Mar 19, 2009
samorijack:

Dora Akunyili is a fraud . Her so called achievements at NAFDAC are a product of propaganda (ask the parents who lost their babies to "my pickin" ) Yaradua is clueless, uninformed and a dismal failure. I can understand why his government needs re-branding. The question I want to ask is after re-branding what next? is this supposed to attract foreign investment? how does that put food on my table? They are all shameless failurers. Dora is nothing more than a power hungry bitch, she'll rot in hell!!!! smiley

Explicit content.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by proproman(m): 2:37am On Mar 19, 2009
Goodness! Its appalling how we Nigerians think. I can now see that Nigeria's greatest problem is Nigerians. We truly need re branding. Just take a look at the way a good number of posters have lambasted Madam Dora for an idea that is for their own good. You people should free the woman jare! Wetin? Even if it was boredom that drove her into the idea, at least the result of her boredom was creative. We all know what a lot of other people in power do when they are bored. Go on drinking binges at expensive hotels and carry girls young enough to be their daughters from our universities. Not long ago, someone brought up a topic about obama saying that obama called all nigerians scammers and that oprah said all Nigerians are thieves. All hell was let loose on both of them. Someone rained curses on Obamas family. Another cast aspersions on Oprah's parenthood and called down thunder on both of them. If they actually said such, what do you think gave them such an impression if not what they heard from people. Afterall, none of them has come to nigeria. Madam dora has brought up an idea to prevent people from saying bad things about our country and all people can do is shout her down. Go to yahoo messenger to chat. If someone asks your location, just type nigeria. The next reply from the person is "bye". Either the person is a yahoo boy that does not want to waste time on another omo naija like him or it is a foreigner that is afraid of getting scammed. If the woman sat in her office and did nothing, all of you would call for her head. Now that she decided to do something, all you guys can do is pick faults with her plan. Not as if any of you would do better. Look at what you guys are telling her to do: fix roads, provid electricity and all the basic amenities of life. What is she, the president? Aren't there other ministries concerned with the afore mentioned? At least i remember there are ministries of education, works and housing and all that. Should she then take money from her ministry and go fixing a problem in another person's ministry? As far as i know, the information system in this country is quite good so her ministry has less to worry about. Nigerians, learn to appreciate the little someone is trying to do instead of looking for the whole seven yards all at once. Be re branded! Ah ah. Sheor!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by proproman(m): 2:38am On Mar 19, 2009
Goodness! Its appalling how we Nigerians think. I can now see that Nigeria's greatest problem is Nigerians. We truly need re branding. Just take a look at the way a good number of posters have lambasted Madam Dora for an idea that is for their own good. You people should free the woman jare! Wetin? Even if it was boredom that drove her into the idea, at least the result of her boredom was creative. We all know what a lot of other people in power do when they are bored. Go on drinking binges at expensive hotels and carry girls young enough to be their daughters from our universities. Not long ago, someone brought up a topic about obama saying that obama called all nigerians scammers and that oprah said all Nigerians are thieves. All hell was let loose on both of them. Someone rained curses on Obamas family. Another cast aspersions on Oprah's parenthood and called down thunder on both of them. If they actually said such, what do you think gave them such an impression if not what they heard from people. Afterall, none of them has come to nigeria. Madam dora has brought up an idea to prevent people from saying bad things about our country and all people can do is shout her down. Go to yahoo messenger to chat. If someone asks your location, just type nigeria. The next reply from the person is "bye". Either the person is a yahoo boy that does not want to waste time on another omo naija like him or it is a foreigner that is afraid of getting scammed. If the woman sat in her office and did nothing, all of you would call for her head. Now that she decided to do something, all you guys can do is pick faults with her plan. Not as if any of you would do better. Look at what you guys are telling her to do: fix roads, provid electricity and all the basic amenities of life. What is she, the president? Aren't there other ministries concerned with the afore mentioned? At least i remember there are ministries of education, works and housing and all that. Should she then take money from her ministry and go fixing a problem in another person's ministry? As far as i know, the information system in this country is quite good so her ministry has less to worry about. Nigerians, learn to appreciate the little someone is trying to do instead of looking for the whole seven yards all at once. Be re branded! Ah ah. Sheor!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by deoye05: 7:35am On Mar 19, 2009
well, i feel if this stuff is properly done, it is a way of moving forward. we cant just remain on a piont without making any effort to change.
it is not much of serious development like nigerians will always want, but it is a moving forward process.

what is the problem with dora and her stealing, almost everyone in power is doing that and that is the order of the day.
if she fails it will be obvious and cirtics can rise, but she hasn't started anything yet, shouldn't she be given a chance?

dora should be given a chance
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by otukpo(f): 8:33am On Mar 19, 2009
I am not here to defend Dora Akunyili, but if we must attack her, we shld attack her based on her Ministry/Portfolio. Dora is Information Minister, not Transportation, Power and Steel, Youth & Employment etc.

That we do not have constant supply of Electricity, or good roads, or unemployment, poor health care and the rest is not the making of Dora. So lets have that in mind.

Dora is a public servant and thus prone to criticisms, but our criticisms shldnt be such to pull her down but to call her attention where it is necessary.

For the one accusing Dora that when she was at NaFDAC, that u have to grease their palms for they to work on ur sample, that was ur case. Dora never said she is a saint or that NAFDAC was 100% perfect under her. She acknowledged that there are bad eggs in the commision but and never scored the commision 100%. Even during her screening for the ministerial post by the N/A, she emphasized that. NAFDAC can never be 100% perfect under anyboy, cos even if that person is a saint, every other person working under him/her is not. why dont u find out what is happening in NAFDAC today.

I see nothing wrong in her rebranding, we should learn to give people a chance to do their bit. If her rebranding fails, then we can all attack her as much as we want. Ministry of Information is not going to solve all the problems in this country. What she is doing now (rebranding) is under her Ministry. Let us not heap the sin of others on one person.

We are watching her and we are ready to criticise and attack when necessary.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by otukpo(f): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2009
Some people are really very bitter with themselves and Nigeria.

i think Nigeria is in desperate need of this Dora's rebranding.

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ministers Without Remembrance Emblem Barred From FEC / This Picture Of Buhari And His Wife Has Really Made My Day. / (PIC) See The First Aircraft That Landed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.