Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,535 members, 7,837,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy (31532 Views)

Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring / Makarfi-led PDP Kick-starts Move To Form New Political Alliance / Muslims Kick Against Christian/Christian Ticket In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by shepherdnoble: 1:51pm On Aug 03, 2015
donholy28:
PDP been kicking and doing evil since time immemorial
This is not about only PDP, d issue is hitting business men...ll he impose a blockade on domicillary operations cos of pdp n frustrate genuine business men.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Papishi(m): 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
This is yielding results already Dollar is now 198 Naira. PDP should go and wail as normal.

http://www.exchangerate.com/currency-converter/USD/NGN/1.00/?XR-200Plus_Converter=convert&calc_short_from_iso=239&calc_short_to_iso=171
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by princess899: 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
All of you supporting this new policy are mumus..well sha I no go blame una jobless ass.coz una just sit down for house dey talk rubbish. ..I am an importer..have lossed close to 500k coz of dis rubbish policy. .if I see buhari or abi na cbn governor ...#mouthsealed
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Papishi(m): 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
princess899:
All of you supporting this new policy are mumus..well sha I no go blame una jobless ass.coz una just sit down for house dey talk rubbish. ..I am an importer..have lossed close to 500k coz of dis rubbish policy. .if I see buhari or abi na cbn governor ...#mouthsealed

They are coming out little by little #wailingwailers lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by 989900: 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
sunnyeinstein:

Bros, dis policy is d 1st step in dat and so many oda good directions.
I think we all knw dat banks and bureu de changes are partners in crime. They both rip us off our naira while arm-twistin dollars frm us so dat they can use in forex speculation to have more naira profits wc they use in enjoying their lives.
If cbn closes all these illegal channels and monitors whia and who is buyin dollar and hw much it was exchanged (enter bvn) they'd be able to call d banks to order to sell d dollar at just above d cbn rate because beliv it or not, banks must make a profit!

No doubt.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by gbishman: 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
This PDP who told them its the presidents duty to pass such laws, that is the job of the CBN and regulatory bodies. Una dey find where una go put una loot abi, una yansh don open. Make we see how una go take they carry ghana must go filled with naira go bank now. Bastard people/Ole buruku. This PDP almost finished this country thank God for deliverance

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Papishi(m): 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
gbishman:
This PDP who told them its the presidents duty to pass such laws, that is the job of the CBN and regulatory bodies. Una dey find where una go put una loot abi, una yansh don open. Make we see how una go take they carry ghana must go filled with naira go bank now. Bastard people/Ole buruku. This PDP almost finished this country thank God for deliverance

Bros you dey vex o cheesy grin
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by 989900: 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
princess899:

You care to explain, maybe we can point you in the right directions.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by aadoiza: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
Best policy since babangida's despotism.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by obichiekweibe59: 5:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
It is good news to hear that the banks are rejecting foreign cash deposits as a protest against a new policy.
I taught the CBN said so.
Now we can hopefully wait for things to improve, then i can do my transaction which has been pending since last week.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Fourwinds: 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
agabusta:
Why is the PDP kicking the air like an angry frustrated He-goat over a policy meant to protect the naira?? Is it because you are stuck with your stashed dollars??

The game is up! All the cash u guys looted is trapped now in your vaults at home. All of you have no option than to take it to the parallel market to change. This will go a long way in stabilising the naira and making it stronger in the parallel market.

You may decide to leave it at home and do a gamble on who will get the dollars first btw:

- dare devil robbers, who can sniff dollars from miles away.

- Police, DSS and EFCC who has been given renewed vigour by PMB and eager to please him by looking for any opportunity to catch anyone catchable. grin

-wayward children, who will steal it to live a high life that may cause their death.

- evil domestic staff, who are ready to behead and strangle anyone even if it's just for one $100 bill

If u guys try anything funny by trying to smuggle the cash out; woe betide anyone Buhari catches. By then, I hope their silly supporters on nairaland will not come and cry 'witch-hunt'

Now it seems i'm beginning to like Emefiele.
woow.!!! u just bursted d PDP FVCK UP A..SSES. their BLOCUS is well tightened now

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Fourwinds: 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
princess899:
ur blocus is well tight now. no worry we know those who have destroyed dis country
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by tunergy(m): 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
sunkoye:
Moment wen one big boy/man sprays u dollars for party and you u be like" bros....spray me naira too na" cheesy

Day Dreaming
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by dokunbam(m): 5:11am On Aug 04, 2015
989900:
Temporary Suspension of Foreign Currency Cash Deposits

Please be informed that due to the unavailability of outlets for managing foreign currency cash deposits, we have found it necessary to temporarily suspend receipts of foreign currency cash deposits into domiciliary accounts at all our branches nationwide from Monday, 3rd of August 2015.

In addition, foreign currency cash deposits into domiciliary accounts made prior to this notice will not be eligible for outward electronic transfer and can only be withdrawn as cash.

Please note that this temporary measure, does not affect electronic transfer of funds into or from your domiciliary accounts and, you will continue to have access to foreign currency cash withdrawals from your account.

Whilst we have had to take this step to temporarily suspend foreign currency cash deposits, we would like to assure you that we are working hard at finding alternative outlets and a quick solution to this situation.

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might cause.

Thank you for banking with us.
GTBank.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by donbenie(m): 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
Dbboy:

How did buhari put it, don't get me wrong I love the policy but last time I checked CBN is an independent organ of govt, kudos should rather be given to emefele the CBN gov not buhari that isn't even aware of what is happening to the economy as a result of his sluggishness in choosing minister.
With all due respect,CBN might be an independent body but it's only a NAIVE person that will not appreciate the importance of the correct enabling environment for such policies to take effect,we should learn to give honor to those deserving of it or do you think under the same PDP that's attacking it,such would have taken place..
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Dbboy(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
donbenie:
With all due respect,CBN might be an independent body but it's only a NAIVE person that will not appreciate the importance of the correct enabling environment for such policies to take effect,we should learn to give honor to those deserving of it or do you think under the same PDP that's attacking it,such would have taken place..

and such honor should go to emefele the CBN governor. i thought you all said nothing good could come from GEJ but it was him that employed EMEFELE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo Slams Arewa Youths For Ordering Igbos Out Of North / Anambra: Soludo Dedicates Victory To Policemen Killed During Town Hall Meeting / Even The Person In The Other Room Cant Get Ideas Into Buhari's Head- Sheikh Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.