Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight (35974 Views)

ILE IFE ' Olojo Festival 2017' - Pictures / Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched / Ooni Ogunwusi Observing Eld Prayers In Ile-Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by Max24: 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
macof:

You speak of education. have you really gained education? Do you know your identity? Are you grounded in the values of your people?
You think education is just about western culture don't you?

I believe oro practitioners make it easy by announcing the fest and giving warning ..if you are hard headed that's a pity ....I wouldn't want to know what happens to you

Keep deceiving yourself in ur barbaric traditions. Am sure if our forefathers can speak from their graves now they would have told you how ashamed they are of their olden -day practices due to ignorance. While i can forgive them because of their lack of education, we of this generation dont have any excuse if we continue in their flawed practices. It has nothing to do with culture, they simply did know it was wrong but we know now. Change is the only thing that is constant and we are the agents of that change. We are no more barbarians.
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by macof(m): 9:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
Buchman1:
only unintelligent people resort to insults during a discuss, take note. You turn pple off when you insult instead of making your point. A legal govt imposes a curfew as at only when necessary. It is wrong to compare a curfew imposed by a govt due to security challenges, sanitation or election schedule to one festival activity. Yes, culture is a way of life but it shouldn't restrict citizens movement. Nigeria is and remains a secular state.

Obviously ur last comment was dumb so I had to ask if you are always dumb. ..good you constructed a more intelligent comment this time.

The curfew during the oro is imposed by the (traditional) government for some of the reasons you gave above and more .. If you don't know best you ask and stop being so quick to attack African people
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
macof:

You are the obvious slowpoke here. Whether 21st Century or 31st century. .a people should always be unique and not try to be who they aren't

They have already embraced God almighty. ..their own God
Sorry is your last name

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by bezimo(m): 1:09am On Aug 03, 2015
macof:

I thought 21st Century is when we see end time things according to ur stuupid pastors.

The Halloween festival in usa is as old as the oro in Yorubaland...That doesn't make usa backward abi? Please answer
..both traditional practices that all foreigners must respect
If you cannot respect oro please don't come to Yorubaland
!

What do you know about the Halloween.You are as confused as your demonic tradition.You can't compare the Halloween to your demonic festival which promotes Idol/demonic worship.People can't move out freely because your demon is been worshipped. In Halloween nobody is worshipped. Nobody is harassed, people just wear their funny scary mask and play around that's all.I was in Bordeaux, France on a tour and was strolling around the city centre in the night, I never knew it was a Halloween night but it was, I noticed people in their different Halloween attires having fun.Nobody was harassed or threatened not to go out.It was interesting watching their fun. You are here comparing your demonic worship to Halloween.Pastors represent light, you and your demonic tradition of idol worship represent darkness.you need deliverance from such backwardness. Who is interested in coming to your backward land of Idol worship.I was never interested because there are far better options and so is every progressive minded individual.
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by macof(m): 1:35am On Aug 03, 2015
bezimo:
!

What do you know about the Halloween.You are as confused as your demonic tradition.You can't compare the Halloween to your demonic festival which promotes Idol/demonic worship.People can't move out freely because your demon is been worshipped. In Halloween nobody is worshipped. Nobody is harassed, people just wear their funny scary mask and play around that's all.I was in Bordeaux, France on a tour and was strolling around the city centre in the night, I never knew it was a Halloween night, but I noticed people in their different Halloween attires having fun.Nobody was harassed or threatened not to go out.It was interesting watching their fun. You are here comparing your demonic worship to Halloween.Pastors represent represent light, you and your demonic tradition of idol worship represent darkness.you need deliverance deliverance from such backward.Who is interested in coming to your backward land of Idol worship.I was never interested because they are far better options and so is every progressive minded individual.

