Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,870 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi (30722 Views)

Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In Prison — Pat Utomi / Buhari Reading Listed Potential Members Of His Cabinet From Paper(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by TheAdvocate(m): 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
Pat Utomi is drunk!

The Nigerian Constitution specifically provides that the President MUST as a matter of fact appoint one minister from EVERY state.

Its not a matter for his opinion. Its MANDATORY.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by Eluwilussit(m): 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
MosakuAW:

Prof! You are on point.

Nigerians should do away with tribalisim based on appointment.

Who the cap fit, let them wear it.

We are one Nigeria.

So na only people from one area the cap fit? Na im be say na Hausa-Fulani cap then. Remember, every tribe get their own cap. This is Nigeria. We need balance for now. We haven't reached the level where we can afford to make all appointments from "one village". Utomi has a hidden desire to come across as a detribalized Nigerian, possibly for future political reckoning.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by MosakuAW(m): 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2015
anuma1:
Okay Half since you don't want foul
Still tell that to your father and now add your mother to it.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by Slicky112: 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
deadZONE:
undecided undecided thats what brain washed Nigerians wanted
And thats what JAGA gave them.

Pat Utomi please come down from your high throne
and see what Nigerians are passing tru.
you dont care cause ur rich ur children are abroad doing well
we the masses and the commoners would not sit and watch
tribalism and favoritism take the day..
let due process be followed these are not petty things.
this are the little things that is tearing the nation apart.

Let the duara dullard be given good advice nd not supported
to behave like a kunu drunkard.

You are a block head, If Buhari appoints from all over the country and they don't get the job done, how does that change what people are passing thro
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by MosakuAW(m): 3:30pm On Aug 07, 2015
Eluwilussit:

So na only people from one area the cap fit? Na im be say na Hausa-Fulani cap then. Remember, every tribe get their own cap. This is Nigeria. We need balance for now. We haven't reached the level where we can afford to make all appointments from "one village". Utomi has a hidden desire to come across as a detribalized Nigerian, possibly for future political reckoning.

Ok! I agree with you, but not in full with what you say.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by kutchs: 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Section 14 (3)

"The composition of the Government of the Federation or any of its agencies and the conduct of its affairs shall be carried out in such a manner as to reflect the federal character of Nigeria and the need to promote national unity, and also to command national loyalty, thereby ensuring that there shall be no predominance of persons from a few State or from a few ethnic or other sectional groups in that Government or in any of its agencies."[/size]
Don't get me wrong bro, in saying that the constitution doesn't talk about ethnic group I'm referring to section 147(3).
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by mikolo80: 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
deadZONE:

whatchu go'n do 'bout it

yes they are

lack of merit is what is tearing this country apart

Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by Eluwilussit(m): 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
MosakuAW:

Ok! I agree with you, but not in full with what you say.

You know what democracy means, right? Every part of the nation has to be represented as much as possible in the legislature and at executive level. As much as practicable, carry everyone along. No tribe or region has a monopoly of knowledge. Even in civilized places, like Canada, they still make sure that political positions are spread out. That way, everyone is informed and satisfied.

You don't take 100% from SS natural resources and turn around to tell them that you can't find among them anyone that can fit into your plans as president. If the states were in control of their resources, trust me, no one will give a damn what the presidency does. It is all about equity. Not equality.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by jumobi1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
Ideally but not realistically. Nigeria isn't educated and detribalized enough.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by don89(m): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
ALL WE WANT IS A BETTER NIGERIA ,NOT ETHNICITY.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by MosakuAW(m): 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
Eluwilussit:

You know what democracy means, right? Every part of the nation has to be represented as much as possible in the legislature and at executive level. As much as practicable, carry everyone along. No tribe or region has a monopoly of knowledge. Even in civilized places, like Canada, they still make sure that political positions are spread out. That way, everyone is informed and satisfied.

You don't take 100% from SS natural resources and turn around to tell them that you can't find among them anyone that can fit into your plans as president. If the states were in control of their resources, trust me, no one will give a damn what the presidency does. It is all about equity. Not equality.

Correct! you head dey there.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by nestar41: 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2015

Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by ekea2001: 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
21st century sycophancy I reject! .more or less from our prof. Speak the truth , its a see tru world!
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by mindtricks: 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
The President should look for and pick people from different backgrounds who are capable to deliver.

