Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest (37303 Views)

Any Man Who Sleeps With Ooni's Ex-Queen Will Die If Not Cleansed - Ifa Priest / Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by emmanuel596(m): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2015
I thought the idiots were denying the fact dat d nigga was dead
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Ossaifamous(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2015
So chief priest self de grant interview

1 Like

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by suckerr: 8:38am On Aug 04, 2015
All this boils down to creating enemies between the 4 families cos everyone wants the next Ooni to come from his or her family
Which might even lead to death of some heirs to the throne
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 8:39am On Aug 04, 2015
cococandy:

I didn't claim. I said I heard the rumors (hoping they aren't true). I can't something I don't know jare.

There's nothing wrong with laid down principles in announcing the death and choosing of a new traditional ruler. It's all a part of the ceremonies associated with it.
Madam if you are in Ife or have someone there tell him or her not to stay late at NIGHT till new king is crowned ok nd when I said late I mean 10:30pm upward shalom.sebi omo yoruba ni e kilode to n soro bayi
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by drbre(m): 8:43am On Aug 04, 2015
Sinbad2:
Are you from Oke-igbo?

Yes..Oke-Igbo and from the facts on ground Ile Ife, from the Derin Ologbenla line of the Giesi ruling house.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by emmanuel596(m): 8:43am On Aug 04, 2015
Ossaifamous:
So chief priest self de grant interview

I wonder oooo....soon gate men go dey cm channels cm deliberate politics
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Feranchek(m): 8:43am On Aug 04, 2015
Akinolu see your life You dey make mouth sey you go send igbos to lagoon. Dem no even recognize you or your throne when YORUBA obas dey talk. grin cheesy

Tomorrow, pesin go kon dey teh me sey Lagos na yoruba man land.... Iffa hear!!!
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by enitey(f): 8:46am On Aug 04, 2015
These people 'sef
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Zeus777: 8:47am On Aug 04, 2015
kristisking:
It is high time people did away with all those evil traditions in this century.One thing that amazes me atimes is the fact that most of these traditional rulers worship idols and you find out that some also attend churches or mosques.You can not serve God and devil at the same time.The earlier these people know this,the better.
Yea I agree with u serving God in peace and unity is what polytheism stands for (atleast as far as yoruba spirituality is concerned ) so I presume d ppl serving the Devil you are refferin to are those borrowed monotheistic religions from the Arabs and the Jews that knows no peace (A.k.a "my God is beta than yours" ) that u lots shamelessly follow blindly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by 9jatatafo(m): 8:49am On Aug 04, 2015
Indirectly speaking the Ooni is ........... You can complete it.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 8:51am On Aug 04, 2015
drbre:

Yes..Oke-Igbo and from the facts on ground Ile Ife, from the Derin Ologbenla line of the Giesi ruling house.
Hmmm good to hear that though(Am friend to D.O faguwa)family also from Okeigbo
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by ojnnaco(m): 8:52am On Aug 04, 2015
If it happens
that an Ooni dies, there are sacrifices and
signs that will be performed. Part of them
is the closing of the palace main gate. Also,
the messenger will go around the town with
a gong to announce the demise, while the
trees in the ancient town will be cut down,
markets will remain shut to customers and
the entire Ife city will be thrown into
mourning.
Does it mean this people even the so called chief priests can't even make consultation to determine whether the Ooni is still alive . Why keeping the People of Ife in Suspense or do this people think that the Ooni cannot die? Habaaaa
Can u imagine Cutting down trees(Probably economic trees ) just to honor who is already gown thereby empoverishing D people there ... am yet to understand the last statement which says.... the entire city of ife will be thrown into mourning ...i hope its not burying the Ooni with 7human heads ?
Just asking
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by dapsonlou(m): 8:54am On Aug 04, 2015
Omooba77:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/how-the-next-ooni-will-emerge-priest/#sthash.TqrCimwc.dpuf

Osinkola always Produce the best Kings. FBI fresh blooded Ife Boy Prince of Prince
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 8:57am On Aug 04, 2015
Feranchek:
Akinolu see your life You dey make mouth sey you go send igbos to lagoon. Dem no even recognize you or your throne when YORUBA obas dey talk. grin cheesy

Tomorrow, pesin go kon dey teh me sey Lagos na yoruba man land.... Iffa hear!!!
Oba Akinolu is nowhere to found when talking about youraba race(oba culture)he's more of a political king

1 Like

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Feranchek(m): 8:58am On Aug 04, 2015
Sinbad2:
Oba Akinolu is nowhere to found when talking about youraba race(oba culture)he's more of a political king

Bros God bless you and your heritage mbok!
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by dapsonlou(m): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2015
Shehucom:
In this 20th century someone is still going about with gong to announce the death of a king... Well, talk about traditions...

