Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? (3065 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Asking For Referendum Is Just A Pretext, It's Agenda Is To Kill Nig / A Soldier Who Helped To Capture Camp Zero, Boko Haram's Converge Point (Pics) / Boko Haram Threatens To Capture Buhari In New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by nduchucks: 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
There has been confusion as to whether the Ooni of Ife is dead or alive.

The Ooni was flown abroad for an undisclosed treatment when he reportedly went into comma and was essentially declared brain dead abroad. Sources reveal that he is technically still alive and on life support. The life support system will be removed when he is returned to Nigeria after which his death will be announced by the Isoro traditional chiefs. Rumours abound but I have confidence in my own sources.

Be that as it may, it is no secret that rites of passage for any late Ooni of Ife, traditionally involve human sacrifice. If anyone expects these chiefs to break with 100+ year old tradition, then that person must be naïve.

As a full blooded proud Nigerian Citizen, I call upon the authorities to keep a watchful eye on the ongoing Oro festival in Ife. There is a real fear that this festival will be used to capture people for the said human sacrifice.

I'll go even further to call upon the authorities to ban this Oro celebration with immediate effect. This celebration is usually observed by Oro cult members during which people, particularly women are required to stay indoors. The restriction of free movement of any Nigerian is a violation of the constitutional rights of such Nigerians.

Cult members who decide to practice some illegal ritual and hence break our laws should be arrested immediately. I also call on security agents to inspect the casket of the Ooni before burial to ensure that the chiefs have not murdered any Nigerian because of some archaic tradition.

[url=lalasticlala.ishilove]Nduka[/url]

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by glamourroudy(m): 10:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
Okay......do u av an evidence(s) to support ur claim?
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by Sunofgod(m): 10:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nobody will die . . .

[img]http://media0./media/141xGebUNJWiGI/200w.gif[/img]
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by tpiander: 10:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
Isn't that the same thing they said about Ojukwu?
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by nduchucks: 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
glamourroudy:
Okay......do u av an evidence(s) to support ur claim?

Evidence to support which particular claim?
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by chris4gold(m): 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
ooni never die ke?
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
I hate fetish traditions, its nonsense. How will d so-called oba make heaven wif all dis atrocities dey re committing in proxy. He's dead and oba of "eko" shld be ready, cos his turn is close at hand

4 Likes

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by sweetgala(m): 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
nduchucks:

The Ooni was flown abroad for an undisclosed treatment when he reportedly went into comma and was essentially declared brain dead abroad. Sources reveal that he is technically still alive and on life support. The life support system will be removed when he is returned to Nigeria after which his death will be announced by the Isoro traditional chiefs. Rumours abound but I have confidence in my own sources.

Be that as it may, it is no secret that rites of passage for any late Ooni of Ife, traditionally involve human sacrifice. If anyone expects these chiefs to break with 100+ year old tradition, then that person must be naïve.

As a full blooded proud Nigerian Citizen, I call upon the authorities to keep a watchful eye on the ongoing Oro festival in Ife. There is a real fear that this festival will be used to capture people for the said human sacrifice.

I'll go even further to call upon the authorities to ban this Oro celebration with immediate effect. This celebration is usually observed by Oro cult members during which people, particularly women are required to stay indoors. The restriction of free movement of any Nigerian is a violation of the constitutional rights of such Nigerians.

Cult members who decide to practice some illegal ritual and hence break our laws should be arrested immediately. I also call on security agents to inspect the casket of the Ooni before burial to ensure that the chiefs have not murdered any Nigerian because of some archaic tradition.

During the oro festival individuals are advised before hand to stay home if they have no business with the precession, it only takes place at certain hours in the evening and midnight. Humans are not captured for sacrifice but rather individuals might die of mysterious causes upon sighting the heavily jazzed up cultists
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by glamourroudy(m): 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
nduchucks:

Evidence to support which particular claim?
human sacrifice?
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by nduchucks: 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
sweetgala:

During the oro festival individuals are advised before hand to stay home if they have no business with the precession, it only takes place at certain hours in the evening and midnight. Humans are not captured for sacrifice but rather individuals might die of mysterious causes upon sighting the heavily jazzed up cultists

Yep. Any such cult activity which impedes the constitutional rights of Nigerian citizens to free movement and assembly at any time they choose is illegal, hence I am calling for the authorities to outlaw this archaic act and arrest its organizers if they continue to break our laws.

