Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria (50757 Views)

Unknown Advantages Of Having A Low GPA / 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria / The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Oluwaplumpie(m): 11:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Your counter thread is weak..very weak OP....to each is own ..success is not measured by the school you attended but by what you contributed to develop humanity..who did you help in life?
how does this even begin to relate to the thread?

2 Likes

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Oluwaplumpie(m): 11:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
NoRetreat:
I was admitted in 2007 to study Law after some years without making any progress, everything was stagnant without exams. I quit and presently I am a graduate of Law. Thank God, I left as the time I left.
That's about 8 years ago... Are u suggesting nothing has changed?
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Capableben(m): 11:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
jamesharryson:
For anybody talking bad against NOUN, I think he/she should rethink. That institution is indeed hope to the JAMB-disgraced citizens of Nigeria. The school is really working hard for her students be allowed to be going for the NYSC programme which I think they can make it.

I have taken another course on mathematics there because that has been my dream course. I graduated as a chemical engineer. Without following the most tiring protocols of jamb, I will be graduating with B.Sc in Mathematics. I am hAppy such school exists. I also advise students who find it difficult gettong admission into circular universities to pick a form and just move on instead of killing their precious future at home
U studied chemical Engr at NOUN
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by honourableseyi: 12:10am On Aug 03, 2015
Capableben:

Check the punctuation marks in his post
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by jamesharryson(m): 12:24am On Aug 03, 2015
Capableben:

Read well my dear. I took mathematics in the NOUN as a second course but chemical engineering was in FUTO. NOUN don't do engineering there for now.

I shouldn't do pgd if I graduated from futo so I need to do masters but the time is what I don't have now
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 03, 2015
BreezyRita:

FriedPlantain! FriedPlantain!! You don't carry this your case come here?
grin tongue
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by IDEALCASH(m): 3:37am On Aug 03, 2015
That's good
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by DeRoyalFranco(m): 5:05am On Aug 03, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Abeg guys how una go fit take help me today?
I was downloading this new p0rn made by Paris Hinton some minutes ago and network was really slow. when I suddenly noticed my stomach growling like crazy. I quickly set my phone down and made my way to the kitchen to slice and cook yam as it was pretty obvious I was hungry.
After setting the yam on the stove, I jumped on my bed only to notice the movie had finished downloading. I started playing the movie and I gotta admit the sex scenes were really great and didn't know when my hands made way into my pants.

My blockos is itching me like crazy now, I feel like dying,.... . Guys what can I do to stop this.? embarassed

See ur doctor for mental check up sad
FriedPlantain:

I was downloading this new p0rn made by Paris Hinton some minutes ago and network was really slow. when I suddenly noticed my stomach growling like crazy. I quickly set my phone down and made my way to the kitchen to slice and cook yam as it was pretty obvious I was hungry.
After setting the yam on the stove, I jumped on my bed only to notice the movie had finished downloading. I started playing the movie and I gotta admit the sex scenes were really great and didn't know when my hands made way into my pants.

My blockos is itching me like crazy now, I feel like dying,.... . Guys what can I do to stop this.? embarassed

See ur doctor for mental check up
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by bellras(m): 5:31am On Aug 03, 2015
To the best of my knowledge NOUN is a better institution compare to the conventional ones. I was a recipient of both education and I must confess that if you are a lazy type, I am sorry , you may not survive in NOUN.I am a proud Nounaite and I am very proud of the school.
What else do you want my MA thesis was supervised by a university Don not just any university but university of ibadan.
Once more NOUN is the best that has happened to Nigeria education in the recent time.
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by juman(m): 6:10am On Aug 03, 2015
This present government has the responsibility of making it better system.
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 03, 2015
I'm proudly a NOUN student tongue
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by udemzyudex(m): 6:53am On Aug 03, 2015
veeberry:
That op is so dumb. The NOUN is meant for working class and not children who should experience class teachings. I have never seen a school who's credible as the NOUN. An institution where you reap what you sow. [b]I can swear to you that all conventional universities engage in malpractices from the classroom to exam[\b] . Ur problem is that we do not value what we have, always criticizing our efforts. Countries like the UK, USA, SA, India etc has open universities. For that op, NOUN is "work and learn".

