Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat (1374 Views)

As Roma Player Wears The Super Eagles And Roma jersey In Training (photos) / Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything / VIDEO: Watch Messi Head Butt, Grab Roma Player's Neck (DOWNLOAD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat by shalomm: 9:54am On Aug 06, 2015
Click on the Source to watch the Video

Yes, that's Messi headbutting Yanga-Mbiwa -- albeit after the Roma player had already leaned his head in -- and then upping the ante by grabbing his throat and shoving him back. You can just see Yanga-Mbiwa saying something at the edge of the frame as Messi approaches him, but no matter what he said, there's no justification for Messi's action.

Somehow, neither player was sent off, but don't be surprised if there's further punishment for these actions later on down the line, because that is in no way, shape, or form OK. Even if Yanga-Mbiwa said something awful, Messi should never have done what he did, and will fully deserve a harsh punishment should one be meted out. You just can't headbutt someone, and you certainly can't grab them by the throat like that.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015/8/5/9103825/lionel-messi-attacks-yanga-mbiwa-headbutt-throat-grab-barcelona-roma
Re: Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat by shalomm: 9:57am On Aug 06, 2015
sad

Messi is suppose to be ban, But Nothing from FIFA yet....politics...

"if na CR7, them for don tag am rude and probably give him 5-7 match ban"

CC lalasticlala crazyman ishilove. abeg make una help move this thread to FP make people see am oooo.... " Messi too gat emotion grin angry"

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat by Abbeyme: 10:00am On Aug 06, 2015
Notin spoil. Up Barca
Re: Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat by XTROVAT: 10:10am On Aug 06, 2015
That's FIFA's boy.
Notihing spoil cos dem no go do am anything.

In Nija it is called PDP
Re: Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat by shalomm: 10:25am On Aug 06, 2015
XTROVAT:
That's FIFA's boy.
Notihing spoil cos dem no go do am anything.

In Nija it is called PDP
Abbeyme:
Notin spoil. Up Barca

So are you guys saying that what he did wasn't wrong?

If na CR7 we no go hear word again oooo

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat by XTROVAT: 10:35am On Aug 06, 2015
shalomm:

Boss, I ain't saying what he did was right but all am point out is that the possibility of him being punished is infinitesimal.
Re: Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat by yoji: 11:11am On Aug 06, 2015
shalomm:

pls put sentiment aside and follow the rules. If the ref didn't see it, then the authorities can step in and punish him. But the ref saw it and took action by dishing out a yellow card. That in Fifas books has ended the matter. What you can say is that the ref was lenient but that is to his discretion. Besides it was jus a friendly game so what's the fuss about??
Fifa avoids stepping into a matter the ref has already decided so as not to undermine their authority.
Re: Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat by shalomm: 11:38am On Aug 06, 2015
yoji:

pls put sentiment aside and follow the rules. If the ref didn't see it, then the authorities can step in and punish him. But the ref saw it and took action by dishing out a yellow card. That in Fifas books has ended the matter. What you can say is that the ref was lenient but that is to his discretion. Besides it was jus a friendly game so what's the fuss about??
Fifa avoids stepping into a matter the ref has already decided so as not to undermine their authority.

" why d plenty English na? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you for just say Barca fan dey here"

What sentiment bro? i don't understand the sentiment part....

BTW did you watch the match?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat by shalomm: 11:39am On Aug 06, 2015
XTROVAT:

Boss, I ain't saying what he did was right but all am point out is that the possibility of him being punished is infinitesimal.

and why should the possibility be " extremely small" Mr?
Re: Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat by yoji: 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2015
shalomm:

" why d plenty English na? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you for just say Barca fan dey here"

What sentiment bro? i don't understand the sentiment part....

BTW did you watch the match?
am actually a man u fan so actually I should be biased considering that barca has beaten my team mercilessly the last two times we met in the champions league final.
didn't know my English was that complicated. Okay lemme try and break it down
Since ref don punish messi for the match with yellow card, FIFA considers it settled. If to say na off the ball incident, Fifa for do meeting on top him,head.
hope its clearer now
Re: Lionel Messi Loses His Mind, Head Butts, Grabs Roma Player’s Throat by shalomm: 9:47am On Aug 07, 2015
yoji:

am actually a man u fan so actually I should be biased considering that barca has beaten my team mercilessly the last two times we met in the champions league final.
didn't know my English was that complicated. Okay lemme try and break it down
Since ref don punish messi for the match with yellow card, FIFA considers it settled. If to say na off the ball incident, Fifa for do meeting on top him,head.
hope its clearer now

Lol! bros, your English isn't complicated ooo... was just joking...." i say why de plenty english" not why the complicated english....

sorry, i never knew u don't speak pidgin......

(1) (Reply)

Who Knew Sunday Oliseh Had Such A Cute Son? (photo) / Win Your Bets Everyday (free And Paid Service) / Can I View Live Football Match Online?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.