Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield (30537 Views)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017 / Leicesters Vs Manchester United:Community Shield (1 - 2) On 7th August 2016 / Mourinho Throws Away Community Shield Medal--- GOAL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by rusher14: 9:58am On Aug 04, 2015
I'll make a prediction.

Arsenal would defeat Chelsea 1 - nil.

I believe Oxlade- Chamberlain would get the goal.

I also predict that Wenger and Mourinho would refuse to shake hands after the game.

Warning:

I don't want people asking me who they would marry or if the deal they are presently pursuing will click.

I don't do this for money or fame but simply for the love of the game.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Keky(m): 9:58am On Aug 04, 2015
Nice one mod
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by udy4real(m): 10:01am On Aug 04, 2015
tosyne2much:
Because Arsenal Is Awoof

Chelsea will thrash Arsenal not because they are the better side but because Arsenal normally mess up when playing against class A teams cool
How market,who later trashed d other?
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Caveatemptor(m): 10:02am On Aug 04, 2015
This is sad.
It shows the kind of people running this forum. This match was played on Sunday August 2nd,so bringing this thread to the front page on tuesday August 4th is belated since the thread is a predictive thread.
There are so many more relevant threads in all the sections hidden away while this is moved to the front page?
Mind boggling.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by afuye(m): 10:02am On Aug 04, 2015
I thought as much
LatestTrend:
He's an Assnal fan.

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Afritop(m): 10:02am On Aug 04, 2015
WILL THERE BE A REPLAY BECAUSE THIS TOPIC IS OUTDATED

3 Likes

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by bastien: 10:03am On Aug 04, 2015
adedayourt:

iya ibeji
lol grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by UjSizzle(f): 10:03am On Aug 04, 2015
Ishilove/Seun is this your handwork? Lol what were you trying to do, rub-in the defeat? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Damfostopper(m): 10:05am On Aug 04, 2015
Who make dis stupid post fp...dis has pass na...r d mods sick ?
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by dridowu: 10:05am On Aug 04, 2015
Something is wrong , please pack this rubbish from frontpage

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:06am On Aug 04, 2015
UjSizzle:
Ishilove/Seun is this your handwork? Lol what were you trying to do, rub-in the defeat? grin grin

Ishilove
Seun
Lalasticlala

This is so unfair towards me, the op!

Is this how things are on nairaland?
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by chiedu7: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2015
[size=13pt]MOURINHO WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHELSEA BUS.

If the Famous Chelsea bus was operational, Arsenal for no win
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2015
grin grin grin grin...Arsenal Run things everywhere even in NL..... belated news make front page tongue tongue tongue
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by vislabraye(m): 10:12am On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
Despite being an Arsenal fan, I believe that Arsene Wenger’s team will go into the community shield match tomorrow as the underdogs. Arsenal will have to be consistent in playing their formidable attacking style that has given them a lot of goals and wins on their recent preseason matches in order to be able to defeat Chelsea.

Here are five reasons why I feel that the game against Chelsea will be an uphill battle for the Gooners-

1) Wenger has never beaten Mourinho’s Chelsea; Yes, Arsenal has never defeated Chelsea whenever it has been under Jose Mourinho’s management. Wenger has achieved only 5 draws and 7 losses against Mourinho. This means that Arsenal must do something different against Chelsea.

2) Chelsea has a better attacking force; There is little change in the line-ups from the previous season for both teams. Chelsea has proven to be a more deadly team in attack as they scored more goals than Arsenal in the past season (73 goals to 71). Furthermore, Chelsea has two powerful striking backup options on the bench with regards to Radamel Falcao and Loic Remy. While Danny Welbeck is the only backup for Olivier Giroud in Arsenal.

3) Chelsea has a stronger defence;
Here are some few stats to prove this-
-Arsenal has not scored Chelsea in over 482 minutes
-Arsenal conceded more goals in the last season than Chelsea (36 goals to 32)
Also, Arsenal has one of the slowest defenders in the EPL- Per Mertersacker. Another unfortunate fact for Arsenal is that Gabriel Paulista does not have any significant Premier League experience as a defender, since he is somewhat still a “fresh” signing. Gary Cahill and John Terry are rated far higher than both of the aforementioned Arsenal defenders.

4) Chelsea has done penalty practice; Chelsea’s last preseason match saw them beat Barcelona on penalties (4-2). This means that Chelsea will be more formidable if it comes down to penalties since it has been relatively long since Arsenal has officially played penalties.

