Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,746 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. (9531 Views)

7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / Anti-Christ Quotes from the Quaran / TB Joshua & Ayo Babalola Listed Among World’s Most Famous Prophets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by Jeromejnr(m): 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
dalaman:

Show me any part of the bible that could not have been written by people that lived during that period.

Don't worry Mr. Man. prepare yourself for an article I am soon to put up. To show you that without a doubt it wasn't men that wrote the bible but God.

I will love to see your reaction grin. Brace yourself.

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by winner01(m): 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
dalaman:

Show me any part of the bible that could not have been written by people that lived during that period.
God is the author of the Bible. The men He used were inspired, over 40 of them over different centuries. Many of the authors God used didnt even know each other, and they wrote in cohesion. The totality of the Bible focuses on a particular plan. Jesus.
Dont limit yourself to common sense, everything is never as it seems just like owl city sang in fireflies. Get out of your cage and explore understanding. You will surely find something. Bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by dalaman: 11:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
winner01:
God is the author of the Bible. The men He used were inspired, over 40 of them over different centuries. Many of the authors God used didnt even know each other, and they wrote in cohesion.

They didn't write in cohesion that is why there are many contradictions in the bible.

The totality of the Bible focuses on a particular plan. Jesus.

The Jews do not believe that the old testament has anything to do with Jesus.

Dont limit yourself to common sense, everything is never as it seems just like owl city sang in fireflies. Get out of your cage and explore understanding. You will surely find something. Bless you.

Just show me any part of the bible that could not have been written by men that lived at that time.

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by winner01(m): 12:40am On Aug 05, 2015
dalaman:

They didn't write in cohesion that is why there are many contradictions in the bible.

The Jews do not believe that the old testament has anything to do with Jesus.

Just show me any part of the bible that could not have been written by men that lived at that time.
Contradictions?, well i only know that the devil pleasures in deceiving people.

If the Jews do not believe it had anything to do with Jesus, the Bible is our Guide, not a people.
Here is what the prophet Isaiah said in the old testament about our saviour, about 600 years before Jesus' time on Earth:
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for
our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon
him, and by his wounds we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5).

The prophecy of prophet Daniel who lived 500 years before
Jesus (Yeshua) was also recorded in the book of daniel in the old testament:
"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me
was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven.
He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his
presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power;
all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His
dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away,
and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed". - Daniel
7:13-14

The prophecy of prophet Micah in the old testament in
Micah 5:2 – “But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, are only a small
village in Judah. Yet a ruler of Israel will come from you, one
whose origins are from the distant past.”

Deuteronomy records the words of Moses in
Deuteronomy 18:15 – “The Lord your God will raise up for you
a prophet like me from among your fellow Israelites, and you
must listen to that prophet.”

Prophet zechariah is not left out;
Zechariah 9:9 – “Rejoice greatly, O people of Zion! Shout in
triumph, O people of Jerusalem! Look, your king is coming to
you. He is righteous and victorious, yet he is humble, riding on
a donkey – even on a donkey’s colt.”

If these ones could believe, then im less concerned about who does not believe. God's word stand for ever and ever.

Once again, God is the author of the Bible....
2 tim 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by winner01(m): 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Don't worry Mr. Man. prepare yourself for an article I am soon to put up. To show you that without a doubt it wasn't men that wrote the bible but God.

please dont forget to tag me when you do
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
winner01:
You are looking for answers. The senses you call common has been entrusted into your hands by the giver of senses. Make do with what you have before your appointed time.

Who gave the giver of senses sense?
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Why don't you allow god to do the proving himself/herself/itself?
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by Jeromejnr(m): 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2015
theAtheist101:

Why don't you allow god to do the proving himself/herself/itself?

Don't worry, if you like wait till when God finally reveals Himself. That day is known as the last day.
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Don't worry, if you like wait till when God finally reveals Himself. That day is known as the last day.

Is god passing through Lagos for an hold-up to be delaying him for this long? Please, the next time you discuss with him, tell him to borrow a jet, because people are waiting for him. Don't also forget to tell him to write a letter of apology to billions that have died waiting for his coming. Thank you in advance.
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by Jeromejnr(m): 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
theAtheist101:

Is god passing through Lagos for an hold-up to be delaying him for this long? Please, the next time you discuss with him, tell him to borrow a jet, because people are waiting for him. Don't also forget to tell him to write a letter of apology to billions that have died waiting for his coming. Thank you in advance.

Ahhh! you better be happy He has not yet come. He is showing you mercy now. Eternity in the wrong side without comfort is not a joke. Now you can enjoy bed and light and TV. All these thing are not on the other side O!.

