Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife (4104 Views)

From Housemaid To House Wife: Woman Rejoice After She Was Upgraded To Wife / Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? / Pains Of A House Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by DanielAlhassan(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2021
What are the disadvantages to be a full house wife.
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by viyon02: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2021
Modern day economy situation does not encourage full house wife, Even if your husband is a CEO of his company, you need to know much about the company and for you to do that you have to be with him in his office and support him: l have seen a case where the man died and his employees took over the company and embezzled his company financially before the man was buried just because his wife knew nothing about the company. It will be stupidity if a woman just sit at home and expect his husband to do everything for her, a man will respect and value a woman that is smart academically and financially and self dependent no matter how rich is the man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by bukatyne(f): 11:21am On Aug 23, 2021
Why do you want your wife to be a housewife Viz a Viz your current family circumstances.
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by ImaIma1(f): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2021
If the man doesn't want her to know about the company, can she force herself there?

A woman should also be earning, whether through business or employment. Being a full time housewife is not advisable.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2021
The fact that a woman is a housewife doesn’t mean she is jobless and/or a liability as you people call it. Being a housewife is a job on its own. Do you know what it means to take care of the kids, cook and tend to the home affairs? Do you understand the monotony that accompanies the role of a housewife? Do you know that being a housewife is more monotonous than your regular 9-5 job?

A housewife is a homemaker and as well a home manager. And if she's a competent and energetic one, that's perfect.

Do you understand that a HOUSEWIFE can as well make money from home too? Do you know some housewives live better and more quality lives than you that run the usual rat race of trying to meet up to society's standard of being a career and industrious woman?

In totality, this means that she is likely to have a better home than her counterparts who are always out of the home because she is always present at the home front and for the kids.

For me, there are no DISADVANTAGES.

Side note; you are allowed to have your opinion(s). Don't force yours on me or make me see reasons why your reasons are superior to mine. And if you say that housewives are being maltreated or cheated on, then Ataga's wife should have been adored and been made a monumental piece of worship by her husband. If you marry a man who's conscientious, kind and humane, you will know peace. Working-class or not, you will be disgraced and trampled upon by a man who doesn't understand how to treat a woman right. The advantages and disadvantages depends on the kind of man you married. Please, let people do whatever works for them.

Housewives dey and housewives dey, abek.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Ishilove: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2021
A full housewife in this Buhari-era?

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Mryacks: 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2021
DanielAlhassan:
What are the disadvantages to be a full house wife.

Not really...to each his/her own. But let her be Industrous with an entrepreneual spririt..
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by iamyemiakins(m): 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2021
Being a full housewife is just limitation of goals to the female.

End Full Housewifery now!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by bukatyne(f): 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
The fact that a woman is a housewife doesn’t mean she is jobless and/or a liability as you people call it. Being a housewife is a job on its own. Do you know what it means to take care of kids, cook and tend to the home affairs? Do you understand the monotony that accompanies the role of a housewife? Do you know that being a housewife is more monotonous than your regular 9-5 job?

A housewife is a homemaker and as well a home manager. And if she's a competent and energetic one, that's perfect.

Do you understand that a HOUSEWIFE can as well make money from home too? Do you know some housewives live better and more quality lives than you that run the usual rat race of trying to meet up to society's standard of being a career and industrious woman?

In totality, this means that she is likely to have a better home than her counterparts who are always out of the home because she is always present at the home front and for the kids.

Side note; you are allowed to have your opinion(s). Don't force yours on me or make me see reasons why your reasons are superior to mine. And if you say that housewives are being maltreated or cheated on, then Ataga's wife should have been adored and be a monumental piece of worship by her husband. If you marry a man who's conscientious, kind and humane, you will know peace. Working class or not, you will be disgraced and trampled upon by a man who doesn't understand how to treat a woman right. Please, let people do whatever works for them.

Mbok why did you bring a gun to a knife fight? shocked shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2021
bukatyne:

Mbok why did you bring a gun to a knife fight? shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by kkins25(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2021
Does that thing "full housewive" even exist? Any woman just sitting at home doing nothing is just lazy!!

Like as if, raising kids required some 5 years of military training. Mtchewww.. you sit down for house they watch film and chop food in the disguise of training children.