You go just die for nothing if you swear..... Smh

I'm not a now student, but attributing that bolded word to all conventional University is wrong.
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by nanalady(f): 6:54am On Aug 03, 2015
Please..any information on their msc programmes..for this year..are the forms on sale..?thank you..waiting for any response ooh..
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by MrDoGood(m): 7:39am On Aug 03, 2015
ajantala:
Well, NOUN gives opportunities to the 'busy elderly' ones who might not have the time to go to a conventional University but the question now is would the degrees from these NOUNs be considered on the same level as those from conventional ones?

In other news...meanwhile MODs be deleting my FTC (still detest that acronym), be recycling posts from afternoon, be ignoring to put on FP trending news just posted all because of me AJANTALA! Eni koo o mo, eni moo o koo!

I guess them 'a be scared of my 'Alabukun' yell and logo thinking I am here to advertise something on this forum but they got me all wrong dawg! I just be tripping after taking some 'o' that thang! Last time I-an-I check it be illegal to delete comments without reason man!

I am gonna dedicate a whole day to FTC-ing all a-dem posts and me gwan see what y'all do about it brov. Trust me I nail FTC pass Intofart cause me browse from the future!

Meanwhile here goes...vis-a-vis
People like you need to attend NOUN.
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by alexvatt(m): 8:26am On Aug 03, 2015
how much is the school fees?
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by shepherdnoble: 8:46am On Aug 03, 2015
Am a NOUN student. I will graduate next year...Uniben n other top Nigeria universities cannot contest with us. NOUN EBEANO!!!
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by RaphaelOjefo: 9:20am On Aug 03, 2015
FriedPlantain:

you made the mistake....instead of you to fry dodo you go dey boil yam.....mistake bro.....I think you should go back to the kitchen,light the stove,fry those egss at the brockos area,use them to eat that fucking yam......
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Ayocharles(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2015
FriedPlantain:

My blockos is itching me"
like crazy now, I feel like dying,.... . Guys what can I do to stop this.? embarassed

- PUT YOUR SECOND HAND UNDER THE PANT,
- RAP THE BOTH HANDS AROUND THE BLOCKOS
- SQUEEZE VERY HARD UNTIL YOU HEAR A POP SOUND!
- YOU WILL FEEL GOOD!!
- EDIOT....

1 Like

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Ayocharles(m): 10:11am On Aug 03, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
I couldn't help but counter the opinion and not facts of the thread[b] https://www.nairaland.com/2496607/disadvantages-national-open-university-nigeria[/b] that appeared on FP earlier on(Dont know why the op is so pained)I finished from a conventional university and presently pursing an LL.B program in NOUN. Contrary to what the op posted which is quite defamatory, I will like to clearly state here that despite its challenges, NOUN is the best university for those who are ready to WORK & LEARN. University of South Africa(UNISA) is an open university and same applies to many universities in the UK and US.

Here are the advantages of attending NOUN:
1. Her students are not barred from the compulsory NYSC scheme, rather, they are given exemption letters from NYSC since most of her students are either over 30years of age or must have served during his/her 1st degree.

2. B.SC Nursing has been given interim accreditation.

3. NOUN study centers are well equipped unless you are talking about the tutorial centers which are two different things entirely.

4. Less employed?? Nah.... I want to believe that there is hardly any organisation you step into that you won't find a NOUN student. So what employment are you talking about again?

5, Are students of conventional universities paid the stipulated sum after IT? NOUN students don't even need it when they already earn better.

6. Attending lectures is your choice. There are tutorial centers across and the school recently made a law that for you to lecture at the tutorial center, you must have a minimum of Masters so tell me, who are they lecturing?? Monkeys?? Also, the course materials are right there on the website, if you can't get the hard copy from the school, download it and print out. Besides you pay for course registration and not course materials.

7. Destitute, Smokers and Prostitutes?? I was a student of ABSU(A Proud Ikengress) and I think NOUN is far better when it comes to social vices in Higher Institutions.

8. NOUN students are not researchers? There is what we call DIY (Do It Yourself) and NOUN students apply it so well. NOUN supervisors are from conventional universities and what applies there, applies in NOUN too.

9. TMA and exams in year 1&2 are just honeymoon period for her students. I think you should checkout her year3 & above students.

