Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. (713 Views)

10 Silly Things Men Should Stop This Year!!... / Igbo Men Or Yoruba Men Who Are More Open Minded To Marry Other Tribes? / Reasons Why Men Should Stop Patronizing Prostitutes(oloshos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
My friend got married 3 years ago. Last weekend we were gisting about family life and he told me that his wife knows what his monthly income is and every other bulk payments he gets from work. I asked him if he thought it was a good idea. His reason is that he does it to have peace of mind. That his wife has never asked him for what he cannot afford to give her. After a deep thought I decided to do the same.
So last Monday night I called my wife and showed her my recent letter of emolument and explained how our income comes monthly.
She looked at me in disbelief and wondered what had happened to me. This morning she presented me with a revised list of this month's expenses and Linda... for the first time since we got married I didn't complain. This is just to say that all men should try and be honest with their wives and forget pride. .. I cannot imagine what my savings will be by the end if this year. she's an ardent reader of your blog and I'm sure she will know I sent this story. .. but I don't mind.. my love for her just added another level.

source linda I
Re: Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by daniska3yaro(m): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hmmmm.
Re: Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
makes sense sha

wife yes, girlfriend [size=15pt]NO[/size]
Re: Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by powerfulsettingz: 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2015
That application only works for low earning users though
Never try that if u earn above 300k

3 Likes

Re: Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by enoqueen: 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
Very TRUE.

There will be peace and both can easily plan ahead.
Re: Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by babyfaceafrica: 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
I disagree..u deal with situations as they come..some women will plan on your money before you even collect it....my advise is its either you don't tell her at all..or you tell her 50 percent of what you collect .....meanwhile fufil all marital obligations,that's not negotiable!!...since I didn't ask for my wife salary,she should not ask for mine....finance is a hot topic in marriage ,if you don't treat it well,you are gonna fail.

1 Like

Re: Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by chibwike(m): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
Get married to your best friend
And these things won't matter
Re: Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by Chidexter(m): 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
If you die, how would she know where your assets, files, monies are??. So it can be claimed
Re: Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by grad2012(f): 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lols I wonder why dey hide it from der spouse
Re: Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by pbs4real(m): 6:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
grad2012:
Lols I wonder why dey hide it from der spouse
undecided
Re: Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by grad2012(f): 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
pbs4real:
undecided
pls be telling us now,why do you hide it from us ,so we won't ask you for plenty money nee, pls be telling us nah embarassed
Re: Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by GoodFaith: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
sinestro24:
My friend got married 3 years ago. Last weekend we were gisting about family life and he told me that his wife knows what his monthly income is and every other bulk payments he gets from work. I asked him if he thought it was a good idea. His reason is that he does it to have peace of mind. That his wife has never asked him for what he cannot afford to give her. After a deep thought I decided to do the same.
So last Monday night I called my wife and showed her my recent letter of emolument and explained how our income comes monthly.
She looked at me in disbelief and wondered what had happened to me. This morning she presented me with a revised list of this month's expenses and Linda... for the first time since we got married I didn't complain. This is just to say that all men should try and be honest with their wives and forget pride. .. I cannot imagine what my savings will be by the end if this year. she's an ardent reader of your blog and I'm sure she will know I sent this story. .. but I don't mind.. my love for her just added another level.

source linda I

woman wrapper
Other word Pussy
Re: Men Should Be More Open About Their Salary To Their Wives. by Captainswag225(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
imo, men should be open abt their salaries to their wives if only their wives will also be open abt theirs.

(1) (Reply)

She Rejects Him Thinking He’s A Nobody Then She Finds Out He’s Famous. Next? / Where Will You Be All Through Today? / 70 Yr Old Woman Married To 27 Yr Old Husband, Claiming To Be Pregnant (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.