Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,474 members, 7,850,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:24 AM

2019: Saraki Should Forget About The Presidency and PDP's Ticket - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Saraki Should Forget About The Presidency and PDP's Ticket (12689 Views)

Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President / Melaye: No One Not Even Buhari Or Saraki Should Have Immunity / My Son Will Become The Youngest Governor Come 2019..saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Saraki Should Forget About The Presidency and PDP's Ticket by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 07, 2015
AprokoMan:
But, barcanista, has Saraki shown any sign that he's interested in the presidential seat or you're just forecasting a possibility? the man is a dubious fellow IMO but how are u able to tell he'll want a PDP ticket when the time comes? then your choice Dakwambo doesn't have a name that rings a bell. Why do u find him reliable?
My brother, Dankwambo is only a suggestion which I believe is credible and politically on point. A candidate don't have to be a media noisemaker, all he needs is good name and credibility. Then he will be sold to the electorates who will want to know him. Let me give you some instances...

In 2007, Odili, Ibori, IBB, Gusau, Atiku etc were the most "prominent" and noisemakers to succeed Obj but Yar'adua that is relatively unknown became the PDP candidate, marketed, sold and elected. Same 2007 GEJ was the "least" to be considered VP, he wasn't even in consideration when Obong Attah, Ibori, Odili etc were there. But he was considerd and chosen.

Same 2007, Fashola was a "nobody" when there was Obanikoro, Afikuyomi, Adeniji Adele etc..but he won the ACN/APC ticket and was marketed/elected Lagos state Governor.

In 2013 Anambra election, Soludo and Andy Ubah were the most "prominent" but Obiano was chosen as APGA and elected. Even in 2015, Yemi Osinbajo was not a force for the VP when Govs Amaechi, Rochas, Oshio etc were in contention. But we know the story.

The ko-ko is that our (PDP) candidate only need credibility and relative acceptance. Marketing him won't be a huge task.

As for Saraki, we know his antics, he should forget about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Saraki Should Forget About The Presidency and PDP's Ticket by AprokoMan: 9:03am On Aug 07, 2015
barcanista:

My brother, Dankwambo is only a suggestion which I believe is credible and politically on point. A candidate don't have to be a media noisemaker, all he needs is good name and credibility. Then he will be sold to the electorates who will want to know him. Let me give you some instances...

In 2007, Odili, Ibori, IBB, Gusau, Atiku etc were the most "prominent" and noisemakers to succeed Obj but Yar'adua that is relatively unknown became the PDP candidate, marketed, sold and elected. Same 2007 GEJ was the "least" to be considered VP, he wasn't even in consideration when Obong Attah, Ibori, Odili etc were there. But he was considerd and chosen.

Same 2007, Fashola was a "nobody" when there was Obanikoro, Afikuyomi, Adeniji Adele etc..but he won the ACN/APC ticket and was marketed/elected Lagos state Governor.

In 2013 Anambra election, Soludo and Andy Ubah were the most "prominent" but Obiano was chosen as APGA and elected. Even in 2015, Yemi Osinbajo was not a force for the VP when Govs Amaechi, Rochas, Oshio etc were in contention. But we know the story.

The ko-ko is that our (PDP) candidate only need credibility and relative acceptance. Marketing him won't be a huge task.

Alright, thanks for the detailed explanation. i'm still learning anyway

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Saraki Should Forget About The Presidency and PDP's Ticket by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 07, 2015
AprokoMan:

Alright, thanks for the detailed explanation. i'm still learning anyway
Welcome brother mi

1 Like

Re: 2019: Saraki Should Forget About The Presidency and PDP's Ticket by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
buhari is still d one we were waiting for, but he will not change d present structure,

Enjoy boy
Re: 2019: Saraki Should Forget About The Presidency and PDP's Ticket by Isuata: 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
Yes the analysis is true

the missing bit of it; who will bankroll, sponsor and market the new PDP aspirants as it is; the power house the party use to enjoy has faded and a new power house has emerged within the APC. Without a power house, PDP needs credible and popular candidates for 2019.

But, hey- it still early days with the PMB govt, we go continue to watch

GOD bless Nigeria

barcanista:

Re: 2019: Saraki Should Forget About The Presidency and PDP's Ticket by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
Isuata:
Yes the analysis is true

the missing bit of it; who will bankroll, sponsor and market the new PDP aspirants as it is; the power house the party use to enjoy has faded and a new power house has emerged within the APC. Without a power house, PDP needs credible and popular candidates for 2019.

But, hey- it still early days with the PMB govt, we go continue to watch

GOD bless Nigeria

that's why We need to put the best forward
Re: 2019: Saraki Should Forget About The Presidency and PDP's Ticket by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 09, 2015
temitemi1:
Grandmother, barcanista didn't mention ur name here na. U need to face ur husband if u have one n stop running ur mouth after barcanista thread ma cool

She is not yet married. A known hoe in Igboland.
Re: 2019: Saraki Should Forget About The Presidency and PDP's Ticket by temitemi1(m): 9:53am On Aug 09, 2015
Hmmm...
exxell:

She is not yet married. A known hoe in Igboland.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abba Kyari, Lai Mohammed & Others Visit Victims Of IDP Camp Bombing In Hospital / 21,084 police officers, 3 helicopters for Anambra governorship election / Supreme Court Dismisses Oni’s Suit, Upholds Fayemi’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.