Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church (2340 Views)

China Bans Children From Attending Churches / 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services / 5 Benefits Of Attending Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2015
Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church

Wow! People have very frank and funny excuses for missing church sometimes.
It is common to every one. One time or another, some of us have used one or more of these. Confess... Let's check out some;

1. I don't have offering

This is so common. God owns the heavens and the earth, your offering is imperceptible, infinitesimal and too tiny to stop you from going to receive HIS huge blessings.

2. The Ushers are annoying; the choir sings crap.

Haha! But the main reason we are in church is for the Word of God and not necessarily to observe the choir or the ushers? Spiritual hunger never catch you sha! ,D

3. The pastor is always preaching to me

Oh boy! Oh girl! If the message is always pricking your heart, you have to make some adjustment. The day your earthly father become so little to scold you, that day your doom begins. Pride goes before a fall. sad

4. I was washing

What is wrong with washing on Saturday evening? It's now God's day that feels right to steal for your pleasures? God is watching wink

5. Must one attend church? I am better than those attending.

Every body has a place. For believers, it is the Local assembly- what we call, Church. "Do not forsake it", God warned. Those excuses are immature and lame please. smiley

6. My cloth was not ironed

This excuse is not possible when you're having a date with your girl o...but God? Hmm!

7. My real church is far and I don't attend just any church.

The church is where the Holy Spirit is. It is any place the Word of God is being preached with power. I nor understand your excuse o. Dress up and find one church enter. Does a drunk have any special bar? No! As long as you sell the same Heineken, just bring am!

8. They don't allow trousers or minis in that church; those are all i have.

Its funny how we don't and are not ready to make sacrifices for spiritual things just because we don't value them. Find a church that wear trousers and start from somewhere na.

9. I was having headaches

Where else will your head ache healed? In the church of course. It's like saying, "I can't go to see the doctor, I'm sick" C'mon!

10. I slept off.

When you didn't stay awake all night and even if you did, there are many churches that run 2, 3, 4 or 5 services. You can attend any cheesy

11. Rain was falling

Especially in this season, this excuse is making cool cash.
It's appalling that we can't miss work because of a heavy rain but with a little show, most will just change their minds immediately. Put on their TV and the rest is history. sad

In conclusion, if Jesus came while you were home, will you be happy to receive Him? If God treats you as you do to Him- ignoring and snubbing His invitations, what will become of your life?

When you go to church, you're honouring God. If you're not, God is asking you today, "If I be your FATHER, where is my honour?" selah

smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by ifeanyija(m): 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by ladyF(f): 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
Hahaha

I will watch church on TV. Why go to Sokoto for what is in ur sokoto.
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by MuguliciousMUGU: 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
But when the pastor says, he will give the first 500 early comers 250,000 the church go full by all means, even the ushers would start renting chairs, because people from around the world who are also nigerians would love to attend the church, i trust my igbo brothers na, them no dey dull.
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2015
God help us all but some churches are just gate to hell and dis end time it's hard to identify the good ones from the bad ones, your salvation is the key to make heaven , a lot is happening in churches today
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Esdb3: 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
You are so on point.

1 Like

Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Tolexander: 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
My favorite Pastor has travelled, service won't be interesting today!

1 Like

Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by An2elect2(f): 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2015
So you think you are a Christian because you go to church?

Think about this: the biblical definition of church is not a place or location but a body/group of believers.

So how can you worship in a group of people including yourself?

John 4:23-24

"But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will
worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people
to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship
in spirit and truth.”

Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by IceSplash(f): 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
no 6 grin
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
adeekiti:
God help us all but some churches are just gate to hell and dis end time it's hard to identify the good ones from the bad ones, your salvation is the key to make heaven , a lot is happening in churches today

Going to church has no substitute.
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by graciousolo(m): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
My church area is prone to Boko boys attack.
Not my church ooo #Excuses
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
IceSplash:
no 6 grin

Your favorite ba? cheesy
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
Tolexander:
My favorite Pastor has travelled, service won't be interesting today!

You go fear Favorite pastor na! grin
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
But when the pastor says, he will give the first 500 early comers 250,000 the church go full by all means, even the ushers would start renting chairs, because people from around the world who are also nigerians would love to attend the church, i trust my igbo brothers na, them no dey dull.

I dey tell u
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by brodalikeme(m): 10:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
Very true! Christian always have the propensity to make baseless excuses to justify their lack of commitment, not knowing that the yoke of following Christ is lighter that any other alternative out there

1 Like

Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 01, 2015
ladyF:
Hahaha

I will watch church on TV. Why go to Sokoto for what is in ur sokoto.

The evil technology brought! cry

#they want to watch everything#
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
brodalikeme:
Very true! Christian always have the propensity to make baseless excuses to justify their lack of commitment, not knowing that the yoke of following Christ is lighter that any other alternative out there

That's right! They're too intelligent now.
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
graciousolo:
My church area is prone to Boko boys attack.
Not my church ooo #Excuses

Hmm
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
An2elect2:
So you think you are a Christian because you go to church?

Think about this: the biblical definition of church is not a place or location but a body/group of believers.

So how can you worship in a group of people including yourself?

John 4:23-24

"But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will
worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people
to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship
in spirit and truth.”

Who called it a place? The place is called a Local Assembly.. Most call it church.

The church is a necessity. Heb. 10:25.
BTW, are you a Christian or a Sabatharian? undecided
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by An2elect2(f): 11:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
emusmith:

Who called it a place? The place is called a Local Assembly.. Most call it church.

If i ask you were your local assembly/church is, will you fault my question? and what will your reply be?
emusmith:

The church is a necessity. Heb. 10:25.
BTW, are you a Christian or a Sabatharian? undecided

The church is the body of Christ and constitutes of believers. What is a necessity here is fellowship/assembly of and godly encouragement among these members according to the passage you cited.

O yes, i am a Christian.
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 02, 2015
Well I stopped going to church for a justified reason.
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 02, 2015
Sorry for interrupting your chats
emusmith:

Going to church has no substitute.
but,permit me to ask,what is your understanding of the word "Church"?
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:
You are so on point.
Rather, he is out of point; 360° out of point.

1 Like

Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 02, 2015
brodalikeme:
And Whats your Biblical definition and explanation of commitment?
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by brodalikeme(m): 1:15am On Aug 02, 2015
starlingslimnet:
And Whats your Biblical definition and explanation of commitment?

As per church attendance
Psalm 122 vs 1- I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.

Regarding commitment/dedication
Psalm 104 vs 33
I will sing to the LORD as long as I live. I will praise my God to my last breath
Joshua 24 vs 15
But if you refuse to serve the LORD, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.
Daniel 6 vs 10
But when Daniel learned that the law had been signed, he went home and knelt down as usual in his upstairs room, with its windows open toward Jerusalem. He prayed three times a day, just as he had always done, giving thanks to his God
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by OgundeleT(m): 2:20am On Aug 02, 2015
me I stop going to church not based on the reason you have stated above but bcus what they say there does not make sense, tales upon tales
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by kristen12(f): 2:26am On Aug 02, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Well I stopped going to church for a justified reason.

Hebrews10:25- Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Re: Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
kristen12:

Hebrews10:25- Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
hmm.....you sure know how to pacify someone....so Let me ask, where do you fellowship?

(1) (Reply)

"You Are A Gorilla If You Keep Beards" - Pastor E. A. Adeboye / Who Is Jehovah? / Dreams And Sources Of Dreams Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.