Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request (34788 Views)

Kwara State Civil Servant Charged To Court For Criticizing Bukola Saraki On FB / Remi Tinubu Writes Saraki And Oyegun Over Row With Dino Melaye / Dr Saraki On A Visit To Governor Okorocha (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has written to the senate
seeking approval for a $75 million loan from the World Bank
for the Edo state government.

“I am writing to seek the consideration of the national
assembly of Nigeria on approval of a request by the Edo
state government to obtain a $75 million credit facility from
the World Bank,” the president wrote in a letter read on the
floor of the upper chamber by Bukola Saraki, senate
president, on Tuesday.

“You may wish to know that the World Bank had approved a
Development Policy Programme (DPO) loan budget support
for the total sum of $225 million to the Edo state
government in 2012 to be implemented in three tranches of
$75 million per annum.

“The first tranche was approved by the national assembly in
the 2012-2014 federal government external borrowing plan.
“The programme has since been successfully implemented
by the state in 2014. Following this success, the bank’s
board of executive directors approved the second tranche.

“DPO 2, on April 29, 2015. The DPO 2 was captured in the
federal government external ruling borrowing plan of
2014-2017, which is pending with the national assembly.

“It is for the above reason that I seek your favour to
facilitate the consideration and approval of the Development
Policy Operation 2 (DPO2) loan of $75 million to enable the
state to consolidate on the first tranche of the operation.”

On Saturday, TheCable reported that the World Bank loan
was being stalled by the unending row between Buhari and
Saraki.

For World Bank to grant the development loan, the president
was required to write the senate. However, the letter was
written by Danladi Kifasi, the head of service, and addressed
to the senate president. The senate refused to act on it,
instead writing back to Kifasi to pointing out the procedural
error.

https://www.thecable.ng/finally-buhari-writes-saraki-75m-edo-loan

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by kennyman2000(m): 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
Baba knows what he's doing.. he cant just seek approval for such loan without having the plan of giving it a follow up of how its spent...

Take it or leave it... #BABAISWATCHING

You spend it anyhow.. EFCC is coming to you.. before you know it.. you find yourself in USA treating malaria in a bid to evade arrest..

check my signature for ur customised wristband.

35 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by GudluckIBB(m): 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
This will not help saraki,he must go down for betraying APC

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by KunleBoye: 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
Chai,, money don come for that fine gal

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by Dbboy(m): 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
so oshomole could use it to feed his wife.

60 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by Brightology2(m): 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
$75 million? Na wa o.it is well even inside d well

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by dammytosh: 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
Chai

No wonder the girl greee grin grin

She must have heard about the deal

LOVE IS WICKED. wink wink wink grin grin

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by MizMyColi(f): 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
smiley
It is good to hear that things are moving as they ought to be between the legislative and executive arm.
I am not so much concerned of the content as I am of the tone which conveys the message.
Nice one.

Btw, what about the case brought against Saraki on election fraud in Kwara central?
Why isn't anyone saying anything, or is that propaganda too?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by ibietela2(m): 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
[size=30pt]I DON'T CARE[/size]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by Khoded1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ok ooooo.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by donholy28(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
See as dem wan loot our money...issh alright

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by ishiamu(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
I wonder who helped the dullard write this letter, hes tryna steal money for his cattles through oshiomole we all know

When an illiterate rules the nation suffers

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by owen4u(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
cryn
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by dannex(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Saraki may not approve it

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by vickie1900(f): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
We don hear
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Now I know why Oshio has been attacking Ngo Baby all d while...Simply cos Ngo refused to approve dis loan for him.

He resorted to been a finance spokesman for Bubu just to get favor for a loan.

Anyway, now I guess we wouldn't be hearing any more noise from him concerning Ngo Baby. His longterm wish has been granted.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Too much politics on nairaland is giving me headaches

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by zicoraads: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Dollar rain for Lara cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by UnknownT: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Now Oshiomole will stop "shouting". He became the new Information/Propaganda minister because of this loan.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by StRichard(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by Mega005(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ebyce:
OK that is d reasons of Oshomole suffering from d diarrhea of mouth!!!

Tanoids.. Receive wisdom!
PassingShot:
[size=14pt]It's a fact that Nairaland is full of teenagers and semi-literates! [/size]

E.g barcanistan, temitemi and this guy below

UnknownT:
Now Oshiomole will stop "shouting". He became the new Information/Propaganda minister because of this loan.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by ajbabs(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by admax(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
Oshiomole if you like don't utilise these lean properly, posterity will judge you.

I really don't think it's right for Governors to borrow money that will be serviced through the Monthly Allocation from the Federal Government! They have borrowed money for our grand children.....this nonsense most stop until each state can sustains itself through IGR.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by Drsheddy(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
That's big money. I hope they make use of it judiciously cool
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by Mega005(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
Adam oshimole my big bros, I Dey come Edo oo. no wonder people they tell me say we resemble..

Even my wife just now now now after reading the post said why she know see say I resemble oshibaba for over 5years.

My uncle from another mama.. I dey come Edo ooo!!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by Ezenwammadu(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
75 million

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by baralatie(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
this is a trap loan!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
J
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by superior1: 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by charlydamianpat(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
oya make i see weda sarathief no go approve dis wan abi who born monkey na. u av been messing up with everyone, abeg na beg i beg u in d name of God, just say NO and see urself disgraced on dat seat. yeye president of dumbs.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request by OAMMB(f): 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
Loans loans...Nigeria is broke.
When will Osun and Imo state get their own?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Aba Town Hall Meeting (Photos) / EFCC Replies Twitter User Who Said They Tweet Like Kids / Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Should Have Done – Al-mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.