Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. (20284 Views)

See The Snake My Friend Uncle Killed For Her To Eat (photos) / Scary: Which Of These Would You Eat For #50,000? / Pictures Of What People Eat For Breakfast Around The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
I don't know why humans are just making life difficult for themselves.
I was at an event two days ago, and I was served a mouth watering dish, but only fork and knife was provided without SPOON(can u imagine).
I don't know how to use it and the painful part is that it was a round table with two girls close by. Well knowing the type of person I am, I asked my friend for suggestion and he asked me to be myself. That statement was a motivation, I just dumped the knife, used the fork as spoon and used my hand to clear the chicken.
Well I am a Nigerian and I just pity people making life difficult for themselves in the name of civilization.

Why don't u share your own experience.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by onosprince(m): 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
Kv
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Pronmix(m): 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
Started using it when I entered JSS 1, had to learn else them wicked seniors dealt with me, since then been used to it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 01, 2015
Pronmix:
Started using it when I entered JSS 1, had to learn else them wicked seniors dealt with me, since then been used to it.
That's gud. But my pain is why should I use fork and knife and not spoon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Yustash001(m): 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
I don't think have ever used it together....I usually eat foods like moi-moi,Yam etc with fork .,.but have never used a Knife to eat...no need forming tuush...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Pronmix(m): 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
Lundii:

That's gud. But my pain is why should I use fork and knife and not spoon.

I know right, still that western conformity, question is why can't we use hands as Africans are known for?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by aydelicious: 6:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
Lundii:
I don't know why humans are just making life difficult for themselves.
I was at an event two days ago, and I was served a mouth watering dish, but only fork and knife was provided without SPOON(can u imagine).
I don't know how to use it and the painful part is that it was a round table with two girls close by. Well knowing the type of person I am, I asked my friend for suggestion and he asked me to be myself. That statement was a motivation, I just dumped the knife, used the fork as spoon and used my hand to clear the chicken.
Well I am a Nigerian and I just pity people making life difficult for themselves in the name of civilization.

Why don't u share your own experience.
I don't know what to say anymore but Bros, you are funny oooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by oloriadejoke(f): 6:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
Lolzzz I could remember when I have a date with a guy at MR BIGGS,d guy tushh gan with full bolted shirt and tie,when we about 2 eat and I saw the fork and knife my heart was beating fast,the guy was looking at me with heavy smile,but deep inside of me i don die but as a sharp yoruba lady I just put a sexy smile on my face and said 2 him "SWEET I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU EATING FIRST" at last he picked d fork and knife and start eating.thanks 2 heaven if I had mistakenly place the fork and knife in the wrong hand,i know the guy will say 2 himself girl yi lukooo gan(bush girl)

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
Yustash001:
I don't have ever used it together....I use for to eat foods like moi-moi,Yam etc.,.but have never used a Knife to eat...no need forming Behind...

Abi no time to form.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
oloriadejoke:
Lolzzz I could remember when I have a date with a guy at MR BIGGS,d guy tushh gan with full bolted shirt and tie,when we about 2 eat and I saw the fork and knife my heart was beating fast,the guy was looking at me with heavy smile,but deep inside of me i don die but as a sharp yoruba lady I just put a sexy smile on my face and said 2 him "SWEET I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU EATING FIRST" at last he picked d fork and knife and start eating.thanks 2 heaven if I had mistakenly place the fork and knife in the wrong hand,i know the guy will say 2 himself girl yi lukooo gan(bush girl)
Lol. Mine was Dat I did not know which hand to place it. U need to see how I was just changing hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by YerYer: 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
Fork to the left hand and knife to right hand. If u don't know how to use a fork & knife just go to YouTube and watch a tutorial. Don't embarrass yourself again.

25 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by cremedelacreme: 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
Using fork and knive to eat? Can't remember the first time I used them. I even eat faster with them when I'm eating eba. I don't see it as "forming" when people use them, they're just normal cutlery just like your spoon. Trust most Nigerians, anybody using fork and knive to eat is "forming". grin

14 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
I attended a catholic secondary school and God bless you if you don't know how to use the fork and knife angry and I am not talking about just holding the fork in the left and the knife in the right, you actually had to heap your food on the back of the fork to eat angry angry if you spill, you are going hungry mehn. those reverend sisters were MEAN!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
undecided undecided where is MrCork?
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Titto93(m): 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
Back in my secondary boarding school, I pretend to use it only when the authorities are around - knowing fully well it wastes time and energy...

Imagine using fork and knife when you just ended your 6 - 6 fasting, when hunger is at 100°C.

Imagine using fork and knife when you're expected to scramble food with your friends.

Imagine using fork and knife to munch fu-fu when you're alone in the house.

Bros, you're FOOLING yourself.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by meshacha1: 10:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
Nah by force
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by lekjons(m): 10:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
d kinds of food i used to eat dosn't require fork n knife(amala,fufu, Oyo bread and butter beans) btw, i dunno how to use it

#ProudlyAjekpako

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by steffans(m): 10:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
it was awesome wink
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by misspicy(f): 10:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
I have a very silly first experience o,it was during my siwes at NBC,we went for lunch and jollof rice and chicken was served with only folk and knife...nvr used d before,so I just called for d waitress and asked for spoon...everybody on d table just burst out laffing...i was really embarrased

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by UnknownT: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
G
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Tenim47(m): 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
U can neva get satisfied wit it

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
lol
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by john4aguero: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mine was awkward

After trying for more than five times to scoop the rice on my fork and it kept falling back to the plate... Jeez!! I was so vexed & frustrated so, ended up using just spoon. angry angry

I was later flogged so hard by the Dinning Prefect!! cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Adaeze003(f): 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
cheesy
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Ufranklin92(m): 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
Gf
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Adaeze003(f): 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
Thankfully, my dad taught me...

But like you, I still use the fork as a spoon and then then switch to fork n knife mode for the chicken... grin

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Phunmibi: 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
Lol
It was during my internship days in P&G
Cos for my house na Eba we always chop wink grin (I am serious)
So it happened that my first day at work we were told there would always be free food every day (lunch and breakfast).
I was at the canteen with my guy friends> I looked around (you know na, na oyinbo full P&G then. They were all eating with Fork and Knife. I was ashamed. I took up the courage went over to the guys serving, signed and took a tray.

I collected the food with my dessert. Thank God, I sat opposite the plant Manager. I watched him and I imitated him. I was carried away that it went bad and my slices of beef were about falling; thanks to the server that gave me Ishan. I looked around and I saw that my guy friends were all laughing at me. All the while the plant manager was all smiles. But, with time I got used to it
This happened way back in 2011

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by laurel03(m): 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
Most people in Africa don't like that combination...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by greatiyk4u(m): 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
First time I try am na so I take scatter my white packet shirt wt pepper soup as I was struggling hard 2 belong.....

12 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
undecided

E NO GO BETTER FOR NIGERIAN GIRLS. undecided

#team foreign girls

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
What is fork and knife?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by manny4life(m): 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
Everything makes NL FP... Even the most awkward topics, don't forget to tell us how you licked the plate as well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? / How I Made My Moimoi / Nigerian Customs Destroy N11.5m Worth Of Frozen Products In Edo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.