Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,388 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It (7591 Views)

How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today / Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Biafrans Can Survive If Biafra Becomes A Reality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by Omololu007(m): 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
Gabbysky:
@OP, why are you even wasting your time explaining things to these nitwits?
It is known that when Biafra becomes reality as formed by SS and SE, even the Urhobos, Isokos, Itsekiris and Ijaws will join in, not just the Aniomas alone.
hav u forgot to mention lagos n abuja on ur list

1 Like

Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by steven187(m): 11:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
I don't understand why some group of.people will speak igbo as their primary language, bear igbo names and yet they are not igbo's, please can someone enlighten me more.

2 Likes

Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by Deltagiant: 12:09am On Aug 08, 2015
Cjrane2:
[size=18pt]Murtala Mohammed mowed down our people simply because we were Igbos, using one Yoruba recruit to give the execution order.

So how come today we are suddenly Yorubas or Hausa

Watch the documentary below and see what hausa and Yoruba did to Asaba people on October 7th, 1967 , simply for being Igbo!

[/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

https://vimeo.com/71894404

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEaX9lVVrCM

Good question...How come the people suddenly have become Yoruba, Hausa or even Benin when their fathers and uncles were summarily executed for being Igbos?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by laudate: 1:32am On Aug 08, 2015
Gabbysky:
It is known that when Biafra becomes reality as formed by SS and SE, even the Urhobos, Isokos, Itsekiris and Ijaws will join in, not just the Aniomas alone.

Ehen, I guess the Urhobos, Isokos, Itsekiris and Ijaws gave you the mandate to speak for them, abi? shocked

Hehehe.... wonders shall never end! cool
Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by victor1464(m): 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
arent u guys tired of dis biarfra issue. U left ur people now talkin anioma...if anioma is joinin biafra. Only one part will join which is d Aniocha/oshimili. The ika and kwale/ukwuani people who hav affilition wit d binis will not join dem..by d way not all part of anioma r igbo speakin

1 Like

Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by victor1464(m): 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
arent guys tired of dis biarfra issue. U left ur people now talkin anioma...if anioma is joinin biafra. Only one-third will join which is d Aniocha/oshimili. The ika and kwale/ukwuani people who hav affilition wit d binis will not join dem..by d way not all part of anioma r igbo speakin
Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by Donarozzi: 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
IgboDelta:
The chairman of the lecture, Obi Edozien, re-emphasised this point: “We Igbo people are one. We must stop fighting over irrelevancies and emphasise the essential.”

Given this situation, there has been an increasing shift of paradigm. Many Igbo groups, especially in Delta State, have decided no longer to play the masquerade. The Obi of Asaba, Professor Edozien, actually laid out conditions he believes will cement Igbo unity permanently.

Obi Edozien then called on the people of the South-East zone to support the creation of Anioma State and another for Igbo-speaking people of Rivers State to make for seven states, all of which will be lumped together in one zone or region.

https://www.nairaland.com/2515691/anioma-state-best-choice-ndigbo
Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by tonychristopher: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
victor1464:
arent guys tired of dis biarfra issue. U left ur people now talkin anioma...if anioma is joinin biafra. Only one-third will join which is d Aniocha/oshimili. The ika and kwale/ukwuani people who hav affilition wit d binis will not join dem..by d way not all part of anioma r igbo speakin

Is that so? Mr spokesman
Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by nextstep(m): 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
steven187:
I don't understand why some group of.people will speak igbo as their primary language, bear igbo names and yet they are not igbo's, please can someone enlighten me more.

For the same reasons Americans and Australians speak English, but don't consider themselves to be English. Or Brazilians speak Portuguese but don't consider themselves Portuguese. Anioma is a mix of people some indigenous, some migrants from Bini, Nri, and other places. One people, united by similar customs and a language (igbo), but not Igbo.

As to the OP, we're Anioma people. Not Igbo. We have an affinity for our brothers across the Niger, but we have realized, time and time again, that when push comes to shove, our brothers also recognize we're not "true Igbo". We should trust and cooperate with each other, but must never forget how quickly the notion of "true Igbo" (and "true deltans BTW) comes up when it's time to pick nominees for public office, or when a federal project is to be based in igboland.

Don't also forget how quickly Biafra forces abandoned Anioma and used it as a bufferzone against Federal troops, going so far as to blow up the bridge. True brothers would fight to the death together. Of course we may rationalize their actions under the rules of war, but I say once bitten...

