Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? (4103 Views)

Man Pictured Breastfeeding His Newborn Baby. Is This Healthy? / Banker Arrested For Battering Wife After Sex Denial For Two Years (pics) / My Baby Is A Year Old Today. Celebrate With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by julie89(f): 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
I have tried evrything I know,she doesn't like eating only likes taking ribena....what can I give to her?
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by Immanueladebol(m): 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
Try the nearest hospital/pharmacy

1 Like

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by jamex93(m): 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
Give am supper appetite

She must enter kichen go carry food by ha self

4 Likes

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by Melahou(m): 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hope you don't add much pepper in her meal.
Try giving her golden mourn and flakes
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by Mrbigman1(m): 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
Give her supplements, it might help make her want to eat. Ask your mum or elderly or maybe a doctor
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by Melahou(m): 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
jamex93:
Give am supper appetite

She must enter kichen go carry food by ha self

Thought that's suppose to be for adult
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by Heromaniaa: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
after giving her multivitamin, givam beta okra soup and tiny morsels of akpu. if ur baby no eat run go register for catering school. your culinary skills may be overtly deficient. #okbye

1 Like

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by jamex93(m): 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
Melahou:

Thought that's suppose to be for adult

Give him half of 1 tablet
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by julie89(f): 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
Melahou:
Hope you don't add much pepper in her meal.
Try giving her golden mourn and flakes
yeah I have given her golden mole,it made her stool quite hard so I stoped and started giving her nutriben,she takes it a little,now I mash potato n egg for her to be eating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by julie89(f): 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
Heromaniaa:
after giving her multivitamin, givam beta okra soup and tiny morsels of akpu. if ur baby no eat run go register for catering school. your culinary skills may be overtly deficient. #okbye
aite dearshe is already taking pharmaton kiddi,I give her okro and semovita,maybe I will try akpu....thanks
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by Dannan: 11:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
Don't give her too heavy food, try to find out what she likes, every child had a fav food, besides, from experience, eating together with children helps them eat better, plus you'll bond with your daughter, then take that ribena away from her, let her realize that no food, no ribena, I hope it works.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by okirewaju(f): 7:20am On Aug 05, 2015
You have to be experimental. Make soft moi-moi with lot of crayfish and little pepper for her

Mash boiled yam and palm oil, give her boiled egg with very soft boiled rice and butter.

Make meal time fun-time, create different songs for meal time or give her cartoon to watch to distract her and you also have to be patient. E.t.c.

1 Like

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by smadalove(f): 10:58am On Aug 05, 2015
when you are eating, make her eat nytin u r eating,even if she takes 1 spoon n stop ..leave her ..don't force her ,after 30 mins or 1hrs give her sumtin else again..just do dat every 1hr...my baby did d same she s nt yet 2yrs...but I give her food every 1hr wit diff meal..nw she s beta ...u cud mke d ribenna very very watery as in nt sweet.. she ll nt take it again...but if u keep d ribenna 4rm her ..she wud stress u n make sure she doesn't eat @ all... if u wat her to dance to ur tune..den u ll do wat she wats abit.

4 Likes

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by 1miccza: 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
julie89:
yeah I have given her golden mole,it made her stool quite hard so I stoped and started giving her nutriben,she takes it a little,now I mash potato n egg for her to be eating

Hi. I've just responded to your pm

1 Like

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by gidjah(m): 4:14am On Aug 25, 2015
You obviously didnt start well with her,you wanna make her another indomie generation abi?ensure your next child goes on baby friendly for 12+straight months,after then go for solids,she wont be asking for this juices again and health will be so perfect.First daughter had 18month babymama friendly(strucked d deal with my spouse),she was really chubby and got lots of gifts from both federal and state hospital,she came second in a baby contest in FCT then.We went straight for solids after 18months incubation,and now she is ok,very healthy,never ill,very bold and intelligent too.her position in sch ranges between 1st and 4th.Its all been God sha.

2 Likes

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by julie89(f): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2015
smadalove:
when you are eating, make her eat nytin u r eating,even if she takes 1 spoon n stop ..leave her ..don't force her ,after 30 mins or 1hrs give her sumtin else again..just do dat every 1hr...my baby did d same she s nt yet 2yrs...but I give her food every 1hr wit diff meal..nw she s beta ...u cud mke d ribenna very very watery as in nt sweet.. she ll nt take it again...but if u keep d ribenna 4rm her ..she wud stress u n make sure she doesn't eat @ all... if u wat her to dance to ur tune..den u ll do wat she wats abit.
yeah thnks a lot ,she is responding gradually
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by julie89(f): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2015
Congrats to your daughter,I did baby friendly for 6month before emabarking on solids,iwas even thinking maybe dats what made her not to be eating well
gidjah:
You obviously didnt start well with her,you wanna make her another indomie generation abi?ensure your next child goes on baby friendly for 12+straight months,after then go for solids,she wont be asking for this juices again and health will be so perfect.First daughter had 18month babymama friendly(strucked d deal with my spouse),she was really chubby and got lots of gifts from both federal and state hospital,she came second in a baby contest in FCT then.We went straight for solids after 18months incubation,and now she is ok,very healthy,never ill,very bold and intelligent too.her position in sch ranges between 1st and 4th.Its all been God sha.
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
gidjah:

