Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls (41928 Views)

Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes / Chadians, Ghanaians, Others Storm Nigeria For Dollars-the Nation / Stopped. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by gboyetade: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
You are wrong Sir. Legitimate business and services can be paid for through swift at better rates of naira to dollar at the banks if you have necessary documents. If you doubt it, approach your account officer/banker
Chuckdee:

Oga, Since when has someones personal opinion become an offense? If you run a legitimate business and your government wakes up with a policy that puts you in a very awkward and difficult position how would you feel? Which bigger picture are you talking about here anyways? Coming up with a policy that totally cripples legitimate businesses who rely solely on outsourcing almost everything without succor to those people all in the name of tracking down money launderers is a no no! I believe your opinion will be totally different when a very close family member of yours dies simply because you need to deposit @5,000 for surgery abroad and y'all have the money and more but simply cannot send it out. Make sure you dont even shed a tear because like you said: ''endure for now and enjoy later'' NONSENSE!

---- 'E bulu ozu onye ozo n' isi odi ka ebu Ukwu nku' (When Another man’s corpse is being carried, it looks as if it were a log of wood)
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by gboyetade: 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
You are wrong sir. You can do that if you have your necessary docs
Chuckdee:

Now, i like the tone of your response...reasoning like the adult you are. Now, quick question for you: In any of those shitty countries you mentioned, are you aware you can walk into your bank, file a form and have money transferred to any other country and that money will be deducted from you account, converted to the receiving country's local currency and you are done. Can you walk into your FIRST bank or any other Nigerian bank and ask them to send money to any other country? NO, they won't and yet the CBN is comparing the environment they created here in Nigeria to that of the US..crazy.
I totally agree with you that all cash transactions in nigeria and even to send to other countries should be done in naira and converted where necessary but that is not the case especially for alot of nigerians who are into small importation and legitimate business.

I know the main motive of this administration is to close up all sources of money laundering and all sorts but you do not burn down your house all in the process of hunting out a rat. One does not throw away the baby with the bath-water.
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by gboyetade: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
Smart ones. I love your spirit. I will post mine soon

sovpounds:
Hello everyone, I can assist to make payments to individuals and firms abroad. You would pay in naira and the money would be transferred from our bank account in the United Kingdom to any country via internet banking. The maximum amount that can be transferred is the US Dollar equivalent of £50,000. If you are interested, please call sovpounds on 08039442732 or visit our office at 2/4 Murtala Muhammed Way, Ebute Metta, Lagos. Thank you.

bright87:
I can arrange payment to be wired for anyone in USD either from my Acc. in naija or straight from my base overseas. This is for those who needs to pay for goods and services. You pay me in naira and I pay on your behalf in USD.
Contact me at brightonero1(at)gmail.com. My rate is 260 - 1$

I can send payment on your behalf in USD to anywhere in the world.

Please this is for sincere business minded ppl only.

Thanks.
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by gboyetade: 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
Can we roll together?

alpontif:

Hello House,

All i see here is a massive business opportunity. This is a chance to create a functional hawala system. If you are interested, and you have people that may want to send money to Nigeria from the UK or the US asap, let me know. and vice versa too.
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by owagbeba: 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
gboyetade:
You are wrong Sir. Legitimate business and services can be paid for through swift at better rates of naira to dollar at the banks if you have necessary documents. If you doubt it, approach your account officer/banker
Hi. I'm quite curious to know your banker in Nigeria. You mean with documents like a proforma invoice and others I can remit money oversea?

I have tried both UBA and ACCESS Bank, they both rejected dollar transfer, even with the invoice.

Which bank you dey use?
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by Chuckdee(m): 11:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
owagbeba:

Hi. I'm quite curious to know your banker in Nigeria. You mean with documents like a proforma invoice and others I can remit money oversea?

I have tried both UBA and ACCESS Bank, they both rejected dollar transfer, even with the invoice.

Which bank you dey use?

@gboyetade the wise one, oya answer and state exactly how easy and how many weeks it will take you to achieve that aim.
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by alpontif(m): 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
gboyetade:
Can we roll together?

Yes I think we can.. drop your email address and i ll send you the slack.com invite for the hawala group, and we ll take it up from there. floor is still open for guys outside the country and inside as well. we are creating a system that is fast and cheap for all parties involved.
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by owagbeba: 9:28am On Aug 18, 2015
jjman2322:

Not sure about that.. check and let me know.., however that doesnt help businesses. There's no way I can send out $20,000 or $50,000 usd via western union.

Hi JJMan, have u been able to sort out your fx issues? I am still stuck, can't find a way to do TT at the banks. Any solution yet?

I was at UBA for the Form A; that's really a long thing. They need visa copy, ticket etc. but they are not sure how long it takes to process a form A
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by onatisi(m): 10:17am On Aug 18, 2015
owagbeba:

Hi JJMan, have u been able to sort out your fx issues? I am still stuck, can't find a way to do TT at the banks. Any solution yet?

I was at UBA for the Form A; that's really a long thing. They need visa copy, ticket etc. but they are not sure how long it takes to process a form A

which country are you sending the money to
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by owagbeba: 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
onatisi:
which country are you sending the money to
Canada and Australia
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by onatisi(m): 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
owagbeba:
Canada and Australia
is it to personal accounts or business accounts
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by owagbeba: 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2015
onatisi:
is it to personal accounts or business accounts
Canada is personal account.
Australia is a business account.
Pls let me know if there's a solution.
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by onatisi(m): 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
owagbeba:

Canada is personal account.
Australia is a business account.
Pls let me know if there's a solution.
yes but the problem is the amount. I don't think I can move Such high amount at once it will have to be done in caches.I will send u a pm. How urgent is the transfer
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by Infinitikoncept(m): 11:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
owagbeba:
Canada and Australia
I can also give a helping hand if you chat me with my signature.
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by directonpc(m): 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ahmed4002:

Ea pius
baba, are you just reading this post from last year?
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by Ahmed4002(m): 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
directonpc:
baba, are you just reading this post from last year?
Lol.
Actually not
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by directonpc(m): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ahmed4002:
Lol. Actually not
Okk boss enjoy ur weekend.
Re: It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls by 4Play(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
If you want to understand what is wrong with Nigerians, just read the comments on the first page of this thread. As we have another recovery in the Naira's value, we need to realise that without removing the fixed exchange rate regime, all recovery in the Naira's value will prove temporary.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources / Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies / Live Display Of Animals At Okoko Market For Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.