Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners - Career (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (128237 Views)

Poll: Which option of Electrical Engineering do you prefer?

Electronics and Telecoms: 68% (203 votes)
Power and Machinery: 28% (84 votes)
Lecturing: 3% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. / Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by ehisdan(m): 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
I thank God for this thread and every one that has contributed in one way or the other to the progress of the electrical engineering students and workers in this forum.
Going through the thread i found out that i 've missed a lot of things. I wasted my one year I.T in the name of looking for money which i never see. Am about going for my HND now without any practical knowledge of EEE. Pls i need the advice of every one in this thread as per where to start, how to start and what to sart with.
I cos i knw i can still achieve the goal, determination and hard work is the step to greatness which i am ready to offer as a sacrifice. Pls ur help is needed.
Thank you all.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Tiimmy(m): 8:27am On Aug 12, 2014
Latest course available..

Must Read for Elect-Elect Engineers, Physics Graduates, Computer Engineers and anyone interested in Instrumentation & Controls Engineering. Like, share, critic & comment...

http://timmsvillee..com/2014/08/instrumentation-control-and-automation.html

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Joelaking(m): 1:42am On Aug 14, 2014
Joelaking: I'm a 300 level student in EEE dept, O.A.U. I'm looking forward to becoming an entrepreneur in the nearest future. I need someone who has achieved a lot in this field to be my mentor. My mail :- Joekayope@gmail.com. Phone number :- 08022851132.
no one yet?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
FREE Dictionary of Electronics Engineering
Hi friends, help evaluate this application and give a corresponding appraisal. I appreciate.

http://www.4shared.com/file/OHijQ7pWce/Illustrated_Dcitionary_Of_Elec.html
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Liadi2(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
Pls I need on micro controller am ready to.devote my self and learn most especially d programming aspect.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Dremichaels(m): 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
I'm a polytechnic graduate currently serving. I want to get certification to boost my cv. so I need advice which is better for a fresh graduate between HSE certification and ISO certification and how to go about it
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by 9free(m): 1:42am On Sep 01, 2014
Liadi2: Pls I need on micro controller am ready to.devote my self and learn most especially d programming aspect.
Bros, what type of microcontroller? Be specific so that I will know where to help you from.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Liadi2(m): 6:52am On Sep 01, 2014
9free:
Bros, what type of microcontroller? Be specific so that I will know where to help you from.
Pls I want to from scrap like from 80 series I dont mind bros am just a learner pls send me ur pin or number on dis email biodunayodele68@gmail.com am ready to start at anywhere hoping to from u soon sir.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Ahmedie25(m): 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
am proud to be an Electrical Eng'r
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by julicoka(f): 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
my great Engr. Pls i need help i did computer Engineering during my ND ad electronic Engineering during my HND am currently serving, which practical course will i do to back up my HND to enable me get a job. Am a female ad married pls ur advice is urgently needed thanks

1 Like

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by beatsbyj2g(m): 9:21am On Oct 02, 2014
Hi, pls I need help, my dad wants me to study agricultural engineering but have always loved electrical.
I need to know more about d field in other to convince my dad about my future ambitions.

I need help on
1 what electrical engineering is all about ?
2 Where can I work ?
3 How relevant is it in Nigeria today?
4 For someone like me dat love ICT which should I rather go for power or telecommunications?
5 if not electrical engineering which is similar or better

