Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

The Real Meaning Of Allah - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Real Meaning Of Allah (4638 Views)

Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As A Beggar: The Real Story / Atheist Come In And Check The Real Meaning of Faith. / Abuse Of "Allah" By The Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by mustymatic(m): 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
kasend:
my advice to the Muslims received Jesus Christ now for the forgiveness of your sins, if you want to make heaven.
Jesus will never save you.
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
mustymatic:

They copied it. It is Islamic. Period

So what will you say about the pagan Arabs that called their gods allah before the advent of islam
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

I would love to see your face in hell.
astagfirullahi, brother dont say that, they are other ways you can use to correct them, if they like they believe it or not. salamu'alaikum.
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

So what will you say about the pagan Arabs that called their gods allah before the advent of islam
very dumb! reply me ok? wink
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

very dumb! reply me ok? dont run this time. wink
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
@kasend if the christian arabs that do not speak english refer to God as Allah, then your thread is as good as a wrist watch that cannot tell time, which implies, your thread is useless.
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by mustymatic(m): 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

Islam has been there. Oneness of God. Since the time of Adam
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Demmzy15(m): 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
Samunique:
But they are all still TITLES not his real name.

Just as Christian GOD has many titles, but His real name is YHWH, Yahweh , 'yah' "Jah" Jehovah which He revealed to moses . My name is Yahweh. Exodus 6:3.

Even Abraham did not know Him by His real name, he knew Him only as Elohim And Adonai , meaning the Lord God Almighty, which is also generic.

So try to understand the point raised in the OP, that Allah is no name, it's just a title like when one mentions Elohim or Adonai .
I perfectly understand you, Yahweh is what God said you should call in the Bible. But in Islam he has many names in which reaches 99, he gave himself this names. Christianity is different from Islam, you have no right to tell me Allah is not his name since I don't have any right to criticise the name Yahweh. Stop imposing your ideologies on others. Just as God called himself Yahweh in the Bible, he also did the same in the Qur'an. You can't say because we don't agree with you then we're wrong. That's nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
mustymatic:

Islam has been there. Oneness of God. Since the time of Adam

Sharap mohamed invented islam tongue pagans worshipped allah before mohamed and that is a historical fact.
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
lexiconkabir:
very dumb! reply me ok? dont run this time. wink

Run from you ke? It is only islamist that run and hide from the world. Even your Caliph al baghadi and his deputy shekau have been in hiding for years. Your former caliph Osama bin Laden also died in hiding after running and hiding from kafirs for over ten years.
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by mustymatic(m): 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

Sharap mohamed invented islam tongue pagans worshipped allah before mohamed and that is a historical fact.
Jesus pbuh worshipped who? Himself? Was he not before Muhammad pbuh?
Answers please
Who did he worship?
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
mustymatic:

Answers please
Who did he worship?

Jesus worshipped his father Yahweh the almighty creator God of the heavens and the earth and not some arabic pagan deity called allah. tongue
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by mustymatic(m): 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

Answers please
Who did he worship? sad
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

Jesus worshipped his father Yahweh the almighty creator God of the heavens and the earth and not some arabic pagan deity called allah. tongue
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by mustymatic(m): 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

Oh my! cry
So Jesus is not God, he worshipped his God Almighty whom we all worship.
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2015
mustymatic:

Oh my! cry
So Jesus is not God, he has his God. Period!

He is the son of God and that makes in a God the same way the son of a human is human. tongue and I am not a trinitarian so don't even bring up that line of argument cause it's clear from scriptures that the father is greater than him.
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

Run from you ke? It is only islamist that run and hide from the world. Even your Caliph al baghadi and his deputy shekau have been in hiding for years. Your former caliph Osama bin Laden also died in hiding after running and hiding from kafirs for over ten years.
lol, funny!
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

the source of your historical fact is? i hope you dont wait on parisbookaddi.ct this time to give me the relavant sources grin
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
lexiconkabir:
the source of your historical fact is? i hope you dont wait on parisbookaddi.ct this time to give me the relavant sources grin

The source is the quoran and sahih hadiths or are you saying they are not reliable sources of information?
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by mustymatic(m): 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

He is the son of God and that makes in a God the same way the son of a human is human. tongue and I am not a trinitarian so don't even bring up that line of argument cause it's clear from scriptures that the father is greater than him.
mat.5.9.asv
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called sons of God.
What about this verse?
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Samunique(m): 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
Demmzy15:

I perfectly understand you, Yahweh is what God said you should call in the Bible. But in Islam he has many names in which reaches 99, he gave himself this names. Christianity is different from Islam, you have no right to tell me Allah is not his name since I don't have any right to criticise the name Yahweh. Stop imposing your ideologies on others. Just as God called himself Yahweh in the Bible, he also did the same in the Qur'an. You can't say because we don't agree with you then we're wrong. That's nonsense.
No brother, I'm not imposing my ideology on you neither do i condemn your religion.

