Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,251 members, 7,867,658 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

Friendship And The Quest For Stuffs - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Friendship And The Quest For Stuffs (421 Views)

See the stuffs a Girl I Don't Love Bought For Me -photos / A Girl's Quest For Big Boobs / Stuffs You Miss When You Have A Girlfriend! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friendship And The Quest For Stuffs by dantewest: 7:30am On Aug 05, 2015
In our quest to accumulate stuff, we forego the real life standards of community, friendship, support and love.

I won't dwell much on relationships in this update, I'll stick to friendship.

You can smell it in the air, you can feel it deep in your bones; no matter how much you try to circumnavigate the truth, its glaring that we have evolved from open and lifelong friendship system to a more capitalist system based friendship.

Let me illustrate, in the near past, all friendships required was a smile, an open heart, then everything falls into place. But today's friendship leans more towards material value. The question one asks anytime someone declares interest to be friends with you is: What benefits (Not necessarily sexual) can my friendship with you give me on the long run?

Inasmuch as the planet is involved in a capitalist system, your friendships should remain heartfelt rather than materialist - The Quest For Stuffs.

What is your opinion?

Have a great August the 5th!
Re: Friendship And The Quest For Stuffs by shammahyaro(f): 7:43am On Aug 05, 2015
I once had this female friend.She was as stingy as anything that's so stingy,she'll come to my house,eat my food,drink water and pack my makeup.But reversed is the case when i go to her house sometimes i have to even ask for water when am thristy.I recall one time like that i went to her house,i percieved an aroma of beans so i was like hey babe is their beans on the fire??.And she was like...:''e don finish o''.i wasnt offended until she repeated it more than twice.In my front,she'll give other's food,but for me it's diffrent.See,a real friend will give you evrything to make you happy so if two people are real to each other.Materialism wont be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Friendship And The Quest For Stuffs by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 05, 2015
9ice one op

1 Like

Re: Friendship And The Quest For Stuffs by dantewest: 8:40am On Aug 05, 2015
Andrew114:
9ice one op

Thank you!
Re: Friendship And The Quest For Stuffs by dantewest: 8:41am On Aug 05, 2015
shammahyaro:
I once had this female friend.She was as stingy as anything that's so stingy,she'll come to my house,eat my food,drink water and pack my makeup.But reversed is the case when i go to her house sometimes i have to even ask for water when am thristy.I recall one time like that i went to her house,i percieved an aroma of beans so i was like hey babe is their beans on the fire??.And she was like...:''e don finish o''.i wasnt offended until she repeated it more than twice.In my front,she'll give other's food,but for me it's diffrent.See,a real friend will give you evrything to make you happy so if two people are real to each other.Materialism wont be a problem.

Sweetheart, that babe is not your friend o!

She is using you the way my boss uses me in the office

(1) (Reply)

Guys Is There Any Truth In This Statement? / Why Nigerian Ladies Keep Sugar Daddies. / Must Guys Always Be The Last?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.