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by nduchucks: 10:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
glamourroudy:
human sacrifice?

The only way to be sure is to examine the casket before burial.
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by oderemo(m): 11:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
nduchucks:

The only way to be sure I to examine the casket before burial.
Pls be highly in formed before coming on line no oba is buried in a casket, that is a fact.

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by omowolewa: 11:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
Thing has changed o! That part has been replaced with 7 head of cow.

If you're not satisfied you can Investigate, maybe tonight. Abi, you want my brother in NPF to go on investigation for you?!

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by nduchucks: 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
oderemo:

Pls be highly in formed before coming on line no oba is buried in a casket, that is a fact.

Thanks; then the authorities must inspect the contents of the burial artifacts. The point is that, human sacrifice must not be allowed.

In the olden days, human sacrifice was observed when an Ooni departs. Ife elders are on record that when Oba Sijuade ascended the throne, he declared that instead of human beings, rams should be used. We want to see this ram. If humans are used instead, the chiefs should be jailed. Period.

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
The SW has committed too much sin against GOD.

Sept. 13, 2015 marks the begining of the Sabbastical year.

God's wrath will visit Odua

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
omowolewa:

If you're not satisfied you can Investigate, maybe tonight. Abi, you want my brother in NPF to go on investigation for you?!

Liar.

Your people are diabolical and evil.

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by oderemo(m): 11:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
nduchucks:

Thanks; then the authorities must inspect the contents of the burial artifacts. The point is that, human sacrifice must not be allowed.

In the olden days, human sacrifice was observed when an Ooni departs. Ife elders are on record that when Oba Sijuade ascended the throne, he declared that instead of human beings, rams should be used. We want to see this ram. If humans are used instead, the chiefs should be jailed. Period.
I totally abhor this unnecessary human sacrifice its nonsense to say the least but problem is those that r highly placed in our society even govt. Secretly give approval to this barbaric act.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by oderemo(m): 11:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
omowolewa:

Abeg leave matter for Mathias jare , more like 7 human cows.
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
Oduastan, it has been ordained in heaven that for 777yrs you shall enter slavery.

Your evil stench has reached heaven and your sins have condemned you.

You will not know peace until you repent of your heathen diabolical and jealous ways.

GOD most high has ordained that you enter slavery for a hundred and eleven sabbats.

Repent!

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by ibedun: 11:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
Our tradition stays. IMO Igbo and omo ale Yoruba discussing nonsense. Our tradition must be observed in full.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by ibedun: 11:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
PvtParts:
Oduastan, it has been ordained in heaven that for 777yrs you shall enter slavery.

Your evil stench has reached heaven and your sins have condemned you.

You will not know peace until you repent of your heathen diabolical and jealous ways.

GOD most high has ordained that you enter slavery for a hundred and eleven sabbats.

Repent!

I was going to respond but your sky daddy god doesn't exist so I won't.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by omowolewa: 11:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
Who dey lie?
Which people are you talking about. You are here spreading rumors and am telling you the reality, you still don't believe. The next thing is to present your evidence.

Goodluck to you as you journey down Ile-Ife street tonight. Guess you're a student?
PvtParts:

Liar.

Your people are diabolical and evil.
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
Who doesn't know that the bastards are only looking for Guinea Pigs to be slaughtered & buried with that corrupt Oba.

Afterall, he was a despicable king with penchant for bribery & treachery especially during the IBB & Abacha regime, to the detriment of his people.

I hope the $250,000 he collected from Jonathan was judiciously utilized to fund his treatment in London - Traitor!

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by change49ja: 11:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I hate fetish traditions, its nonsense. How will d so-called oba make heaven wif all dis atrocities dey re committing in proxy. He's dead and oba of "eko" shld be ready, cos his turn is close at hand

Are you putting yourself in God's place by deciding who dies next?
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by oderemo(m): 11:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
ibedun:
Our tradition stays. IMO Igbo and omo ale Yoruba discussing nonsense. Our tradition must be observed in full.
@ibedun pls be cautious in your approach to life /tradition. There are area of our tradition that need to move to the 21 century, if I can remember my history well we used to have the BOBAKUS, what happens to that part of our tradition? This NIMBY/selective approach is OK abi? In as much as its not your head/ family to be sacrificed abi? I hear u jare.
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by tpiander: 3:00am On Aug 03, 2015
nduchucks:

. . . . . .

um, who are you?
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:01am On Aug 03, 2015
nduchucks:

Why is Nduka scared of these rituals? I'll tell you why.

