Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) (57034 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Beats Wife, Shaves Hair With Knife For Following Him To Bet Shop / Man Beats Wife To Death Over N200 Gift / Winners Chapel Pastor Beats Wife In Benin, Threatens To Kill Her & Marry Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by dre11(m): 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
An indigene of Ilogbo in the Sango-Ota area of Ogun State, Marufu Olasoji, has beaten his wife, Kehinde Olasoji, to death for allegedly committing adultery.

It was learnt that the 35-year-old welder repeatedly hit the wife’s head with an iron until she gave up the ghost.

He was said to have sprayed cement on her face and fled the neighbourhood, leaving her in a pool of blood.

The incident happened around 8pm on Monday at the Chelsea neighbourhood of the Sango-Ota area.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Marufu had turned Kehinde, a hairdresser, who had three children for him, to a punch bag while their 15-year relationship lasted.

Our correspondent was told that the wife, aged 35, left the welder with her children three months ago when she could no longer endure the assault.

On the fateful day, she was said to have been invited by the suspect, who reportedly accused her of having extra-marital affairs. The accusation was said to have led to an altercation which led to Kehinde’s death.

It was learnt that policemen from the Onipanu Police Division, Ogun State, launched a manhunt for the husband after a neighbour reported the case at the station. He was eventually arrested around 6am on Tuesday.

While lamenting Kehinde’s death, her brother, Kolawole Akinbote, said she was the one responsible for the upkeep of the three children

He said, “He (Marufu) did not bother about the schooling and feeding of the children. She was the one taking care of them. Upon all that, he still beat her. Our mother was just discharged from a hospital, where she was admitted. She is 76. How will she handle this loss?”

The suspect told our correspondent that his late wife had come to collect a sum of N17,000 to buy a dryer when an argument ensued. He said he fled out of fear, adding that he really loved her.

He said, “I promised to buy her a dryer before she moved out. She called me around 7.30pm on Monday that she wanted to collect the N17,000 for the dryer. I told her to give me more time. She insisted she must have the money and started dragging my shirt. I just pulled her hands off, but unfortunately she fell and hit her head on some objects inside my room.

“When I observed that she was dead, I drank the cement but I later vomited it on her body.

“I pampered her and my children. In fact, it got to a point that some people were calling me all sorts of names because I cared for her a lot. I did not kill her intentionally. We were married for 15 years with three children. It was fear that made me flee. My second wife also has three children. She left because of disagreements.”

But the deceased’s twin sister, Taiye, said Kehinde was not in need of any dryer. She said frequent assaults forced her sister to leave the suspect.

Amidst tears, Taiye said the sister had just helped her to make her hair before she left home on the fateful day, adding that it was the only time she would leave home without telling her.

She said, “He was telling lies. She did not need any dryer. I gave her mine when I quit hairdressing. Who will I be talking to now? Is it by force to marry a man? What could she have done to warrant being beaten to death?

“He always beat her and most times, it was in the night. There was a time she called our parents around 11pm that Daddy Mariam (Marufu) was beating her. She was nursing a baby then. When my brothers and I got there, we saw a big stick in his hand with which he had inflicted injuries on her body.

“She was enduring the assaults because of her children. She eventually left him about three months ago with her children.”

A police source told our correspondent that the suspect would soon be transferred to the state police command in Eleweran.

The police spokesperson for the command, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the incident.

“The man beat his wife to death. He has been arrested and the matter will be investigated. He will be charged to court after the investigation,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/welder-beats-wife-to-death-for-alleged-adultery/

Picture of the killer husband and his dead wife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by INTROVERT(f): 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
This is just wicked, heartless & brutal.

see his face like sour ewudu soup.. angry

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by adebisiolumide5(m): 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
Wicked!!
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by kossyablaze(m): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
Just here to check the STATE.We need to pray for that state,seriously itz getting outta hand.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
This is too bad. He should face the music. Simple.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by lonelydora: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
I knew this will come from a certain region...... ***runs out of thread***

24 Likes

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by Tonniey(m): 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
He should also be beaten 2 death.
He is an animal in human skin

Click on d link below to get rid of ur excess and ugly fat

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by madridguy(m): 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
WICKEDNESS AT HIGHEST ORDER.
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by veekid(m): 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
iku lere eshe now abeg do the needful
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by momodub: 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
na wah ooo
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by qualityovenbake(m): 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
His a barbarian. He should feel the taste of his own medicine.

2 Likes

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by Dygeasy(m): 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by nerodenero: 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
Is chopping off the head the medicine for headache?
The suspect told our correspondent that his late wife had come to collect a sum of N17,000 to buy a dryer when an argument ensued. He said he fled out of fear, adding that he really loved her.
Does this devil know the meaning of love? He should face death penalty asap.

4 Likes

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by damiloladuke: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
that just so pathetic and I pray he get Justic served to him hot and spicy
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by writetopoker: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
b
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by tym92(m): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
hmn!!! in Ogun state?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
Check my signature
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by damiloladuke: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
I have always told people that the greatest virtue you could possess as an individual is patience. Anger can lead to so many evils.... it is well

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ MY FUNNY SECRET DIARY

1 Like

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by yorubaboiy: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
angry
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by IYANGBALI: 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
but why now?the thing no get metre now and he no dey finish
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by sigiyaya(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
I SAID IT BEFORE AND I AM SAYING IT AGAIN;
FEAR YORUBA lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by Oceemo(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
Poverty is d root of all evil not money. So pls d shld rephrase that statement.

1 Like

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by ultrazone2(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
sffsgg
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by admax(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
A life without Christ is a life full of crisis.

If you marry the wrong spouse, my dear you are already seeing the glimpse of hell.

7 Likes

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by happney65: 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ogun state again..Why be say Na there recent bad news dey happen?Too bad..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
Too bad...
Meanwhile religion is a scam and a slave tool... Come bk to ur creator enki...he is the father who heeds to prayer and answereth it asap. So far u acknowledges him. He doesn't need anything from u just for u to be that God he created u to be not a slave..

www.nairaland.com/2338294/must-read-why-how-became

Hail enki
Hail gusion
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by chi4ik4(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
very silly man. a man that beats up his wife is not worthy to be called man but idiot, let alone killing d wife.
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by ganiyu26(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
The man did wrong but Yoruba do said.. Ti a ba n ba eru wi ki a ba eru wi. She did wrong too

1 Like

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by Blakjewelry(m): 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
The fool should be beaten to death too
Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by jhydebaba(m): 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
The murderer does not deserves a beautiful wife as this in the first place.

_

_

Brutalised wife, please stop giving that excuse "I'm staying back cuz of my kids"

10 Likes

Re: Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) by pharmow: 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
The law should take its course. Witnesses should be interrogated and autopsy should be conducted. If the suspect is found guilty of 1st degree murder he should be sentenced to life imprisonment or face capital punishment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alex Badeh Assassinated On His Way To Abuja / A Russian Man Who Tried To Rob A Hair Salon Ended Up As A Sex Slave (Throwback) / Ritualists Behead 12-Year-Old Girl In Delta, Remove Vital Organs (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.