Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? (12837 Views)

Principal Gets Death Threats For Releasing Buhari’s Results / Threats From Buhari Supporters On Social Media In 2015 Election ( Pictures) / Lai Alabi Fmr MD Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by hassymo5(m): 10:05am On Mar 23, 2009
that was a joke my brother
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by naso2(m): 10:07am On Mar 23, 2009
FKseun:

@ Gestapo:  If i were to be a staff of Intercontinental Bank, I would have threatened you as well. Freedom of speech does not mean making unguarded or unsubstantiated comments. In this period of global economic meltdown where a lot of people are apprehensive about their finances and jobs, it is irresponsible for people to make careless remarks. What do you think would happen when if people panic and start making unnecessary withdrawals?  We should be responsible in our actions!

CORRECT WORD. no mind the joker who expects people to just watch her use unrelated items to arrive at a weak conclusion. What we the customers want is that the mgt of the bank revisit some policies and I think they have started retracing their steps. so wetin bring distress for the matter. Even the FBNs of this world would not survive a massive run by depositors
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by cecegorz(m): 10:20am On Mar 23, 2009
@ALL  This is a serious headline on the homepage  but after going through the post, i made some Intelligent observations :

check it out.

1. The poster 'gestapo'  whose profile shows (female) actually copied the link from saharareporters.com

2. The threat is addressed to a blogger named Dayo Coker  (male)

3. The mail actually came from a profile named  <cpuibadan@intercontinentalbankplc.com>

4. The sender now mailed it to  <Dayo.coker@gmail.com> and copied <corporate affairs@intercontinentalbankplc.com>

Inference from the above observations

1. The sender's view does not necessarily mean that of the company given that he is supposed to be in Ibadan while IB plc has their head office in Lagos

2. The sender clearly mentioned 'those of us who are here and who eat from here' showing its an individual threat trying to protect their  source of daily bread

3. The sender may have shot himself in the leg by exposing himself using the company's mail facility in sending such unprofessional mail, if its in my company he sure will be facing the disciplinary committee, first thing  this mornig

4. The blogger should know that spreading unsubstanciated iliquidity rumour about a bank can create an unecessary panic amongst depositors who can in turn start calling in to retrieve their deposits, thus leading to an eventual actual collapse, when this happens, it goes on to become a self fufilling prophecy

5. IB plc should hunt down the blogger and officially charge him to court ( hoping that the country has appropriate legal framework to cover that)

6. IB plc should roll out a serious PR machinery inorder to quell this rumour as we say in Igbo land ''Ngbayo nwa ogaranya ka ogbugbu ya'' (maligning a noble man is worse than his murder)
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by hassymo5(m): 10:21am On Mar 23, 2009
how can i start a topic on the front page of NL,JUST like the one i reply now.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by toosoon(m): 10:54am On Mar 23, 2009
hassymo5:

how can i start a topic on the front page of NL,JUST like the one i reply now.

Just open your topic, if substancial it will be move to front page.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by invisible2(m): 11:17am On Mar 23, 2009
Just another disgruntled element trying to create confusion amongst bank customers.

If you are real, then provide us a link to your blog, you can see mine beneath this post.

Many newspapers has written about many banks and alleged ill health, and the banks are surging forward, paying dividends and honoring other obligations and some are still trying to gain cheap relevance by insisting the banks are sick, even without any further proof.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by luvinhubby(m): 11:41am On Mar 23, 2009
have you heard of the word "CORPORATE IMAGE". Good name is better than silver and gold (money). U don`t spoil a man`s name with unsubstanstiated figures and expect him to keep quiet, as a "man" he should react appropriately.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by blacklion(m): 11:47am On Mar 23, 2009
Intercontinental propagandists,

Abeg, pls clarify the rumour of $200m exposure to Ibori in the Wilbros acquisition deal. Thank you.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by gudlook(m): 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2009
@gestapo

you sounded as if the threat message was sent directly to you. Freedom of speech does not mean people should not have control over their mouth or they should have "purging mouth" let all the IBPLC heaters prove with facts that the Bank is sick. I also think gestapo is a transgendered.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by felifeli: 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2009
It is quite interesting that the owner of this forum does not feel concerned that he could be prosecuted and his precious web site shut down for promoting these slanderous rubbish. I am serious.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by blacklion(m): 1:25pm On Mar 23, 2009
felifeli:

It is quite interesting that the owner of this forum does not feel concerned that he could be prosecuted and his precious web site shut down for promoting these slanderous rubbish. I am serious.

