Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria (50676 Views)

Unknown Advantages Of Having A Low GPA / 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria / The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by SlimBrawnie(f): 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
I couldn't help but counter the opinion and not facts of the thread[b] https://www.nairaland.com/2496607/disadvantages-national-open-university-nigeria[/b] that appeared on FP earlier on(Dont know why the op is so pained)I finished from a conventional university and presently pursing an LL.B program in NOUN. Contrary to what the op posted which is quite defamatory, I will like to clearly state here that despite its challenges, NOUN is the best university for those who are ready to WORK & LEARN. University of South Africa(UNISA) is an open university and same applies to many universities in the UK and US.

Here are the advantages of attending NOUN:
1. Her students are not barred from the compulsory NYSC scheme, rather, they are given exemption letters from NYSC since most of her students are either over 30years of age or must have served during his/her 1st degree.

2. B.SC Nursing has been given interim accreditation.

3. NOUN study centers are well equipped unless you are talking about the tutorial centers which are two different things entirely.

4. Less employed?? Nah.... I want to believe that there is hardly any organisation you step into that you won't find a NOUN student. So what employment are you talking about again?

5, Are students of conventional universities paid the stipulated sum after IT? NOUN students don't even need it when they already earn better.

6. Attending lectures is your choice. There are tutorial centers across and the school recently made a law that for you to lecture at the tutorial center, you must have a minimum of Masters so tell me, who are they lecturing?? Monkeys?? Also, the course materials are right there on the website, if you can't get the hard copy from the school, download it and print out. Besides you pay for course registration and not course materials.

7. Destitute, Smokers and Prostitutes?? I was a student of ABSU(A Proud Ikengress) and I think NOUN is far better when it comes to social vices in Higher Institutions.

8. NOUN students are not researchers? There is what we call DIY (Do It Yourself) and NOUN students apply it so well. NOUN supervisors are from conventional universities and what applies there, applies in NOUN too.

9. TMA and exams in year 1&2 are just honeymoon period for her students. I think you should checkout her year3 & above students.

10. Yes, NOUN is
not in the list because it has not been
included in Nigerian University Ranking
YET.

11. Student Union doest exist, yes, but there are associations that represent the interest of each department.

Like someone once said

...you come in as a nobody but graduate as a
somebody.
-probably as a computer illiterate but graduate
with vast knowledge of the computer.
-there is no bribing in the University.
-no short cut to pass.
-there is very low room or zero tolerance for
examination malpractice.
-there is no room for laziness.
-no time to waste.
-no strike to waste our precious life.
-relatively cheap.
-Access to all Federal/ State and cooperate
body scholarship
-no room for awaiting result/statement of
result but graduate and get your certificate/
Degree immediately.
- all courses accredited by NUC (confirmed)
*many frustrated Nigerian students are now
hopeful for higher education.

Your success depends mostly on you, it is
meant for students who can study and read on
their own.
Thank You

146 Likes 17 Shares

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
counter thread

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by timijoseph01(m): 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
ok
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by okosodo: 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
ADONBILIVIT

1 Like

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2015

Abeg guys how una go fit take help me today?
I was downloading this new p0rn made by Paris Hinton some minutes ago and network was really slow. when I suddenly noticed my stomach growling like crazy. I quickly set my phone down and made my way to the kitchen to slice and cook yam as it was pretty obvious I was hungry.
After setting the yam on the stove, I jumped on my bed only to notice the movie had finished downloading. I started playing the movie and I gotta admit the sex scenes were really great and didn't know when my hands made way into my pants.

My blockos is itching me like crazy now, I feel like dying,.... . Guys what can I do to stop this.? embarassed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Lasgidy1(m): 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by mrsuccessful(m): 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
Time to go school.... if you no go school angry grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Drikojigzy(m): 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
bbooked
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by tiamiyukunle69(m): 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
Counter attack to bad

2 Likes

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by powerfulsettingz: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
I was here
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
THE OP IS WRONG

1 Like

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by jamesharryson(m): 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
For anybody talking bad against NOUN, I think he/she should rethink. That institution is indeed hope to the JAMB-disgraced citizens of Nigeria. The school is really working hard for her students be allowed to be going for the NYSC programme which I think they can make it.

I have taken another course on mathematics there because that has been my dream course. I graduated as a chemical engineer. Without following the most tiring protocols of jamb, I will be graduating with B.Sc in Mathematics. I am hAppy such school exists. I also advise students who find it difficult gettong admission into circular universities to pick a form and just move on instead of killing their precious future at home

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by McEwen(m): 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
FriedPlantain:

I was downloading this new p0rn made by Paris Hinton some minutes ago and network was really slow. when I suddenly noticed my stomach growling like crazy. I quickly set my phone down and made my way to the kitchen to slice and cook as it was pretty obvious I was hungry.
After setting the yam on the stove, I jumped on my bed only to notice the movie had finished downloading. I started playing the movie and I gotta admit the sex scenes were really great and didn't know when my hands made way into my pants.

My blockos is itching me like crazy now, I feel like dying,.... . Guys what can I do to stop this.? embarassed

where are your manners shocked shocked

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
Well, NOUN gives opportunities to the 'busy elderly' ones who might not have the time to go to a conventional University but the question now is would the degrees from these NOUNs be considered on the same level as those from conventional ones?

In other news...meanwhile MODs be deleting my FTC (still detest that acronym), be recycling posts from afternoon, be ignoring to put on FP trending news just posted all because of me AJANTALA! Eni koo o mo, eni moo o koo!

I guess them 'a be scared of my 'Alabukun' yell and logo thinking I am here to advertise something on this forum but they got me all wrong dawg! I just be tripping after taking some 'o' that thang! Last time I-an-I check it be illegal to delete comments without reason man!

I am gonna dedicate a whole day to FTC-ing all a-dem posts and me gwan see what y'all do about it brov. Trust me I nail FTC pass Intofart cause me browse from the future!

Meanwhile here goes...vis-a-vis

1 Like

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
Your counter thread is weak..very weak OP....to each is own ..success is not measured by the school you attended but by what you contributed to develop humanity..who did you help in life?

3 Likes

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Humblebloke(m): 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ok.... Noted
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by ggrin(f): 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by NotGej: 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
Gdnkda
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Realwvn(m): 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
You have aids, I suggest you gulp chlorine

http://naijanewsrave.com
FriedPlantain:

I was downloading this new p0rn made by Paris Hinton some minutes ago and network was really slow. when I suddenly noticed my stomach growling like crazy. I quickly set my phone down and made my way to the kitchen to slice and cook as it was pretty obvious I was hungry.

1 Like

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Shaadey: 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
no lele
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Engnrcollins(m): 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
Unn still...
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by NoRetreat(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
I was admitted in 2007 to study Law after some years without making any progress, everything was stagnant without exams. I quit and presently I am a graduate of Law. Thank God, I left as the time I left.

3 Likes

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by kingarizona1(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Not very convincing
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by zuma4k(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Proudly a NOUNITE any day anytime...

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by constantchanges: 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Good
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by habex005(m): 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Good counter
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by kennyman2000(m): 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Oya, i expect another counter - counter thread..

Expect something like..

Why some students aren't making it and why some arent making it in NOUN... This should clear the argument..
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by oscarnoble(m): 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Make I book space, ,make I finish cooking my beans first
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Dindondin(m): 7:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
b
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by halton(m): 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
No comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scholarship For Faizah Abubakar Who Had 9 As In WAEC To Phd Level / Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) / Missing 300L Female Student Of Babcock University (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.