As in baby friendly for 18 months? Nothing but breast milk? shocked Doesn't sound healthy to me. undecided

After 6 months, a baby needs much more than what breast milk alone can provide.

In any case children are wired differently. My 1st was a very chubby child from birth . . . did baby friendly for 5 months and weaned herself after that. Didn't eat much but somehow she always looked healthy and pretty. . . even her complexion looked great and fair as opposed to mine and hubby's. Her day care wanted to use her as a poster child but hubby and I refused for personal reasons. She was just too cute. Still is . . . cool

Fast forward to baby No 2. . . . she eats every single thing and yet looks so tiny and bony. at 10mths she still breast feeds . . . eats any solid/cereal that comes her way and yet doesn't look it. My mum says I was the same at that age but it's just frustrrating .. . . Everybody loves a chubby baby. It makes us feel like we are doing all the right things . . .

But the truth is that chubbiness doesn't not necessarily mean healthiness.

@ OP

Some children are naturally light eaters . . . just make sure they get all the necessary nutrients and you are good to go. No need forcing food down their throats. When they are ready, they will eat!

3 Likes

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by gidjah(m): 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
No ma, dont think thats the reason,rather i think its the sweet sweet things that we start them with that makes them stick to such.once you start your child with this sweet sweet foods,she is likely not to love our major solid foods we serve here in naija.But good breast feeding plays a vital role in the health system of every child.
julie89:
Congrats to your daughter,I did baby friendly for 6month before emabarking on solids,iwas even thinking maybe dats what made her not to be eating well

1 Like

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by gidjah(m): 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2015
I seem to have a great pnchant for chubby kids,it kinda signifies good living to a fair extent.(not th obessed not good looking ones o).But i dont like chubby women though,love them moderate but sure never skinny.
Ujoan:

As in baby friendly for 18 months? Nothing but breast milk? shocked Doesn't sound healthy to me. undecided

After 6 months, a baby needs much more than what breast milk alone can provide.

In any case children are wired differently. My 1st was a very chubby child from birth . . . did baby friendly for 5 months and weaned herself after that. Didn't eat much but somehow she always looked healthy and pretty. . . even her complexion looked great and fair as opposed to mine and hubby's. Her day care wanted to use her as a poster child but hubby and I refused for personal reasons. She was just too cute. Still is . . . cool

Fast forward to baby No 2. . . . she eats every single thing and yet looks so tiny and bony. at 10mths she still breast feeds . . . eats any solid/cereal that comes her way and yet doesn't look it. My mum says I was the same at that age but it's just frustrrating .. . . Everybody loves a chubby baby. It makes us feel like we are doing all the right things . . .

But the truth is that chubbiness doesn't not necessarily mean healthiness.

@ OP

Some children are naturally light eaters . . . just make sure they get all the necessary nutrients and you are good to go. No need forcing food down their throats. When they are ready, they will eat!
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by DrObum(m): 11:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
Please house, 18 months of exclusive b-feeding ain't healthy.

A baby ideally should get 6 months of b-feeding, then other feeds should be introduced gradually, but remember to note what the baby tolerates and introduce the feed accordingly.

Then b-feeding can continue + the supplementary feeds( ie the introduced feeds) up till 2 years of life.

Well, we know the realities of life esp as concerns b-feeding up till 2 yrs, but if you must tinker with anything, please allow them that 6 months exclusive.

It helps their growth and development so much and even protects against some ailments that manifest in later stages of life.
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by Bootylicious(f): 4:38am On Aug 26, 2015
Well nothing is wrong with her, some babies are like that and so is my daughter. The ped doc told me never to force feed, just serve her and let her eat the little she can but feed her constantly. I tried that and after 3 days d ped checked her weight she gained 0.5kg. And you can also try wellbaby multi vitamin.
julie89:
I have tried everything I know,she doesn't like eating only likes taking ribena....what can I give to her?

