Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,392 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] - Phones (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (440261 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Kimiko(f): 1:56am On Sep 15, 2015
do you even know what you are complaining about? what is the make of your other phone sef?
girlking:
THIS PHONE IS TRASH WITH CAPITAL TRASH the network always changes to 2G and it has no form of multitasking mine would soon be up for sale. Good radiance to bad rubbish. Wish I had gotten the infinix 2 I would have saved the extra money and fixed it's broken screen but i would atleast have enjoyed it for a while. Non of my enemies not to talk of friend would buy this phone. I will talk them out of it. RUBBISHHHHHH
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Kimiko(f): 1:57am On Sep 15, 2015
a hundred naira says the other phone is an infinix phone.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 15, 2015
Melons:

The Camera with the flash is divine. Takes a while to understand though.
That was because u just bought it
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by salmaz(m): 7:06am On Sep 15, 2015
girlking:
My Tecno Camon c8 keeps switching to edge network despite that I put it on 3G cry cry. When I checked the preferred network it is still in 3G. Although I noticed the network started fluctuating when I got to the data limit. I had a similar issue on my other phone when it was on 3G or 2G. So I selected 3G only and the issue didn't arise again. 2G network is really crappy
I think this is a design that is common to some phones running Android lollipop and not Tecno Camon c8 alone. Anyway there is a solution to the problem.
Dial *#*#4636#*#* using your phone dialer, it'll take you to a page where you have the internal configuration of the phone.
Click on Phone Information, take you to another page, scroll down and click on the drop down menu arrow then select WCDMA only from the list. Just exit by going back. That's it...your phone stays on 3G only.
NB: When you're in an area that has no 3G network your phone may not see any signal cos it cannot switch to EDGE network by itself.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Andking: 8:57am On Sep 15, 2015
salmaz:

I think this is a design that is common to some phones running Android lollipop and not Tecno Camon c8 alone. Anyway there is a solution to the problem.
Dial *#*#4636#*#* using your phone dialer, it'll take you to a page where you have the internal configuration of the phone.
Click on Phone Information, take you to another page, scroll down and click on the drop down menu arrow then select WCDMA only from the list. Just exit by going back. That's it...your phone stays on 3G only.
NB: When you're in an area that has no 3G network your phone may not see any signal cos it cannot switch to EDGE network by itself.

Some people sud try asking for things they don't know about before they start spoiling a brand. Thanks for helping the dude out BRO
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by girlking(f): 9:30am On Sep 15, 2015
salmaz:

Thank you sooo much this was really helpful. So far my network is now excellent. How do i change it back in the event I go to a place that has only 2G network?

The only other major complaint is that multitasking is difficult with the phone. If i am on an app and I go to another app the first one stops loading. Just imagine?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Enasdan(m): 9:44am On Sep 15, 2015
bigsammysam:

Yes is support 2g,3g,h,h+ network but u will not see d h or h+ symbol u will see only E or 3G. The h,h+ embeddedu on 3G network in lollipop OS. So as to improve d battery performance. Not like in kitkat dat d 3g h h+ changes on notification. To confirm dis download mtk engineering mode go to mtk settings scroll down to hspa info click on it u will see d three networks on. so do not be confused. Same on infinix hot 2. lollipop os is different from kitkat.
for more info contact me on 08033548280. I hope dis help.
pls i need ur review also
does it support 3G/HSPDA/H+ on bth SIM 1 n SIM 2 card slot
)OTA n OTG functionality
notification light pls
d screen is it really Amloed as ppl told me
d body frame it plastic or metal
thnks
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by girlking(f): 9:51am On Sep 15, 2015
Andking:

Some people sud try asking for things they don't know about before they start spoiling a brand. Thanks for helping the dude out BRO
I layed complaints o. I commented on there fb page, twitter page, I even sent them direct messages. I was to go to carlcare but someone in a camon c8 whatsapp discussion group I joined(in my bid to get a solution). said he had gone to carlcare and they had no solution.
I think it is you sir that should ask questions before assuming I didn't ask questions.

Let me obey and ask a question Camon C8 multitasking is 0 what do I do? #waiting

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by girlking(f): 10:00am On Sep 15, 2015
Kimiko:
*why the f**k you lyyyying? you always lying hmmm oh my gaaad stap tha fvcking lying.*
What do I have to benefit from lying? When you tell me I will come and lie and say it is good so I can get the benefit.
I am the one using the phone. So I am the one to say if it is good or not. Plus I didn't just say it was bad I gave specific verifiable reasons.
N/B it is unladylike to use the F word. Wouldn't you agree with me?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by salmaz(m): 10:05am On Sep 15, 2015
girlking:

Thank you sooo much this was really helpful. So far my network is now excellent. How do i change it back in the event I go to a place that has only 2G network?