Go ahead if you have the guts. Put your money where your big mouth is. Slander indeed grin

Abeg, second base ojare shocked

see bankers pizzing in their pants anyhowsmiley
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by Jaychuks(m): 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2009
I hope this blogger is not a paid agent working for some desperate and wicked clique that does not wish this country well. We are not fools in this nation for you to just come up with one rubbish and expect us to follow you blindly.

Who are you working for? Are you a staff of CBN? Or you are working for NDIC? What qualifies you to be the one informing Nigerians about distress in the Banking sector? Please, Nigerians are already suffering much, a lot of industries are closing shops, millions are losing their jobs. Don't be an instrument in the hands of very few powerful and selfish Nigerians to distroy the banking industry and send thousands of your brothers and sisters out of their jobs.

If you have conscience, I believe you will tread softly.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by Skywalker5(m): 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2009
Jaychuks:

I hope this blogger is not a paid agent working for some desperate and wicked clique that does not wish this country well. We are not fools in this nation for you to just come up with one rubbish and expect us to follow you blindly.

Who are you working for? Are you a staff of CBN? Or you are working for NDIC? What qualifies you to be the one informing Nigerians about distress in the Banking sector? Please, Nigerians are already suffering much, a lot of industries are closing shops, millions are losing their jobs. Don't be an instrument in the hands of very few powerful and selfish Nigerians to distroy the banking industry and send thousands of your brothers and sisters out of their jobs.

If you have conscience, I believe you will tread softly.

Na wa oo. So Industries don dey shut down for Naija self? shocked shocked I though CBN governor said it wont affect.He talked about one money reserved from crude oil or something? undecided undecided
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by Jaychuks(m): 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2009
Yes, Industries have been closing shops in Nigeria for long not because of the so called 'Economic Meltdown'. Meltdown has been in Nigeria for a long not now, NEPA 'meltdown', bad roads, etc, are more than enough to shut down industries. Here, a lot of things are not the way thay are suppose to be, that's why some of us are begging our fellow Nigerians not to cause more problems to the existing ones.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by notime: 3:13pm On Mar 23, 2009
who says he was threatened ? you are a big liar, WHO YOU BE? wey bank go threaten you, ABEG,SHUT UP GO SLEEP. Intercontinental Bank remains the Best.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by notime: 3:15pm On Mar 23, 2009
some people go just come nairaland con dey yarn dust.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by qblaze(m): 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2009
INTERCONTINENTAL BANK ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE.

Intercontinental Bank, one of Nigeria’s high-flying banks is facing serious difficulties that could force it into liquidation before the end of 2009. The bank’s precarious situation is due to its huge exposure to toxic loans to stockbrokers and importers of petroleum products.

While CBN has offered a stout defence of the bank’s financial position, a detailed investigation by THE INSIDER has confirmed that Intercontinental’s net assets are dwindling by the hour. The FIRS recently stopped the bank from collecting revenue and the EFCC has invited some of the bank’s top brass over the 19 billion facility given to Alhaji Shehu Badamasi, the CEO of Tanzila Petroleum.

The bank recently tried to raise some money by increasing its minimum savings balance from 1000 to 10000 hoping to use the cash to bolster its books. The move backfired as the general public could not understand the rationale behind the directive. As people rushed to withdraw their funds, the bank shut down its systems on March 6, 2008 and later blamed it on a technological problem.

Staffers of Intercontinental are already looking for jobs in other banks as it has become obvious that only a miracle will save Erastus Akingbola’s empire. His well publicized plans to buy a Rolls Royce Phantom on his sixtieth birthday may soon have to be placed on hold as the stark reality finally dawns on him.

