Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card (3298 Views)

Man Punishes GTB For Deducting N275 From His Account / Unfair: See How Much I Was Charged Per Dollar (photos) / Cheated By GTB On Withdrawal On An ATM In Ghana.is This Fair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by davies123: 8:21am On Aug 04, 2015
I was charged 225 naira per $1 yesterday by GTB for buying online with my Naira Master card

is this a fair deal?If not can someone tell me which bank card offer a more reasonable deal

Please I need your input urgently as I am about to make another transaction today
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 04, 2015
thats shocking....
Were you shopping online? If so, you should have seen the total naira equivalent before checking out. So you could have left it.... unless you didn't have a choice

I always see the total naira equivalent before I checkout on Amazon.
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by davies123: 8:39am On Aug 04, 2015
nairalandist:
thats shocking....
Were you shopping online? If so, you should have seen the total naira equivalent before checking out. So you could have left it.... unless you didn't have a choice

I always see the total naira equivalent before I checkout on Amazon.

the site didnt show me the naira equivalent.i m a web designer so i bought a website template online and paid with my paypal account which is funded with by my gtb naira mastercard.
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by bedfordng(m): 8:54am On Aug 04, 2015
its high.its even more than black market rate.have not done any shopping online recently due to the dollar increasing rate this few days so i can't really tell much
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by davies123: 9:18am On Aug 04, 2015
bedfordng:
its high.its even more than black market rate.have not done any shopping online recently due to the dollar increasing rate this few days so i can't really tell much

Have used other banks for transaction and what do they charge?
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 04, 2015
davies123:

the site didnt show me the naira equivalent.i m a web designer so i bought a website template online and paid with my paypal account which is funded with by my gtb naira mastercard.

Oh i see.... well now you know wink
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by ifyalways(f): 9:58am On Aug 04, 2015
I am in same boat and I'm worried cos i have got lots of things to pay for online.

Yeterday Access Visa card charged me 225/USD. On friday GTB master card charged me 223/USD.

Dunno which bank and type of card to use to use again oo . Shiorrrrr sad
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by JAZES(m): 9:59am On Aug 04, 2015
Exactly same amount GT bank charged me yesterday but i heard stanbic debit card is the
only one that charges the normal 197 cbn rate
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by JAZES(m): 10:01am On Aug 04, 2015
ifyalways:
I am in same boat and I'm worried cos i have got lots of things to pay for online.

Yeterday Access Visa card charged me 225/USD. On friday GTB master card charged me 223/USD.

Try stanbic, they charge 197, i have a friend using it. Henceforth , any payment am making goes to d guy
to help me do it.
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by ifyalways(f): 10:14am On Aug 04, 2015
JAZES:

Try stanbic, they charge 197, i have a friend using it. Henceforth , any payment am making goes to d guy
to help me do it.
Thanks. Stanbic visa or master card ?
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by ifyalways(f): 10:16am On Aug 04, 2015
JAZES:
Exactly same amount GT bank charged me yesterday but i heard[b] stanbic debit card[/b] is the
only one that charges the normal 197 cbn rate
Seen.Thanks a million. Will try that and report back here. smiley
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by JAZES(m): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2015
ifyalways:

I sincerely dont know which of dem but i will find out
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by blank(f): 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
ifyalways:

Use Standard Chartered or Stanbic. Those 2 banks give reasonable rates. I used my Stanchart on Saturday and was charged N199 and now dollar rate is going down so it should be better. Visa cards.
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by dav8id(m): 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
Guys cut the long story..go for Stanbic IBTC and thank me later
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by JAZES(m): 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
blank:

Use Standard Chartered or Stanbic. Those 2 banks give reasonable rates. I used my Stanchart on Saturday and was charged N199 and now dollar rate is going down so it should be better. Visa cards.

Stanbic here i come.... cool cool cool
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
I make use of GTB Dollar Visa Card cool

I dont even know what rates are being applied as i'm charged in dollar.. cheesy
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by mavinc4u(f): 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
Stanbic was charging N199.5 but they are charging N207 at the moment because of the new policy of no deposit of dollar to dormicialiary account

blank:

Please can you use try using the standard chart today and let's see what the rate is.
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by blank(f): 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
mavinc4u:
Stanbic was charging N199.5 but they are charging N207 at the moment because of the new policy of no deposit of dollar to dormicialiary account

Please can you use try using the standard chart today and let's see what the rate is.