1 Like

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by Bootylicious(f): 4:47am On Aug 26, 2015
I'm wondering. Even today I was still complaining my baby refuses her formula most times cos I weaned and switched to formula. The Paediatrician said from 6months upward it's imperative to introduce baby to semi solid food till they are mature enough to eat what we with. They need it and only breast milk is malnutrition from that age. A chubby baby isn't necessarily a healthy baby. @op just be creative with the food you serve your child so she gets nutrient from every little feed. U can make semi puree based on highly nutritious food for her
DrObum:
Please house, 18 months of exclusive b-feeding ain't healthy.

A baby ideally should get 6 months of b-feeding, then other feeds should be introduced gradually, but remember to note what the baby tolerates and introduce the feed accordingly.

Then b-feeding can continue + the supplementary feeds( ie the introduced feeds) up till 2 years of life.

Well, we know the realities of life esp as concerns b-feeding up till 2 yrs, but if you must tinker with anything, please allow them that 6 months exclusive.

It helps their growth and development so much and even protects against some ailments that manifest in later stages of life.

1 Like

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by Bootylicious(f): 4:56am On Aug 26, 2015
As a mother we have to keep discovering ways to ensure our babies are well fed. After weaning my baby I introduced follow up formula no 2 and always fed her with various nestle baby food and other products,it got dawn on me dat even as an adult I wouldn't want to keep eating same tin all d time. I had to think of what I can feed her and ensure she is getting all the nutrient based on the fact that she is even a fussy eater. Here are some list of food mothers can try for babies 6+. N.B all the food needs to be cooked and blended or use a food masher to grind to your taste. Potato puree, vegetable puree, home made rice puree with chicken, apple puree, avocado and banana puree, avocado and cottage cheese puree, yogurt. Pics attached sha. Hope it helps

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by julie89(f): 5:57am On Sep 01, 2015
Yes it will surely help if you can give the recipe,thanks
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by odiereke(m): 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
My sister, I am a grandfather but this advise shud help U because it really helps my granddaughter very well.
Fistly, make sure U are feeding her where she will not be distracted like toys, cartoon and people around. Always get her full concentration anytime U want to feed her.
Secondly, make sure she is hungry before U feed her.
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by drnoel: 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
julie89:
I have tried evrything I know,she doesn't like eating only likes taking ribena....what can I give to her?

what are u waiting for, when smoothies was introduced it was a life saver besides its cheap and can be made by anyone. Best thing about it is that one can experiment with different flavours. The ribena is not healthy but smoothies is, all you require is a good blender/smoothie maker. Believe me I know. My 2 yr old son recently had a mouth and throat infection that prevented him from eating. He only cried and cried and refused to eat. My son loves his food so when he stopped eating wifey and I knew it was serious. He was deteriorating fast infront of us from lack of food and worse he developed stomatitis. We started smoothies for him, intially we had to froce it down his throat with him struggling and screaming. We were able to replace all the nutients and vitamins he was lacking and as the sore in his mouth and thoat healed he started hunrying for smoothies. Now he requests for ithimself. He calls it smoooochies.

1 Like

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by julie89(f): 3:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
thanks a lot sir,please whats smooties?
drnoel:

what are u waiting for, when smoothies was introduced it was a life saver besides its cheap and can be made by anyone. Best thing about it is that one can experiment with different flavours. The ribena is not healthy but smoothies is, all you require is a good blender/smoothie maker. Believe me I know. My 2 yr old son recently had a mouth and throat infection that prevented him from eating. He only cried and cried and refused to eat. My son loves his food so when he stopped eating wifey and I knew it was serious. He was deteriorating fast infront of us from lack of food and worse he developed stomatitis. We started smoothies for him, intially we had to froce it down his throat with him struggling and screaming. We were able to replace all the nutients and vitamins he was lacking and as the sore in his mouth and thoat healed he started hunrying for smoothies. Now he requests for ithimself. He calls it smoooochies.
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by drnoel: 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
julie89:
thanks a lot sir,please whats smooties?

Pls its called smoothies. Google it. Google is ur friend. If u still have problems not finding it or u still think it is too difficult for u then see some recipes using link:
http://allrecipes.com/recipes/138/drinks/smoothies/

1 Like

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by Jahblessme: 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
A smoothie is when u blend a mix of fruits and sometimes veg plus nuts and make a drink.
You have machines for it eg nutribullet,some people use a juicer
Disadvantage of juicing is that it removes the fibre content so not as nutritious.
My son is very fussy till today,haven't found a cure.Currently he's wolfing down banana and eggs for some reason only known to him.He's older than yours though.

Just keep.trying and maybe cook veggies and purée as an Op suggested above.

Pele

1 Like

Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by hypnotic(m): 11:43am On Dec 06, 2017
Re: My Two Years Old Baby Is Fussy Eater,what Do I Do? by NairalandSARS: 3:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
2 years no be baby o.

(1) (Reply)

My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? / Use Elepaq Generator 2.5 Kva / Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.