Yesterday’s CBN directive would have carried more weight if the agency could be trusted. Professor Soludo promised depositors before the consolidation that no depositor would lose his money after the merger process. That turned out to be a blatant lie. Sylvester Odigie, a prominent businessman still has 300 million trapped in Fortune Bank not to talk of smaller customers that cannot afford to publicize their plight on the pages of newspapers. Soludo knows that there is a 95% chance that he will not be offered a second term at the helm of the CBN so he can afford to endorse Intercontinental Bank knowing that he is on his way out.

By the way, Intercontinental Bank has developed the habit of using its “Best Bank in Nigeria” award as a cudgel. Whenever, the bank receives bad press, it reminds us that The Banker, an affiliate of The FT named it as the Bank of The Year for 2008. But the same lazy researchers at The Banker, a PR rag, said that Spring Bank was one of Nigeria’s top five banks. A few months later, Spring Bank nearly collapsed. Lesson: Awards mean nothing. Always do your own due diligence.

By the way, I received a “damage control” text message from Intercontinental Bank today. It read, “Dear esteemed customer, the minimum balance on your savings account remains N1,000. Kindly disregard our earlier SMS on the increase. We regret any inconveniences and appreciate your continued patronage.” It came too late. I’ve already cleaned out my account. I advise you to do the same.

UBA AXES PRESTIGE BANK.

Remember that sexy advert with a goldfish in a bowl and the caption, “You’ll find it a little less crowded”? Well, it seems UBA’s foray into luxury banking has been short-lived. A source who spoke on the condition of anonymity says that Funmi Omitowoju, the MD of UBA Prestige Bank, could not meet her targets and was poaching customers from UBA Plc Regular. Unfortunately, Tony Elumelu doesn’t find such actions funny and the ex-MTN executive was quickly shown the way out.

COMMENTS?

Dayo Coker
Ex-Editor,
NIGERIAREPORTERS.COM

BACK TO INTERCONTINENTAL BANK

After publishing my article on Intercontinental Bank last week, I received lots of emails from the bank’s staffers. Most of them were expectedly laced with vitriol and insults but I couldn’t help noticing a disturbing trend. First, not one of the writers bothered to deal with the questions raised in the article.

Second, 90% of the people that replied me couldn’t write an error-free sentence. Their mangled English and intellectual dwarfism got me thinking about the bank’s criteria for hiring its staff.

Third, nearly 60% of Intercontinental Bank workers appear to be “born-again” Christians and they defend their bank with religious fanaticism. How do I know? Their emails were usually signed with stuff like; “We will succeed in Jesus name” and suchlike.

I don’t reveal my sources but I’ve decided to publish some of the emails since none of them asked me not to.

Victor Igbokwe <Igbokwe.Victor@intercontinentalbankplc.com>

This is cheap publicity for one of the top 500 banks in the world,

You can only make us more popular by this unwholesome act of yours

You cannot achieve anything through this,

You will only destroy yourself from trying to destroy what others labored for

Better repent or face your doom!

Thelma Onyewuchi <Onyewuchi.Thelma@intercontinentalbankplc.com>

Dear Ex-editor,

What’s worth doing is worth doing well. Next time you decide to de-market a bank, state facts and figures. You are a disgrace to the media. How much were you paid?

Adeola M. Oyewole <Oyewole.Adeola@intercontinentalbankplc.com>

Dayo,
you sound educated and learned but unfortuntely…i dont think you have sense.you mean you could waste precious time to do a write up like this.obviously time is not precious to me.cant exchange words with you though,but lets have your account number and real name if you are really sure of yourself.no pen name please.once you do that we can now verfy your claims.am very sure you are not a customer,you are paid to do this.

Adeola Oyewole
Relationship Officer
Retail&Personal Banking
A2,Ahmadu Bello Way
Kaduna
Tel:062 243323
Mobile:0802 310 4504

INTERCONTINENTAL BANK IS OUR JERUSALEM,…….LETS KEEP PRAYING

OLOWOLERU OLAITAN
RELATIONSHIP OFFICER
AHMADU BELLO WAY KD
062-243325,243323

…….SERVICE WITH EMPATHY.