The only other major complaint is that multitasking is difficult with the phone. If i am on an app and I go to another app the first one stops loading. Just imagine?
Just switch off your phone and wait for 3 to 5 seconds then power on back it'll reset to Auto switching between Edge and 3G back.
However I'm not experiencing the problem you're having with apps not loading when you minimize them. Have you tried to update the particular app probably its not compatible with lollipop version or try to reboot your phone to see if that works.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by girlking(f): 10:08am On Sep 15, 2015
Micheezy7:

m also using da tecno c8 ... No complain about da fone... Maybe ur is faulty.. Its a great device tho
What i find disturbing about your post is that you seem to think that Tecno relasing a Faulty phone (mine). Is not such a big deal. You didn't even frown at it. Ur post seems to tacitly suggest that it is a problem peculiar to my phone so it is OKAY. Well i think if it is a problem peculiar to my phone it is not OKAY. If it is a problem peculiar to your phone it is not OKAY. You and I deserve value for our money.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by girlking(f): 10:21am On Sep 15, 2015
salmaz:

Just switch off your phone and wait for 3 to 5 seconds then power on back it'll reset to Auto switching between Edge and 3G back.
However I'm not experiencing the problem you're having with apps not loading when you minimize them. Have you tried to update the particular app probably its not compatible with lollipop version or try to reboot your phone to see if that works.
The apps are up to date and I have tried rebooting the phone. Someone said it is because it uses 1GB RAM.

My opinion :They should not sacrifice private profit on the altar of thier consumers satisfaction. wen Infinix hotnote2 with 2GB RAM 19,500. Y should they make a phone of 25,800 with IGB RAm (which basically means u can't enjoy the phone) and make Nigerians believe it is virtually a dash.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by girlking(f): 10:25am On Sep 15, 2015
Melons:

The Camera with the flash is divine. Takes a while to understand though.
Mind sharing some tips on how to better utilize the camera?
I personally think The Camera and the Flash are good and Fantastic for a Tecno phone (later they would wonder y people stigmatize against Tecno.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by girlking(f): 10:29am On Sep 15, 2015
parrotibaba:
grin so let me get this straight, this phone sucks at multitasking?
You got it so straight I am beginning to think in your last life you were a civil Engineer grin
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by salmaz(m): 11:10am On Sep 15, 2015
girlking:

The apps are up to date and I have tried rebooting the phone. Someone said it is because it uses 1GB RAM.

My opinion :They should not sacrifice private profit on the altar of thier consumers satisfaction. wen Infinix hotnote2 with 2GB RAM 19,500. Y should they make a phone of 25,800 with IGB RAm (which basically means u can't enjoy the phone) and make Nigerians believe it is virtually a dash.
I don't think the problem is about the amount of RAM as it's said that one of Android Lollipop version advantage over kitkat is better RAM management but software problem from the OEM. I think TECNO have to release a software update to fix this bug in multitasking. For instance apps like swipe, du booster, bbm don't restart after clearing them from Recent apps tab. Hoping a fix will be available soonest.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Andking: 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
girlking:

i had this same problem, but like someone said lolipop aint that good in ram management, and i also noticed the tecno laucher actually sucks lots of ram, so try other launchers but i wud suggest u try nova launcher.

ever since i strted using nova launcher, the problem seized. i hope that helps and always try clear your cache from time to time.

girlking:

my dear just go to the infinix hot 2 thread and see lots of complains. dont just look at mere specs
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Andking: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
girlking:

You got it so straight I am beginning to think in your last life you were a civil Engineer grin

one thing u sud understand about mid range phones is that if u really wanna enjoy them u must be ready to tweak them to your satisfaction.

if u want a so perfect fone then u know the brands to patronise
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by aopes: 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2015
Please help oo, my phone is not charging up to 100%, and I just bought it not quite long(about 3wks ago). Though it charged to 100% twice, but after I had allowed the battery to run empty, it refuses to be fully charged. When it gets to 80-89%, it displays charging but will not move forward. What do I do? Should I give it more time- I've observed it for 6-7hrs, or should I return it? Thanks
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by parrotibaba(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
aopes:
Please help oo, my phone is not charging up to 100%, and I just bought it not quite long(about 3wks ago). Though it charged to 100% twice, but after I had allowed the battery to run empty, it refuses to be fully charged. When it gets to 80-89%, it displays charging but will not move forward. What do I do? Should I give it more time- I've observed it for 6-7hrs, or should I return it? Thanks
I think I read somewhere that the phone doesn't support fast charging, meaning it takes longer to charge so my advice is to be patient but if it persists then ur device is faulty.

