Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Pls Help! How Can I Remove/delete Some Of My Whatsapp Contacts? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Pls Help! How Can I Remove/delete Some Of My Whatsapp Contacts? (726 Views)

Help! My Whatsapp Is Not Opening / How To Restore Contacts From Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help! How Can I Remove/delete Some Of My Whatsapp Contacts? by Geofavor(m): 4:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
There are too many old contacts i need to get rid off. But i don't know how.

How can i do this?
Re: Pls Help! How Can I Remove/delete Some Of My Whatsapp Contacts? by ATMC(f): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
just block them.
Re: Pls Help! How Can I Remove/delete Some Of My Whatsapp Contacts? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
You would have to delete the contacts from your contact list.
From WhatsApp:

The contacts that you see in WhatsApp come from your address book. There is no way to directly edit the Select contact screen.
To delete a contact from the WhatsApp contact list, you will need to delete the contact from your phone's address book.
In order to find the WhatsApp contact in your phone's address book:
Find the contact in the Select contact page.
Tap on the contact.
Then tap on the name at the top.
On the Contact info page, go to Menu Button > View in address book.
From there you can find the option to delete the contact from your address book.
Then, refresh your WhatsApp contact list by opening WhatsApp > > Menu Button > Refresh.
If you still see the contact, it is likely that you are seeing the conversation on your Chats screen. Simply tap and hold on the contact and then select Delete chat.
https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android/23179277

Cheers.
Re: Pls Help! How Can I Remove/delete Some Of My Whatsapp Contacts? by Geofavor(m): 10:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
Karmanaut:
You would have to delete the contacts from your contact list.
From WhatsApp:

https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android/23179277

Cheers.
thanks, it worked! cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get 5gb Data On Mtn With Just 70 Naira / Scientist Found A Way To Turn Wood Transparent. (afriwap) / Groundfridge, The Fridge That Needs No Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.