The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 2 Peter 3:9

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Ahhh! you better be happy He has not yet come. He is showing you mercy now. Eternity in the wrong side without comfort is not a joke. Now you can enjoy bed and light and TV. All these thing are not on the other side O!.

The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 2 Peter 3:9

How come you know all these to be the fact, and how sure are you that your Bible is the absolute truth?

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by Jeromejnr(m): 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
theAtheist101:

How come you know all these to be the fact, and how sure are you that your Bible is the absolute truth?

Because No1. The truth is the Bible says God Loves to hide Himself and He has this character in Himself that Loves faith. The Bible says without faith it is impossible[/b]to please Him. It is only God that can reveal Himself to people another person can't reveal God to someone just because he wants to. But first God has to see that you have an open heart and you want to know Him. If not, He will just let you be.

One reason He hides Himself because He wants to see if one loves Him enough to be willing to leave sin and seek Him.

[b]You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jer 29:13

I know it is truth because He has reveled Himself to me. I can't explain how to you but that's just how it is.

No2. Check out my article. https://www.nairaland.com/2504739/amazing-hebrew-scholars-discover-hidden
and also a science Journal I gave one of you fellows just now. http://www.perseusbookspromos.com/bc3/b1_appendix_l.pdf

All this shows the complex wisdom of God. And how scientists, scholars and Mathematicians themselves are baffled at the complex design and codes of the bible.

No3. Believe it or not I have seen amazing miracles from the word come to pass. E.g A female friend of mine had her mother raised from the dead. and many others.

I stop here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by davien(m): 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
quotes only express opinions, not proof....else all the quotes about UFO's,shiva,etc would serve as evidence for them
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by winner01(m): 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
theAtheist101:

Who gave the giver of senses sense?
Go find out in Hell.
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Because No1. The truth is the Bible says God Loves to hide Himself and He has this character in Himself that Loves faith. The Bible says without faith it is impossible[/b]to please Him. It is only God that can reveal Himself to people another person can't reveal God to someone just because he wants to. But first God has to see that you have an open heart and you want to know Him. If not, He will just let you be.

One reason He hides Himself because He wants to see if one loves Him enough to be willing to leave sin and seek Him.

[b]You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jer 29:13

I know it is truth because He has reveled Himself to me. I can't explain how to you but that's just how it is.

No2. Check out my article. https://www.nairaland.com/2504739/amazing-hebrew-scholars-discover-hidden
and also a science Journal I gave one of you fellows just now. http://www.perseusbookspromos.com/bc3/b1_appendix_l.pdf

All this shows the complex wisdom of God. And how scientists, scholars and Mathematicians themselves are baffled at the complex design and codes of the bible.

No3. Believe it or not I have seen amazing miracles from the word come to pass. E.g A female friend of mine had her mother raised from the dead. and many others.

I stop here.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
winner01:
Go find out in Hell.

Where Jesus waits for us. grin
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by winner01(m): 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
theAtheist101:

Where Jesus waits for us. grin
He has the keys to the gates of hell. So Yes, He'll come and see you there probably, and while you beg for a drop of water he reminds you of your madness on earth.
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by dabosuker(m): 12:49am On Aug 06, 2015
winner01:
He has the keys to the gates of hell. So Yes, He'll come and see you there probably, and while you beg for a drop of water he reminds you of your madness on earth.

Nobody is going to hell,.....God loves us
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by winner01(m): 1:03am On Aug 06, 2015
dabosuker:

Nobody is going to hell,.....God loves us
Yeah, He does. He's a Lamb and He's a Lion, He's a consuming fire. whosoever believes in Him shall not perish.
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by menesheh(m): 1:05am On Aug 06, 2015
winner01:

What of if you are wrong about hell, what's gonna happen then.

2 Likes

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by winner01(m): 1:08am On Aug 06, 2015
menesheh:

What of if you are wrong about hell, what's gonna happen then.
I am not. and even if i am. no spoils.
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by menesheh(m): 1:12am On Aug 06, 2015
winner01:
I am not. and even if i am. no spoils.

How do know you are not?

2 Likes

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by winner01(m): 1:18am On Aug 06, 2015
menesheh:

How do know you are not?
Simple, God.
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by menesheh(m): 1:24am On Aug 06, 2015
winner01:
Simple, God.

What of those that their god concept didn't include hell or to put it these way, people that have never heard of hell or eternal torment. What's gonna happen to them.
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by winner01(m): 1:35am On Aug 06, 2015
menesheh:

What of those that their god concept didn't include hell or to put it these way, people that have never heard of hell or eternal torment. What's gonna happen to them.
None of those gospels preaches salvation and redemption. They probably have been oppourtuned to know about the God that offers salvation and redemption. It is left to them to accept or reject Him.
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by menesheh(m): 1:49am On Aug 06, 2015
winner01:
None of those gospels preaches salvation and redemption. They probably have been oppourtuned to know about the God that offers salvation and redemption. It is left to them to accept or reject Him.