Why do you people hate African traditions so much? Why do you defend foreign values and attack African ones?
This Halloween is festival to dead people. ..kinda like egungun in Yorubaland
And just like Oro, there are also restrictions during halloween.. I know shops are closed, people don't drive etc. Certain costumes are ban also. ..certain parts of town are blocked
You won't talk about restrictions on western festivals but sure direct all your hatred towards ur fatherland. .
You are only being a moronic bastard slave to the Caucasians. ..mental slavery is one thing you need to relieve yourself of

Oro is not idol worship, neither is it the reason for the miserable conditions you have endured in life. ..stop blaming traditions like festivals for your lack of reasoning and intellectual laziness

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by macof(m): 2:15am On Aug 03, 2015
Max24:

Keep deceiving yourself in ur barbaric traditions. Am sure if our forefathers can speak from their graves now they would have told you how ashamed they are of their olden -day practices due to ignorance. While i can forgive them because of their lack of education, we of this generation dont have any excuse if we continue in their flawed practices. It has nothing to do with culture, they simply did know it was wrong but we know now. Change is the only thing that is constant and we are the agents of that change. We are no more barbarians.

How does this make sense to you? What kind of fools do we have in this country? I weep for the future Cus it seems it can only get worse with morons like you procreating, I pity your children

My ancestors were overly intelligent men who made full us of their resources to attain their desires and needs. .they weren't ignorant but knowledgeable. . Its ur father. ..who failed to ground you on the values of the people of this continent. ..ur ethnicity and more who is ignorant.

Clearly you are so stuupid that you don't even know what "Education" means
They didn't know it was wrong, we know now Please did your drop you on your head? What sort of rubbish is this? Who Determines what is wrong or right? Westerners? Look at yourself. ..a dumb lost fellow doesn't even know his ancestors were educated. ..educated enough to study and practice medicine, astronomy, Zoology, develop numerals, engage in mining, Metallurgy etc.

Change doesn't mean dumping ur identity and seeking to be like Caucasians you fool. Please use ur head

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by Max24: 6:46am On Aug 03, 2015
macof:

How does this make sense to you? What kind of fools do we have in this country? I weep for the future Cus it seems it can only get worse with [b]morons[/b] like you procreating, I pity your children

My ancestors were overly intelligent men who made full us of their resources to attain their desires and needs. .they weren't ignorant but knowledgeable. . Its ur father. ..who failed to ground you on the values of the people of this continent. ..ur ethnicity and more who is ignorant.

Clearly you are so[b] stuupid[/b] that you don't even know what "Education" means
They didn't know it was wrong, we know now Please did your drop you on your head? What sort of rubbish is this? Who Determines what is wrong or right? Westerners? Look at yourself. ..a dumb lost fellow doesn't even know his ancestors were educated. ..educated enough to study and practice medicine, astronomy, Zoology, develop numerals, engage in mining, Metallurgy etc.

Change doesn't mean dumping ur identity and seeking to be like Caucasians[b] you fool. [/b] Please use ur head

See evidence of my arguments? All the emboldened above shows d type and quality of education given to you by "your parents." Instead of having an healthy and enlightening debate you resort to throwing abuses. My concern is d quality of thinking d children you raise will have if and when you av any. I am deliberately engaging you this far for few reasons - 1. am a teacher 2. some of d rubbish you are writing here can have a negative impact on some kids. I hope u know that being able to read and write is not tantamount to being educated. It has to do also with ur mindset. Any society that wants to dominate must allow for open debate and strong self-critique of its practices, culture and traditions. Do you know d main reasons d white succeeded in using our forefathers as slaves - it is simply because of ur type of thinking? They made mockery of ur long held beliefs and outlandish traditions that never brought any significant advantage to u. For example, you worship Sango since time immemorial yet till date he can not make you a world superpower. Just last week Buhari had to go to America to beg for its assistance in buying their weapons to fight Boko Haram. and yet people like you will claim we av all d most powerful gods in the world - the god of thunder,iron,rivers,war and so on. Since d Boko Haram war started why havent you voluntered to use d powers of ur gods fight BH.Why not constitute a panel of the Oworos, Oluwos, Are Ona Kakanfos, Baloguns, Apenas and other warior title-holders and lead them to the Sambisa for us? At least by now u would have been a world re-known hero! Imagine America and Russia being on their kneels begging to buy ur powers!! grin This would av helped us out of the Naira/oil mess we find ourselves now.As to having a unique identity, so killing women and strangers is an identity to be proud of - are u kidding me ? I have not asked u to drop your cultural way of dressing,greeting,training offspring-no,by no means. My point is a cultural practice such as oro that targets d most vulnerable in d society such as women and strangers, to make human sacrifice in d dead of d night to gods or spirits that have never helped u fight BH is not only barbaric but despicable. And all these barbaric practices must be stopped!!!