Na wa ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can some one sit to write this and place it on the paper in the name of gaining fame.

Afterall,our bank is not the only one that may be exposed,

So why the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titilayomi Ogunlaja

Intercontinental bank Plc,

Matori branch

125,Ladipo street,Matori,Lagos.

08057310451;08022470954;01-2771288

We cannot afford to be emotional/sentimental about the issues of destiny.

Have you guys seen this?

The Lord indeed is our defence!

?Regards

OMOKOWAJO BOSEDE

OPERATIONS – WILLOUGHBY

Be kinder than necessary becos everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.juggling

Oladesu Stephen <Oladesu.Stephen@intercontinentalbankplc.com>

stop this negative campaign against IBPLC.

This bank is built on the solid rock of God and as such cannot be shaken.

Not even you and your 1000 other detractors.

Oladesu Stephen

BOM

Bornoway Branch 152

08036744354, 018979798

james amingo <bdiddy77amingo@yahoo.com>

when did the GCE told you that he wants to but anything.You just woke up and start thinking rubbish, you are a big fool.mind you i am a staff of intercontinental bank and i firmly assure you that all of us are going no where.i cant just imagine that people like you are still alive.you still have the guts to tell people to make comments.Let me tell you something, if you think you can destroy what the Lord has build you are just deceiving yourself.For your information intercontinental bank is build on a solid rock.Try to find another means cause we are still having more and more customers everyday.OH!sorry thanks for the advert,,i should call this advert….oh thanks a lot.IDIOT.

Esan.Abayomi@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,

cc MAZAMAZA BRANCH -19 <MazamazaBranchIB@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
Owerri- 21 Whetheral Road -33 <owerribranch@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
Owerri- 117 Whetheral Road -199 <OwerriEQY@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
Owerri- Bank Road- 340 <Owerri-BankRoad-340@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
LOKOJA BRANCH -80 <LokojaBranchIB@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
OKENE BRANCH -288 <Okenebranch@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
OBAJANA BRANCH -231 <ObajanaBranch@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
DAMATURU BRANCH -55 <DamaturuBranchIB@intercontinentalbankplc.com>

Hello Dayo,

I want to believe that it is sometimes good to make a proper research before a mail like this is released to the general public. As you know that this will have a far more damaging effect than expected. INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC is banks that is FAR from COLLAPSING, and if you think this is not true, then visit the fact behind the figures.

INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC recently has just been rated one of the TOP 500 banks in the world and 2nd in NIGERIA after First Bank Plc. This kind of rating don’t just come but with hard work and dedication to our numerous customers. I think it will be good to brush up your memory a little, INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC is one of the first bank to cross the $1B Deposit benchmark and only last year did the bank won the BEST BANK OF THE AWARD. (This was CONFERED on the bank outside the shores of this country).

From your name (DAYO), you must be from the west, so I should give you some adage. (ILE TI ABA FI ITO MO, IRI NIO WO) A HOUSE BUILDED WITH SPITTLE, WILL DEFINITELY CRUSH AT THE SIGHT OF THE MORNING DEW.INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC is not a house built with spittle and DEFINITELY WILL STAND FOR POSTERITY TO SEE. I think it is better for you to go back to the achieves and see the challenges faced by the founding fathers of the bank before the bank became what it is today. I don’t need to remind you of our services because our numerous customers are one of the most satisfied customers in the industry and likewise our staff are among the most dedicated staff in the industry. I can go on and on but I believe this piece will do.

I know that organization and people are been paid to blackmail one another but I don’t want to believe that anyone paid you to do this, please desist from this dangerous act.

Thank you.

Esan B. Abayomi,

Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna

If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything ……So, STAND.