I was just making u understand the point raised @OP that Allah is a title used by both Arab muslims and Christians for God, which wouldn't have been so if it is his real name bcs Christianity and Islam are not the same.

Allah is just a title like the English word GOD, yoruba, Olorun.

I was expecting u to come up with something better than this.

All the same, thanks.

Shalom Brother!!!

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Samunique(m): 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@kasend if the christian arabs that do not speak english refer to God as Allah, then your thread is as good as a wrist watch that cannot tell time, which implies, your thread is useless.
You just shut yourself at the foot!!!

If the Arab Christians call Allah God, is God a name ? Do u even realise that so many deities are called "god" but to us Christians we have only one God and He has a name Yahweh, The LORD is ONE.

So if Allah means god, it's still a title, a generic name which could be used for any deity.

I.e. god of iron, god of thunder etc.

The question is, what distinguish your God/god from these deities who are not the true God the Creator of heaven and the earth, because they also bear the title "gods"?

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by abduljabbar4(m): 12:24am On Aug 05, 2015
lexiconkabir:
astagfirullahi, brother dont say that, they are other ways you can use to correct them, if they like they believe it or not. salamu'alaikum.
Thank you my brother. I was so tempted to tell him that. May Allah forgive us
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 05, 2015
Samunique:
You just shut yourself at the foot!!!

If the Arab Christians call Allah God, is God a name ? Do u even realise that so many deities are called "god" but to us Christians we have only one God and He has a name Yahweh, The LORD is ONE.

So if Allah means god, it's still a title, a generic name which could be used for any deity.

I.e. god of iron, god of thunder etc.

The question is, what distinguish your God/god from these deities who are not the true God the Creator of heaven and the earth, because they also bear the title "gods"?

bro, i believe you dont speak arabic, ilah is god and Allah is God, really? you believe in one God?
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 05, 2015
Jagoon:

which means jesus and Almighty God are different beings, right?
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 05, 2015
Jagoon:

The source is the quoran and sahih hadiths or are you saying they are not reliable sources of information?
no, you give me the particular place and i will check. mind you if a give me a lie created by these islamophobes: David wood, Ali sina, Walid shoebat, i won't hesistate to tell you its a lie. Shalomalekhim/salamualaikum(peace be onto you)
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 05, 2015
lexiconkabir:
which means jesus and Almighty God are different beings, right?

Yes they are two different beings
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Samunique(m): 8:21am On Aug 05, 2015
lexiconkabir:
bro, i believe you dont speak arabic, ilah is god and Allah is God, really? you believe in one God?
I understand u perfectly.

But the question is still, is God a name or title?

And what do u mean by your last question, was the doctrine/religion of ONESS of God started by muhammed?

Is Christianity not a monotheistic religion?

Pls go do your research well and forget about your Islamic sentiments about Christianity.
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 05, 2015
lexiconkabir:

Wrong, ilah is god whilst allah is 'the god'
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 05, 2015
Samunique:
I understand u perfectly.

But the question is still, is God a name or title?

And what do u mean by your last question, was the doctrine/religion of ONESS of God started by muhammed?

Is Christianity not a monotheistic religion?

Pls go do your research well and forget about your Islamic sentiments about Christianity.
i am happy that you believe muhammad preached the oneness of Allah, muhammad just like the prophets before him preached the oneness of Allah. christianity is based on the believe on the trinity(some christians deny it), now if that is the case, do you still think christianity is a monotheistic religion? isnt it funny that the word(religion) CHRISTIANITY is not in the bible just like the way the religion ISLAM is in the quran? bro this is reality not sentiments.
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 05, 2015
Jagoon:

Wrong, ilah is god whilst allah is 'the god'
lol, no matter what you say you cant change the original meanings of these arabic words grin
Re: The Real Meaning Of Allah by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 05, 2015
Jagoon:

Yes they are two different beings
i'm happy you know that they are different, since they are distinct(never the same), your bible still claim that they are one. i know, i know, you will probably say "i'm not a trinitarian", but my brother your bible clearly shows that the trinity is the backbone of the christian faith. savvy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna Devotion Fasting And Prayers / Prophetic Word For You Today / I Saw Micheal Jackson, Whitney Houston In Hell & They Gave Me Message (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.