Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,370 members, 7,861,021 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:13 PM

10 Ways To Reduce Hair Loss Or Breakage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Ways To Reduce Hair Loss Or Breakage (1609 Views)

How To Reduce Your Prepaid Meter Credit Consumption / 10 Ways To Get Your Crush/friend To Trust You And Eventually Agree To You / Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To Reduce Hair Loss Or Breakage by theomeka: 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
We’ve all dealt with at one time or another. Breakage happens…

Although it’s nearly impossible to completely eliminate breakage there are some preventative measures that you can take.

Breaking Behavior

There are 3 common types of breakage: mechanical/manual (breakage from combing or manipulating hair), physical (breakage caused by heat appliances or physical elements such as winter air), and chemical (breakage caused by chemical treatments such as relaxers, Brazilian blow outs, or Kertain Treatments.

What’s important to remember is anything in excess can potential damage and break hair. But if you notice more breakage or any hair loss, assess your routine and eliminate the hair breaking behavior.

2. Learn the Best Ways to Handle Your Hair
As my hair gets longer, I have to make gradual changes to care for my hair. That means preventing breakage by sometimes pre-pooing (pre-shampoo treatment) with coconut oil, using olive & coconut oil for an oil rinse, and shampooing my hair in twists or plaits. Experiment with extra measures to minimize breakage in your hair.

3. Deep Condition Regularly
I deep condition my hair almost weekly to add an extra boost of moisture and breakage prevention. After deep conditioning you will notice less breakage and shedding.

4. Detangle Damp Hair Not Wet Hair
Hair is its most fragile when wet. If you have highly textured hair that tangles easily, its best to lightly mist hair and detangle with a wide tooth comb before shampooing. Shampooing in plaits or jumbo twists also prevents tangles and breakage.

5. Trim Those Dead Ends
I know if seems counterproductive when you’re trying to grow your hair. But removing split ends is the only way to prevent further damage on other parts of the same hair strand where split ends are present. Whether you “search and destroy”, “dust”, or allow a professional stylist to trim your hair, it will help keep it in optimal shape and decrease breakage.

6. Choose The Best Detangling Tool
There are tons of detangling tools and some are better than others when it comes to detangling with little or no damage at all.

7. Moisturize Your Hair As Needed
Hair needs the perfect balance of moisture and protein to remain healthy or breakage. Hydrated hair is not easily broken. If you notice popping of hair strands, that’s a good sign that moisture is needed.

Source: http://tradot.com/blog/post?BrightMekaBlog_10-Ways-to-reduce-hair-loss-or-Breakage-From-Happening-d4b9

Re: 10 Ways To Reduce Hair Loss Or Breakage by glamourroudy(m): 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
I've gat good hair cheesy
Re: 10 Ways To Reduce Hair Loss Or Breakage by countsection: 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
no need to observe all this rules since people wit bald head ar always rich or don't u want to be rich

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Reduce Hair Loss Or Breakage by theomeka: 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
countsection:
no need to observe all this rules since people wit bald head ar always rich or don't u want to be rich
grin
Re: 10 Ways To Reduce Hair Loss Or Breakage by CEtoO(f): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
countsection:
make woman like me get bald hair?
Re: 10 Ways To Reduce Hair Loss Or Breakage by countsection: 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
CEtoO:

make woman like me get bald hair?
. heard dat Oprah Winfrey is bad and she is d richest black woman
Re: 10 Ways To Reduce Hair Loss Or Breakage by theomeka: 5:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
smiley

(1) (Reply)

If Your Ex Boyfriend Came To Visit You When Ur Husband Travelled, But You Lodged / The Problems Associated With Shovelling Snow / NEW!!! Cosmetics And Skin Care Products That Works (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.