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by yorubatic: 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
coolitempa:
In ur dreams....Anioma are not ibo.....get that into ur skull.......even the great zik says they are Benin...... cheesy
To my fetish sophisticated yoruba people logic, benin republic is deluded for not merging with Nigeria, Togo is deluded for not merging with nigeria, even ghana, niger, chat and etc are all deluded for not merging with nigeria. ...and Biafrans are deluded for wanting to part ways with nigeria, But
Yorubas are wise for pepertual servitude to the Hausa / Fulani. ...truly my fetish people are born clowns and Hausa / Fulani slave

Since this change, change mantra started , I have found out that my fetish yoruba people who chant the change mantra loudest are still the same evil people protesting and crying because of hunger. ...what is wrong with my evil yoruba people...my yoruba people are truly cursed to be slaves of Hausa-Fulani forever
Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by coolitempa(f): 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
yorubatic:

To my fetish sophisticated yoruba people logic, benin republic is deluded for not merging with Nigeria, Togo is deluded for not merging with nigeria, even ghana, niger, chat and etc are all deluded for not merging with nigeria. ...and Biafrans are deluded for wanting to part ways with nigeria, But
Yorubas are wise for pepertual servitude to the Hausa / Fulani. ...truly my fetish people are born clowns and Hausa / Fulani slave

Since this change, change mantra started , I have found out that my fetish yoruba people who chant the change mantra loudest are still the same evil people protesting and crying because of hunger. ...what is wrong with my evil yoruba people...my yoruba people are truly cursed to be slaves of Hausa-Fulani forever

Omo olorikpelebe.........
Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by onenaira3: 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gabbysky:

Urhobo, isoko andvitsekiri are not joining dh1t. They are not part of Biafra, not included and not wanted. Some of you guys should actually read the niafran manual and start saying wtf Una know.

@OP don't mind them. I've been won being for awhile now when Yoruba and Hausa decided to be our speaker and who made then our voice. When Biafra comes, best believe asaba is following east
Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by onenaira3: 12:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
Cjrane2:
[size=18pt]Murtala Mohammed mowed down our people simply because we were Igbos, using one Yoruba recruit to give the execution order.

So how come today we are suddenly Yorubas or Hausa

Watch the documentary below and see what hausa and Yoruba did to Asaba people on October 7th, 1967 , simply for being Igbo!

[/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

https://vimeo.com/71894404

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEaX9lVVrCM

Once again exactly. In Asaba, it was actually a yoloba that threatened the people when they gathered to greet the soldiers. It was him that accused them of blowing the bridges and the fact they are Igbo, they have to die. It was him that order the foot soldiers to start shooting the civilians. Many people accuse the Hausa guy for the massacre but anyone that know people that survived the attack, if you ask them, you'll instantly know it was a Yoruba guy that actually initiated it. The Hausa guy just went alongside with it and didn't end it.

That's why it irritates the living sh1t out of me whenever they try to distort that history and most definitely try to act like they are asaba protectors from SE and our "btothers'. Like when did the f2kers become our friends?
Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by IgboDelta: 11:10am On Nov 11, 2015
That is why i told the yorigboa and the ewusa people on this forum that should Biafra come into existence, The whole of Anioma should be part of Biafra.

onenaira3:

Once again exactly. In Asaba, it was actually a yoloba that threatened the people when they gathered to greet the soldiers. It was him that accused them of blowing the bridges and the fact they are Igbo, they have to die. It was him that order the foot soldiers to start shooting the civilians. Many people accuse the Hausa guy for the massacre but anyone that know people that survived the attack, if you ask them, you'll instantly know it was a Yoruba guy that actually initiated it. The Hausa guy just went alongside with it and didn't end it.

That's why it irritates the living sh1t out of me whenever they try to distort that history and most definitely try to act like they are asaba protectors from SE and our "btothers'. Like when did the f2kers become our friends?
Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by Donarozzi: 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
Identity crisis exists in Igboland especially among some Igbo communities in the South-South region of Nigeria. Igbo leaders should solve this problem fundamentally by declaring that all Igbo communities in the South-South should be merged together with the South-East region. Igbo leaders should make this demand a top priority and work together to achieve the goal.