Guys who have the phone should shed some more light on this multitasking issue. And if a tecno rep is here, he/she should dial up the company to roll out software updates to solve this shtako.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
girlking:

at the bolded,these phones have been up before c8 and you left them to buy Tecno. I am against anyone bashing a product because it's not suiting their needs. Not cool! I am using a c8 and it's working super cool for me!

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by aopes: 7:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
parrotibaba:
I think I read somewhere that the phone doesn't support fast charging, meaning it takes longer to charge so my advice is to be patient but if it persists then ur device is faulty.

Guys who have the phone should shed some more light on this multitasking issue. And if a tecno rep is here, he/she should dial up the company to roll out software updates to solve this shtako.
. Thanks. I will give it more time tonight
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by aopes: 8:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
salmaz:

Thanks for the info, but, when I tried it nothing happened, its still changing between E and 3G. Is it the network in my area or I'm missing something?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by libertyfo: 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
d camera hype of dis phone is damn too much...got disappointed wen I compared it wit a Samsung note3...mtchew!!!
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by girlking(f): 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
goldenruby:
at the bolded,these phones have been up before c8 and you left them to buy Tecno.
Yes. I left other phones and bought Tecno. Is that the offence for which I qm been punished?
goldenruby:

I am against anyone bashing a product because it's not suiting their needs

If u said don't bash products good products, okay. But don't bash products that don't suit the needs for which they were purchased sad
If the phone I buy with my money does not suit my needs, whose needs ought it to suit? And If I can't bash it when it is not suiting my needs isn't that against the very tenets of the Constitutionally guaranteed right to freedom of expression? Besides even the Bible says of what use is salt if it has no taste? [/quote] You hate a consumer bashing a product for not suiting her needs!!! grin EPIC!!!! What other things do you hate? grin Do you hate when consumers manufacturers praise phones or are you only "against" bashing deserving phones? Do you hate when people do not get value for their money or do you support a phone that has insane features you cannot enjoy because you must stay on one page?

goldenruby:
I am using a c8 and it's working super cool for me!
For real? See how mine and the rest of Camon C8 users phone acts. [/b]When you are on a browser and toggle to another app it reloads afresh on your return there by waiting expensive data and time. When you are say play store downloading an app the instant you leave the page to another app the page stops loading. THE PHONE IS CONSTANTLY CRASHING MINE HAS CRASHED LIKE three times today
If your own is different please let us exchange I would even give you 2K for your stress.
Or when you said it is super cool "for me" did you mean I am a 20th century die hard fan and all I do is answer calls and receive text messages so a phone that can only browse amd do absolutely no multi-tasking is super cool.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by libertyfo: 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
abt d multitask ish, I'll give it 7/10 bin enjoying it tho it hangs somtyms bt d flash @nyt is still d same....tecno shud improve on dat
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2015
henry007:
until i see a video orpicture of asphalt running on an IHNP, my conclusion is that it's simply not possible
I hope this settles your doubt, had to minimize this current thread, played asphalt and came back to send you these screen shots….. it was played on infinix hot note pro…. if you need more evidence let me know…. We all cannot buy phones for testing or review purposes, so I will gladly assist if possible, if you need any verification concerning the note pro.

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by girlking(f): 11:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
libertyfo:
d camera hype of dis phone is damn too much...got disappointed wen I compared it wit a Samsung note3...mtchew!!!

Note 3? NoTE3!!!! NOTE 3 IS A BOSS. Y didn't you carry Camon C8 for its funeral? you didn't even mention S1 or Or S2. The Camera is really nice sha. My back camera was described by a friend I sent the picture i took with it as WICKED

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 11:42pm On Sep 15, 2015
Please house help a brother out here.... Between the tecno camon c8, infinix hot note pro, injoo fire plus, which phone should I go for? Please I need advice based on the pros and cons of these devices. Personally I think injoo hsv3 poor screen quality. I haven't seen the fire pro to see if they have improved compared to previous products.
... Please I need advice especially from guys who have used and seen these phones mentioned
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Melons(f): 11:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
girlking:

Nope. GLo. And my other phone never had the issue. The phone is faulty. Manufacturers error. I am not the only one complaining

Oh! sorry sis.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Melons(f): 11:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
tunnamania11:
That was because u just bought it
No, a friend bought it. I'm still learning the hand. But it's pretty nice though.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Melons(f): 12:01am On Sep 16, 2015
girlking:

Mind sharing some tips on how to better utilize the camera?
I personally think The Camera and the Flash are good and Fantastic for a Tecno phone (later they would wonder y people stigmatize against Tecno.
I wish I could. I'm still trying to understand how it takes great shots, I've however taken a few decent shots.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (136) (Reply)

2go (system Version) Download / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook / List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.