Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield (30543 Views)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017 / Leicesters Vs Manchester United:Community Shield (1 - 2) On 7th August 2016 / Mourinho Throws Away Community Shield Medal--- GOAL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Eberex(m): 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Hazard missed a one-on-one. Hazard also earned freekicks near the box during the match.

Falcao can be excused. He is still "fresh" in chelsea.

Ofcourse he had to miss a one-on-one. Who do you think was at the goal post? Schezny? The sight of Cech was enough to baloon the ball

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by IdJack(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
[size=20pt]hahahahahahaha....Thank God as you were typing this...Arsenal Scores Chelsea and Mourinho was crying and had to throw away his Medal...What a Shame.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by dotcomnamename: 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
tosyne2much:
Because Arsenal Is Awoof

Chelsea will thrash Arsenal not because they are the better side but because Arsenal normally mess up when playing against class A teams cool

[size=15pt]Douglass Grant:

''I have said before Arsenal will beat Chelsea on Sunday, without Alexis Sanchez, they are in different class now, you underestimate the Arsenal now they beat you, they have got Petr Cech fantastic world class signing, 3 games, 3 wins and 3 trophies within a month, as i have said these things before they happen so that when they do happen you know i said it. You could see how much better Arsenal now playing counter attack. They are a different team this season and will fight for the title. The scoreline would have been 2-0 or 3-0 with Alexis Sanchez on the pitch. With Petr Cech, Alexis Sanchez, Coquelin, Bellerin and Koscielny and Chamberlain, Chelsea should be worried this season. They have got Hazard who is better than Cristiano Ronaldo according to Mourinho, is it silly to compare Hazard to Ronaldo? i think so. Hazard is not a better player than Arsenals Alexis Sanchez for me. On a tactical basis, the way Arsenal and Chelsea approach this curtain raiser match is not different to the previous thirteen meetings. Petr Cech will break the clean sheet record at Arsenal''

[/size]

5 Likes

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by dotcomnamename: 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

The match ended 1-0. I would say that both team's attacking players were in both of their defending players' pockets. It was a tight and defensive game.

You also forget that the same Hazard destroyed [s]Arsenal in their 2-0 win in 2014 last season?[/s]

And both Costa and Giroud did not play.

[size=20pt]STORY

Talk about Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea, Community Shield 2015, Wembley Stadium @ 3pm[/size]

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Bazinga(m): 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Arsenal played cheap teams. Everton, Singapore XI, Wolfsburg, Lyon etc
Olivier Giroud is not worthy to shine Diego Costa's or Falcao's boots.
Hazard, Ramirez, Fabregas, etc....Chelsea has bad azz midfielders.
It is not going to be an easy match
How market?
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by pek(m): 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Falcao can be excused. He is still "fresh" in chelsea.
the way Bentekke is still fresh in Liverpool? Guy, the more you keep quiet, the better for you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by dotcomnamename: 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
pek:
the way Bentekke is still fresh in Liverpool? Guy, the more you keep quite, the better for you.

I don't think you know Chelsea fans? They will argue with you until Hazard win Ballon D'or grin
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
pek:
the way Bentekke is still fresh in Liverpool? Guy, the more you keep quite, the better for you.

Has Benteke played match in the English season for his new club? Are you seriously judging with pre-season matcheS?

Yaya Sanogo scored 4 goals in one match in the 2014 Emirates cup. Preseason matches are not a good indicator.

More and more, I see low IQ
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Bazinga(m): 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
Despite being an Arsenal fan, I believe that Arsene Wenger’s team will go into the community shield match tomorrow as the underdogs. Arsenal will have to be consistent in playing their formidable attacking style that has given them a lot of goals and wins on their recent preseason matches in order to be able to defeat Chelsea.

Here are five reasons why I feel that the game against Chelsea will be an uphill battle for the Gooners-

1) Wenger has never beaten Mourinho’s Chelsea; Yes, Arsenal has never defeated Chelsea whenever it has been under Jose Mourinho’s management. Wenger has achieved only 5 draws and 7 losses against Mourinho. This means that Arsenal must do something different against Chelsea.

