Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. (31059 Views)

Where Are The Baby DADDIES To Celebrate? The Weaker Sex Indeed! / Things I Am Seeing In Guest House, Women are not to be trusted / Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men Should Do About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by 5minsmadness: 11:55am On Aug 04, 2015
Women are the weaker sex. This is common knowledge although in recent times feminism and other male apologist groups have tried to blur this fact in order to paint a more politically correct picture for the sake of 'equality' which is all the rave in the modern world right now.

But the truth is that women are the weaker sex and below are just a few reasons.

Muscle mass: Men naturally have more muscle mass than women with the average woman having just up to 52% as much muscle mass and thus strength as the average man.

Muscle number: Men have more muscles than women. this again translates to increased physical strength on the part of the man as compared to his female counterpart . The Journal of applied physiology records that men have an average of 72.6pounds of muscle as compared to 46.2 pounds of muscle in women.

Blood levels: Men have a higher PCV(blood level) than women. 40-52% in men as compared to women 35-47%. Note that erythropoietin which is responsible for production of blood is equal in both sexes.

Testosterone: For those who have not heard of this hormone before, it is what makes a man a man. It is responsible for strength, enhanced sex drive, aggressiion and decisive action. It is sixteen times higher in males than females. Nuff said.

The act of Reproduction: In the actof sex, no matter the position you want to take, females are the receptors, the receptive ones, while males are the invaders, their actions are invasive. This is a main reason why the older laws were hesitant about accepting that males can be raped as well because male rape cannot be seen as being physically invasive. Of course such arguments have been quelled since the introduction of the DiIdo and Strap=on which are actually designed to represent the male genitals which again supports male dominance.

Brain size: The average male brain is 10%larger than that of the female and this lends support to the fact that men have a higher visual-spatial ability, cognition and navigation. Males also excel at quantitative problem solving, and mental rotation, or tasks involving the underlying cognitive processes of maintaining and manipulating a visual image in working memory .
However this does not mean that females are dumb, and the pacifist argument of if brain size was what mattered then elephants would be the ones ruling the world came up. Of course this argument does not negate the cognitive abilities of the male as indicated above but was placed as a kind of pacification for feminists and the female of the species in general.

There are other differences that show the male is the stronger of the species but I will like to stop here as I have a lecture to attend.

What does this mean for us males?
If women are the weaker of the species then we have a responsibility to take care of them. We have a responsibilty to love and protect them, not lord it over them or maltreat or beat them. Policies should be put in place that consider the females frail state and not policies to encourage the delusion that men and women are the same.
We should be seen to be taking care of our mothers, sisters and daughters and paying particular attention to them because our strentgth is our resposibity as men. Fathers should be the administrators and protectors and guardians of the family unit and not laid back or wating for the woman to bring home the bacon while the man sits on his lazy ass. It is the woman's duty to cater to the home front, true. But it is the man's duty to ensure that that home front is condusive enough for the woman to live in happily and cater to contentedly.

Thank you.

http://homepages.luc.edu/~hweiman/GenderDiffs.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8477683
http://www.livestrong.com/article/246036-how-much-more-muscle-mass-does-a-male-have-than-a-female/
https://www.healthcare.uiowa.edu/path_handbook/rhandbook/test955.html

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by 5minsmadness: 11:56am On Aug 04, 2015
This is a new thread as the other was hopelessly derailed. Mods will ban anyone who attempts to derail this thread. Culprits should take note.
Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by 5minsmadness: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2015
Cc coogar
Coogaluta
Timbuktou
Cococandy
Bukatyne
Tearoses
Moana
Crackhaus
Lilmax
Hahn
Lezz
LordReed
TV01
Dinachi
Sambarry
MarvellousGod
And other responsible and mature folk. Your views on this pls.
Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by SAMBARRY: 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
You no dey taya for all this your sexist thread. Man vs women issh etc

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by thorpido(m): 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
Are all men stronger than all women?

4 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
...And that's how I secured a courtside seat at the premiere of WWIII.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by 5minsmadness: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
thorpido:
Are all men stronger than all women?
Nature works with ranges. There must always be an abnormality in the group. But on average men are stronger than women.

3 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by thorpido(m): 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

Nature works with ranges. There must always be an abnormality in the group. But on average men are stronger than women.
Most men are physically stronger than women.That's a fact.
In our contemporary world today,with the advent of technology,it's possible to get many things done without moving much of your muscles.

11 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
There's always an abnormality

For example: On a normal day, Usain bolt and most male runners, will run faster than Sheryl-Ann Fraser-Pryce.

So, any man that can't run faster than Sheryl-Ann Fraser-Pryce is abnormal?

This thread is dead on arrival!

13 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by LordReed(m): 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

What does this mean for us males?
If women are the weaker of the species then we have a responsibility to take care of them. We have a responsibilty to love and protect them, not lord it over them or maltreat or beat them. Policies should be put in place that consider the females frail state and not policies to encourage the delusion that men and women are the same.
We should be seen to be taking care of our mothers, sisters and daughters and paying particular attention to them because our strentgth is our resposibity as men. Fathers should be the administrators and protectors and guardians of the family unit and not laid back or wating for the woman to bring home the bacon while the man sits on his lazy ass. It is the woman's duty to cater to the home front, true. But it is the man's duty to ensure that that home front is condusive enough for the woman to live in happily and cater to contentedly.

