Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC (22061 Views)

Pic Of Buhari And GMD NNPC After Their Meeting / See Infographic Of What Recovered $9.8m From Former GMD NNPC Yakubu Can Do / Ibe Kachikwu - GMD NNPC Does Not Have A Facebook Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by Richiez(m): 8:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
disumusa:
but ibo rejected the man, that is an outcast i.e non real ibo
who has been spreading this false rumour? igbo is igbo wherever they find themselves even if it's in sokoto or kano

1 Like

Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by menxer: 8:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Na sooo!

Nigerians with our sychophantic tendencies, na so we Dey start.

Tell them off, so that you can deal with anybody that tries to mess up your work.
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by wolebanks(m): 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
Adverts are meant to be for solidarity. Old school mentality
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by limamintruth: 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
midolian:
The new Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, has appealed to friends and well-wishers to stop placing congratulatory adverts for him in the media.

Dr. Kachikwu who assumed duty as the 17th GMD of the corporation on Tuesday, August 4, 2015, said he sees his appointment as a serious national assignment that does not require the frivolity of congratulatory adverts and the celebration they connote.

A release by the NNPC’s General Manager, Group Affairs Division, Ohi Alegbe, said Dr. Kachikwu would rather appreciate that friends and well-wishers support him with their prayers for divine guidance to carry out the onerous task ahead.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/08/stop-congratulatory-adverts-says-new-gmd-nnpc/

Lol cheesy
I hope his igbo/south-south kindred have heard sha. grin
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by outflank: 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
JEGA01:
Must be a no-nonsense man like Buhari grin
Must be the reason why Buhari fished him out.
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by AdeniyiA(m): 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
The newly appointed Group Managing Director
(GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum
Corporation (NNPC), Emmanuel Kachikwu, has
asked friends and well-wishers to stop
sponsoring congratulatory adverts in the media
to celebrate his appointment.
Mr. Kachikwu, who described his appointment
as “a serious national assignment”, pointed out
that he should not be distracted with the
frivolity of congratulatory adverts and the
celebration their sponsors connote.
The NNPC boss, who assumed office on August
4, 2015 as the 17th Chief Executive of the
Corporation, said he would rather appreciate
his friends and well-wishers to support him
with their prayers for divine guidance to carry
out the onerous task ahead.
Mr. Kachikwu, who was the Executive Vice
Chairman and General Counsel of Exxon-Mobil
(Africa), took over from Joseph Dawha, who
was appointed by former President Goodluck
Jonathan.
A first class graduate of law from the
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, and the Nigerian
Law School, Mr. Kachikwu hails from Onicha-
Ugbo in Delta State.
The new NNPC Chief Executive also holds
Masters and Doctorate Degrees in Law from
the Harvard Law School.
He began his working career with the Nigerian/
American Merchant Bank before moving on to
Texaco Nigeria Limited from where he joined
Exxon-Mobil.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/oil-and-gas/187993-new-nnpc-gmd-kachikwu-bars-congratulatory-adverts-from-well-wishers.html

1 Like

Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by dunkem21(m): 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Nothing wey go happen for this regime wey u no go talk. Nothing dey ever please u

Bros, you need to put pressure on our guys when they delve into frivolities ..

You see me complain when he reshuffled his group

Mediocrity actions pinch me.
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by princeuj2015(m): 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
That eleven floor in block A NNPC towers alwaze quite and calm office, missed that office though!!
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
kuluTemper:

Can't you just understand that he is not an IGBO MAN!

he is DELTA - YORUBA!!!!

Delta - Yoruba?
LWKMD

1 Like

Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by daey118(m): 10:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
the man's cv is super impressive though .law in nnsuka..masters in harvard...doctorate in harvard... bank to oil company to oil company ...now the head niggah in charge at nnpc ...waoh.
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by alfakoro1(m): 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
OK. I jst hop u r for real. But it's normal to congratulate u now. May be dey want contract. Since u Dnt want congratulatory msgs any more. Accept dis last one. Congratulations sir.
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by moshino(m): 1:57am On Aug 08, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
His message is simple. And that is his choice! Don't u think so? undecided

Don't waste time responding to people without any grey matter in their head and do not have capacity to understand anything besides "how much for tdb or short-time", they don't need any brain for runs.

1 Like

Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:32am On Aug 08, 2015
midolian:
don't mind those yeeebos, they can never be pleased. They are their own problem.

Jobless nairalander youths reject him including you,have you heard of any Igbo politician that said otherwise? Just keep that mouth shut abeg, we love our son.

1 Like

Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:33am On Aug 08, 2015
disumusa:
but ibo rejected the man, that is an outcast i.e non real ibo

Jobless nairalander youths reject him including you,have you heard of any Igbo politician that said otherwise? Just keep that mouth shut abeg, we love our son.

1 Like

Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:33am On Aug 08, 2015
alaoeri:
Likes mind work together cool, PMB & kachikwu the Delta Ibo have something in common meanwhile Ibos are denying him as one of them yet they want Delta to be part of Biafra what an irony?

Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:37am On Aug 08, 2015
wealthpreach:
i am from delta. let this be the first and last time u call delta yoruba,igbo,hausa. we are south southerners. WADOO

Oh your delta part is the ashawo part,but Igbos are after delta igbos and not all delta as some have bad act that is not part of igbo ok.

1 Like

Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:39am On Aug 08, 2015
omotoyossi:

he is 4rm delta state..he is a deltan..southsouth..dnt steal their identity

yes,Ibe and kachikwu na your grandpa name.Fool
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by deb(m): 5:42am On Aug 08, 2015
dunkem21:
Oga, get down to work and stop the media show ..

..The advertorials dey disturb you

Microscopic fish-brain comment
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by dunkem21(m): 5:58am On Aug 08, 2015
deb:

Microscopic fish-brain comment

Mumustic comment.
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by ladej(m): 9:33am On Aug 08, 2015
chocolateme:
Oga what are you saying and forming? As if the position and attention no dey sweet you. Abi you wan resign? You mean the President is a joker judging from his position and all the congratulatory messages he has been getting because his position is a NOT serious national assignment. he he! You have already started making news and waves before now talk more of this ur public message. Enjoy it while it lasts and work well. CONGREGATIONS AGAIN SIR.
at 500k per full page advert......orphanage don finish for naija ? Una no fit text am?. We are a wasteful country. Thumbs up to the new GMD.
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by erumena(m): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
chocolateme:
Oga what are you saying and forming? As if the position and attention no dey sweet you. Abi you wan resign? You mean the President is a joker judging from his position and all the congratulatory messages he has been getting because his position is a NOT serious national assignment. he he! You have already started making news and waves before now talk more of this ur public message. Enjoy it while it lasts and work well. CONGREGATIONS AGAIN SIR.

I think we should commend and support the man for discouraging such unnecessary display of foolish waste of funds by praise singers. To you, it my look as if he's trying to score cheap points, but it should be welcomed. Let's join hands together to change this mentality and shame these "sets" of individuals. My thoughts though.
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by kane33: 9:31am On Aug 09, 2015
Na wa
Re: Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC by predatorX: 11:46am On Aug 10, 2015
kuluTemper:

Can't you just understand that he is not an IGBO MAN!

he is DELTA - YORUBA!!!!

clown, Delta-Yoruba ko, Delta_Fulani ni!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Arrives Venue Of APC Presidential Campaign Flag-off (Videos) / Court Disbands Ebubeagu Security Outfit / PDP Plotted Igbo Hate Song - APC Chairman, Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.