Never new a diety could die.

When your tradition dies you No long Exists. Tradition is Identity. That's why African Americans are the way they are, they have no Tradition and no Identity no Loyalty to their Race

2 Likes

Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:09am On Aug 04, 2015
Tolexander:
ya.

Oke Igbo after Ifetedo.
The first town in Ondo State after crossing the River boundary between Osun state and Ondo state.
That should be country home of D.O. Fagunwa. His works are centred on the forest of Oke-Igbo.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2015
ITbomb:
APC might rig it if it was an open election and a dullard would have emerged as the Ooni (god forbid!)
Rauf Aregbeshola is the person to choose a new ooni.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

In ur village or Ile-Ife?I know he will try to influence it bt I tell u he can't have way not in d "source"
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

In ur village or Ile-Ife?I know he will try to influence it bt I tell u he can't have way not in d "source"
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Dexema(m): 9:41am On Aug 04, 2015
Tolexander:
something I don't really understand.

I guess Oke Igbo has no King but Baale.

Very possible he was an Ooni(Head of Ife) and Baale of Oke Igbo (head of Oke Igbo).

Ooni Derin Ologbenla was a powerful king.

The Ologbenlas in Ife seem to have their village towards that side(Ifetedo Oke Igbo). Not really sure anyway.
The Ologbenlas in Oke-igbo are an extension of the the ruling house in Ife..More area.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by darediamond(m): 9:42am On Aug 04, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin "igbo irumole island"
Segadem:
Don't mind [b][/b]those people jare, they think we are living in Igbo irumole island.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:43am On Aug 04, 2015
Sinbad2:
The Governor of each state appoints traditional rulers. The present (or dead) Ooni, Okunade Sijuade was appointed by Governor Bola Ige of (Old) Oyo State in 1980.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by dapsonlou(m): 9:44am On Aug 04, 2015
Tolexander:
Ooni Adelekan (Olubuse 1) was the that first Ooni to travel out of Ife to Lagos to settle the dispute in Shagamu between Elepe and Awujale after being invited by the then Governor General. Not Ooni Derin Ologbenla.

Ooni Derin Ologbenla was the Son of Odudua, Generations before Adelekan. Ikorodu was not Lagos then.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:45am On Aug 04, 2015
emmanuel596:
I thought the idiots were denying the fact dat d nigga was dead
Did anybody affirm that the Ooni is dead in the OP? No. The Chief Priest used the word "if."
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Dexema(m): 9:47am On Aug 04, 2015
ojnnaco:

Does it mean this people even the so called chief priests can't even make consultation to determine whether the Ooni is still alive . Why keeping the People of Ife in Suspense or do this people think that the Ooni cannot die? Habaaaa
Can u imagine Cutting down trees(Probably economic trees ) just to honor who is already gown thereby empoverishing D people there ... am yet to understand the last statement which says.... the entire city of ife will be thrown into mourning ...i hope its not burying the Ooni with 7human heads ?
Just asking
I guess There's some process to announcing the death of the king, also inhabitants of the palace have to move their stuff so as not to risk losing them.
But most importantly some of these kings do die “momentarily“ and rumours of their death spread only for them to “return“ with the claim of just being ill.But this one has gone on for long enuf,I think the dude is really gone (waja).
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Dexema(m): 9:50am On Aug 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

The Governor of each state appoints traditional rulers. The present (or dead) Ooni, Okunade Sijuade was appointed by Governor Bola Ige of (Old) Oyo State in 1980.
Appointed not chosen smiley
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 9:51am On Aug 04, 2015
darediamond:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin "igbo irumole island"
Igbo irumole Island bawo ahahah whc one is Island na(I know Igbo Olodumare)may u mean Ogboju ode ninu igbo irunmole
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 9:53am On Aug 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Did anybody affirm that the Ooni is dead in the OP? No. The Chief Priest used the word "if."
Aregbe can appoint the king after HE(Ooni)might 've been chosen by (Ifa)king makers as the case maybe
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:54am On Aug 04, 2015
Dexema:

Appointed not chosen smiley
The kingmakers make recommendations. The emergence of anybody as the king rests with the Governor. That is the way it has been since the colonial days.
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by Sinbad2(m): 9:55am On Aug 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Of cos he can appoint after Ifa(king makers)might 've chosen who is rightful Ooni hp u get my fact right?
Re: How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest by ateke2(m): 9:56am On Aug 04, 2015
hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu / Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. / Oba Adewale Akanbi Drives His G-wagon In Canada. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.