10. Yes, NOUN is
not in the list because it has not been
included in Nigerian University Ranking
YET.

11. Student Union doest exist, yes, but there are associations that represent the interest of each department.

Like someone once said

...you come in as a nobody but graduate as a
somebody.
-probably as a computer illiterate but graduate
with vast knowledge of the computer.
-there is no bribing in the University.
-no short cut to pass.
-there is very low room or zero tolerance for
examination malpractice.
-there is no room for laziness.
-no time to waste.
-no strike to waste our precious life.
-relatively cheap.
-Access to all Federal/ State and cooperate
body scholarship
-no room for awaiting result/statement of
result but graduate and get your certificate/
Degree immediately.
- all courses accredited by NUC (confirmed)
*many frustrated Nigerian students are now
hopeful for higher education.

Your success depends mostly on you, it is
meant for students who can study and read on
their own.
Thank You

WELL OP, IF YOU CALL THAT ADVANTAGES IN THIS GOD-FORSAKEN COUNTRY? YOU ARE RIGHT!!
I HAVE ONE MORE ADVANTAGE.......
THEY ARE SOURCE OF INCOME FOR THE SMART ONES..I JUST COMPLETED MY 7TH PROJECT WITHIN TWO WEEKS FOR SOME OF THEM @ 30K EACH..... AND 2K EACH FOR TMA'S..... BEAT THAT!!!
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Capableben(m): 10:21am On Aug 03, 2015
jamesharryson:

Read well my dear. I took mathematics in the NOUN as a second course but chemical engineering was in FUTO. NOUN don't do engineering there for now.

I shouldn't do pgd if I graduated from futo so I need to do masters but the time is what I don't have now
okay, I get you. So how is the Chemical Engr world?? hope its lovely....#ComingUp
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by CBNIM: 10:27am On Aug 03, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
I couldn't help but counter the opinion and not facts of the thread[b] https://www.nairaland.com/2496607/disadvantages-national-open-university-nigeria[/b] that appeared on FP earlier on(Dont know why the op is so pained)I finished from a conventional university and presently pursing an LL.B program in NOUN.
Why waste your hard earned money plus time pursuing LL.B program in NOUN when you know you won't be called to bar afterall, because LL.B program is not accredited in NOUN for now.

I pity some people sha who waste their time and resources studying in an institution that's not accredited by nuc, because you won't be called to BAR after study. And if you're not called to BAR you can't practice and won't be regarded as or called a lawyer. Unless you're doing the program just for knowledge sake.

S tudy other courses in NOUN but LL.B, Hmmmm, you're on your own ooo! Infact na only you Waka come.
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by jamesolibng: 10:51am On Aug 03, 2015
I vote for noun
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Unisells: 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hello, nice piece, do you write often? And Would you like to share your articles on unisells.com/blog? Contact me
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by sternosa: 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
Have NOUN students been given the opportunity to complete their NYSC Service? Remember, without an NYSC Cert, It's almost impossible to get a well paying job.
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by mrpenn76: 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
am a student of noun. I didn't enroll in noun because i can't make jamb but because after my jamb and utme am not financially balanced. therefore I hv to wrk and learn to make my degree. am a nounite and am happy

GREAT NOUN GREAT STUDENTS

1 Like

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by mrpenn76: 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
am a student of noun. I didn't enroll in noun because i can't make jamb but because after my jamb and utme am not financially balanced. therefore I hv to wrk and learn to make my degree. am a nounite and am happy

GREAT NOUN GREAT STUDENTS grin

1 Like

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by Duru009(m): 12:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
If u are interested noun chat me up/// 08187844713 let's talk
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by SlimBrawnie(f): 1:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
CBNIM:

Why waste your hard earned money plus time pursuing LL.B program in NOUN when you know you won't be called to bar afterall, because LL.B program is not accredited in NOUN for now.

I pity some people sha who waste their time and resources studying in an institution that's not accredited by nuc, because you won't be called to BAR after study. And if you're not called to BAR you can't practice and won't be regarded as or called a lawyer. Unless you're doing the program just for knowledge sake.