What's the difference between preaching and knowing gospel and redemption. You don't preach or accept what you don't know, worst of it is when you never heard of such a concept.
You don't understand my question, let me put it this way, Buddhism in the world is practiced by an estimated 488 million, 495 million, or 535 million people as of the 2010s, representing 7% to 8% of the world's total population. China is the country with the largest population of Buddhists, approximately 244 million or 18.2% of its total population. This people either have never heard of hell or they've hesrd about it but it is not intrinsic to their own religious beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by winner01(m): 1:52am On Aug 06, 2015
menesheh:

What's the difference between preaching and knowing gospel and redemption. You don't preach or accept what you don't know, worst of it is when you never heard of such a concept.
You don't understand my question, let me put it this way, Buddhism in the world is practiced by an estimated 488 million, 495 million, or 535 million people as of the 2010s, representing 7% to 8% of the world's total population. China is the country with the largest population of Buddhists, approximately 244 million or 18.2% of its total population. This people either have never heard of hell or they've hesrd about it but it is not intrinsic to their own religious beliefs.
That why the Lord gave the command that " go ye into the world and preach the gospel"...The Bible is clear about those that reject the word of God.
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by menesheh(m): 2:33am On Aug 06, 2015
winner01:
That why the Lord gave the command that " go ye into the world and preach the gospel"...The Bible is clear about those that reject the word of God.

That's the same reason Mohammed cum allah commanded his minions to go yee into the world and kill any infidels who didn't accept the Divinity of allah.

Now you said that your reasons for believing in hell is because of god said it. The same god refuse to emanate the same concept to other nations, only through Roman and Greek, then go yee into other nations and culture and spread those good news. Other nations will inturn interprete theirs and start hunting for you because they have their own concepts that are intrinsic to their believe and it came from god.

If we continue like this, there will continue to be war, vendetta, and fanaticism. Therefore whenever i ask you why you believe in a concept that is yet to come up with evidence to support it, don't mention god because it did provide any information or answer to the question.

Take for instance you approach a Muslim and ask him why he believe killing people that didn't believe in allah is justifiable, his only answers is his god. Does it say anything about his reasons and justificationfor believing the thing he believed.

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 06, 2015
winner01:

And how certain are you that you wouldn't be beside me there? What if it is the other christians that are his true worshipers? Or even the Muslims and/or Jihadists? What if Jesus is not the saviour, but just another sinner who committed so many atrocities on Earth and now chairs hell?

2 Likes

Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by winner01(m): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2015
menesheh:

That's the same reason Mohammed cum allah commanded his minions to go yee into the world and kill any infidels who didn't accept the Divinity of allah.

Now you said that your reasons for believing in hell is because of god said it. The same god refuse to emanate the same concept to other nations, only through Roman and Greek, then go yee into other nations and culture and spread those good news. Other nations will inturn interprete theirs and start hunting for you because they have their own concepts that are intrinsic to their believe and it came from god.

If we continue like this, there will continue to be war, vendetta, and fanaticism. Therefore whenever i ask you why you believe in a concept that is yet to come up with evidence to support it, don't mention god because it did provide any information or answer to the question.

Take for instance you approach a Muslim and ask him why he believe killing people that didn't believe in allah is justifiable, his only answers is his god. Does it say anything about his reasons and justificationfor believing the thing he believed.
All the hatred up there are from the devil and Like I said, The God of salvation and redemption, not death and condemnation has given an order. Through his love the gospel will continue to spread to all nations...
You and the other pathetic lot on the other hand will continue to wail in discontentment till your hairs turn grey, while more people will come to a true realization of God.
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by winner01(m): 7:54am On Aug 06, 2015
theAtheist101:

And how certain are you that you wouldn't be beside me there? What if it is the other christians that are his true worshipers? Or even the Muslims and/or Jihadists? What if Jesus is not the saviour, but just another sinner who committed so many atrocities on Earth and now chairs hell?
Like i said, go find out in Hell..
Re: Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. by dalaman: 8:07am On Aug 06, 2015
winner01:
All the hatred up there are from the devil and Like I said, The God of salvation and redemption, not death and condemnation has given an order. Through his love the gospel will continue to spread to all nations...
You and the other pathetic lot on the other hand will continue to wail in discontentment till your hairs turn grey, while more people will come to a true realization of God.

Allah has given an order that he is the only true God and Mohammed the prophet is his last messenger. What are you waiting for? You have no excuse. Keep spewing hate against Allah and his last messenger. You'll burn in hell.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This / Happy Birthday To Our Blessed Virgin Mary- Feast Of Immaculate Conception / The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.