Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Bad Security Situation In Owerri. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bad Security Situation In Owerri. (1683 Views)

Lady Runs Mad In Owerri, Strips Unclad After A Man Dropped Her Off (Video) / The Situation At Owerri High Court As Gunmen Rescue "Vampire" & 48 Others (Pics) / The Security Situation...how I Escaped Death from Fulani Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Security Situation In Owerri. by imsuboi(m): 6:19am On Aug 05, 2015
As I type this, my heart is heavy.

The security situation in Imo State is getting worse daily. In owerri, we need lots of security personnel.

Cultists & armed robbers are having a swell time.

Lawlessness is the order of the day.

The rate of Tricycle (Keke) robberies has skyrocketed. You can't enter a tricycle (keke maruwa) with a calm mind, you have to be weary of the keke driver & passengers, lest you get robbed & possibly raped.
(www.nairaland.com/2394332/those-owerri-beware-tricycle-robberies)

Just last weekend, news filtered around my school that a girl was raped by suspected cultists around the school's back gate area on her way back from night class; another version being circulated is that the rapists had even infected the poor girl with HIV.

You can't go to douglas (eke onuwa) market to purchase food stuff without fear of being robbed or harassed.
6 out of every 10 males that walk past you in that market are thieves - from experience, this is a statistic I've come to accept.

A day doesn't pass by without hearing one bad news or another; be it rape, robbery etc...

I could go on & on & on about the messed up security situation, but that's not the purpose of this thread.

This thread is to bring to the notice of every concerned Imo state indigene/resident, your state is being run down by lawlessness.

Its a ticking time bomb. Someone has to step in and curb this menace.

Owerri alone has more than 5 fully functional tertiary institutions. If you have your wards in any of these institutions, warn them to be highly security conscious.

As it stands, its all man for himself. No security whatsoever.

A word is enough for the wise.

www.nairaland.com/2502756/alvan-ikoku-student-murdered-fmc

www.nairaland.com/2498730/bouncer-shot-dead-orange-room#36557640

Cc: exxell, beremx, tapout, chuksemi, cowleg, lalasticlala.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bad Security Situation In Owerri. by kossyablaze(m): 6:42am On Aug 05, 2015
Who b d state governor?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bad Security Situation In Owerri. by imsuboi(m): 6:45am On Aug 05, 2015
kossyablaze:
Who b d state governor?

Please don't attempt to politicize this issue. Else you might face a loooooong ban undecided
Re: Bad Security Situation In Owerri. by kossyablaze(m): 7:35am On Aug 05, 2015
imsuboi:

Please don't attempt to politicize this issue. Else you might face a loooooong ban undecided
nwokem jiri nwayo jor.Rochas na mumu

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bad Security Situation In Owerri. by lionphil(m): 10:57am On Aug 05, 2015
imsuboi:
As I type this, my heart is heavy.

The security situation in Imo State is getting worse daily. In owerri, we need lots of security personnel.

Cultists & armed robbers are having a swell time.

Lawlessness is the order of the day.

The rate of Tricycle (Keke) robberies has skyrocketed. You can't enter a tricycle (keke maruwa) with a calm mind, you have to be weary of the keke driver & passengers, lest you get robbed & possibly raped.
(www.nairaland.com/2394332/those-owerri-beware-tricycle-robberies)

Just last weekend, news filtered around my school that a girl was raped by suspected cultists around the school's back gate area on her way back from night class; another version being circulated is that the rapists had even infected the poor girl with HIV.

You can't go to douglas (eke onuwa) market to purchase food stuff without fear of being robbed or harassed.
6 out of every 10 males that walk past you in that market are thieves - from experience, this is a statistic I've come to accept.

A day doesn't pass by without hearing one bad news or another; be it rape, robbery etc...

I could go on & on & on about the messed up security situation, but that's not the purpose of this thread.

This thread is to bring to the notice of every concerned Imo state indigene/resident, your state is being run down by lawlessness.

Its a ticking time bomb. Someone has to step in and curb this menace.

Owerri alone has more than 5 fully functional tertiary institutions. If you have your wards in any of these institutions, warn them to be highly security conscious.

As it stands, its all man for himself. No security whatsoever.