Thank you.

http://homepages.luc.edu/~hweiman/GenderDiffs.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8477683
http://www.livestrong.com/article/246036-how-much-more-muscle-mass-does-a-male-have-than-a-female/
https://www.healthcare.uiowa.edu/path_handbook/rhandbook/test955.html

Hmmm, I agree that the man is the stronger of the two physically and because of this traditionally the men have always been in the forefront but I see that in our "evolution" as a society we are recreating the paradigm as we refine our science and technology. Ways in which it was only possible for the physically strong to be prominent are being switched for ways in which the intellectually strong are now at the forefront. Women are no longer limited by their physical strength and can achieve as much success as their male counterparts. On the homefront as co-providers due to the nature of economics now, neither man or woman wants/needs to sit back at home. The need for economic resource has made "professional" care providers both necessary and desired unburdening parents especially mothers of the need to be tied to the home. How favourable this state of affairs is/will be is dependent on how we choose to navigate this developing paradigm but be sure that the traditional view of strength is changing.

12 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by 5minsmadness: 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
thorpido:
Most men are physically stronger than women.That's a fact.
In our contemporary world today,with the advent of technology,it's possible to get many things done without moving much of your muscles.
This still doesn't remove from the fact that men are stronger than women. Technology has simply made things easier for both sexes yet you will agree with me that men still are the majority in taking menial jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by thorpido(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

This still doesn't remove from the fact that men are stronger than women. Technology has simply made things easier for both sexes yet you will agree with me that men still are the majority in taking menial jobs.
Well,maybe women don't want menial jobs.

6 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by DollyParton1(f): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
wisdomiskey:

for yuh mind now, yuh tink
say yuh dey make senze
hahahahaha grin

d only peeeple dat
support yuh stewwpid comments are:

1. yuh alternate accountz,
2. jobless teenagers lyk yuhself
3. cococandy d famous DUNCE.

But why are you writing like this?
Is it hard to spell correctly or what?

13 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by DollyParton1(f): 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
It would be very foolish to assume that physical weakness relates to all round weakness.
Most jobs these days require cognitive reasoning.
You need to see some women in their zones/fields, you will be left speechless.

15 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by wisdomiskey(m): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
DollyParton1:

But why are you writing like this?
Is it hard to spell correctly or what?

i have 2 write in a way majority of
peeeple on diz site can understand

most of peeple on dis site r
uneducated teenagerZ
Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by DollyParton1(f): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
wisdomiskey:

i have 2 write in a way majority of
peeeple on diz site can understand

most of peeple on dis site r
uneducated teenagerZ

Your mode of writing could make you easily pass for one of those uneducated teenagers.

12 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by wisdomiskey(m): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
DollyParton1:

Your mode of writing could make you easily pass for one of those uneducated teenagers.

nd yuh understood wat im
sayin, meaning yuh are one too! wink

1 Like

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by 5minsmadness: 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
DollyParton1:
It would be very foolish to assume that physical weakness relates to all round weakness.
Most jobs these days require cognitive reasoning.
You need to see some women in their zones/fields, you will be left speechless.

The topic discussed other areas apart from physical weakness. Even in cognitive reasoning males are superior. This doesn't mean women are dumb, as a matter of fact women thrive a lot in jobs requiring their thinking faculties. However feminism will have us believe men and women are exactly the same of which they are not. At least not physically, biologically or psychologically.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
wisdomiskey:

for yuh mind now, yuh tink say yuh dey make senze hahahahaha grin
d only peeeple dat support yuh stewwpid comments are:
1. yuh alternate accountz, 2. jobless teenagers lyk yuhself 3. cococandy d famous DUNCE.
Ishilove, Lalasticlala...
Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by DollyParton1(f): 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

The topic discussed other areas apart from physical weakness. Even in cognitive reasoning males are superior. This doesn't mean women are dumb, as a matter of fact women thrive a lot in jobs requiring their thinking faculties. However feminism will have us believe men and women are exactly the same of which they are not. At least not physically, biologically or psychologically.

Feminism is fighting for equal treatment.
You don't get to treat a woman less because you believe she is of different built or constituents than a man.
Dang!!!! It seems a lot of people dont understand what feminism is actually about.

13 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by 5minsmadness: 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
DollyParton1:

Feminism is fighting for equal treatment.
You don't get to treat a woman less because you believe she is of different built or constituents than a man.
Dang!!!! It seems a lot of people dont understand what feminism is actually about.
Maybe I don't.
All I know about feminists is thier talent for rudeness and disrespecting men at the slightest inclination.

I could be wrong.
So let me ask you

Are u a feminist?

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

I thought feminism was about equal rights and opportunity?

12 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by 5minsmadness: 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
LordReed:

I thought feminism was about equal rights and opportunity?

If that's all then why are they always so bitter? What's equal rights in demanding for divorce at the drop of a hat or breaking men's urinals or calling all men dogs?

If feminism was all about equal rights alone I doubt most males would have anything against them.

5 Likes

Re: Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. by LordReed(m): 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

If that's all then why are they always so bitter? What's equal rights in demanding for divorce at the drop of a hat or breaking men's urinals or calling all men dogs?

If feminism was all about equal rights alone I doubt most males would have anything against them.

The "feminazi"? I assumed those have other issues they want addressed but the core drive was for equal rights and oppurtunity. Who should pay for dinner imo is not part of that drive.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Don't Have Any Female Friends Again Because Of My Wife / I Made My Ex-girlfriend(who Is Now A Single Mother) A Deal, Would You Take It ? / Missing Person Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.