Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,636 members, 7,844,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Top10 Things Not To Include On Your CV.. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top10 Things Not To Include On Your CV.. (997 Views)

5 Things You Absolutely Must Include On Your CV / 10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae / Seven Things Never To Include On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top10 Things Not To Include On Your CV.. by ChappyChase: 9:54am On Aug 05, 2015
With the growing rate of unemployment and too many people trooping in to the job market yearly, there is no doubt that there are thousands applying for the same job you applied for. Therefore, the issue of your CV have to be taken seriously and here are some of the top ten things you're not supposed to add to you CV....
#1) AN OBJECTIVE THAT MAKES NO SENSE:

A crazed objective will make your employer to throw your CV into the trash can! Eg. I need this job so I could buy a new cloth. You must be kidding! go work D&G!
#2)ILLRELEVANT JOB EXPREIENCE:
That you're good at washing clothes when you worked as a laundry man is not a relevant job experience to now add to your present CV! If its not relevant, then don't add it..
#3)ACHIEVEMENT THAT ARE NOT TRULY ACHIEVEMENT:
We all know that its good to include our achievements to our CV; but, you must agree with me that there are some achievement that are not necessary, EG, I was my school football team Captain!
#4)PHYSICAL DISCRIPTION:
There is absolutely no need for you to describe your looks,hight or weight to your Employer and some even go as far as adding their picture to their CV! Abegi grow up!
#5)PROPER HOBBY LISTING:
I must admit that some of us don't have "proper" hobbies and if you fall into that categories, there is no need to include your weird hobbies on your CV...
#6)PRIVATE INFORMATION:
Except you're applying for a job in a religious organisation like church or mosque, please do not add your religious believe to your cv, don't even add your tribe or sexual orientations cause this might mare your CV.
#7)BAD GRAMMAR:
Please if you no sabi grammar, no add ham to your CV!!!
#coolCONTACT ADDRESS THAT WILL RAISE A FLAG:
Don't put Email address that are childish an weird as your contact email. EG. Iambatman@yahoo.com,,
#9)NO LYING:
You don't have to lie about where you live, working experience or even hobbies..
#10)COLOURFUL CV:
Ladies are mostly guilty of this, they tend to use red,green, blue pen and colourful fonts on their CV! Your employer no ask for you slum book!
Feel free to add yours..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top10 Things Not To Include On Your CV.. by powerfulsettingz: 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ofcos Nigerian cv has always been base on lies since 1905 na
Re: Top10 Things Not To Include On Your CV.. by bjprodint(f): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
If ur children pass 4,no write am there

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Institute Of Leather And Science Technology Test / CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. / 2 Personal Driver Vacancies In Lagos (island)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.