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by macof(m): 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
Max24:

See evidence of my arguments? All the emboldened above shows d type and quality of education given to you by "your parents." Instead of having an healthy and enlightening debate you resort to throwing abuses. My concern is d quality of thinking d children you raise will have if and when you av any. I am deliberately engaging you this far for few reasons - 1. am a teacher 2. some of d rubbish you are writing here can have a negative impact on some kids. I hope u know that being able to read and write is not tantamount to being educated. It has to do also with ur mindset. Any society that wants to dominate must allow for open debate and strong self-critique of its practices, culture and traditions. Do you know d main reasons d white succeeded in using our forefathers as slaves - it is simply because of ur type of thinking? They made mockery of ur long held beliefs and outlandish traditions that never brought any significant advantage to u. For example, you worship Sango since time immemorial yet till date he can not make you a world superpower. Just last week Buhari had to go to America to beg for its assistance in buying their weapons to fight Boko Haram. and yet people like you will claim we av all d most powerful gods in the world - the god of thunder,iron,rivers,war and so on. Since d Boko Haram war started why havent you voluntered to use d powers of ur gods fight BH.Why not constitute a panel of the Oworos, Oluwos, Are Ona Kakanfos, Baloguns, Apenas and other warior title-holders and lead them to the Sambisa for us? At least by now u would have been a world re-known hero! Imagine America and Russia being on their kneels begging to buy ur powers!! grin This would av helped us out of the Naira/oil mess we find ourselves now.As to having a unique identity, so killing women and strangers is an identity to be proud of - are u kidding me ? I have not asked u to drop your cultural way of dressing,greeting,training offspring-no,by no means. My point is a cultural practice such as oro that targets d most vulnerable in d society such as women and strangers, to make human sacrifice in d dead of d night to gods or spirits that have never helped u fight BH is not only barbaric but despicable. And all these barbaric practices must be stopped!!!

These aren't words that deform your character are they?
You called my ancestors ignorant and you stil expect me to respect you?
You think am on nairaland to make friends and make you happy? I don't need to hide my honest opinion of you. .
Only a foolish slowpoke insults his African ancestors and demonize everything African - this you did, so a foolish slowpoke you are...you obviously don't know anything about tradition or history ...you just blindly attack. ..you call the ancestors ignorant but you are the ignorant one here.

Even if you aren't yoruba and don't have anything like Oro in ur ethnicity.(that is if you know anything about about your ethnicity) best you respect the traditions of others. ..I will never insult a traditional practice, I respect all people of the world and surely whatever they do fits them. ..they don't need anybody to tell them how to live.

You are far too beneath me to dabble into a debate with you. ..I'm schooling you here...this is no debate.

Surely my children will be well educated and grounded in their cultures and traditions ...they will know themselves and embrace their identity. ..I am not one to teach people how to slave to others. .. I teach love in ethnic identity and appreciation for your culture.
You being a teacher only proves the terrible educational system in this country. .. an African man teaching his pupils to imitate the west and hate their African identity. ..you should be ashamed of yourself. ..teachers like you destroy the future of our continent

More stupid comments...how can you blame African traditional means for your problems? Boko haram was caused first of all by foreign ideas of islam. ..the Nigerian government doesn't employ traditional means. ..so why blame traditional means when you are yet to use them? See why I say you are dumb? Is this the type of logic you teach your pupils in school?