If PMB sincerely searches, he will find them. It is a costly error to try to sustain that thinking that finding the "right people" from one tribe is the inthing.

People should stop all this empty talks that lead nowhere.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by Goldenboy007(m): 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
deadZONE:

What's your level of education please? What kind of archaic idiosyncrasy is this? You must be a parochial, close minded, egocentric and most selfish bigot I have ever encountered. To imagine there are other 62 people who "liked" your post, my laaawd!!!!! What kind of dark minded generation is Nigeria breeding?? How many of your tribesmen appointed in the past had contributed anything to your case, family or your village?
I was flabbergasted to read a story of a16 year old boy butcher a little boy for money, then another 20 year old slitting his niece throat for money also. Are we breeding hate filled monsters My gawd !!!!! 62 people "liked" his post, Nigeria is sitting on a time bomb !!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by deadZONE: 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
Goldenboy007:

What's your level of education please? What kind of archaic idiosyncrasy is this? You must be a parochial, close minded, egocentric and most selfish bigot I have ever encountered. To imagine there are other 62 people who "liked" your post, my laaawd!!!!! What kind of dark minded generation is Nigeria breeding?? How many of your tribesmen appointed in the past had contributed anything to your case, family or your village?
I was flabbergasted to read a story of a16 year old boy butcher a little boy for money, then another 20 year old slitting his niece throat for money also. Are we breeding hate filled monsters My gawd !!!!! 62 people "liked" his post, Nigeria is sitting on a time bomb !!!!
by the end of today i would hit 100 likes.. go and jump inside a well.. Many Nigerians share my thoughts... your just shallow minded u wallow in a lake of ignorance, u have been brain washed by an illiterate... Yes Nigeria is sitting on a time bomb cause cowards like u voted for a clueless bigot, a tribalistic driven, power intoxicated blockhead.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by ocelot2006(m): 5:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
kodded:
you forgot so soon that the new world bank vice president was working under GEJ ? smiley

Ehen! !! I even forgot her!! SEC!! Thank you jare! ! Leave all these APC w@nkers.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by ocelot2006(m): 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
If it's based on academic qualifications and experience, even the South is waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the North. So what's Utomi saying here? This is rubbish!
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by Goldenboy007(m): 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
deadZONE:
by the end of today i would hit 100 likes.. go and jump inside a well.. Many Nigerians share my thoughts... your just shallow minded u wallow in a lake of ignorance, u have been brain washed by an illiterate... Yes Nigeria is sitting on a time bomb cause cowards like u voted for a clueless bigot, a tribalistic driven, power intoxicated blockhead.

I will presume your are just one naive misguided element. People that lack intellectual capacity to engage in meaningfull arguments will always augment their deficiencies with outright insolency. Your poor attempt at being eloquent shows you are either poorly educated or lack ethical values. Poverty has damaged your sense of judgment. I apologize for assuming you are matured and smart. Ignorance is bliss, continue to wallow in it.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by itiswell247: 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
hoohoohoo I laughed in short-hand writing, CHANGEEEEEEEEE, who will help me to tell all the sai their baba fans that nama, I mean cows, rams,will also be appointed by gmb.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by mekadinho(f): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
Youngzedd:
Lets remind him that some voted for him from South East.

I voted for Buhari.
Ofcourse he knws, u r among d 5%.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2015
holysina:

hahahahaahahahahaha guy you wicked o.
abi? D guy no make sense na
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by sammyj: 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
And does this makes it right or will federal character give us the best competent hands? However, all this while we have been adopting this model, what level of development have we achieved inform of where we are and where we are supposed to be right now.
governoragweven:

These are federal appointments, they shld reflect federal character. if there are 2 ppe that are competent in jst one family as u said, there are also 20 ppe that can also do it well from anoder family. You and so called Prof Utomi are jst blabbing cos if it comes to issues that concerns you as persons, am sure u will say "there must be federal character". imagine given professors federal appointment and only professors in the west were now engaged in the appointment: this same prof pat utomi will be the first to make noise. Even in the National Football team, there is reflection of federal character.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by kodded(m): 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
ocelot2006:

Ehen! !! I even forgot her!! SEC!! Thank you jare! ! Leave all these APC w@nkers.
religous and enthic bigotry was the main reason why they didnt see noting good in his government, and his ministers

.......and if you notice femi adesina from their region was said to be the ''best'' among all his ministers
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by rhymz(m): 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Goldenboy007:

Your argument is very flawed and I dare to say irresponsible. You think Nigerians are fools that you will use the logic of how many of your tribesmen blablabla to defend the very naive and playing to the gallery talk by Pay Utomi. He has shown over time that when it comes to politics, he is a learner who is yet to understand the political realities of his surrounding and thus country at large.