2) Chelsea has a better attacking force; There is little change in the line-ups from the previous season for both teams. Chelsea has proven to be a more deadly team in attack as they scored more goals than Arsenal in the past season (73 goals to 71). Furthermore, Chelsea has two powerful striking backup options on the bench with regards to Radamel Falcao and Loic Remy. While Danny Welbeck is the only backup for Olivier Giroud in Arsenal.

3) Chelsea has a stronger defence;
Here are some few stats to prove this-
-Arsenal has not scored Chelsea in over 482 minutes
-Arsenal conceded more goals in the last season than Chelsea (36 goals to 32)
Also, Arsenal has one of the slowest defenders in the EPL- Per Mertersacker. Another unfortunate fact for Arsenal is that Gabriel Paulista does not have any significant Premier League experience as a defender, since he is somewhat still a “fresh” signing. Gary Cahill and John Terry are rated far higher than both of the aforementioned Arsenal defenders.

4) Chelsea has done penalty practice; Chelsea’s last preseason match saw them beat Barcelona on penalties (4-2). This means that Chelsea will be more formidable if it comes down to penalties since it has been relatively long since Arsenal has officially played penalties.

5) Chelsea beat Arsenal at their last Community Shield meeting; Yes, Arsenal lost to Chelsea (2-1) ten years ago at their last meeting in the Community Shield. History is on Chelsea’s side. It is also worth mentioning that Chelsea is the better trophy hunter between the two clubs seeing as Chelsea has won more trophies than Arsenal in the last 5 seasons.

Source
http://allnaijablog.com/5-strong-reasons-why-chelsea-has-the-advantage-over-arsenal-in-the-community-shield

cc
Ishilove
Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Muskeeto
Tosyne2much

How market mr analyst? Shey chelsea win ba? Yeye dey smell. Football is not 1+1. Chelsea go hear am this year
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by ojkalito(m): 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
iamkingzlee:
true talk boss!
yeah..i like d MOD who resurrected dis Topic so all u CHELSHIT fans can eat d Poo u spilled..Angry GUNNERS side ready 2 crush anything dat cross their path,indeed vengeance is best served cold
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
The mods wanted you to recognise your folly and eat your words, guess that's why this made front page. Hope you've learnt your lesson, a game of football is unpredictable so don't go around acting like you know what will happen.

Meanwhile, if truly you support Arsenal, you wouldn't think about your team losing. But then, you don't support Arsenal afterall. True fans always want their team to win and not definitively think they will lose.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by jidebaba69(m): 12:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
realtestament:
Op Which of the community shield are u talking about?? Because the one i watched arsene Wenger flogged mourinho...

#2nd leg no dey o

You mind them.
I always say that life is about cycles. Arsenal went unbeaten in 2004 they were in top of their cycle but the players got old and either left the team or retired. Another cycle started and we were building a new stadium so there were no funds to compete with other top clubs even at that we never fell below fourth and hence always qualified for the champions league.
Now there's another cycle and we will make full use of it because we now have the financial clout to compete with our competitors and players that are ready to challenge for trophies.
In other words a new cycle has begun.
Watch out!

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
teekay12:
The mods wanted you to recognise your folly and eat your words, guess that's why this made front page. Hope you've learnt your lesson, a game of football is unpredictable so don't go around acting like you know what will happen.

Meanwhile, if truly you support Arsenal, you wouldn't think about your team losing. But then, you don't support Arsenal afterall. True fans always want their team to win and not definitively think they will lose.

If that is the mindset of the mods then they are silly. The are not employed by Seun to bring stale news to front page just to mock fellow nairalanders.

I dont mind being mocked but when mods go out of their way to mock someone, i Find it unfair.

Also, if you bothered to read the article, it clearly says "Why chelsea MIGHT defeat arsenal". It did not say that Chelsea WILL defeat arsenal.

Many sports sites make the same predictive analysis http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2521247-5-reasons-to-believe-chelsea-can-win-the-champions-league-and-premier-league

CC
IShilove
Seun
Mukina2
Lalasticlala
Ogbeche77
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
teekay12:

If the thread made the front page on saturday before the match when the article was written and people ridiculed it, it would have made sense.

Or immediately after the match on sunday.

48 hours after the match without context just shows the hidden agenda
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

If that is the mindset of the mods then they are silly. The are not employed by Seun to bring stale news to front page just to mock fellow nairalanders.