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by mariahAngel(f): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
The fact that a woman is a housewife doesn’t mean she is jobless and/or a liability as you people call it. Being a housewife is a job on its own. Do you know what it means to take care of the kids, cook and tend to the home affairs? Do you understand the monotony that accompanies the role of a housewife? Do you know that being a housewife is more monotonous than your regular 9-5 job?

Side note; you are allowed to have your opinion(s). Don't force yours on me or make me see reasons why your reasons are superior to mine. And if you say that housewives are being maltreated or cheated on, then Ataga's wife should have been adored and be a monumental piece of worship by her husband. If you marry a man who's conscientious, kind and humane, you will know peace. Working-class or not, you will be disgraced and trampled upon by a man who doesn't understand how to treat a woman right. The advantages and disadvantages depends on the kind of man you married. Please, let people do whatever works for them.

Uyai mi amorcito!

¿Como estas?
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

Uyai mi amorcito!

¿Como estas?

Muy bien, gracias Maria. grin

1 Like

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by mariahAngel(f): 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Muy bien, gracias Maria. grin

De nada. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by greenie77: 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2021
A wife should be earning an income whether from home or outside, let her generate money tied to her own name as it provides a level of security.
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

A housewife is a homemaker and as well a home manager. And if she's a competent and energetic one, that's perfect

Side note; you are allowed to have your opinion(s). Don't force yours on me or make me see reasons why your reasons are superior to mine. And if you say that housewives are being maltreated or cheated on, then Ataga's wife should have been adored and be a monumental piece of worship by her husband. If you marry a man who's conscientious, kind and humane, you will know peace. Working-class or not, you will be disgraced and trampled upon by a man who doesn't understand how to treat a woman right. The advantages and disadvantages depends on the kind of man you married. Please, let people do whatever works for them.

Not here to counter Ur opinion. Being a sit at home mother is truly stressful but there is nothing stopping the woman from doing something from that home like any small biz to earn income.

Referencing Ataga that u mentioned I would like ur honest response on this.
What would ve been the faith of late Ataga's children if his wife wasn't working?

Trust me it won't ve been easy at all feeding and schooling of the children.

The singular reason why I won't support a sit at home wife that does nothing is if untimely death takes a way the husband what then happens to the children.

6 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Splinz(m): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
The fact that a woman is a housewife doesn’t mean she is jobless and/or a liability as you people call it. Being a housewife is a job on its own. Do you know what it means to take care of the kids, cook and tend to the home affairs?

I agree, It's serious business, and not in anyway different from the conventional jobs.

But of course, the office of a wife as a homemaker or manager is much more important, deserving of the highest payroll possible. The reason is simple. If the home is not properly managed, it spells troubles not just for that home but the society at large. So therefore, it is not only necessary for wives to face this very crucial task squarely, husbands should equally support them by making sure that adequate resources are provided to help their wives.

Anyone who belittles the office of a housewife simply don't know what it takes to build a successful home. And whether some people accept it or not, the husband and wife each have their own unique responsibilities.

UyaiIncomparabl:

Please you can say that again. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2021
Orlaoluwayimika:

Not here to counter Ur opinion. Being a sit at home mother is truly stressful but there is nothing stopping the woman from doing something from that home like any small biz to earn income.

Good evening, Ola.

Yes, being a housewife is very stressful, that's why I try to chastise anyone who talks down on a woman who chose that path. Not everyone enjoys the rat race of office jobs. Did you read my third paragraph? If you didn't, I implore you to do that now. I emphasized on this, do you know that a housewife can work from home? By all means, one can be a sit at home mum and as well earn some bucks from the comfort of that same home.

Referencing Ataga that u mentioned I would like ur honest response on this.
What would ve been the faith of late Ataga's children if his wife wasn't working?

Trust me it won't ve been easy at all feeding and schooling of the children.

What sort of question is this? What do you mean by "what would have been the fate of Ataga's children"? Look, it is the onus of a woman to be highly sensitive and precocious if ever this happens. Contingency plans should be made. I'm sure Ataga wouldn't have faulted on that nor his wife. Only stark illiterates don't make contingency plans should something disastrous ever befall them. Who no wise no fit wise.