A word is enough for the wise.

www.nairaland.com/2502756/alvan-ikoku-student-murdered-fmc

www.nairaland.com/2498730/bouncer-shot-dead-orange-room#36557640

Cc: exxell, beremx, tapout, chuksemi, cowleg, lalasticlala.

This is so true oh! I've informed those I can that they should avoid Douglas by all means. You only highlighted a few stories

There's a cult war going on. Unlike previous ones, this one has lasted for months and the end doesn't seem to be in sight. At school road, a couple of months back, a tailor was murdered, before that a guy was murdered at the main market opposite St Pauls. People get robbed on a daily bases...I SAID ON A DAILY BASIS IN DOUGLAS. If u make the mistake of making a call, someone will grab Ur phone and run as though he is being chased by a Lion. If u make the mistake of running after him, all other valuables on u will be lost. There are so many of them I think 8 out of 10 is a better number.
Re: Bad Security Situation In Owerri. by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 05, 2015
Well imsuboi, thats a reality you have to live with in Nigeria now. Everybody is virtually hungry. Upsurge in Crime is not just restricted to Imo state alone. Crime has risen all over Nigeria.

But of worthy note though is that of Imo state. Many guys there are converting to terrorists on daily basis, manu girls are students by day and prostitutes at night. Thats the hard truth now. There is an influx of Many criminals like you rightly noted into Imo state. Though worrisome, there is nothong anybody may be able to do now because virtually everybody in Imo state is hungry. Traders are over hiking prices due to dollar rates and workers are being owed salary arrears by that governor I dont want to insult.

The Truth if the matter is that IMO STATE right now is broke!

The only forseeable solution I see to this right now is for everybody to be extra security alert. Its very important. Secure yourself and your belongings. Anytime I come to Imo, I provide my security, water, light and food. Unlike in Anambra were security is in quantum size.

Remember too, most security operatives in Imo too are thieves especially that IMO SECURITY NETWORK Nd CIVIL DEFENCE! Thats the hard, bitter truth!
Re: Bad Security Situation In Owerri. by imsuboi(m): 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
lionphil:

This is so true oh! I've informed those I can that they should avoid Douglas by all means. You only highlighted a few stories

There's a cult war going on. Unlike previous ones, this one has lasted for months and the end doesn't seem to be in sight. At school road, a couple of months back, a tailor was murdered, before that a guy was murdered at the main market opposite St Pauls. People get robbed on a daily bases...I SAID ON A DAILY BASIS IN DOUGLAS. If u make the mistake of making a call, someone will grab Ur phone and run as though he is being chased by a Lion. If u make the mistake of running after him, all other valuables on u will be lost. There are so many of them I think 8 out of 10 is a better number.

This is so true.

Each time I'm about stepping into that market, I brace myself inwardly. Because I know I'll definitely encounter one or two _assholes.

The number of underground deals that go on in that plaza building daily is something else.

I do hope someone looks into this ASAP
Re: Bad Security Situation In Owerri. by princeuj2015(m): 5:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
Douglas is just full of Hoodlums xpecially on Sundays, Best advise!! Be conscious of how you walk around Douglas on Sundays and in the nite!!
Re: Bad Security Situation In Owerri. by imsuboi(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
princeuj2015:
Douglas is just full of Hoodlums xpecially on Sundays, Best advise!! Be conscious of how you walk around Douglas on Sundays and in the nite!!

Bro, it's everyday o!
Re: Bad Security Situation In Owerri. by Chuksemi(m): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
You've spoken the truth, I have noticed the fact that security in Imo state is in OYO state. Every man to himself. I encountered cultists recently, in the day time, for the first time. It seems they no longer hide behind darkness for their extortions. Its now a broad daylight thing. Robbery? It's a douglas tradition.
Re: Bad Security Situation In Owerri. by imsuboi(m): 7:08am On Aug 10, 2015
Chuksemi:
You've spoken the truth, I have noticed the fact that security in Imo state is in OYO state. Every man to himself. I encountered cultists recently, in the day time, for the first time. It seems they no longer hide behind darkness for their extortions. Its now a broad daylight thing. Robbery? It's a douglas tradition.

Yeah bro. They get bolder daily. Nothing/No one to stop them.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat / Photos Of 4year Old Girl & Dad Burnt To Death During Boko Haram Attack / Scammer Alert!!! How Emonido Moses Scammed Me With The Help Of Diamond Bank/mtn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.