I dont mind being mocked but when mods go out of their way to mock someone, i Find it unfair.

Also, if you bothered to read the article, it clearly says "Why chelsea MIGHT defeat arsenal". It did not say that Chelsea WILL defeat arsenal.

Many sports sites make the same predictive analysis http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2521247-5-reasons-to-believe-chelsea-can-win-the-champions-league-and-premier-league

CC
IShilove
Seun
Mukina2
Lalasticlala
Ogbeche77

Bros, calm down. Because other sites predicted it doesn't mean you should go with them. Where's your independence of thought? Will you conclude that you will fail an examination you've prepared for because someone somewhere looked at your history and then concluded you will fail?

To be honest though, I see nothing wrong with what the mods have done. Threads make front page here, sometimes, years after being created.

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by pek(m): 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Has Benteke played match in the English season for his new club? Are you seriously judging with pre-season matcheS?

Yaya Sanogo scored 4 goals in one match in the 2014 Emirates cup. Preseason matches are not a good indicator.

More and more, I see low IQ
You are the one that keeps exhibiting low IQ. I just don't understand what you are about. You have excused Falcao's performance and in the next breath claim that Bentekke has only played in per season. Why are you replying and attacking every post. You claim you are an Arsenal fan but I am sure you are not.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Nihilist: 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
pek:
You are the one that keeps exhibiting low IQ. I just don't understand what you are about. You have excused Falcao's performance and in the next breath claim that Bentekke has only played in per season. Why are you replying and attacking every post. You claim you are an Arsenal fan but I am sure you are not.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2015
teekay12:

Bros, calm down. Because other sites predicted it doesn't mean you should go with them. Where's your independence of thought? Will you conclude that you will fail an examination you've prepared for because someone somewhere looked at your history and then concluded you will fail?

To be honest though, I see nothing wrong with what the mods have done. Threads make front page here, sometimes, years after being created.

I didnt predict it because other sites predicted it. Please, learn to read and comprehend properly. What I clearly was trying to say is that it is normal for people to put statistics and facts to predict who will win a match. Many sports websites do it.

Also, threads that make front page years after they have been created have relevance and arent time based.

Can we say the same about this thread? Please, stop being dishonest. You sound like a very smart person. Thanks
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
pek:

I excused both players because they havent played much for their clubs in competitive leagues or cups. Learn to read.

Is it a crime to reply many posts?

Low IQ again
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I didnt predict it because other sites predicted it. Please, learn to read and comprehend properly. What I clearly was trying to say is that it is normal for people to put statistics and facts to predict who will win a match. Many sports websites do it.

Also, threads that make front page years after they have been created have relevance and arent time based.

Can we say the same about this thread? Please, stop being dishonest. You sound like a very smart person. Thanks

Didn't it form part of your 'defence' that other pundits and sports websites put their mouth/money on Chelsea?

Let's even leave it out of whether it made front page in a mischievous manner. You are an Arsenal fan, but don't think your team will win a match that's yet to be played? Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by iamkingzlee(m): 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
ojkalito:
yeah..i like d MOD who resurrected dis Topic so all u CHELSHIT fans can eat d Poo u spilled..Angry GUNNERS side ready 2 crush anything dat cross their path,indeed vengeance is best served cold
lool. No vex for my head naacheesy me and Chelsea fans na Tom and Jerry. I'm a die hard Arsenal Fanatic!!!
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
teekay12:

Didn't it form part of your 'defence' that other pundits and sports websites put their mouth/money on Chelsea?

Let's even leave it out of whether it made front page in a mischievous manner. You are an Arsenal fan, but don't think your team will win a match that's yet to be played? Pathetic.

See how you talk rubbish? First you argue that one should reason independently and now you are saying that I should reason like a group of diehard arsenal supporters.

I want Arsenal to win all their matches. But why should I not use my brain?

Are you telling me that I should say that an underdog is more likely to defeat the statistically better team?

I support Arsenal and wanted Arsenal to win but chelsea had the advantage going to that match.

To make an extreme example, are you saying that a division one team supporter eg (Bradford) should state that they can beat Real Madrid?