Thanks BTW chemistry is my best subject have won several awards in different shuls
And futa or the polytechnic of Ibadan
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by donwise1(m): 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
Pls house I will be going for NYSC by next month. I want to know if I can choose where to work by myself while serving or is it assigned randomly. I really want to work in a place relating to Electrical Engineering and not teaching..... lol.
pls I need urgent reply to dis.
tenx in anticipation.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Keluong(m): 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hello guys, I am in my final year and I want to keep updating my knowledge n eee especially power. But I am not yet narrowing myself, I want to continue expanding my knowledge in all undergraduate engineering. Please advice me. I am not interested in pay for now. I need to lern more.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by zylkenny(m): 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
I have a 150KVA CAT generator which I want to activate the auto start function. A menu in the display shows it has the option but we don't know how to go about it. Any ideas anyone?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by darkroses(m): 8:29pm On Nov 14, 2014
What types of certification should an electrical supervisor have or go for?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Oraeri30: 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
Doing your industrial Training, IT, in a big firm can fetch you money but its only your IT Report that can fetch you an "A" when you get back to school. REMEMBER, IT is a 6 credit load course just like your final project wink. U know what that means.
Here is how you can make an "A" in IT
SIWES INDUSTRIAL TRAINING (IT) REPORT
http://uniprojectsearch.com/siwes-industri…raining-report/
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by SOLARPOWER1(f): 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2015
Maximum respect to everybody that has made this career defining thread a succes
pls I need serious advice from
professionals in the house. I am looking
forward to running an Msc in EMBEDDED COMPUTING SYSTEMS or Msc in AUTOMATION (CONTROL) ENGINEERING
program in Europe this year but am
worried about making the wrong choice,
considering the amount of money I am to
spend.
Which do you think will provide more
opportunities for an exciting career path
in country like Nigeria? I currently have a
B.Eng in Electrical and Electronic
Engineering with major in Electronics and
Telecommunication. Thank you all for
your anticipated response.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by netotse(m): 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
SOLARPOWER1:
Maximum respect to everybody that has made this career defining thread a succes
pls I need serious advice from
professionals in the house. I am looking
forward to running either of the above
program in Europe this year but am
worried about making the wrong choice,
considering the amount of money I am to
spend.
Which do you think will provide more
opportunities for an exciting career path
in country like Nigeria? I currently have a
B.Eng in Electrical and Electronic
Engineering with major in Electronics and
Telecommunication. Thank you all for
your anticipated response.
either of which above programs?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by SOLARPOWER1(f): 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
netotse:

Sorry Msc in Embedded computing systems OR Msc Automation (control) Engineering. Thanks I have modified the post. Your advice is highly needed
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by SOLARPOWER1(f): 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
netotse:

Sorry Msc in Embedded computing systems OR Msc Automation (control) Engineering.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by netotse(m): 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
SOLARPOWER1:

Sorry Msc in Embedded computing systems OR Msc Automation (control) Engineering.

All the usual disclaimers observed grin. It's your life, your choice, I am merely giving you my opinion.

Automation/control engineering would be more applicable to Nigeria. Embedded computing is a bit too advanced if you ask me.

That said, what do you want to do in future, beyond an Msc? going to school for x months might not be the best route, or it might be better after working for a while.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by SOLARPOWER1(f): 8:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
netotse:

All the usual disclaimers observed grin. It's your life, your choice, I am merely giving you my opinion.

Automation/control engineering would be more applicable to Nigeria. Embedded computing is a bit too advanced if you ask me.

That said, what do you want to do in future, beyond an Msc? going to school for x months might not be the best route, or it might be better after working for a while.

Thanks , got what u are saying
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by SOLARPOWER1(f): 8:49pm On Mar 22, 2015
netotse:

Thanks , got what u are saying.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
Get ready...
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by tboibamz: 11:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hello,which university offers INSTRUMENTATION
and CONTROL ENGR or as an option under
ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS in Nigeria??...or even
benin or ghana?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Emasel(m): 6:29am On Apr 08, 2015
tboibamz:
Hello,which university offers INSTRUMENTATION
and CONTROL ENGR or as an option under
ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS in Nigeria??...or even
benin or ghana?

FUTO offers Control Engineering as an MSc option.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by tboibamz: 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
Thnks bro,am about undergraduate?...any idea pls
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 10:54am On May 08, 2015
Professionals in here advise needed pls. I'm an undergraduate studying electrical and electronics engineering and ll like to major in telecomms. I'll be going for IT soon. Can anyone suggest any telecomm firm in lagos I can do my it in. And I'll also lyk to start getting some certifications 2. Dunno which 2 start with as a novice and where in lag. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (35) (Reply)

About The ICAN/ATS Examinations / Ghanaian Nurse Who Twerked In Her Uniform Declared Wanted By Nurses Association / The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.