Paul Dada
to me, I-

show details Mar 20 (3 days ago)

Bros, pls stop impersonate our bank. What you don’t know is this, if at all you suicide in rain down the bank through your rumour mongering, you can not tarnished the image of Erestus Akingbola which as build right from the time but you can’t only increase rate of unemployment among the youth including me. Because my Baba (Erestus) has all ready worked to sustain his own life & also the life of his entire family. To your own part, prosperity will never forgiving you and your generation. I believe one or two of your families will definitely affected with unemployment. If you have grudge with Baba this is not the right way to tackle it come directly to him I know Him is a man of god, He will surely give you listen hear. Be guided Ex-Editor NIGERIAREPORTERS.COM.

DADA PAUL OLORUNLEKE (DPO)
Retail & Personal Banking
Intercontinental Bank PLC
Makurdi Branch
dominion_dpo@yahoo.com

Heading image
…, joint spirit is the best key toward development……………

Sent: Fri 3/20/2009 12:57 PM
To: MAKURDI BRANCH -53
Subject: FW: INTERCONTINENTAL ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE

My people, We need prayer & fasting this time………………………………

DADA PAUL OLORUNLEKE (DPO)
Retail & Personal Banking
Intercontinental Bank PLC
Makurdi Branch
dominion_dpo@yahoo.com

Heading image
…, joint spirit is the best key toward development……………

Sent: Fri 3/20/2009 11:54 AM
To: I- GLOBAL -( Mar 11-May 17, 2008); Femi Enigbokan

Can you imagine this?

May God help us,save us and bless intercontinental in Jesus name….AMEN !!!

Odimgbe Marita
Relationship Officer,
Adeniran Ogunsanya,
Surulere;
Lagos.

Telephone; 08038183310
01-2771137
01-2770047

He lives in me……….!

Sent: Fri 20/03/2009 11:42 AM
To: SURULERE -ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA BRANCH -18

HELLO MY PPLE,

KINDLY USE THIS WEEKEND TO PROMOTE THE BANK, REMEMBER THAT THIS IS OUR JERUSALEM.

GOD BLESS INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC, AMEN.

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND.

ESAN OLAYINKA
CASH OFFICER
71/74 ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA, SURULERE
TEL: 2770048, 2771137
MOBILE;08038063912, 01-8783970

Sent: Fri 20/03/2009 11:17 AM
To: Olayinka Esan; Stephen agha
Cc: Jessica Unwana

can you imagine this?

?Regards,
ime UMOH I Intercontinental Bank Plc I CPU, BROAD STREET 2 BRANCH I Lagos
08023545370 I E-mail: UMOH.ime@intercontinentalbankplc.com

Sent: Fri 20/03/2009 11:00 AM
To: ime UMOH

Ladi-osunkoya A Adetutu
CPU
Broad street

“I will do my PART to delight our customers,Have you done yours?
HAPPY CUSTOMER HAPPY BANK.

Sent: Fri 20/03/2009 10:17
To: Ikeja-Toyin St Branch -12

Rumour mongers can go to any length like this one

Sent: 19 March 2009 18:49
To: PHOENIX 113 (May12 -June 18, 2008); MAZAMAZA BRANCH -19

…this is what shoulda been the headlines in at least 6 major newspapers tomorrow!!!
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by Skywalker5(m): 3:47pm On Mar 23, 2009
WTF shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by Skywalker5(m): 3:49pm On Mar 23, 2009
@poster

Are these intercontinental banks staffs??

ROFLMAO grin grin grin

So why the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously,is anything wrong with this bank? I heard some Naijas here in Uk talking about the bank
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by qblaze(m): 3:54pm On Mar 23, 2009
I finally tracked down the guy's blog at dayocoker..

He's got some crazy allegations in there.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by notime: 3:55pm On Mar 23, 2009
@skywalker, nor mind that guy ? u don see threat b4? if dem really threaten am, he nor go get time dey con type this rubbish here. Dont be surprise say if you check properly, he fit dey work with another bank. this might be his target-to send panic to Nigerians about intercontinental. Do you even have an account with ICB ? And if yes. how much is ur account balance.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by dgreatrock(m): 4:11pm On Mar 23, 2009
felifeli:

where is our freedom of expession?
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by dgreatrock(m): 4:36pm On Mar 23, 2009
notime:

some people go just come nairaland con dey yarn dust.
notime:

who says he was threatened ? you are a big liar, WHO YOU BE? wey bank go threaten you, ABEG,SHUT UP GO SLEEP. Intercontinental Bank remains the Best.