How can a professor born and raised in Nigeria promote the idea that it is OK for a government to use the excuse of competence to scheme people out the process leadership and positions. Unless he and his supporters can argue that competent people are only found in a particular region or section of the country, Pat Utomi is talking nonsense, let him go and contest for the governorship position of his state and preach this sicklogic to them and see how Deltans will reply him.....
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by rhymz(m): 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
sammyj:
And does this makes it right or will federal character give us the best competent hands? However, all this while we have been adopting this model, what level of development have we achieved inform of where we are and where we are supposed to be right now.
cave man logic and reasoning. How does choosing only people from your village ensure competence? Unless you can prove only a section or tribe or village can produce competent people then it's hypocritical to OK an obvious scheme that excludes people whose competence is seen from the prism of the part of the country they come from and not actually their abilities to get the job done.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by neocortex: 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Then you don't know Pat. And please get into your heads that there are many people who think like him. Like me. I don't give a flying hoot about ethnic brotherhood. I don't believe that distributing posts to all ethnic groups is in any way whatsoever a requisite for good governance. Come to think of it, Nigeria has over 300 independent ethnic groups. So if we really want "fair" distribution, then let it go ROUND all the 300 groups! That's why I laugh at those "marginalization" screamers.

You are obviously an APC mouthpiece who believes Buhari is an infalible god.
You must know that it is these "little petty" things that makes a difference
in the lives of ordinary Nigerians not the big ones.

Government shouldn't be a building where people stare at rather it
must be humans that people can relate to.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
MosakuAW:

Prof! You are on point.

Nigerians should do away with tribalisim based on appointment.

Who the cap fit, let them wear it.

We are one Nigeria.

BiaFrauds don't want to hear this!
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by ONIjibit1(m): 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
klax:
Pls who is Pat Utomi is that a name of zoo or a chimp Oh sorry I guess he is one of those follow follow like Atiku possibly he too is looking for commissioner post for his son or his daughter like Atiku.

To even say from one village is too much he could have say from.one family. *CHANGE*!!!
It is sometimes ridiculous that those younger than you, your mates and those older than you can sit up, think and wrote something reasonable for people like myself and you to read and comprehend.

All you can do as an armchair analyst is to sit on your almost-damage chair and waste the free MB which MTN or AIRTEL or GLO gave to you by spewing rubbish.

Brother, Prof Pat is old to be your Father.

Get sense and respect.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by Goldenboy007(m): 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
rhymz:

Your argument is very flawed and I dare to say irresponsible. You think Nigerians are fools that you will use the logic of how many of your tribesmen blablabla to defend the very naive and playing to the gallery talk by Pay Utomi. He has shown over time that when it comes to politics, he is a learner who is yet to understand the political realities of his surrounding and thus country at large.

How can a professor born and raised in Nigeria promote the idea that it is OK for a government to use the excuse of competence to scheme people out the process leadership and positions. Unless he and his supporters can argue that competent people are only found in a particular region or section of the country, Pat Utomi is talking nonsense, let him go and contest for the governorship position of his state and preach this sicklogice to them and see how Deltans will reply him.....

It's high time you left your little world and embrace civilization. So your brilliant ideology is for Nigeria to sacrifice objectivity and competency on the altar of tribal sentiments? When are we going to stop acting like cavemen ? This same mentality made your forefathers barter their kinsmen to colonialists for objects as trivial as matchboxes and mirrors. Wake up man ! Nigeria is bigger than your village !!! Stop being a local champion !
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by neocortex: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
Boss13:

Spot on. You cannot satisfy everybody. If I were in Buhari's shoes I will ignore the wailers and do what is right for the country. If they are dissatisfied, let them express their dissatisfaction at the polls.

And that would be appointing all your cabinet from Daura.
SMH.
Re: Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi by playahata: 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
TELL AMBODE TO FIX IYANA ISOLO EXPRESS LEADING TO AIRPORT!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi & His Lawyers File Petition To The Presidential Elections Tribunal / Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu / FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.