Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,380 members, 7,815,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP (1367 Views)

Buhari’s Economic Reforms Are Bold – Obama / "My Agenda Is Simple; My Vision Is Clear" — Ize Iyamu / Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has accused President
Muhammadu Buhari of foisting an archaic, communist
agenda on the country.

The party was reacting to reports of restrictions on
domiciliary accounts by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
It said the Buhari government had failed to draw up a clear
economic blueprint for the country, hence the confusion in
the system.

“The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) wishes to bring to the
notice of President Muhammadu Buhari that the apparent
absence of an economic team in the third month of his
administration is leading the country into economic
quagmire and doldrums,” the PDP said in a statement on
Sunday.

“In the past, we had given examples of the devastating
effect of lack of an economic team and a clear-cut fiscal
policy by this administration as evidenced in the lull and
painful decline in the stock market, spiral rate of inflation,
the disastrous outing of the government team in bilateral
talks during the recent visit to the United States of America
and the shambolic state of our economy at present.

“This confusion has been extended to operations and
regulations of the foreign exchange transactions in Nigeria,
wherein the government is making it impossible for honest
Nigerians to engage in free trade and regulate their personal
activities as guaranteed by the constitution, and this is
clearly an agenda to illegally impose a communist economic
regime on Nigerians.

“In a desperate attempt to create a semblance of movement
out of the clearly motionless and stoic state of affairs of this
government, they have reeled out bans and complete
clampdown on free trade. One begins to wonder therefore
whether we are not heading back to the era of import duty
licenses and regulation of commodity prices.

“The most disturbing aspect of this communist economic
agenda is the illegal and unlawful attempt to repeal the
provisions of the Foreign Exchange Monitoring And
Miscellaneous Provisions Act, otherwise known as Decree
No 17 of 1995 and replace it with unilateral imposition of
new regulations.

“This Act remains the subsisting law regulating the
operations of domiciliary accounts in Nigeria and by its
provisions therefore, Nigerians are empowered to freely
open and operate domiciliary accounts. As such, any
enactment and or regulation inconsistent with the provisions
of this Act are deemed void. Thus, the recent foreign
exchange transaction restrictions by this government are
illegal, unlawful and void. Besides the provisions of the law,
the PDP declares this administration’s archaic communist
economic agenda as unworkable and unsustainable.

“Finally, we wish to remind Mr President that this is 2015
and not 1984; we remind him that trade and import
restrictions are archaic and outdated; and we remind him
that we are practising a proper democracy and not the
dictatorship of the politburo under a communist regime.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-ruling-archaic-economic-agenda-says-pdp

cc: lalasticlala obinoscopy

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by PassingShot(m): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
Wonders shall never end. How can a party that failed woefully at managing our economy in the sixteen years it ruled want to advise APC on how to clear the mess they created?

PDP - the party that brought pains, sorrows and sufferings on Nigerians for sixteen years with their brand of paddy paddy economy is talking of archaic and outdated policies! Wow! This party is a useless party in every sense of the word "useless".

How is trade and import restrictions archaic and outdated when many developed and developing nations still engage in it to protect their economy?

How is restriction on domiciliary accounts a bad thing in attempting to stabilize the local currency?

Metuh/PDP are not to be taken serious for a second. They have lost it completely.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by Demmocrats(m): 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
Cake?

Is cake not better that biscuit?

Abeg...leave the economic policy like that...whether acake or abread, we go chop am rushrush....

What we want is change....change from a corrupt regime to a working system....
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by TheFreeOne: 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
Though free trade is good but banning what we can produce here is not archaic nor is it clampdown cos it will help the economy on the long run.

Or am I missing something in that write-up or is it just some concoction angry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
U don't expect any good policy from an old illiterate demented fellow whose brain still runs on Windows '84.
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by bogs4real: 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
archaic PMB is better than ten thousand PDP....his integrity speaks for him, the masses speak for him

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by PassingShot(m): 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
TheFreeOne:
Though free trade is good but banning what we can produce here is not archaic nor is it clampdown cos it will help the economy on the long run.