5) Chelsea beat Arsenal at their last Community Shield meeting; Yes, Arsenal lost to Chelsea (2-1) ten years ago at their last meeting in the Community Shield. History is on Chelsea’s side. It is also worth mentioning that Chelsea is the better trophy hunter between the two clubs seeing as Chelsea has won more trophies than Arsenal in the last 5 seasons.

Source
http://allnaijablog.com/5-strong-reasons-why-chelsea-has-the-advantage-over-arsenal-in-the-community-shield

cc
Ishilove
Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Muskeeto
Tosyne2much

So what can u say now? I hope you gambled and lost

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2015
too late.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Agbalanze(m): 10:12am On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Ishilove
Seun
Lalasticlala

This is so unfair towards me, the op!

Is this how things are on nairaland?

@O.p.. Good for u! Swallow back ur vomits!!
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 04, 2015
Sorry buh why is this making FP today? or was the Mod who posted drugged on Friday and just waking up today?

undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Rilwayne001: 10:13am On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger, I will implore you not to go into the prophet business. You will make a bad prophet if you do...LOL.

Lalasticlala, why would you put this on FP when it is now stale? To mock the blogger or what

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by adedayourt(m): 10:14am On Aug 04, 2015
bastien:
lol grin

tell mod sey na joke oo
d guy fit vex hamma person ban like dat
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by MsTIQ(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2015
So its after the game that this thread is coming on the frontpage
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:17am On Aug 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:
AllNaijaBlogger, I will implore you not to go into the prophet business. You will make a bad prophet if you do...LOL.

Lalasticlala, why would you put this on FP when it is now stale? To mock the blogger or what

This is unfair towards me the op. Most of the bookies and sports pundits put money on chelsea. It is now stale. This is so unfair. A mature mod shouldnt be doing this

This is not how things should be done

cc
Seun
lalasticlala
ishilove
mukina
semid4lyfe
honeric01

2 Likes

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:18am On Aug 04, 2015
Agbalanze:

@O.p.. Good for u! Swallow back ur vomits!!

All bookies made similar predictions.

Sports analysts made similar predictions.

Guy, no one knows the future, we can only forecast using the past history
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Sanguine77(m): 10:19am On Aug 04, 2015
tosyne2much:
Because Arsenal Is Awoof

Chelsea will thrash Arsenal not because they are the better side but because Arsenal normally mess up when playing against class A teams cool
Feel free to eat, fry, cook and chop your words.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by purplekayc(m): 10:22am On Aug 04, 2015
Why are you putting up this thread on the front page now after the game has been played?

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Rilwayne001: 10:23am On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

This is unfair towards me the op. Most of the bookies and sports pundits put money on chelsea. It is now stale. This is so unfair. A mature mod shouldnt be doing this

This is not how things should be done

Man, its your fault from the on set. You made a very bad projection. You deserve to be mocked grin grin
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:25am On Aug 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Man, its your fault from the on set. You made a very bad projection. You deserve to be mocked grin grin

Is this how people think nowadays? Go and mock other sport analysts

People make wrong projections in sports all the time. The more consistent and bigger team is usually predicted to win.

Even if chelsea lost, the facts I wrote are still facts.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Chubhie: 10:26am On Aug 04, 2015
Caveatemptor:
This is sad.
It shows the kind of people running this forum. This match was played on Sunday August 2nd,so bringing this thread to the front page on tuesday August 4th is belated since the thread is a predictive thread.
There are so many more relevant threads in all the sections hidden away while this is moved to the front page?
Mind boggling.
I believe the MOD that pushed this had a score to settle with the OP. It has a political undertone.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by busky101(m): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2015
Fake gunner, ur analysis are wack.....this is football, anything can happen
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2015
Chubhie:
I believe the MOD that pushed this had a score to settle with the OP. It has a political undertone.

Thank you oo!

cc
Ishilove
Lalasticlala
Seun
Obinoscopy
Honeric01
Semid4lyfe
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:29am On Aug 04, 2015
busky101:
Fake gunner, ur analysis are wack.....this is football, anything can happen

Wack analysis based on facts?
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by iPopAlomo(m): 10:30am On Aug 04, 2015
Nihilist:
Wtf is this?

Hahaha... pained chelshit fan... tongue
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by bastien: 10:31am On Aug 04, 2015
adedayourt:

tell mod sey na joke oo
d guy fit vex hamma person ban like dat
how many people e wab ban,no be only us yab am na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 / Stoke City Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 9th September 2017 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 2) On 22nd September 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.