Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon (929 Views)

How Far With Our Refineries? / ‘those Celebrating My Downfall Celebrated Too Soon!’ – Ben Murray-bruce / See How Buhari's Past Came Back To Haunt Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon by bilms(m): 10:20am On Aug 02, 2015
WHY OUR REFINERIES CAME BACK TO LIFE TOO SOON
Few days ago, the news of our refinery coming back to life and hitting 90 per cent production capacity littered our airwaves.

Both PDP and APC are struggling to claim the achievement for their party.

However, i feel that such achievement shouldn't be claimed by anyone, as none of both parties actually did much to deserve the glory.

The coming back to life of the refinery is basically as a result of the fear of Buhari. Nothing more.

I reliably gathered from authoritative sources that the coming back to life of our refineries wasn't the work of anyone. Not Buhari,not Jonathan. I was told authoritatively that, there was wrong with our refineries. The only problem, according to my source is the lack of coal.

Contrary to what we were made to believe during the tenure of former president Goodluck Jonathan that our refineries need certain turn around maintenance, the authoritative source, who is the head of one of the refineries said nothing was needed to put it to work except coal.

The source who attribute the lack coal to unknown reason stated that, politicians took the advantage of the docile attitude of the former president to exploit the nation, while the presidents reaction to issues made it difficult for any anyone to speak up on the main issues affecting the refineries.

This is why you see that, despite not doing any turn around maintenance, the refineries are back to life.

It should be recalled that in March 2015, the former administration of Goodluck Jonathan said the refineries would come back to life in 2016 after the turn around maintenance, but without any turn around maintenance, all the refineries are now back to life.
Re: Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon by BRIGHTTAZ: 10:26am On Aug 02, 2015
De making of de fulness of time
Re: Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon by stevecantrell: 10:27am On Aug 02, 2015
The fear of Buhari..nothing more.
That's what I was telling someone yesterday when he asked why power has gone up from 5% availability to over 80% in our place on the island over the last 6 weeks.

GEJ should bow in shame, he knew the refineries were working but preferred not to use them..for personal wealth creation reasons.
Re: Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon by asha80(m): 10:31am On Aug 02, 2015
Op please explain the relationship between coal and oil refinery for those of us not in refining circles
Re: Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon by galadima77(m): 10:39am On Aug 02, 2015
meanwhile some vampires turned TANoids aka wailers still wanted us to continue in that path. shame on you guys!

1 Like

Re: Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon by fromnigeria(m): 10:41am On Aug 02, 2015
Well Observed OP

Whatever!!! All thats important is that these refineries gets functional.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon by NCP: 10:49am On Aug 02, 2015
Brethren, say Amen to that as we WAIL.

Re: Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon by NCP: 10:55am On Aug 02, 2015
asha80:
Op please explain the relationship between coal and oil refinery for those of us not in refining circles

Use google. Just elementary science.
Re: Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon by asha80(m): 11:02am On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon by asha80(m): 11:05am On Aug 02, 2015
NCP:

Use google. Just elementary science.
the relationship I saw on google was how refining of coal techniques was used in the beginning as technique for refining oil..however in the op's write he says absence of coal was the reason why the refineries were not working
So my question is how coal is used in the refinery process of crude oil?is it in the heating process of fractional distillation?
Re: Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon by StCapital: 11:30am On Aug 02, 2015
Bilms@ i believe you are one of those people who don't read any write up that is more than 10 lines , please i will advise you to make out time and make up your mind to read lengthy posts so that you will learn alot and you will know some things going on in the country, In your dream if they told you that our Refineries started working because Pmb's administration revived it you will believe. For your information they started working on our refineries since November or December last year,please you people should stop giving pmb credit on developments he knows nothing about, again ,is people like you will start praising Pmb on this Electricity improvement in some parts of the country without remembering that somebody was at the helm of Affairs before pmb. Thanks
Re: Why Our Refineries Came Back To Life Too Soon by StCapital: 11:39am On Aug 02, 2015
Bilms@ please i forgot to say here that the person that told you that was the issue ,the person just wanted to damage former President and his administration more.

(1) (Reply)

Conversation Between Jonathan And His Aide By Funke Ebgemode / The Pigs – As Fashola Gets Dirty By Peregrino Brimah / What Does Tinubu Really Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.