Listen Oro doesn't kill anybody. ..at least nothing will happen to you if you simply obey the law and stay indoors at night when the Oro is carried around town. ..if you wish to dare come out and whatever you see you have to bare it cus you were warned

2 Likes

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by Max24: 11:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
macof:

These aren't words that deform your character are they?
You called my ancestors ignorant and you stil expect me to respect you?
You think am on nairaland to make friends and make you happy? I don't need to hide my honest opinion of you. .
Only a foolish slowpoke insults his African ancestors and demonize everything African - this you did, so a foolish slowpoke you are...you obviously don't know anything about tradition or history ...you just blindly attack. ..you call the ancestors ignorant but you are the ignorant one here.

Even if you aren't yoruba and don't have anything like Oro in ur ethnicity.(that is if you know anything about about your ethnicity) best you respect the traditions of others. ..I will never insult a traditional practice, I respect all people of the world and surely whatever they do fits them. ..they don't need anybody to tell them how to live.

You are far too beneath me to dabble into a debate with you. ..I'm schooling you here...this is no debate.

Surely my children will be well educated and grounded in their cultures and traditions ...they will know themselves and embrace their identity. ..I am not one to teach people how to slave to others. .. I teach love in ethnic identity and appreciation for your culture.
You being a teacher only proves the terrible educational system in this country. .. an African man teaching his pupils to imitate the west and hate their African identity. ..you should be ashamed of yourself. ..teachers like you destroy the future of our continent

More stupid comments...how can you blame African traditional means for your problems? Boko haram was caused first of all by foreign ideas of islam. ..the Nigerian government doesn't employ traditional means. ..so why blame traditional means when you are yet to use them? See why I say you are dumb? Is this the type of logic you teach your pupils in school?

Listen Oro doesn't kill anybody. ..at least nothing will happen to you if you simply obey the law and stay indoors at night when the Oro is carried around town. ..if you wish to dare come out and whatever you see you have to bare it cus you were warned

You are truly beyond redemption like someone said earlier. Even a primary school child at Corona will be shocked at d silliness of ur arguments. I think Nigerian youths are far more intelligent than this. Kontinu alone in ur fools paradise where Yoruba gods and goddesses are d worlds superpowers over America and Russia!!!
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by bezimo(m): 7:06am On Aug 04, 2015
macof:

Why do you people hate African traditions so much? Why do you defend foreign values and attack African ones?
This Halloween is festival to dead people. ..kinda like egungun in Yorubaland
And just like Oro, there are also restrictions during halloween.. I know shops are closed, people don't drive etc. Certain costumes are ban also. ..certain parts of town are blocked
You won't talk about restrictions on western festivals but sure direct all your hatred towards ur fatherland. .
You are only being a moronic bastard slave to the Caucasians. ..mental slavery is one thing you need to relieve yourself of

Oro is not idol worship, neither is it the reason for the miserable conditions you have endured in life. ..stop blaming traditions like festivals for your lack of reasoning and intellectual laziness

Its obvious you are the moronic bastard, You are no where near enlightened than I am, so take your dirty opinion to the garbage.I cannot be miserable. I am super blessed and comfortable and have touched things you can only dream and imagine because I have embraced a progressive way of life.I state without apology to any idiotic idol worshipper or rubbish oro tradition that it is backwardness in every respect.Let me educate you and liberate you from your deep rooted ignorance.Google the "correlation between Native American tribes and backwardness, poverty, lack" . Then you would appreciate the point I am trying to pass into your empty block head that tradition/idol/ demon worship impacts a people negatively in every respect.
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by macof(m): 10:38am On Aug 04, 2015
Max24:

You are truly beyond redemption like someone said earlier. Even a primary school child at Corona will be shocked at d silliness of ur arguments. I think Nigerian youths are far more intelligent than this. Kontinu alone in ur fools paradise where Yoruba gods and goddesses are d worlds superpowers over America and Russia!!!

Redemption? grin grin
You have no idea how redeemed I am. . How free I am. ..
It is you who needs redemption. . Redemption from mental slavery and self hatred.

