Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration (12487 Views)

Umahi And Other Igbo Leaders Meet With Osinbajo Over Igbo Quit Notice (Photos) / Femi Fani-kayode Slams Osinbajo Over Silence On Killing Of Christians.. / Aisha Buhari Visits Mrs Osinbajo Over Death Of Her Grandmother HID Awolowo.photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by ELTON123(m): 2:14am On Aug 07, 2015
Lagos—A lawyer and rights activist, Kabir Akingbolu, has dragged President Muhammadu Buhari and his vice, Prof Yemi Osinbajo before a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos over allegedly failure to keep to their promise to Nigerians during their electioneering campaigns to publicly declare their assets.

Akingbolu, who initiated the suit, is contending that by declaring their assets secretly, Buhari and Osinbajo have violated Section 172 and Section 11 (1) and (2) of the Code of Conduct for public officers under the Fifth Schedule to the 1999 Constitution (as amended).

Other defendants in the suit are the Attorney General of the Federation, AGF and the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB.

Buhari and Osinbajo had declared their assets to the CCB secretly, a development which drew public condemnation, with many insisting that it was a departure from the anti-corruption posture of the president and his vice.

Akingbolu, is asking the court to declare that it was mandatory for the CCB to publicly publish the assets of Buhari and Osinbajo.

He is further praying the court to declare that the secret declaration of assets by Buhari and Osinbajo was unconstitutional.

He also want the court to mandate them to publicly declare their assets in line with the Code of Conduct for public officers under the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution.

Akingbolu, in an affidavit in support of the suit, averred that Buhari and Osinbajo made it abundantly clear while canvassing for votes from Nigerians that they would publicly declare their assets in order to prove that they would run a transparent government.

He further averred that under the code of conduct, the President and the Vice President were duty as public officers to declare their assets publicly, and that the duo have breached the said stipulation by not publicly declaring their assets as dictated and mandated by the Constitution.

He added that the sad aspect of the development, was that the CCB “has been shielding Buhari and Osinbajo by not publicizing their purported declaration of assets in line with the law.”

“I know as a fact as a legal practitioner that Buhari and Osinbajo are duty bound to declare their assets publicly and it will be in the interest of justice, public peace and good governance to grant the reliefs in this suit,” he averred.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/lawyer-sues-buhari-osinbajo-over-assets-declaration/

http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/vanguard-newspaper/2015/08/07/lawyer-sues-buhari-osinbajo-over-assets-declaration/

http://www.nigerianews24.com/articles/lawyer-sues-buhari-osinbajo-over-assets-declaration/

6 Likes

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by merry02(m): 2:18am On Aug 07, 2015
This lawyer dey waste his time.DSS will soon visit him now.lol

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Optional2(f): 3:05am On Aug 07, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by ITSAWRAPWORLD: 3:05am On Aug 07, 2015
We got Freedom of speech and have Freedom of information bill passed.

This is democracy and the lawyer has his right to information if he so desires.

Still PRO-CHANGE but transparency shouldn't be selective

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Holluwatarhyor(m): 3:33am On Aug 07, 2015
Democracy is freedom of speech and action
Freedom after speech and action is what can't be guaranteed
Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by KanwuliaJara: 3:46am On Aug 07, 2015
[size=20pt]Lagos—A lawyer and rights activist, Kabir
Akingbolu, has dragged President Muhammadu
Buhari and his vice, Prof Yemi Osinbajo before
a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos over
allegedly failure to keep to their promise to
Nigerians during their electioneering
campaigns to publicly declare their assets.
[/size]

ELECTION CAMPAIGN PROMISE FAILURE #1!!!!! cheesy

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by bewla(m): 4:14am On Aug 07, 2015
at the end who pay who

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by kliq(m): 4:39am On Aug 07, 2015
Hungry "Charge and Bail Lawyer" undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by omowolewa: 4:45am On Aug 07, 2015
What if he wins? To what end?
Thank God paper don carry am and Nigerian don sabi say he is a lawyer!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by ogba20: 5:13am On Aug 07, 2015
merry02:
. So? Those that were invited are they dead? Forget dss abeg. Buhari does not need any body to remind him of dis.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by tyson99(m): 5:14am On Aug 07, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

another yaba left escapee

6 Likes

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by RollingStones(m): 5:58am On Aug 07, 2015
Where are the likes of NgeneUkwuezi,berem,egift,omenka and obiagelli when you need them the most?

Come and defend your Senile Old Foolish Daura Scammer.

#5%_Better_than_mouth_Action.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by anonimi: 7:09am On Aug 07, 2015

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by RichDad1(m): 7:09am On Aug 07, 2015
Bros go and sit down
Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 07, 2015
merry02:

I take it you think human rights are a joke?

@OP.....In a way, we really do need to see the assets of the Presido and is Vp.....we don't want any sudden surprises 4 years down the road.

