Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest (37299 Views)

Any Man Who Sleeps With Ooni's Ex-Queen Will Die If Not Cleansed - Ifa Priest / Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by dridowu: 7:49am On Aug 04, 2015
Ok
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by davss02(m): 7:50am On Aug 04, 2015
Lobatan grin!!!!!!av dey officially announce his death?
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by cococandy(f): 7:51am On Aug 04, 2015
I thought they said he's not dead.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by KAYNINI(m): 7:55am On Aug 04, 2015
so he's dead or what happened again?
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by NaijaTweets(m): 7:56am On Aug 04, 2015
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 8:00am On Aug 04, 2015
cococandy:
I thought they said he's not dead.
There's need to deny the death of Ooni cos the announcement of king's death especially that of Ooni follow due process backed with necessary sacrifices.Is not an ordinary king(man)
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by cabaliciouscabal: 8:03am On Aug 04, 2015
Intrepidone:
And they keep lying about HRH demise. # SMH
do u av problem understanding simple English, the priest said dia ar some rituals and notifications to be followed before d death can be announced, pls don't derailed d thread with ur incoherent post.

2 Likes

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by ifeoluwasegun(m): 8:04am On Aug 04, 2015
Ooni went on an excursion inside the asbestos!
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by masseratti: 8:05am On Aug 04, 2015
ITbomb:
APC might rig it if it was an open election and a dullard would have emerged as the Ooni (god forbid!)
well when it comes to traditional rulers,thr Governors has the last say on who ascend the throne.

By the way when last did anyone hear about the Oba of benin?
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 04, 2015
archaic, barbaric, denounced traditions. angry angry angry
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by babyfaceafrica: 8:06am On Aug 04, 2015
Some people cnt undestand simple English,a journalist asked the minute what will hppen if an Ooni dies..and you people are mis-intepreting the man...he didn't say Ooni is dead he is simply replying the journalist,please read the post well....dts by the way....I guess until the Ooni comes out to deny it himself,the news will continue....watever rocks their boat!!

1 Like

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by drbre(m): 8:07am On Aug 04, 2015
Omooba77:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/how-the-next-ooni-will-emerge-priest/#sthash.TqrCimwc.dpuf

Op is correct and consistent with the facts of history...at the risk of sounding immodest and atttacting all sorts of remarks, i am indeed a direct descendant of Ooni Derin Ologbenla . Our clan eventually settled in Oke-Igbo but we still maintain our ties with the Giesi Ruling house at Moore in Ife. My dad used to tell us about this Prince thing and our ties with Ife and this made me curious to dig out the facts about it..Ti ori ban joba loola , u may av heard it first from here.

2 Likes

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by cococandy(f): 8:08am On Aug 04, 2015
Sinbad2:
There's need to deny the death of Ooni cos the announcement of king's death especially that of Ooni follow due process backed with necessary sacrifices.Is not an ordinary king(man)
Hmm. Ok.

As long those sacrifices didn't involve human beings sha. (Heard some rumors like that)

Culture is a nice and wonderful thing. Warms the heart and add color and flair to very simple things.
It's only ugly when it begins to hurt people.

Hopefully this isn't one those kinds of cultural practices.

If it is, the earlier the people of that region began speaking against it, the better for their future generations.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by noblegrex: 8:10am On Aug 04, 2015
Tolexander:
I have them as friends and neighbors. Just that I didn't really pay attention to issue like this.

Exactly what I'm saying. It is possible he was an Ooni and Baale of Oke Igbo since he had right to the thrones.
d write up says he was doubled as baale of oke-Igbo and Ooni of ife.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by noblegrex: 8:11am On Aug 04, 2015
Tolexander:
I have them as friends and neighbors. Just that I didn't really pay attention to issue like this.

Exactly what I'm saying. It is possible he was an Ooni and Baale of Oke Igbo since he had right to the thrones.
d write up says he was doubled as baale of oke-Igbo and Ooni of ife.I love this history of a thing so much.expecially ife.

1 Like

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Remii(m): 8:11am On Aug 04, 2015
Shehucom:
In this 20th century someone is still going about with gong to announce the death of a king... Well, talk about traditions...

Never new a diety could die.
what do you say about smoke tradition for Pope emergence, abi na only Africa tradition dey primitive?

