Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy (31534 Views)

Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring / Makarfi-led PDP Kick-starts Move To Form New Political Alliance / Muslims Kick Against Christian/Christian Ticket In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by djcliff(m): 8:17am On Aug 03, 2015
Baba continue. Pdp in trouble.

3 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by BigBen10: 8:17am On Aug 03, 2015
jamesharryson:

U did talked trash my dear

okay you that didn't talk trash how did you contribute to the discuss? You never said anything about the policy mind you. Have a nice day boy.

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by alt3r3g0: 8:19am On Aug 03, 2015
barcanista:
What kiind of archaic method is Buhari employing? Haha this is crazy

So what do you suggest as you seem to have all the answers?

8 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by menxer: 8:20am On Aug 03, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Later they would come and be mocking the exchange rate conversion btw a dollar and naira..now something concrete is about to be done..they are kicking against it..
PDP would mistakenly KICK the BUCKET very soon..if they continue with their 'blind' kicking against everything in this admin

whoever that kicks against any policy that is meant to move Nigerians, not just the cabal, forward may as well kick a land mine. grin

8 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by nduchucks: 8:21am On Aug 03, 2015
This is a great development given that our currency of record is the Naira. Members of the public who have dollars to deposit should follow the process and show the legitimate source of the dollars.

The days of open money laundering with impunity are over. While I have some dollars stashed away for speculative purposes, I am willing to give up some profit for the greater good. It is the patriotic thing to do.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:23am On Aug 03, 2015
ydass:
Going too far with this money laundry policy don't forget there are genuine Nigerian business persons who needs DOM acct. for their business.

I think the government should rather focus attention on creating identity for every Nigerian to enable traceability of any money laundry act.

Bros, DOM accounts can still function, they all are just being hypocrites. What the CBN simply wants them to do is to deposit the naira and they(cbn) will convert it to dollar at official rate for them and they can use it, not go and bring the dollar u hv stolen to pollute the Nigerian market.

It is a shame that the elite takes joy in demoralising us and our currency. They stack dollars to the 100thousands and millions, do not buy the naira, speculate the naira and start dealing in dollars. Flooding the market wit dollars means cbn'll have to buy evry excess dollar to keep the economy from collapsing (just like in fuel subsidy). This way, the thieves can spend their loots without touching their normal naira. CBN is only doing what it should have been doing since time immemorial: [size=16pt]monitor how the dollar floods the market, not pack the dollars that floods the market[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by 989900: 8:26am On Aug 03, 2015
Temporary Suspension of Foreign Currency Cash Deposits

Please be informed that due to the unavailability of outlets for managing foreign currency cash deposits, we have found it necessary to temporarily suspend receipts of foreign currency cash deposits into domiciliary accounts at all our branches nationwide from Monday, 3rd of August 2015.

In addition, foreign currency cash deposits into domiciliary accounts made prior to this notice will not be eligible for outward electronic transfer and can only be withdrawn as cash.

Please note that this temporary measure, does not affect electronic transfer of funds into or from your domiciliary accounts and, you will continue to have access to foreign currency cash withdrawals from your account.

Whilst we have had to take this step to temporarily suspend foreign currency cash deposits, we would like to assure you that we are working hard at finding alternative outlets and a quick solution to this situation.

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might cause.

Thank you for banking with us.
GTBank.

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2015
ydass:
Going too far with this money laundry policy don't forget there are genuine Nigerian business persons who needs DOM acct. for their business.

I think the government should rather focus attention on creating identity for every Nigerian to enable traceability of any money laundry act.

why do you need a do account to do foreign transactions when banking is universal, you can conduct transactions with any country in the world , you dont need to have their currency to do this.

Dont you know that this domi accounts are responsible for depleting our foreign reserves, only criminals and looters need these dom accounts to stash their ill-gotten gains.

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by ransomed: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2015
jamesharryson:

Soon your eyes will be cleared of the APCs juju and u will reason better
::--Our eyes are very clear and wide open to PDP massive looting and destruction of Economy. Let APC's juju catch me afterall PDP's juju caught and decieved us for 16 years.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by agriboom: 8:34am On Aug 03, 2015
blueseacats:
All this policies will really affect honest business men, let's be realistic.