Nigerians should not trust their leaders.....even when they are doing well. Yes...that includes those who do not steal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 07, 2015
Some mumu still dey this planet soembarassed
Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by SouthernBreeze(m): 7:10am On Aug 07, 2015
Very nice move

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by MaleoPearls(m): 7:10am On Aug 07, 2015
Heeeii, oya swear!
― If you didn't kill earthworm with salt.
― If you didn't play rubber band.
― If you never bathed in the rain.
― If nobody told you about India vs Nigeria 99-1.
― If you didn't sleep on the couch and wake
up on the bed
― if u didn't throw your milk tooth on the
roof for the lizards to take it and give you new
ones.
― If you didn't just wash your hands and legs
instead of
bathing when going to school.
― If you didn't act film in uncompleted building or
under bed
with friends.
― If you never flew a kite.
- If you didn't use ur two legs to build houses
with sand.
- If u didn't write ur name on paper and insert it
into ur pen
so that no one will steal it.
- If u didn't close d fridge door really slowly to
see when d
lights went off.
- If u neva waved @ white birds expectin ur nails
to b whiter
- If u neva heard of a ghost dat stays under
mango trees @nights
- If u didn't drive a single car Tyre with a stick
and called it
ur car!
- If u didnt mix garri n sugar in ur pocket and eat
while
walking in the street.
- If u never did mama and papa play i.e. cookin
grass nd
sand witout fire.
- If you didn't play table soccer. with bottle
cover.....
.....then I guess ur Childhood wasn't fun!
Oya choose which one u do
Do you knw its not jangilova epo motor? it is
JINGLE OVER LIKE A MOTOR!! I bet u didn't knw.
Don't be shy, I didn't know either until now I am
sure 99.9 % of adults that grew up in Nigeria dnt
knw dat d nursery rhyme "sandalili sandalili" is
actually "standard living standard living". I knw u
are singing it now again, smiles ***Confess.! are
u guilty?
PROUD OF MY GENERATION

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Neduzze5(m): 7:10am On Aug 07, 2015
Yes!!

Its been a long time coming. They need to be sued, re-sued and re-re-sued again!!

I don't know why they can't even declare their assets and yet they talk bold about fighting corruption.

Make dem go sit down jare!

#DauraDullard!!
#YorroberSlaver!!

8 Likes

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 07, 2015
tongue tongue tongue embarassed tongue

Nothing much to say kiss

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by gokay11(m): 7:11am On Aug 07, 2015
Smh
Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Notion(m): 7:11am On Aug 07, 2015
they should declare their asset as promise!

Nigeria politicians deceiving people since 1902

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Mega005(m): 7:11am On Aug 07, 2015
What I am sure of is PMB and his vice we definately do d nidful.. They have declared it according to law with d appropriate authourity. Which simply implies its now in public dormain for verification maybe not now but soon.. This wailing wailers re just too in haste to understand baba surprise package..

The charge and bail wailer did not sue baba for cleaning up ogoni land which is not part of his campaign promises.

Biafra U people shd focus on moving to destiny land rather than intervening in matters that have no relevance to ur agitation
Neduzze5:
Yes!!
Its been a long time coming. They need to be sued, re-sued and re-re-sued again!!
I don't know why they can't even declare their assets and yet they talk bold about fighting corruption.
Make dem go sit down jare!
#DauraDullard is my fathers president and my father is what!!
#YorroberSlaver!!

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Efesuave: 7:11am On Aug 07, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

i see yuh on family section creating threadz were yuh
talk to yuhself. cheesy

Yuh are evidence dat GEJ supporterz
r DIMWITs who nid psychiatric evaluation kiss

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Sambest2(m): 7:12am On Aug 07, 2015
This is a cheap publicity stunt from the lawyer. #recognition #fame #awareness
Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Mega005(m): 7:12am On Aug 07, 2015
We don't even want them declare asset again, we are satisfied with ther performance and encourage them to focus on bringing back our. Stolen money by GEJ and the theives.

Joblessness is an ailment, this lawyer needs a job asap.
SeverusSnape:

Trust zombies to always do the needful and the needless. They will always defend the cow in Aso rock.
If the president is a cow ur father should be that very stuborn goat that ate the GEJ yam of cluelessness

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Buchukwu: 7:12am On Aug 07, 2015
Lol
Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by SeverusSnape(m): 7:13am On Aug 07, 2015
RollingStones:
Where are the likes of NgeneUkwuezi,berem,egift,omenka and obiagelli when you need them the most?

Come and defend your Senile Old Foolish Daura Scammer.

#5%_Better_than_mouth_Action.
Trust zombies to always do the needful and the needless. They will always defend the cow in Aso rock.

5 Likes

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Buchukwu: 7:13am On Aug 07, 2015
tyson99:

another yaba left escapee
You're a f00l, is he saying the truth or not?

6 Likes

Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 07, 2015
Acton film
Re: Lawyer Sues Buhari, Osinbajo Over Assets Declaration by Ola17: 7:16am On Aug 07, 2015
kliq:
Hungry "Charge and Bail Lawyer" undecided
You guys should stop treating people with dissenting opinion as enemies.

No one held a gun to Baba's head before he promised to declare his assets publicly during campaign. For someone like me, my major concern is if he can't deliver on something as mundane as this, how then do we trust that he will deliver on other bigger and more far fetched campaign promises?

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Re-Introduces Electoral Amendment Bill / CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent / Uche Secondus: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.