Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? (1301 Views)

Jehovah’s Witnesses Lose Court Battle To Suppress Freedom Of Speech / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
****grabs a seat****** observing
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
He was married to mary magdalene...
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by iamSi(m): 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
I heard there is this region in Nigeria where the resident hosts offer their wives for strangers to sleep with for the night as part of hospitality ... If you find yourself in this part of the world , no doubt you will carry on . Jesus was not hundred percent human . Read ur bible daily not just what your pastors tells you .
alexistaiwo:
****grabs a seat****** observing
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by misreal(m): 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
iamSi:
I heard there is this region in Nigeria where the resident hosts offer their wives for strangers to sleep with for the night as part of hospitality ... If you find yourself in this part of the world , no doubt you will carry on . Jesus was not hundred percent human . Read ur bible daily not just what your pastors tells you .
Jesus was hundred percent human my friend.if you think otherwise,how did Paul the apostle suppress sexual urges??...the simple answer to the op:s question is that Jesus was a man of fervent prayer.believe me,if you pray the way Jesus prayed,you will forget that women exist.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by iamSi(m): 7:54am On Aug 06, 2015
OH !!! I stand to be corrected ... You mean Jesus did not have some super-natural powers? Well when the scriptures describes Jesus as human it only meant that He has human feelings , cry, mourn, sad etc ... And If I forget that women exist what about the love God implanted into humans to have relations with ... Maybe u wanted to say We all have different missions. Jesus had his so I have mine
misreal:
Jesus was hundred percent human my friend.if you think otherwise,how did Paul the apostle suppress sexual urges??...the simple answer to the op:s question is that Jesus was a man of fervent prayer.believe me,if you pray the way Jesus prayed,you will forget that women exist.
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by tartar9(m): 8:04am On Aug 06, 2015
how are priests and monks able to do the same
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by misreal(m): 8:15am On Aug 06, 2015
iamSi:
OH !!! I stand to be corrected ... You mean Jesus did not have some super-natural powers? Well when the scriptures describes Jesus as human it only meant that He has human feelings , cry, mourn, sad etc ... And If I forget that women exist what about the love God implanted into humans to have relations with ... Maybe u wanted to say We all have different missions. Jesus had his so I have mine
Jesus was every bit a human,that is why he will never feel injustice when judging men on the last day..he was tempted the way you are being tempted.what kept him was his deep fellowship with his father and the holy ghost..if you want to have mastery over sexual urges,you have to painstakenly developed a relationship with the holy ghost..
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 9:39am On Aug 06, 2015
tartar9:

they mastabate in the bathroom...where nobody willl find out.

1 Like

Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 06, 2015
sonmvayina:

lol
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by mmsen: 10:05am On Aug 06, 2015
He used to move around with 12 dudes.

At least one of them was his paramour.

Either that or he had groupies.

1 Like

Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 06, 2015
mmsen:
He used to move around with 12 dudes.
At least one of them was his paramour.
Either that or he had groupies.
this is blasphemy. are u okay at all?

2 Likes

Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by mmsen: 10:22am On Aug 06, 2015
alexistaiwo:

this is blasphemy. are u okay at all?

Why is it blasphemous to speculate and ask questions?

Who/What are you trying to protect?
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by mmsen: 10:22am On Aug 06, 2015
tartar9:

We should all know by now that they do not stay celibate.
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by onetrack(m): 10:26am On Aug 06, 2015
sonmvayina:

I assume Jesus did the same, or else he had a lover.

1 Like

Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 10:29am On Aug 06, 2015
onetrack:

I assume Jesus did the same, or else he had a lover.

like i said ealier, he was married to mary magdalene..
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by Foxflames: 3:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
Jesus was tempted by satan. Remember satan offered him the world which included gold and women and he rebuked him. So by being faithful and prayerful to God u can overcome but not avoid temptations. Jesus had female friends...yet he kept them in the friendzone. It was tempting but he easily overcame those temptations

1 Like

Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by finofaya: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
He must have at least had lustful thoughts na. That much is implied in "temptation".
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by trapQ: 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2015
He didn't have lustful thoughts. Because from the scriptures, Jesus was without sin , and remember like Jesus said looking at a woman lustfully is adultery/ fornication.
finofaya:
He must have at least had lustful thoughts na. That much is implied in "temptation".
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by finofaya: 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2015
trapQ:
He didn't have lustful thoughts. Because from the scriptures, Jesus was without sin , and remember like Jesus said looking at a woman lustfully is adultery/ fornication.