Are you also saying that sports predictions with analysis should not be done because it is 50/50 odds in a knockout match?
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by xest(m): 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
Despite being an Arsenal fan, I believe that Arsene Wenger’s team will go into the community shield match tomorrow as the underdogs. Arsenal will have to be consistent in playing their formidable attacking style that has given them a lot of goals and wins on their recent preseason matches in order to be able to defeat Chelsea.

Here are five reasons why I feel that the game against Chelsea will be an uphill battle for the Gooners-

1) Wenger has never beaten Mourinho’s Chelsea; Yes, Arsenal has never defeated Chelsea whenever it has been under Jose Mourinho’s management. Wenger has achieved only 5 draws and 7 losses against Mourinho. This means that Arsenal must do something different against Chelsea.

2) Chelsea has a better attacking force; There is little change in the line-ups from the previous season for both teams. Chelsea has proven to be a more deadly team in attack as they scored more goals than Arsenal in the past season (73 goals to 71). Furthermore, Chelsea has two powerful striking backup options on the bench with regards to Radamel Falcao and Loic Remy. While Danny Welbeck is the only backup for Olivier Giroud in Arsenal.

3) Chelsea has a stronger defence;
Here are some few stats to prove this-
-Arsenal has not scored Chelsea in over 482 minutes
-Arsenal conceded more goals in the last season than Chelsea (36 goals to 32)
Also, Arsenal has one of the slowest defenders in the EPL- Per Mertersacker. Another unfortunate fact for Arsenal is that Gabriel Paulista does not have any significant Premier League experience as a defender, since he is somewhat still a “fresh” signing. Gary Cahill and John Terry are rated far higher than both of the aforementioned Arsenal defenders.

4) Chelsea has done penalty practice; Chelsea’s last preseason match saw them beat Barcelona on penalties (4-2). This means that Chelsea will be more formidable if it comes down to penalties since it has been relatively long since Arsenal has officially played penalties.

5) Chelsea beat Arsenal at their last Community Shield meeting; Yes, Arsenal lost to Chelsea (2-1) ten years ago at their last meeting in the Community Shield. History is on Chelsea’s side. It is also worth mentioning that Chelsea is the better trophy hunter between the two clubs seeing as Chelsea has won more trophies than Arsenal in the last 5 seasons.

Source
http://allnaijablog.com/5-strong-reasons-why-chelsea-has-the-advantage-over-arsenal-in-the-community-shield

cc
Ishilove
Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Muskeeto
Tosyne2much
finally ur history has not only betrayed u but it has also left u. Do a better research bro
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
xest:
finally ur history has not only betrayed u but it has also left u. Do a better research bro

grin grin

smh.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Pebcak: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
[img]http://i./4bA1znk868IE.gif[/img]
[size=18pt]na so arsenal brush dem off, Arsenal no get time joooor[/size]

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Eberex(m): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
teekay12:

He's a fake arsenal fan
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Mybeast876: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
So we should start arguing after they Don beat us.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Smooyis(m): 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
And now what happened
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by chidiandre(m): 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
don't ever in your life call your self an arsenal fan....u are the type of fan that when things are going bad for arsenal u deny the club like Judas....so please.....am sure u were claiming arsenal fan when we won on Sunday right....fake supporter.... arsenal have always been the better team against Chelsea even mourinho knows that's why hr can't stop talking about arsenal even all Chelsea fan....so please have faith in the club u are supporting and don't abandon ur beliefs just because..... its jus like denying God cos things don't go ur way

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by MadCow1: 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
Caveatemptor:

A sick mind might find this humorous,unfortunately I didn't.

Sick mind you said? Very funny as well..

Get some humour in your life hommie and stop talking as if the issue at hand here involved someone's life.

The OP put up a thread that detailed why Arsenal would lose to Chelsea and alas the opposite happened. Yes the bringing of the thread to the front page may have been delayed and after the fact, but it just goes to show the OP who spent his time and energy typing up that long epistle (assuming it isn't a plagerielsed article) that in Football, anything can happen.

I found it funny, you didn't. . Still does not make it okay for you to moan the way you did over nothing. Not all front page articles must contain serious articles or breaking news..

Madcow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 / Stoke City Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 9th September 2017 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 2) On 22nd September 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.