Yes it will, but over time the legitimate ones will make themselves known by finding and going through the legal ways and the illegitimate ones will hide away. And maybe just maybe the honest ones will be dealing at the bank rate you always see at banks but can never get.

4 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Intendy: 8:34am On Aug 03, 2015
agabusta:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/war-against-money-laundering-banks-pdp-kick-against-cbns-policy/

Truth be told. PDP had looted the nations treasury in USD and have not transferred all so they must kick.
They never saw this coming.they still believe its their clueless man in power.
PMB WITHOUT MINISTERS IS EVEN YIELDING FRUIT.
for genuine business owner bvn to their rescue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by 989900: 8:37am On Aug 03, 2015
There are still other positive measure that should be taken. And, I hope the CBN enforces a 'band' on the gap between CBN, Bank, & BDC rates.

You can't have CBN @ N197, while banks charge you N208-N225!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by PrinceEm: 8:40am On Aug 03, 2015
ydass:

if you read the last paragraph it was said that there are ways which those who transacts with their Dom account could do so under the ambit of the law to me i think it's a welcomed development cause it checks the rate of money launder and helps the naira to appreciate

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:44am On Aug 03, 2015
Mention one Nigerian politician that does not operate a domiciliary account. No politician is a saint in Nigeria maybe VP Osibanjo. APC shouldn't forget the dollarization of the primaries that saw the emergence of PMB as the presidential candidate. Now they all kept quiet with this new policy but time shall tell.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by ransomed: 8:44am On Aug 03, 2015
Emefiele, tight more ropes, put more strigent measures, forclose all lose ends, box looters below the belt and revamp the Naira. God bless you for this great service to your fatherland. Smiling in Igala...ele..ele...ele...OJo! Agba.

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by staggerlee: 8:45am On Aug 03, 2015
ydass:

If you are a genuine business man nothing stops you from receiving you foreign currency thru electronic transfers! CBN has not stopped that

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 03, 2015
alt3r3g0:

So what do you suggest as you seem to have all the answers?
He should constitute Economic team.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by staggerlee: 8:58am On Aug 03, 2015
arm4u:
PDP is very right.
Only kids and those who wait for monthly handouts will jubilate over the madness of Buhari and his CBN.

They are choking life out of international business.

Let me educate you folks.

We have a service which we procure from overseas,
we have a client in Nigeria who needs the service;

We pay our vendor in Dollars, so our client has to pays us in Dollars.

The business is transacted in dollars, We am not thieves.
We have nothing to do with oil let alone oil money.
We are not laundering any money for any body.

The policy has barred our client from paying using dollars.
Yet, Ir must pay my vendor in dollars.
Those of you who are haling it should explain to us how we can continue our business.

This archaic and myopic policy will simply snuff life out of my genuine efforts.

It is like banning cars because armed robbers use it to operate.

You can force Naira to improve in value, but you cannot force the economy to grow,

Well, am I surprised?
Didnt Buhari jail Fela for coming into Nigeria with Dollars he earned from handwork.

Do I blame Buhari?
Has he ventured into any business?
What does he know about money?
Did he not despise the business men when he visited the US?
Like somebody said, we have a celebrated illiterate as President.

Al I can say is, shame.

Bros, no one has said you can't transact in dollars, just do it electronically not with cash, that's all

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by menxer: 8:59am On Aug 03, 2015
kaeforum:

why do you need a do account to do foreign transactions when banking is universal, you can conduct transactions with any country in the world , you dont need to have their currency to do this.

Dont you know that this domi accounts are responsible for depleting our foreign reserves, only criminals and looters need these dom accounts to stash their ill-gotten gains.

no mind them! I do online transactions in dollars and they charge my Naira mastercard , why all the noise if 'they' don't have any illegal intentions?

3 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by wildflower22(f): 9:02am On Aug 03, 2015
This is really a good move. I believe that any policy taken to revive the naira must affect some one. For those doing legitimate business follow the due process and pay your dealers and suppliers. PDP can cry me river.

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by menxer: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2015
this goes to show that when the head is 'correct' with political will power, the body moves gracefully.