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe foresaw the present predicament in 1949 when he said, "The only worthwhile stand we can make as a nation is to assert our right to self-determination, as a unit of a prospective Federal Commonwealth of Nigeria and the Cameroons, where our rights will be respected and safeguarded. Roughly speaking, there are twenty main dialectal regions in the Ibo nation, which can be conveniently departmentalized as Provinces of an Ibo State, to wit: Mbamili in the northwest, Aniocha in the west, Anidinma and Ukwuani in the southeast, Nsukka and Udi in the north, Awgu, Awka and Onitsha in the centre, Ogbaru in the south, Abakaliki and Afikpo in the northwest, Okigwi, Orlu, Owerri and Mbaise in the east, Ngwa, Bende, Abiriba Ohafia and Etche in the southwest. These Provinces can have their territorial boundaries delimited, they can select their capitals, and then can conveniently develop their resources both for their common benefit and for those of the other nationalities who make up this great country called Nigeria and the Cameroons.

"Let us establish an Ibo State, based on linguistic and ethnic factors, enabling us to take our place side by side with the other linguistic and ethnic groups which make up Nigeria and the Cameroons."

Similarly, the Eze of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien with great wisdom and intelligence advised Igbo politicians to work towards unifying all Igbo communities into one geopolitical zone. Professor Edozien actually laid out conditions he believes will cement Igbo unity permanently. He called on the people of the South-East zone to support the creation of Anioma State and another for Igbo-speaking people of Rivers State to make for seven states, all of which will be lumped together in one zone or region.

https://www.nairaland.com/2390549/why-some-s-southerners-denounce-igbo

https://www.nairaland.com/2583504/1949-nnamdi-azikiwes-speech-ibo
Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by 7lives: 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
God forbid if such thing happens, The Niger Bridge might be nuked.

If the Biafrans had nuked that bridge in 67 they won't be hear crying marginalization, even now they still can but no they won't, they will rather wail about how they were being held down.
I am a highly objective person, when the Biafrans are ready to go, let them do the needful to the Niger bridge, anything short of this bold move is nothing short of CULTURAL DAY CELEBRATIONS.
Re: If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It by IgboDelta: 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
[b]In the memoirs of Chief Dennis Osadebay, he was full of praises for Chief Michael Okpara for all the support rendered to the Midwest regional movement which led to the creation of the new region in 1963 and enthronement of the NCNC in 1964. It is also well-known that many Aniomas were members of the defunct Igbo State Union which cemented the ethnic bounds of all Igbos, west and east of the Niger. There were even agitations to carve out the old Asaba and Aboh divisions and have them merged with the East with the likes of Rev SW Martin of Issele Uku as the main driver of the proposal. To further expose their lies, we have attached a letter written by community leaders of the Ika East area comprising of Umunede, Igbodo, Otolokpo, Mbiri, Ute-Ogbeje and Akumazi and goes as thus:

“We the undersigned, on behalf of the people of Umunede clan,Igbodo clan,Akwumazi clan,Mbiri clan and Ute-Ugbeje clan in Ika Division,Midwest take this opportunity to express our deep gratitude on the historic liberation of the Midwest and wish you God’s guidance.We equally take this opportunity to congratulate His Excellency Major A.O Okonkwo on his appointment as the Military Administrator of the Midwest and pledge our unalloyed support and loyalty to his government. Although we the above 6 clans in Umunede zone have already donated sums of money and foodstuff towards win the war funds on individual clans,we jointly donate herewith the sum of 105 pounds to win the war. WE FERVENTLY PRAY FOR GOD’S HELP THAT WE CRUSH THE ENEMY.While thanking you for what you have already achieved-liberation of Midwest-we wish to place here on record that it will be your guide while deliberating on any future association, our feelings should be put into utmost consideration” Signatories to this September 1967 letter to Ojukwu include: HRH Obi N Gbenoba; Obi of Umunede. HRH A.O Iyeke; Obi of Igbodo, Obi S.C Osagie; Obi of Akwumazi, HRH Obi Ogana; Obi of Mbiri and Regent I Alekwe,Regent of Mbiri. Also signatory to that letter are political leaders including Chief S.O.Osuhor, Chief Z.C Egbuchinem, Chief L.O.C Azikiwe,Chief Odiase,Chief E O Nwabueze, Madam Julie Onyeagwu and Mr B.O Okoh. Source- Nigeria: Echoes of a Century: Volume One 1914-1999 by Ifeoha Azikiwe.[/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obono-Obla: 'Ekweremadu Should Face His False Asset Declaration Case' / BREAKING: Aisha Buhari Concludes Plans To Pack Out Of Aso Villa / FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.