Certainly if Nigeria looked to its available resources rather this gross unemployment we would have become superpowers. ..but with morons like you in the majority, everything the land has to offer is not worth a look. ..why won't you be miserable when you only seek approval from other nations? When you reject anything developed locally? Denying it the opportunity to improve
The likes of you are to be blamed for whatever mess this continent is in

Not only do you worship Caucasians you are filled with so much hatred for yourself and those like you

I pity you.. but I even pity africa more

Intelligence comes with logical reasoning... ask yourself is it reasonable to hate yourself and worship others?

2 Likes

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by macof(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2015
bezimo:

Its obvious you are the moronic bastard, You are no where near enlightened than I am, so take your dirty opinion to the garbage.I cannot be miserable. I am super blessed and comfortable and have touched things you can only dream and imagine because I have embraced a progressive way of life.I state without apology to any idiotic idol worshipper or rubbish oro tradition that it is backwardness in every respect.Let me educate you and liberate you from your deep rooted ignorance.Google the "correlation between Native American tribes and backwardness, poverty, lack" . Then you would appreciate the point I am trying to pass into your empty block head that tradition/idol/ demon worship impacts a people negatively in every respect.

grin grin don't use my words especially when they don't apply. ..
I didn't call you a moronic bastard to insult you but simply to state my honest opinion of you
Bastard is best defined as a person who doesnt know his father....his ancestry or core values
A slowpoke is one that is quick to judge without use of logic

You called African traditions idol worshipping and demonic earlier. ..as an African this is pure sign of being a moronic bastard. .because you were quick to judge something you know absolutely nothing about. .worse, it's something you should know being African yourself

You cannot call yourself enlightened and lack knowledge of yourself. . First step to enlightened is "knowledge of self"
So sorry. ..you aren't enlightened

you don't know me. ..so how can you be sure of the statement (in bold)...this is just another moronic act

The native Americans you speak of helped the Caucasians survive, whatever mess they are in today is caused by trusting outsiders over your neighbors. ..same thing africans are guilty of
Native American traditions aren't to blame...these people are marginalized by the Caucasians

Halloween isn't demonic abi?, homosexuality too? Only whatever doesn't conform with western culture is demonic

2 Likes

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by bezimo(m): 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
macof:

grin grin don't use my words especially when they don't apply. ..
I didn't call you a moronic bastard to insult you but simply to state my honest opinion of you
Bastard is best defined as a person who doesnt know his father....his ancestry or core values
A slowpoke is one that is quick to judge without use of logic

You called African traditions idol worshipping and demonic earlier. ..as an African this is pure sign of being a moronic bastard. .because you were quick to judge something you know absolutely nothing about. .worse, it's something you should know being African yourself

You cannot call yourself enlightened and lack knowledge of yourself. . First step to enlightened is "knowledge of self"
So sorry. ..you aren't enlightened

you don't know me. ..so how can you be sure of the statement (in bold)...this is just another moronic act

The native Americans you speak of helped the Caucasians survive, whatever mess they are in today is caused by trusting outsiders over your neighbors. ..same thing africans are guilty of
Native American traditions aren't to blame...these people are marginalized by the Caucasians

Halloween isn't demonic abi?, homosexuality too? Only whatever doesn't conformf with western culture is demonic

Irrespective of you and your likes vow to continue in the tradition/idol worship which without doubt is demonic except to people of your type whose mind need devine illumination to embrace the truth and a progressive way of life, it's not my concern. So you agree the Native American tribes are indeed backward but refuse to see the correlation of their demonic worship practice and their backwardness having refused to embrace a progressive way of life that the whites came with in Christianity.You cant see the correlation because your mind is blinded by your idol/traditional worship. Its your type that tries to throw logic upside down because of sentiments and its a waste of time trying engage you objectively.
So goodluck to your idol worship adventure!!!!.
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by macof(m): 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
bezimo:

Irrespective of you and your likes vow to continue in the tradition/idol worship which without doubt is demonic except to people of your type whose mind need devine illumination to embrace the truth and a progressive way of life, it's not my concern. So you agree the Native American tribes are indeed backward but refuse to see the correlation of their demonic worship practice and their backwardness having refused to embrace a progressive way of life that the whites came with in Christianity.You cant see the correlation because your mind is blinded by your idol/traditional worship. Its your type that tries to throw logic upside down because of sentiments and its a waste of time trying engage you objectively.
So goodluck to your idol worship adventure!!!!.