But He had to have them in order to learn to suppress them. Unless Jesus was never tempted, in which case he doesn't know what we are going through.
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by trapQ: 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
He does my dear, he knows our deppest thoughts and, knows all our struggles. Its not easy tho
finofaya:

But He had to have them in order to learn to suppress them. Unless Jesus was never tempted, in which case he doesn't know what we are going through.
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by finofaya: 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
trapQ:
He does my dear, he knows our deppest thoughts and, knows all our struggles. Its not easy tho
angry angry
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
finofaya:
angry angry

you tire for the guy ramblings..
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by finofaya: 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
sonmvayina:

you tire for the guy ramblings..

He wasn't rambling. He just skirted the issue. I tire sha.
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
We all know JESUS came on a mission. So, He knew he wasn't going to get married and do all that stuff.

I bet they was nothing new to Him, because this guy has been - even before the creation of the universe

For a more practical example; I was growing up trying to not get sexually involved before the right time. And those years I remember that - I was really busy; from working to house chores and they're books to study and then there's choir rehearsals and church cleaning and evangelism or visiting this brother or sister in the Lord, and there're the youths to handle because I was among the youths excos, I was almost sleeping in church and if am not busy with one church activity or the other am at home trying to do all the house chores I can to please my mom.

There's hardly anytime to think of anything sexual. I did had sexual advances made at me even in church but there was no time to think through it.

But after I lost my busy lifestyle, I became more aware of the opposite sex and then every other thing followed

My point exactly?! If you studied Jesus' lifestyle you could tell that he was very busy --- if he wasn't running for his life, he had thousands of people to teach, feed and heal or he's fasting and praying for something or maybe having a one-on-one with the disciples.

A busy lifestyle for want you stand for does all the trick for ya, take Paul for instance
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2015
Thoniameek:
We all know JESUS came on a mission. So, He knew he wasn't going to get married and do all that stuff.

I bet they was nothing new to Him, because this guy has been - even before the creation of the universe

For a more practical example; I was growing up trying to not get sexually involved before the right time. And those years I remember that - I was really busy; from working to house chores and they're books to study and then there's choir rehearsals and church cleaning and evangelism or visiting this brother or sister in the Lord, and there're the youths to handle because I was among the youths excos, I was almost sleeping in church and if am not busy with one church activity or the other am at home trying to do all the house chores I can to please my mom.

There's hardly anytime to think of anything sexual. I did had sexual advances made at me even in church but there was no time to think through it.

But after I lost my busy lifestyle, I became more aware of the opposite sex and then every other thing followed

My point exactly?! If you studied Jesus' lifestyle you could tell that he was very busy --- if he wasn't running for his life, he had thousands of people to teach, feed and heal or he's fasting and praying for something or maybe having a one-on-one with the disciples.

A busy lifestyle for want you stand for does all the trick for ya, take Paul for instance
that was in those days. it almost impossible in this digital age
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
alexistaiwo:

that was in those days. it almost impossible in this digital age

"Almost" not totally smiley
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thoniameek:

"Almost" not totally smiley
stop deceiving yourself
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by modhream: 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
sonmvayina:

And you just made a lot of sense,right?. Where nobody will find out,and you know about it.
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
alexistaiwo:

stop deceiving yourself

I'm not, it is possible bro
It is....
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thoniameek:

I'm not, it is possible bro It is....
how??
Re: How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
alexistaiwo:

how??

Determination
Discipline
And the whole armour of God Ephesians 6:10-18

(1) (Reply)

These Old And The New Testament Of A Thing Is Really Causing Confusion. / Laxity, Moderation And Extremism In Islam By Baba Ali Mustapha / Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.