Is the CBN Governor just appointed?
why did he not implement this policy when GEJ was on seat?
Now he is giving glory to PMB

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:11am On Aug 03, 2015
Why castigate PDP when APC are the loudest wailers concerning this policy. They all have millions of dollars stashed somewhere and they know how to channel it through the banking system. I will never trust APC and its change vision. It remains business as usual unless those crooks surrounding PMB are all jailed.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by ovo12: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2015
Big thief's
They make life difficult for honest
Nigerians doing business .. Let them go
Eat their stollen dollar

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by MadCow1: 9:13am On Aug 03, 2015
agabusta:
Why is the PDP kicking the air like an angry frustrated He-goat over a policy meant to protect the naira?? Is it because you are stuck with your stashed dollars??

The game is up! All the cash u guys looted is trapped now in your vaults at home. All of you have no option than to take it to the parallel market to change. This will go a long way in stabilising the naira and making it stronger in the parallel market.

You may decide to leave it at home and do a gamble on who will get the dollars first btw:

- dare devil robbers, who can sniff dollars from miles away.

- Police, DSS and EFCC who has been given renewed vigour by PMB and eager to please him by looking for any opportunity to catch anyone catchable. grin

-wayward children, who will steal it to live a high life that may cause their death.

- evil domestic staff, who are ready to behead and strangle anyone even if it's just for one $100 bill

If u guys try anything funny by trying to smuggle the cash out; woe betide anyone Buhari catches. By then, I hope their silly supporters on nairaland will not come and cry 'witch-hunt'

Now it seems i'm beginning to like Emefiele.

Waiter! Give this guy half crate of Orijin with peppered Kanda..

Dem never hala..

They can't move the money out of the country comfortably because of the 10000 dollar cash embargo.

This is a case of "One Chance"..

4 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by alt3r3g0: 9:14am On Aug 03, 2015
barcanista:
He should constitute Economic team.
I am in awe of your intelligence. undecided

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by princdebola201(m): 9:15am On Aug 03, 2015
blueseacats:
All this policies will really affect honest business men, let's be realistic.
it doesn't affect them..Cbn have already profer a legal way of going through legitimate business, which enhances business men to go through Legal process ..

The CBN’s Foreign Exchange Rules
have many windows for accessing foreign
exchange for legitimate business as well as for
personal commitments including payment of
medical bills, school fees, mortgages, demand
notes and other bills.
If you have legitimate business to fund, follow the
proper channel.

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by princdebola201(m): 9:18am On Aug 03, 2015
arm4u:
PDP is very right.
Only kids and those who wait for monthly handouts will jubilate over the madness of Buhari and his CBN.

Those of you who are haling it should explain to us how we can continue our business.

This archaic and myopic policy will simply snuff life out of my genuine efforts.

You can force Naira to improve in value, but you cannot force the economy to grow,

Well, am I surprised?
Didnt Buhari jail Fela for coming into Nigeria with Dollars he earned from handwork.

Do I blame Buhari?

Al I can say is, shame.
stop foaming in the Mouth, it doesn't affect legitimate business,
The CBN’s Foreign Exchange Rules
have many windows for accessing foreign
exchange for legitimate business as well as for
personal commitments including payment of
medical bills, school fees, mortgages, demand
notes and other bills.
If you have legitimate business to fund, follow the
proper channel.

3 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by barbiegirl4luv(f): 9:19am On Aug 03, 2015
arm4u:
PDP is very right.

Well, am I surprised?

Do I blame Buhari?

Al I can say is, shame.

What r u ranting here?
The press is always available, u can go through them to pour ur heavy heart to Mr. President and please dnt forget to mention to him that he is an illiterate. undecided

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by magicfingaz: 9:21am On Aug 03, 2015
Baba abeg wait make I go change my last 100$ before dem close shop
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 03, 2015
alt3r3g0:

I am in awe of your intelligence. undecided
Is the topic about Barca's intel ?
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by onatisi(m): 9:34am On Aug 03, 2015
Irrespective of party affiliation we should all support any policy that brings positive development and results. If this policy will bring down the current exchange rate and give our naira more value,then it is all good.

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by adefund(m): 9:38am On Aug 03, 2015
Yeah!!! Say no to money laundering n launderers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Alia Flags Off Construction Of 16 Roads In Benue (Photos) / Running Mates: Tinubu’s Camp Narrows Down On Shettima, Atiku On Okowa / Amaechi Is Like Biblical Esther, He Has Shamed His Enemies – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.