Or am I missing something in that write-up or is it just some concoction angry
PDP's strategy is to make noise, whether it makes sense or not, at every step and action of the APC led government thinking that such idiotic strategy will make them remain relevant. They will however soon learn that they're mistaken by the time many of their looters find their way to jail.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by abduljabbar4(m): 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
Pdp is making too much noise nowadays.
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 8:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
PassingShot:
Wonders shall never end. How can a party that failed woefully at managing our economy in the sixteen years it ruled want to advise APC on how to clear the mess they created?

PDP - the party that brought pains, sorrows and sufferings on Nigerians for sixteen years with their brand of paddy paddy economy is talking of archaic and outdated policies! Wow! This party is a useless party in every sense of the word "useless".

How is trade and import restrictions archaic and outdated when many developed and developing nations still engage in it to protect their economy?

How is restriction on domiciliary accounts a bad thing in attempting to stabilize the local currency?

Metuh/PDP are not to be taken serious for a second. They have lost it completely.
If failure is making An economy the largest in Africa ahead of south Africa then I eagerly await what APC has to offer in the next four years.
PLEASE LET IT NOT BE EXCUSES.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by joseph1832(m): 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
PassingShot:

In the words of Fela, "Dem bring sorrow tears and blood, dem regular trade mark".

I thank God I'm not superhuman otherwise, I would have flogged some PDP members:

GEJ will get 36 strokes
Mama Piss will get 42 strokes
FFK will wash my plates so he can eat the crumbs left on the plate because that's what he is good at doing.
Metuh will get 12 strokes
Diezani will get 50 strokes
Ngozi will get 6 strokes
And OBJ will be horse whip, 100 whips!

OBJ is the one that put us in all this mess in the first place by anointing GEJ Yar'Adua's successor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by sammyj: 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
The wailers usual rant. I wonder what yours did to effect the life of the masses after 16 years!!! shocked
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by mikolo80: 2:52am On Aug 03, 2015
Editor1:
U don't expect any good policy from an old illiterate demented fellow whose brain still runs on Windows '84.

windows 84 does not crash and is simple and straight forward
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by mikolo80: 2:57am On Aug 03, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
If failure is making An economy the largest in Africa ahead of south Africa then I eagerly await what APC has to offer in the next four years.
PLEASE LET IT NOT BE EXCUSES.
Hahahahahaha did you Just say pdp 'made' our econom
how
in what universe
o dreamland
we were rebased
you and yours did not do shitt
Singapore Malaysia and South Korea made their countries economies you guys wrecked it
you incompetent thieves
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by vicadex07(m): 5:56am On Aug 03, 2015
Because PMB has put stern regulations to control the abuse of the forex window which was only favouring them and other PDP sympathizers, they are now crying wolf. What benefit did the forex window do to Nigerias economy under GEJ other than to enrich the cabals. I'm sure Metuh is now crying because dollar is no longer available to him to gallivant with or maybe he's doing so on behalf of his cohorts. Yeye dey smell
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by mrvitalis(m): 6:30am On Aug 03, 2015
PDP it is still not too late to take that lei Muhammad offer for opposition training undecided undecided
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by kennyman2000(m): 6:34am On Aug 03, 2015
Lol... Wondering why every buhari policy isnt favouring PDP... But, APC wasnt complaining of any jonathan policy during his tenure naaaaw...

I think, PDP should learn to to mind their business from APC..
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by isbish(m): 6:48am On Aug 03, 2015
UPNC for Buhari. Protecting the president since 1800 against bad loosers and wailers. They always complain. 16yrs, ona no fix our economy...after two months ona don dey talk trash about others.
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 7:23am On Aug 03, 2015
mikolo80:
Hahahahahaha did you Just say pdp 'made' our econom
how
in what universe
o dreamland
we were rebased
you and yours did not do shitt
Singapore Malaysia and South Korea made their countries economies you guys wrecked it
you incompetent thieves
Neither me nor any of my family member had ever been into partisan politics.
One funny thing about APC is that once you are not with them in any issue then you are a PDP member but they forgot they got just 15 million votes our of a country of over 150 million people.
it seems APC is getting over excited and losing concentration on the real issues