S tudy other courses in NOUN but LL.B, Hmmmm, you're on your own ooo! Infact na only you Waka come.
LL.B program is accredited in NoUN by NUC. The only challenge they are having now is between NUC/NOUN and CLE concerning law school which is being resolved and being an insider, I can tell you that resolution of this challenge is at the top phase. Thank you
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by honourableseyi: 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
CBNIM:

When ever we are disseminating information in a forum like this, let's always act and say the fact we know and ask for those ones we don't know. Information is power if it is the right one. For an intellectual to be vituperating wrong information in a forum that is accessible to the world is a dent and disgrace on the person, image,integrity and his or her almamater. Even in this word of ICT where someone can easily go on the web and extract any information you want to know, yet some people are so gullible to the extent that they believe everything anybody told them. That is the level we have found ourselves in this country. Reading has become an "old school" hence we become jack of all trade when it comes to information gathering and dissemination. Can you please explain that "bolded" to us in this forum if indeed you have confirmed that NOUN or Law course is not accredited by NOUN? What is the name of NOUN doing in JAMB brochure and NUC website under the column of Federal Universities if it is not yet accredited? You can confirm that here. http://www.nuc.edu.ng/pages/universities.asp?ty=1&order=inst_name&page=2 . Why do we have NOUN as the 37th best institution on webometric ranking? http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa/Nigeria

Also, http://www.nou.org.ng/accredited-courses-and-programmes-in-national-open-university-of-nigeria/

NUC is not the body in charge of Nigeria Law school but "The council of Legal Education" read more below.
http://www.nigeria-law.org/Legal%20Education.htm. NUC as a body has accredited NOUN's Law course but it is CLE has not which they are already working on. Shalom

1 Like

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by yuscodguy(m): 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
There are lots of things people dont know about National Open University of Nigeria, here are little about it.
1. NOUN gives facilitation instead of full lecture because students are suppose to have read more by themselves so lecturer just come to help them with what they have studied 2months before exams.

2. The issue of NYSC has been worked on which will enable the next graduate to go for NYSC

3. An international institute reputed for ranking universities across the globe, Webometric of Spain, has rated National Open University Of Nigeria, Top 23 University in Nigeria And 193 in Africa.

4. NOUN is recently ranked 37 in the July ranking of universities in Nigeria from campus portal.
here is the link http://campusportalng.com/top-universities-in-nigeria-university-ranking/

5. NOUN students are the best researchers for those who really want to learn. Am a graduate of National Open University of Nigeria which i studied Computer Science. On research gate website, am listed among the best researcher, check this out https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Onayemi_Adewale

Those are the little things you have to know more about National Open University of Nigeria
Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by mrpenn76: 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
noun for life

Re: The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria by CBNIM: 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
SlimBrawnie:

LL.B program is accredited in NoUN by NUC. The only challenge they are having now is between NUC/NOUN and CLE concerning law school which is being resolved and being an insider, I can tell you that resolution of this challenge is at the top phase. Thank you
The crux of the matter remains that upon graduation as far as NOUN and LL.B program are concerned you won't be called to BAR for now and you know what that means! More like a self -acclaimed graduate without a certificate.
Then tell me if it's worth the bargain.

Well, good luck to you, at least you knew from the onset what you were getting into unlike most who doesn't.

yes, they are working assiduously to resolve the ish with CLE, they are on top of the matter, they are at the verge of finalizing the whole matter, blah blah! The truth is, that has been the story for years now and this is 2015 and NOUN is still telling the same story to her students. Now tell me why a sane person (especially fresh students) would prefer to gamble with his /her future and with that which will prolly get them stucked in the middle at the end of the day? Well, their lives their choice.

I only reiterate my stand so that people will beware especially freshers who outta frustration from jamb jump to NOUN for LL.B program without the full knowledge of what they are getting themselves into.

I repeat, for now, study other courses at NOUN? yes, study LLL.B (LAW) at NOUN? Capital NO! do so at your own peril! Unless you only wanna gain knowledge and not necessarily to practice as a lawyer.

N/B: I'm not by any means trying to discredit NOUN or discourage people from seeking admission in the named Institution. I only stated my opinion.

Shalom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arinzechukwu Onwurah Wins Student Union President Election In Sweden / Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case / See List Of Aides Of Students Union President Of Akwa Ibom State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.