The propanganda is strong here.
If the guy felt he is threatened he has the right to say so. I guess you guys are icb plc folks who are rushing to the bank's rescue. the number of their posts shows that they hurriedly registered on NL to defend the bank. We must learn to take the truth as the truth, even if it is bitter!
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2009
Rumors
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by gestapo(f): 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2009
Victor Igbokwe <Igbokwe.Victor@intercontinentalbankplc.com>

This is cheap publicity for one of the top 500 banks in the world,

You can only make us more popular by this unwholesome act of yours

You cannot achieve anything through this,

You will only destroy yourself from trying to destroy what others labored for

Better repent or face your doom!

Thelma Onyewuchi <Onyewuchi.Thelma@intercontinentalbankplc.com>

Dear Ex-editor,

What’s worth doing is worth doing well. Next time you decide to de-market a bank, state facts and figures. You are a disgrace to the media. How much were you paid?

Adeola M. Oyewole <Oyewole.Adeola@intercontinentalbankplc.com>

Dayo,
you sound educated and learned but unfortuntely…i dont think you have sense.you mean you could waste precious time to do a write up like this.obviously time is not precious to me.cant exchange words with you though,but lets have your account number and real name if you are really sure of yourself.no pen name please.once you do that we can now verfy your claims.am very sure you are not a customer,you are paid to do this.

Adeola Oyewole
Relationship Officer
Retail&Personal Banking
A2,Ahmadu Bello Way
Kaduna
Tel:062,
Mobile:080,

OLOWOLERU OLAITAN
RELATIONSHIP OFFICER
AHMADU BELLO WAY KD
062, ,243323

…….SERVICE WITH EMPATHY.

Na wa ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can some one sit to write this and place it on the paper in the name of gaining fame.

Titilayomi Ogunlaja

Intercontinental bank Plc,

Matori branch

125,Ladipo street,Matori,Lagos.

08057310451;08022470954;01-,

We cannot afford to be emotional/sentimental about the issues of destiny.

[b]
Esan.Abayomi@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,

cc MAZAMAZA BRANCH -19 <MazamazaBranchIB@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
Owerri- 21 Whetheral Road -33 <owerribranch@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
Owerri- 117 Whetheral Road -199 <OwerriEQY@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
Owerri- Bank Road- 340 <Owerri-BankRoad-340@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
LOKOJA BRANCH -80 <LokojaBranchIB@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
OKENE BRANCH -288 <Okenebranch@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
OBAJANA BRANCH -231 <ObajanaBranch@intercontinentalbankplc.com>,
DAMATURU BRANCH -55 <DamaturuBranchIB@intercontinentalbankplc.com>

Hello Dayo,

I want to believe that it is sometimes good to make a proper research before a mail like this is released to the general public. As you know that this will have a far more damaging effect than expected. INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC is banks that is FAR from COLLAPSING, and if you think this is not true, then visit the fact behind the figures.

INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC recently has just been rated one of the TOP 500 banks in the world and 2nd in NIGERIA after First Bank Plc. This kind of rating don’t just come but with hard work and dedication to our numerous customers. I think it will be good to brush up your memory a little, INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC is one of the first bank to cross the $1B Deposit benchmark and only last year did the bank won the BEST BANK OF THE AWARD. (This was CONFERED on the bank outside the shores of this country).

From your name (DAYO), you must be from the west, so I should give you some adage. (ILE TI ABA FI ITO MO, IRI NIO WO) A HOUSE BUILDED WITH SPITTLE, WILL DEFINITELY CRUSH AT THE SIGHT OF THE MORNING DEW.INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC is not a house built with spittle and DEFINITELY WILL STAND FOR POSTERITY TO SEE. I think it is better for you to go back to the achieves and see the challenges faced by the founding fathers of the bank before the bank became what it is today. I don’t need to remind you of our services because our numerous customers are one of the most satisfied customers in the industry and likewise our staff are among the most dedicated staff in the industry. I can go on and on but I believe this piece will do.