1 Like

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Intrepidone(m): 8:11am On Aug 04, 2015
Segadem:
Don't mind those people jare, they think we are living in Igbo irumole island.
U niggas live in Pluto? Co's u're that far from news trends
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by sage2(m): 8:12am On Aug 04, 2015
My joy is that that silly governor will have no hand in who becomes the next Ooni. I don't want the great Ile Ife to end up with a political Oba like Lagos. And I also do not want the Kano episode anywhere close to Ile Ife.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 8:13am On Aug 04, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Some people cnt undestand simple English,a journalist asked the minute what will hppen if an Ooni dies..and you people are mis-intepreting the man...he didn't say Ooni is dead he is simply replying the journalist,please read the post well....dts by the way....I guess until the Ooni comes out to deny it himself,the news will continue....watever rocks their boat!!
I wonder why ppl keep asking stupid questions at least were all African were cultures plays a vital roles of environment especially when its comes to kingship making
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by noblegrex: 8:14am On Aug 04, 2015
cabaliciouscabal:
do u av problem understanding simple English, the priest said dia ar some rituals and notifications to be followed before d death can be announced, pls don't derailed d thread with ur incoherent post.
n nobody has d right to announce his death even if he's dead. Except one person.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 04, 2015
I've known the immediate past Ooni to be very regal. God bless Ile Ife, God bless Yoruba land and God bless Nigeria.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 8:17am On Aug 04, 2015
sage2:
My joy is that that silly governor will have no hand in who becomes the next Ooni. I don't want the great Ile Ife to end up with a political Oba like Lagos. And I also do not want the Kano episode anywhere close to Ile Ife.
Ife tradition is very tedious one not jst anybody is allowed to have say thr its strictly for ordained people except if the governor wnt to be covered with leprosy(Sanpanan)
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Nlevel(m): 8:19am On Aug 04, 2015
ooooops! Ile-Ife my home land .All these are clear indications that the ooni has 'waja'.Left is the official announcement.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Jagsban(m): 8:21am On Aug 04, 2015
Yoruba Culture.

1 Like

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 8:24am On Aug 04, 2015
cococandy:

Hmm. Ok.

As long those sacrifices didn't involve human beings sha. (Heard some rumors like that)

Culture is a nice and wonderful thing. Warms the heart and add color and flair to very simple things.
It's only ugly when it begins to hurt people.

Hopefully this isn't one those kinds of cultural practices.

If it is, the earlier the people of that region began speaking against it, the better for their future generations.
As far as am concern there's lay down principles that r follow in Crowning a king especially that of Ile-Ife the use of human heads as u claimed is strange to me nd if its does happen then I believe things has changed ok.Am not jst contributing here
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by kristisking(m): 8:25am On Aug 04, 2015
It is high time people did away with all those evil traditions in this century.One thing that amazes me atimes is the fact that most of these traditional rulers worship idols and you find out that some also attend churches or mosques.You can not serve God and devil at the same time.The earlier these people know this,the better.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 04, 2015
Fetish @ it's Peak. I see why SW looks like a village
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by larryUG(m): 8:29am On Aug 04, 2015
Intrepidone:
And they keep lying about HRH demise. # SMH
it is not a lie. did u read d passage? it says certain rites have to be performed before announcing his death. I am not yoruba buh please respect ppl's traditions and beliefs.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 8:30am On Aug 04, 2015
drbre:

Op is correct and consistent with the facts of history...at the risk of sounding immodest and atttacting all sorts of remarks, i am indeed a direct descendant of Ooni Derin Ologbenla . Our clan eventually settled in Oke-Igbo but we still maintain our ties with the Giesi Ruling house at Moore in Ife. My dad used to tell us about this Prince thing and our ties with Ife and this made me curious to dig out the facts about it..Ti ori ban joba loola , u may av heard it first from here.
Are you from Oke-igbo?
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by cococandy(f): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2015
Sinbad2:
As far as am concern there's lay down principles that r follow in Crowning a king especially that of Ile-Ife the use of human heads as u claimed is strange to me nd if its does happen then I believe things has changed ok.Am not jst contributing here

I didn't claim. I said I heard the rumors (hoping they aren't true). I can't something I don't know jare.

There's nothing wrong with laid down principles in announcing the death and choosing of a new traditional ruler. It's all a part of the ceremonies associated with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu / Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. / Oba Adewale Akanbi Drives His G-wagon In Canada. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.