The singular reason why I won't support a sit at home wife that does nothing is if untimely death takes a way the husband what then happens to the children.

I'm a leaving example. My father died when I was just 13 yrs (1st born) and our last born was just 6 yrs old I really do not know what would d ve happened if my mom wasn't working coupled with that, there were still some ups and down.

Look, this thing nor be for everybody na. Just like I reiterated in my last paragraph, let everyone do what works for them. Everyone cannot be a career-oriented person. You can be a stay at home mom and still earn your money.

6 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by UDUJ(m): 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Uyai you finish work. Lovely write up and a very mature thought process. Kudos cool

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by mariahAngel(f): 5:47pm On Aug 23, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Good evening, Ola.

Yes, being a housewife is very stressful, that's why I try to chastise anyone who talks down on a woman who chose that path. Not everyone enjoys the rat race of office jobs. Did you read my third paragraph? If you didn't, I implore you to do that now. I emphasized on this, do you know that a housewife can work from home? By all means, one can be a sit at home mum and as well earn some bucks from the comfort of that same home.

What sort of question is this? What do you mean by "what would have been the fate of Ataga's children"? Look, it is the onus of a woman to be highly sensitive and precocious if ever this happens. Contingency plans should be made. I'm sure Ataga wouldn't have faulted on that nor his wife. Only stark illiterates don't make contingency plans should something disastrous ever befall them. Who no wise no fit wise.

Look, this thing nor be for everybody na. Just like I reiterated in my last paragraph, let everyone do what works for them. Everyone cannot be a career-oriented person. You can be a stay at home mom and still earn your money.

I like and respect people who not only stand on their truth, they’re brave enough to own it! Unapologetically.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Acidosis(m): 5:50pm On Aug 23, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

grin

Glad you're learning smiley I like your submission.
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Acidosis(m): 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
What's the opposite of full-time housewife by the way? Career woman? Can you spot the joke? Why career woman instead of part-time housewife? That's how you know the intent of whoever developed that concept.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2021
It works for some but it's not something I would want for myself. I've a career I'm pursuing and the last thing I would want to do is be a FHW or SAHM, though I know my sweetheart wouldn't mind. It's not enough mental stimulation for me, if any, and I pride myself on being extremely independent & self-sufficient. I would never willingly become financially dependent on anyone. It has less than zero appeal to me.

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Klass99(f): 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2021
smiley
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by bukatyne(f): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2021
Acidosis:

What's the opposite of full-time housewife by the way? Career woman? Can you spot the joke? Why career woman instead of part-time housewife? That's how you know the intent of whoever developed that concept.

Part time housewife?? grin cheesy

This place na cruise I swear!

What is even the definition of a career woman abi career wife?

1 Like

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by bukatyne(f): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2021
Klass99:

Lol grin, you took the words out of my mouth.

Uyai, wetin happen?

She vex gan ni.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Redpillar(m): 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2021
The disadvantage is that life may happen.
Through death, her husband’s attitude, her own attitude, etc.

However, housewives are not liabilities as some people make it seem. If both parties mutually consented to the arrangement, then they are good to go.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Acidosis(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2021
bukatyne:

Part time housewife?? grin cheesy

This place na cruise I swear!

What is even the definition of a career woman abi career wife?

The whole thing just tire me o aunty buka. These terms don't make sense.
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by crackhaus: 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2021
Why any woman would choose to depend solely on the generosity and goodwill of her husband for the long-term without having any plans to become self-sufficient, remains a mystery to me.

It seems like a proper lack of foresight... or perhaps waiting for the husband's death and taking over everything he owns was the plan afterall.

7 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2021
Acidosis:

Glad you're learning smiley I like your submission.

wink

1 Like

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2021
Klass99:

Lol grin, you took the words out of my mouth.

Uyai, wetin happen?

Na fight. grin
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by JovialJune(f): 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hmmm, context matters, the Op specifically mentioned full time house wife, not one owning a shop in front of her home or working from home, as in, a woman that is not earning anything for herself, as in she depends on her husband for everything, even pant and bra, I don't know why everybody is gallivanting about, arguing or writing long epistles over nothing

So is it bad? Yes it is very very bad, no one should be or agree to that type of arrangement in this 21st century.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? / What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo / What Name Should I Give My Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.