Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,764 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Action Congress Party Disturbance On Lagos: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Action Congress Party Disturbance On Lagos: (1216 Views)

Boko Haram: NSA Warns Of Likely Attack On Lagos Ports / Churches And Their Disturbance / Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Action Congress Party Disturbance On Lagos: by MAligbe(m): 10:53am On Sep 28, 2006
I was disapointed at the organisation of the rally yesterday on Lagos Island. It is a shame that people who are trying to be voted into offices by the public could cause so much pain on the thesame public. I have some questions:

1. Could'nt they do the rally on a weekend?

2. Does it mean that the organisers didnt think of the environmental impact of such an activity on a working day?

3. How will they rule, if they couldnt consider such little details in their own rally?

The rally was marred by thugs, fighting and looting. Alot of inncoent citizens lost Handsets, Bags etc.

Alot even had to work from Victoria Island to the mainland.

There are rumours that some people died in a fight.

Action Congress, you have in your own way, shown the public how much you care about their welfare.
Re: Action Congress Party Disturbance On Lagos: by omofineboy(m): 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2006
u seem partisan, rallies are like that, they should just have organized it in a more meaningful and peaceful, no law says rallies should be held on a particular day, mind u am not a politician and wont be one.
Re: Action Congress Party Disturbance On Lagos: by Chxta(m): 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2006
I gather that it took people 3 hours to move from Lagos to VI! shocked
Re: Action Congress Party Disturbance On Lagos: by whytee(f): 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2006
i left lekki by 2.30pm and got home by 10.30pm.
Re: Action Congress Party Disturbance On Lagos: by MAligbe(m): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2006
Omofineboy: Their lack of good ogarnisation is my concern. There is no law that stipulates the days to hold rallies but the impact on the people should be taken very seriously. People had important meetings, engagements etc. I tell you they lost some votes on that day.

Partisan? Hell No!!!

(1) (Reply)

Independence Anniversary Special: Where Do You See Nigeria In 2027 ? / Favorite Moule / Who Will Save Anambra State And Nigeria At Large?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.