Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

How long will thou love vanity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How long will thou love vanity? (322 Views)

Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft / Thou Shall Not Kill. / How Long Will I Pray! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How long will thou love vanity? by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 08, 2015
Chrysostom once said,that if he were to preach a sermon to the whole world, gathered together in one congregation, and had some high mountain for his pulpit, from where he might have a prospect of all the world in his view,and he were furnished with a voice of brass, a voice as loud as the trumpets of the archangel, that all the world might hear him, he would choose to preach upon no other text than that in the Psalms, O mortal men,"How long will you love what is worthless and pursue a lie?" (Psalm 4:2).C S Lewis puts it this way,"It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too
weak. We are half-hearted creatures,fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us,like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea".and yet even reason, revelation, and the experience of more than six thousand years unite in the one proclamation that perfect happiness cannot be found in this world.As we approach the twilight of life all agree that life on earth, even at its best, is an unsatisfying thing_there is no perfect enjoyment.King Solomon who had it all,gave the best sermon on this subject in Eccl1:2,"Vanity of vanities,all is vanity".Again Christain__If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy,the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.SO MY DEAR FRIEND THERE IS NO PLEASURE THERE!ALL CREATED THINGS ARE A REFUGE OF LIES.COME TO JESUS!__the cost of following Him I must admit is great,but the payoff is huge.if you lose,you lose all if you gain,you gain all.
Re: How long will thou love vanity? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
How long will thou love vanity?turn from your sins
Re: How long will thou love vanity? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Grace Upon Grace / Quality Graphic Designs, Affordable Printing For Your Business,company. E.t.c / The Difference Your Life Can Make

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.