many native Americans are Christians...and I already told you whatever mess they are in is due to marginalization and negligence by the US government. ..same way blacks are still ill treated
It's no fault of native tradition

China, Japan, Singapore, India traditional and they operate high standards such that you envy. ..so stop blaming traditions. ..traditions have nothing to do with the economic state of a people

Wole Soyinka is a proud traditional man, Tunde kelani, Fela. All well celebrated men. .. stop being a moronic bastard and learn to embrace your identity and stop slaving to the west

Oh I can assure you, I don't do sentiments
Dude you are a slowpoke remember? You don't do logic. .so stop preaching logic to me. .show a logical gesture ...all you do is brand anything different from Western culture as idol worship and demonic. ..I already told you Yoruba traditions aren't demonic

Theirs no truth in what you think...thinking everyone must copy oyinbo to live a progressive life
Many Caucasians live in poverty and under development ...

Here's an image of your white masters engaging in what you should call idol worship and demonic practices

3 Likes

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by bezimo(m): 12:29am On Aug 05, 2015
Max24:

Please stop wasting your time engaging him further, he lacks the required devine illumination of the mind to comprehend the obvious truth you are trying to pass into his head that seem seriously confused, his mind needs help but he doesnt know it, so he argues blindly and is in perharps a covenant with those rubbish Idols never to change and embrace a progressive way of life. So one is not surprised at all.

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by macof(m): 3:37am On Aug 05, 2015
bezimo:

Please stop wasting your time engaging him further, he lacks the required devine illumination of the mind to comprehend the obvious truth you are trying to pass into his head that seem seriously confused, his mind needs help but he doesnt know it, so he argues blindly and is in perharps a covenant with those rubbish Idols never to change and embrace a progressive way of life. So one is not surprised at all.

Why try to go behind my back and spew rubbish about me?
I am not afraid to engage you but you obviously lack the intellectual capacity to do likewise.

Being a firm believer in africanism is now association with idols and lack of progression? grin grin
I would like to know how the white and arab butt licking you do has given you and the continent at large a progressive life
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by kingston277(m): 3:47am On Aug 05, 2015
iamrealdeji:
So,all these oro whatever still exists in this 21st century? Only God knows who'll be the victim they'll sacrifice to their gods.  Damn, Ife is still a village living in 18th century,many of these kings are Pagans disguising under islam and christianity
Or rather the other way around.

bezimo:

Google the "correlation between Native American tribes and backwardness, poverty, lack" .
So you intend to foreword your point across by citing a biased, ethnocentric source written presumably by some whiteman with skin deep knowledge on the culture he/she is writing about? Does ancient native American tradition include the casino? Are you honestly one of those imperialist-blind shmucks who believes everything is optimal and there is no more racism/inequality? Because that's usually the logic shared by the privileged folks who devise those writeups.

macof:

China, Japan, Singapore, India traditional and they operate high standards such that you envy. ..so stop blaming traditions. ..traditions have nothing to do with the economic state of a people

I think countries like Oman and Saudi Arabia should be noted as extreme but good examples. SA won't even let their women drive, so why are they home to the 21st centuries greastest engineering feat? Why does tradition-bound Oman make westernized, Christianized Nigeria look like a ransacked jungle?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by macof(m): 11:30am On Aug 05, 2015
kingston277:

I think countries like Oman and Saudi Arabia should be noted as extreme but good examples. SA won't even let their women drive, so why are they home to the 21st centuries greastest engineering feat? Why does tradition-bound Oman make westernized, Christianized Nigeria look like a ransacked jungle?

Exactly! You notice countries that operate on their own values are progressive too. . Traditions don't determine your economic state. . Ultimately all people want economic growth and political stability, hence whatever practice they engage in is fit for them. ..they don't need external forces telling them what to do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From 2021 Osun Osogbo Festival / Igbo Writing / The Igbinedion Brothers At The Wedding Of Ewamade Igbinedion, Their Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.