Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,320 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area (86305 Views)

This Snake Was Killed This Morning After Spending The Night In Our House / Snake That Was Killed At My Mum's Bar This Morning (pictures) / Look At The Snake My Younger Brother Killed This Night At His Door Step (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by ONIjibit1(m): 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
ladyF:
Ewwww this is scary and disgusting.

Say NO to animal brutality. When I see snakes, I catch them and take them to the zoo. Emulate [size=15pt]LadyF [/size] and save our animals grin
Now I know you are possessed with Mamiwater spirit.....

E be like say u get space for zoo sef #lol
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Dindondin(m): 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
ladyF:

Say NO to animal brutality. When I see snakes, I catch them and take them to the zoo. Emulate [size=15pt]LadyF [/size] and save our animals grin
Yes, say no to animal brutality.
But you can see that those guys might not v tools to capture that alakonda (anaconda)
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by haibe(m): 11:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
Irunmole:
So backward and uneducated in Nigeria and Africa about conserving and protecting nature and other inhabitants of our ecosystem. That was a non poisonous reticulated python that was simply doing what comes as second nature to it, hunt for food, that those illiterates ignorantly killed and ate. What cruelty, what a shame, what revulsion?! Europeans, Asians and other races and societies conserve whereas Africa and its horde of ignoramus citizens and peoples only know how to maim, kill, consume and destroy.
non poisonous-YES, non-dangerous-NO... They are constrictors that can kill you when the need arises.. if they are not dangerous, they will be termed domestic animals

7 Likes

Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Adeyinka12(m): 11:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
It's harmless but how come it harm
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by chidi2pus(m): 11:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
ilobasama:
Its not poisonous but dangerous as it can squeeze, kill and swallow its victim. What was it doing in a residential area, its not as if these guys entered the jungle to hunt it nau. Why are u all talking about killing our animals and so on. It is dangerous, it could have been a small child in place of that lamb you know

I said it could have been returned to a nearby wildlife sanctuary

1 Like

Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
Lucky it didn't go into someone's house and swallow a sleeping child...later they'd say a child is missing!
Anyway, we can never run short of Snakes in Nigeria...if there are so many in Lagos as seen from popular threads in the past weeks, i can imagine how much more in the sparsely inhabited savannahs and swamps not really conducive for human habitation.

1 Like

Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Dubem13: 11:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
ladyF:

you are saving snakes? Ibu onye ara
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Irunmole(m): 11:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
WarRLaY:
mayb if that snake had swallowed a child, u will still think about taking it to the zoo, by the way, do Nigeria law protect animals, because u are just spilling trash and comparing Nigeria to other countries, As if you can meet that type of snake inside your house u gonna pet it and call it broda python
I shudder at the thought of me trying to reason with and educate someone with such immature and underdeveloped mind like yourself,. Yes, there are laws protecting wildlife in Nigeria. The problem with the country and its citizens is that the enforcement of such laws, like most laws in the country is next to nothing and is exactly why there's pervasive wanton lawlessness everywhere. Please educate yourself, and learn more about issues before jumping headlong into drawing conclusions. I would gladly protect and redirect such harmless and magnificent creature elsewhere where it poses no harm to man where it can live and breathe the same air in peace, just like you, a one-grain brain ignorant buffoon . By the way, I live in a country and society where nature and wildlife are admired and valued for their beauty, and the enrichment of the lives of the people and society as a whole.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by shamecurls(m): 11:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
[size=18pt]Chai! Egusi soup! [/size]
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
How many people will see snake in their house and think of conservation...no be person wey dey alive fit conserve...or does the snake feel the same way about any other creature it comes across

4 Likes

Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
If you are a muslim o,but umbelievers dnt mind to eat it anyway,its is one of the forbidden meat to eat,as it is wild/carnivorous,the only good meat for human consumption is animal that feeds on herbs/grass.
meshacha1:
Pls is it ideal to eat snake?

1 Like

Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by ibolomo(m): 11:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
meshacha1:
See rosting of snake like goat..... pls avoid the venom oh.... imagine a neighbour eating snake meat prepared in pepper soup without knowing?
How will he react after been told what he just finished eating is snake pepper soup?

The snake is non-venomous. It looks like a reticulated python or anaconda. Buh wait, anacondasonly live in swamps and creeks... op, where do you live?
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by toprealman: 11:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
Emmaesty:
This is damn scary if I was there, I would have died of fear. *checks windows, ceiling and under the bed, then goes to bed shiverring* I just hope I don't have nightmares
BF ALERT?
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by ibolomo(m): 12:00am On Aug 05, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Anaconda, the smooth skin is characteristic