I know that organization and people are been paid to blackmail one another but I don’t want to believe that anyone paid you to do this, please desist from this dangerous act.

Thank you.

Esan B. Abayomi,

Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna

If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything ……So, STAND.[/b]
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by ebogentle(m): 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2009
Intercontinental bank sent me a mail 2day as they do every month regarding the maturity of my fixed deposit investment. I think i am satisfied with their capacity to function as a bank. So de-marketers, you 'll have to do a lot better than cheap shots such as these.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by nanaboi(m): 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2009
There's absolutely nothing wrong in someone expressing his fear or amazement if he feels threatened or dazed. The blogger did just that.

There's also nothing wrong in someone copying a topic they feel is hot and pasting it here on Nairaland. The poster of this thread did just that, and o he's so right - a front page on Nairaland, 4 pages of reactions, more thatn 2 by-the-way one-on-ones - what more can I say?

Keep talking y'all, the topic is interesting.

Oh, and there's a whole world of sense in the admin of this site publishing this HOT topic on the front page.
Thank you.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by neogogo(f): 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2009
@ everyone on this thread that works @ Intercontinental:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys have really exposed yourself! If anyone is "DEMARKETING" your precious employer (demarketing: a term only a brainwashed bank employee would use!) it is you!!!

The only reason this topic is on the front page is because of all your shameless, vicious, retarded, illogical responses to the initial post!

When Dayo (the blog writer not the topic poster for those of you pretending not to see the facts) described the mangled english and intellectual dwarfism of his would be attackers he really struck the nail on the head (notice any similarities on this thread?)!!! What is the process for getting employed at your bank? Being able to point at your nose?

Seriously, thanks to your stupid posts and responses I wouldn't touch your bank with 10 foot pole. No way I'm letting people with the intellectual capacity of plants get their hands on my money!!!!
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by devayid(m): 8:40pm On Mar 23, 2009
@neogogo

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

saved me the trouble  grin
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by PapaBrowne(m): 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2009
neogogo:

Seriously, thanks to your stupid posts and responses I wouldn't touch your bank with 10 foot pole. No way I'm letting people with the intellectual capacity of plants get their hands on my money!!!!

I doubt you have any money! Asides, if you do, i doubt Intercontinental bank would need a dime of your money, as they've been thriving without it over the years!

I went to a branch of Intercontinental bank today to deposit some cash. I thought I would see lines of panicky customers looking to withdraw their money!
I saw the exact opposite. There was a line of depositors even in the bulk room section!

Then it hit me, majority of Nigerians don't use the internet. Those that do don't even visit Nairaland or that Dayo Coker guy's blog. If at all anyone does, it would be job seekers, and hey . . . . , job seekers have little or no money in their bank accounts.
So de-marketing over the internet is a huge waste of time.

The newspapers where most Nigerians get their information from is already singing Intercontinental's praise!
Today's Guardian has it that Intercontinental opened 25 new branches just recently and would be opening more soon!
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by oderemo(m): 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2009
So de-marketing over the internet is a huge waste of time.

so why the panic , cbn defence and all the jazz.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by PapaBrowne(m): 11:12pm On Mar 23, 2009
ode remo:

so why the panic , cbn defence and all the jazz.
That's exactly what I thought to myself!
I think it's probably because people overestimate the popularity of the internet or even Nairaland amongst Nigerians!
I doubt up to 500 people in a country of 140 million have seen this article!

My concern is not exactly for Intercontinental Bank! My concern is the negativity in the mind of most people!
Hence, I'm still asking this question that keeps bothering me about Nigerians?
Why would anyone seek the downfall of a private company? Where did Nigerians get this pull-down-any-successful-thing mentality?
Why are we so desirous of seeing the downfall of successful people, companies or organizations
I am afraid of this mentality because I see it everyday. Every poor person is praying for the downfall of a successful person! Why? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election / Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate / Now I Accept Buhari Hates The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.