Nah. Won't be able to as i don't have any USD transaction to make. But i think they have some sort of congruence with Stanbic. So if Stanbic raised their rates, then StanChart would most probably have done same.
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by bedfordng(m): 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
davies123:

Have used other banks for transaction and what do they charge?
i have not done any online transaction recently
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by davies123: 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
coolsix:
I make use of GTB Dollar Visa Card cool

I dont even know what rates are being applied as i'm charged in dollar.. cheesy
but u have to buy dollar notes from the black market to be able to fund your visa card ....buying dollars is very expensive and besides banks are reject foreign note deposits
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by bamaxopem: 10:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
Diamond bank visa card is okay. its what av bin using almost everyday since last week for my online purchase. they charge btw 200 - 204.
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by Nobody: 3:55am On Aug 05, 2015
davies123:

but u have to buy dollar notes from the black market to be able to fund your visa card ....buying dollars is very expensive and besides banks are reject foreign note deposits

I do not buy dollar from black market. In fact, i am even having excess $ dollar i started my own small BDC for naira in my office area. sad

I buy the dollar online
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by sluvy4tune(m): 5:38am On Aug 05, 2015
ifyalways:

Note: Stanbic now charges 207 as at yesterday
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by shawn5ng(m): 6:22am On Aug 05, 2015
What is Ecobank and Zenith charging. Can someone update us.
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by LoisSanamo(f): 10:24am On Aug 05, 2015
How much is UBA charging? Pls I need update.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by needinfo: 11:43am On Aug 05, 2015
blank:

is it savings account or they have card account for it such as uba africard
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by needinfo: 11:53am On Aug 05, 2015
coolsix:

I do not buy dollar from black market. In fact, i am even having excess $ dollar i started my own small BDC for naira in my office area. sad

I buy the dollar online
please where do you purchase it online. Is it automatic transfer or you pay the person online while they transfer to you.
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
needinfo:
please where do you purchase it online. Is it automatic transfer or you pay the person online while they transfer to you.

The company Wire it to my domiciliary account. Though the charges are a bit high.

I fund the account with my naira card and perform a wire to my domiciliary account

see: https://emiratepayments.com/webapps/srv/collection

I also use Perfect Money. I purchase Perfect Money and then Wire to my domiciliary account.

Buying dollar has never been easy. For Perfect Money, i use http://24pay.me/en/pmviawire

I also use neteller, so many methods smiley

If you cannot go through those hassles.... I can help you buy the dollar online
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by blank(f): 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
needinfo:
is it savings account or they have card account for it such as uba africard

I don't know about prepaid cards. I have a current account with them which is what i used.
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by arbitrage: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
GTBank charged my card N229 last week but Union charged my card today at N239.33
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by arbitrage: 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
coolsix:

The company Wire it to my domiciliary account. Though the charges are a bit high.

I fund the account with my naira card and perform a wire to my domiciliary account

see: https://emiratepayments.com/webapps/srv/collection

I also use Perfect Money. I purchase Perfect Money and then Wire to my domiciliary account.

Buying dollar has never been easy. For Perfect Money, i use http://24pay.me/en/pmviawire

I also use neteller, so many methods smiley

If you cannot go through those hassles.... I can help you buy the dollar online

I tried to register merchant account with LHPay but they cancelled the application before I could upload all company documents required. I can't even recall my personal account's details so as to use that instead but it seems some of the stuff they asked from the merchants are not aimed at Nigerian user/merchant.
Re: I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
arbitrage:

I tried to register merchant account with LHPay but they cancelled the application before I could upload all company documents required. I can't even recall my personal account's details so as to use that instead but it seems some of the stuff they asked from the merchants are not aimed at Nigerian user/merchant.

What kind of "stuff" ?

And regarding your merchant account registration, you can submit a new application

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Video Animation On Nl / Why Entrepreneurs And Small Scale Business Fail In Nigeria– Tips For Success / WE PAY YOU FOR INTRODUCING US TO BUILDERS ♨

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.