Looks more like a reticulated python to me. #justsaying.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by IDEE4GOD(m): 12:01am On Aug 05, 2015
Pls pple let's not deceive ourselves dat snake no be airport Dem kill ham Jare. If I may ask does the snake kill the ram? And is the ram for pepper soup aswell? I don miss abule Imuta o. Snake dey sweet wellar
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by IDEE4GOD(m): 12:03am On Aug 05, 2015
gmyguy:
How many people will see snake in their house and think of conservation...no be person wey dey alive fit conserve...or does the snake feel the same way about any other creature it comes across
I gbadun u joo
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Irunmole(m): 12:08am On Aug 05, 2015
haibe:
non poisonous-YES, non-dangerous-NO... They are constrictors that can kill you when the need arises.. if they are not dangerous, they will be termed domestic animals

Your "domestic animal" is still a dangerous animal that can kill and maim without any reason other than on inbred instinct as a wild but tame animal. Remember, your Alsatian dog, "bingo" or jack" is a tame Wolf that can turn around and maul you or your loved one to death in an instant. Sound qualitative education is priceless, spend some time and money to acquire it for better understanding of the matter being talked about.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 05, 2015
Waoo,what a long snake,didn't know it would be food for the belly though.

www.frankenabulele..com
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by sahm4u2nv(m): 12:13am On Aug 05, 2015
Emmaesty:
This is damn scary if I was there, I would have died of fear. *checks windows, ceiling and under the bed, then goes to bed shiverring* I just hope I don't have nightmares
On top wetin?

1 Like

Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by VickyRotex(f): 12:15am On Aug 05, 2015
NemzySeries:

ekiti peepz staying in Lag & reping deir Govt abi grin

cheesy I no talk so o! undecided
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by millionaireman: 12:19am On Aug 05, 2015
Ikaosunwon:

It followed though the bush b4 it was caught, & about the lamb, there was smoke b4 fire.

Before, you said people RAN after the snake in order to kill it. But now you say it followed through the Bush b4 it was caught. So you are not saying the truth. I tell ya, that was a specie of python that is not harmless and moves with the speed of tortoise.

You still do not want to tell how your snake killed the ram. Again, I tell ya, that python is not the type that strangles its huge prey to swallow it. That specie of python feeds on slower and harmless animals.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by TIDDOLL(m): 12:26am On Aug 05, 2015
chuna1985:
That's a boa constrictor/python.
undecidedboa constrictor/python!!!...na mixed breed?...haba...dude..na python!!...rock or Burmese..perhaps.reticulated..depends on d pattern of d skin.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 05, 2015
I remember when i was in boarding school in FGC Ogbomoso...someday like that, some farmers cutting bush found a Python digesting its meal. This happens to be their most vulnerable moment, the best and easiest time to kill a snake, Heck you can open a beer, and the snake will be looking at you like mumu, except it regurgitates that meal.

Anyway, so they killed this mumu Python, cos it was too stuffed to do anything. Inside that Python, they found another Python. And inside that, they found another smaller Python!!!...true story, and inside that Python, they found a big Bush Rat....That's 3 Snakes and a Rat..or 2 Snakes, can't remember exactly, but it was wierd...and they roasted them all, except the digested Snake.

They also caught some bush Rats, so they gave some students the tail to eat...including me, gosh, didn't realise that was condescending until now!

1 Like

Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by mickey45: 12:40am On Aug 05, 2015
Crieff:
That's humongous!

Really!!! What's up with all these snakes people keep seeing everywhere?

Their habitats keep being cleared for "estates" this is how the developed countries started, till their descendants now have to pay to see a handful of those "common" animals alive.

I'm no longer surprised when kids who attended "posh" boarding schools get hyper-excited when they see a live goat on visiting less urban areas of the town.

Heard of a 19-20 year old girl who got busy snapping pictures when she saw a she-goat strolling about d first time she got to LAUTECH for post-utme.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by olawoyintolani: 12:46am On Aug 05, 2015
hey!!!!!!!! shaking my head... www.newsnigeria247..com
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Nemesis99(m): 12:46am On Aug 05, 2015
ladyF:

mehn! u this babe can lie to the extent that if one calls u a liar it shld be an insult to the word itself. u are a liey

1 Like

Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by odogwueast: 12:52am On Aug 05, 2015
It tast like chicken
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 05, 2015
The snake strangled the cattle only?and u guys killed it...

MeN are wicked!!!
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by azzima(m): 2:00am On Aug 05, 2015
EddyNumerouno:
While other countries are generating revenue from wildlife tourism, we are busy eating our limited wild animals... smh. Maybe we'll all rest only when cattle, dogs and cats are the only animals we have left. And I'm not sure about dogs in some regions lipsrsealed
mister man!!!....Any animal that is dangerous to human lives must certainly be killed before it kills anyone.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by 190theclown: 2:06am On Aug 05, 2015
Nigeria sha grin grin grin

LWKMD grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area by Rhea(f): 2:14am On Aug 05, 2015
[size=18pt]See serious protein oo[/size] grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

«««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» / Corpse Of Woman Buried 14-years-ago In Epe, Lagos Found Same Way It Was. Photo / Two Hungry Snakes Tear A Frog To Pieces And Eat It Alive (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.