In the tradition of divining for a human sacrifice that will be buried with the dead king, the head of a foreigner or non-native is preferred. The preferred stock has to come from a land East of Ife. Since after Kiriji and thr Yorubas formed a new alliance under a political commonwealth, no Yoruba of any stock is acceptable for the divine sacrifice and a non-Yoruba East of Ife ..or Yorubaland must be presented for the journey.

Ibos fit well for this divine call to serve as slaves to assist the errands of the Ooni in the hereafter.

This knowledge is what has unsettled Nduka and got him edgy.

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:58am On Aug 03, 2015
To those invoking the constitution and saying it is unconstitutional to bar women or restrict them from coming out at certain hours. I say make Edumare punish you all.

When GEJ declare state of emergency and curfew was imposed barring people from.coming out certain hours of the night in Lagos during the fuel subsidy riots why did you forget to invoke the constitution?

Crazy mofos!

In America football is a cult.....from elementary school to professional level and its a right reserved for male gender only....women participation is not allowed, why doesn't the American society rebel, afterall women liberation movement is a strong force in their society.

Why hasn't the British deregulate their rugby cult and bring their girls to start rushing and tackling head first into obstacles? Na Sango go strike all of una and the yeye constitution.

In Yorubaland only one constitution is recognized...the Ogboni constitution. Any rebel risk becoming a divine sacrifice to accompany Ooni on this ancestral journey.

Let me hear HA from you monkees one.more time!
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 03, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
To those invoking the constitution and saying it is unconstitutional to bar women or restrict them from coming out at certain hours. I say make Edumare punish you all.

When GEJ declare state of emergency and curfew was imposed barring people from.coming out certain hours of the night in Lagos during the fuel subsidy riots why did you forget to invoke the constitution?

Crazy mofos!

In America football is a cult.....from elementary school to professional level and its a right reserved for male gender only....women participation is not allowed, why doesn't the American society rebel, afterall women liberation movement is a strong force in their society.

Why hasn't the British deregulate their rugby cult and bring their girls to start rushing and tackling head first into obstacles? Na Sango go strike all of una and the yeye constitution.

In Yorubaland only one constitution is recognized...the Ogboni constitution. Any rebel risk becoming a divine sacrifice to accompany Ooni on this ancestral journey.

Let me hear HA from you monkees one.more time!

You've made NO sense in all these you wrote.
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:35am On Aug 03, 2015
himkers:

You've made NO sense in all these you wrote.

The best judge of whether i make sense or not is a live test. Relocate the women in your household to Ife and on the night Oro comes out tell your womenfolk to disregard the warning and stay out late anyway.
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 03, 2015
Hmm, this punitive parts of African culture are more of setbacks than heritage.
Re: Ongoing Oro Festival In Ife, Pretext To Capture Victims For Human Sacrifice? by nduchucks: 7:50am On Aug 03, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Why is Nduka scared of these rituals? I'll tell you why.

In the tradition of divining for a human sacrifice that will be buried with the dead king, the head of a foreigner or non-native is preferred. The preferred stock has to come from a land East of Ife. Since after Kiriji and thr Yorubas formed a new alliance under a political commonwealth, no Yoruba of any stock is acceptable for the divine sacrifice and a non-Yoruba East of Ife ..or Yorubaland must be presented for the journey.

Ibos fit well for this divine call to serve as slaves to assist the errands of the Ooni in the hereafter.

This knowledge is what has unsettled Nduka and got him edgy.

lwkmd.

Oga, I opened this thread as a concerned Nigerian as opposed to an individual from the East, North, or South. The life of every Nigerian matters and your rituals which threaten it should be banned ASAP.

I call upon the authorities to demand an inspection of the burial artifacts and jail the Chiefs if the head of anyone, black or white for that matter, is found therein.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Will Run For Chairman Of Ikeja LG On @KOWA_NGR 's Platform / Who Is More Popular Between Kanu And Buhari / US Has Exposed Buhari's In Calling IPOB A Terrorist Group (video) - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.