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by mikolo80: 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
Neither me nor any of my family member had ever been into partisan politics.
One funny thing about APC is that once you are not with them in any issue then you are a PDP member but they forgot they got just 15 million votes our of a country of over 150 million people.
it seems APC is getting over excited and losing concentration on the real issues
since you abdicated your responsibility you have no say in the matter. next time get off the fence like a man and stop hiding behind your wife children or parents. I don't like apc but I hate/fear pdp more. I also believe in only buhari not tinubu. but I am realistic that we needed a bad man to Take down some worse men. not a naive idealist waiting for Messiah to drop from heaven. we simply play them off each other the way they have been playing us for millennia. so we just see the 40 milliom who didn't vote as wastes of oxygen
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
mikolo80:
since you abdicated your responsibility you have no say in the matter. next time get off the fence like a man and stop hiding behind your wife children or parents. I don't like apc but I hate/fear pdp more. I also believe in only buhari not tinubu. but I am realistic that we needed a bad man to Take down some worse men. not a naive idealist waiting for Messiah to drop from heaven. we simply play them off each other the way they have been playing us for millennia. so we just see the 40 milliom who didn't vote as wastes of oxygen
I would rather vote Tinubu than a man so behind in recent trends that he refers to Germany as west Germany.
Listen Nations are changed by ideas not propaganda
Only a fool does the same thing over and over again while expecting different results.
Please sir what is Buhari's agenda for education?
Do you know that if he spends half the time he spends on masturbating on Jonathan's failures, on planning and executing an effective educational policy, Nigeria will be far better off.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by mikolo80: 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:

I would rather vote Tinubu than a man so behind in recent trends that he refers to Germany as west Germany.
Listen Nations are changed by ideas not propaganda
Only a fool does the same thing over and over again while expecting different results.
Please sir what is Buhari's agenda for education?
Do you know that if he spends half the time he spends on masturbating on Jonathan's failures, on planning and executing an effective educational policy, Nigeria will be far better off.
Pls give me example of educational policy that will leave Nigeria better off
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
mikolo80:
Pls give me example of educational policy that will leave Nigeria better off
your question is not along our line of argument.
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by mikolo80: 3:17pm On Aug 03, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
you're the one that mentioned education. Pls answer qsn.otherwise hold your peace I don't argue for fun but to learn or teach.
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by BushidoBlue(m): 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
mikolo80:
windows 84 does not crash and is simple and straight forward

Then why is the Windows 84 taking so long to boot? Abi virus don enter am? Besides e too dey hang and e dey repeat figures measuring up to billions and e dey also repeat the word "corruption, corrupted files present" without stopping any looters or virus....... make e work well na im we want.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by BushidoBlue(m): 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
You have floored his argument multiple times. Simply ignore him.
Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
When will this sycophancy and hero worshiping end as we all are in for an uncertain future.

From the article three things can be deduced.

1. There is a subsisting law on domiciliary account. Provisions of the Foreign Exchange Monitoring And Miscellaneous Provisions Act, otherwise known as Decree No 17 of 1995

“This Act remains the subsisting law regulating the operations of domiciliary accounts in Nigeria and by its provisions therefore, Nigerians are empowered to freely open and operate domiciliary accounts. As such, any enactment and or regulation inconsistent with the provisions of this Act are deemed void.

2. An advice to Mr President, as a matter of urgency to assemble a team of Economic experts as to help him draw a blueprint for the country.

3. The ban on issuance of Foreign Exchange for importation of certain commodities that are not on the prohibition list. It's either the President ban those commodities or give foreign change for their imports - he should choose one and stop playing in-between the lines.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the above submissions.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP by mikolo80: 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
BushidoBlue:

Then why is the Windows 84 taking so long to boot? Abi virus don enter am? Besides e too dey hang and e dey repeat figures measuring up to billions and e dey also repeat the word "corruption, corrupted files present" without stopping any looters or virus....... make e work well na im we want.
but when e boot finish e go tanda gidigba ,no crashing. the kwarrufshin kwarrufshin na post error. e de check disk

(1) (Reply)

Fatwa' Allows Hallucinogenic Drugs For Sex With Ugly Wife / Governor Udom Emmanuel Lays Stone For AIT In Akwa Ibom (pics) / Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.