Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? (7774 Views)

How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea / How To Fry Groundnuts/peanuts With Garri On Stovetop / 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
Please I need help, I bought and fried hotdogs as directed but instead of getting the normal meaty hotdogs, I got something that looks scary sad
Please don't laugh at me, anyone who knows how best to do it to get the normal hotdog should please teach me.
Below is the picture of before and after frying.

Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
I'm here to learn too
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by tollu: 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
Wow, that looks scary indeed.

Don't you like to boil them? LaDivva
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
tollu:
Wow, that looks scary indeed.

Don't you like to boil them? LaDivva
Never heard of that, please tell me how.
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by tollu: 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
You use a bit of water, it doesn't have to cover the sausages and boil for about 2-4 minutes. Too short and they taste funny, too long and they look pruny and soggy. This process is good enough for me 98 percent of the time.

If you want the fried look, you use a non-stick frying pan and add a dash of oil just like you wanna make pancakes.
Then fry and turn sausages until you achieve the look you want.
Just a couple of minutes is all you need. You can add spices like garlic to give it an extra taste.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by breadplanets(f): 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
You fried it for too long. Ive not really checked how many minutes i fry them but once it floats in the oil i bring it out. Or you can shallow fry as someone else suggested. Just for a little while
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
tollu:
You use a bit of water, it doesn't have to cover the sausages and boil for about 5 - 8 minutes. Too short and they taste funny, too long and they look pruny and soggy. This process is good enough for me 98 percent of the time.

If you want the fried look, you use a non-stick frying pan and add a dash of oil just like you wanna make pancakes.
Then fry and turn sausages until you achieve the look you want.
Just a couple of minutes is all you need. You can add spices like garlic to give it an extra taste.
Thanks alot dear, will cook two and fry two grin
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
breadplanets:
You fried it for too long. Ive not really checked how many minutes i fry them but once it floats in the oil i bring it out. Or you can shallow fry as someone else suggested. Just for a little while
Thanks dear
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by Pidggin(f): 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
Fry it only when the oil is hot, don't leave it for long in the oil.
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by babythug(f): 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
I've also learnt what my children call the toasting method. Just put it in a pan and stir it till it's done. No oil or water wink

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by ejohnny39(m): 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
LaDivva:
Please I need help, I bought and fried hotdogs as directed but instead of getting the normal meaty hotdogs, I got something that looks scary sad
Please don't laugh at me, anyone who knows how best to do it to get the normal hotdog should please teach me.
This post contain the right hot dog recipe that will make it easy to make your own hot dog.

Ingredients:

Flour butter eggs yeast sugar hot-dog mayonnaise tomatoes ketchup milk too pick and salt.

Method:

1. Put the yeast in a plate add pinch of sugar and salt mix milk with warm water and ass it to the yeast, sprinkle little flour on top it and put in a warm place to bubble.

2. Now sieve the flour in a bowl and add sugar and butter to it, add the mixed milk and mix thoroughly. After mixing male a hole at the center of the mixture and pour the bubbled yeast, whisked egg and milk inside the flour and mix very well.

3. Sprinkle flour on a table, put the dough which is the mixture and knead very well to desolve the yeast.

4. After a thorough kneading, sprinkle flour in a bowl, put the dough inside and then cover the bowl with a wet napkin. Put in a warm place to proof.

5. Knead for the second and third time.

6. Finally sprinkle flour on a table, put the dough and knead a little. Now cut out of the dough roll it long, rob butter on the baking pan, sprinkle flour on it and after egg washing the dough (egg washing means to rub the dough with whisked egg) arrange the the dough and put in the oven to bake.

When the bread is baked bring it out of the oven. We are almost there now bring a deep plate, put mayonnaise inside the plate and add tomatoes ketchup to it and mix together.

After mixing, cut the bread at the middle (do not cut it off) put the mixture of the tomatoes ketchup and mayonnaise and the hot dog inside the bread not hook it with the tooth pick and its ready to serve.

Let me know how it goes and if you need more explanation let me know
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
ejohnny39:
This post contain the right hot dog recipe that will make it easy to make your own hot dog.

Ingredients:

Flour butter eggs yeast sugar hot-dog mayonnaise tomatoes ketchup milk too pick and salt.

Method:

1. Put the yeast in a plate add pinch of sugar and salt mix milk with warm water and ass it to the yeast, sprinkle little flour on top it and put in a warm place to bubble.

2. Now sieve the flour in a bowl and add sugar and butter to it, add the mixed milk and mix thoroughly. After mixing male a hole at the center of the mixture and pour the bubbled yeast, whisked egg and milk inside the flour and mix very well.

3. Sprinkle flour on a table, put the dough which is the mixture and knead very well to desolve the yeast.

4. After a thorough kneading, sprinkle flour in a bowl, put the dough inside and then cover the bowl with a wet napkin. Put in a warm place to proof.

5. Knead for the second and third time.

6. Finally sprinkle flour on a table, put the dough and knead a little. Now cut out of the dough roll it long, rob butter on the baking pan, sprinkle flour on it and after egg washing the dough (egg washing means to rub the dough with whisked egg) arrange the the dough and put in the oven to bake.

When the bread is baked bring it out of the oven. We are almost there now bring a deep plate, put mayonnaise inside the plate and add tomatoes ketchup to it and mix together.

After mixing, cut the bread at the middle (do not cut it off) put the mixture of the tomatoes ketchup and mayonnaise and the hot dog inside the bread not hook it with the tooth pick and its ready to serve.

Let me know how it goes and if you need more explanation let me know
Just saw this now, thanks. Will try it out.
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by ejohnny39(m): 7:18am On Aug 14, 2015
LaDivva:

Just saw this now, thanks. Will try it out.
ok and if you need more explanation do let me know
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
Its not about the method you use, its not because you fried it. It's the brand.

Some sausages shrink especially when you fry them.

Next time buy the franfurts brand. Its huge, meaty and doesn't shrink. Four in a pack.
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by lepasharon(f): 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
loool...ur supposed to boil emm
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
Joavid:
Its not about the method you use. Basically its not because you fried it. Its the brand.

Some sausages shrink especially when you fry them.

Next time buy the franfurts brand. Its huge, meaty and doesn't shrink. Four in a pack.
Thanks hun, will check it out when next I go shopping.
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
lepasharon:
loool...ur supposed to boil emm
Never knew about that, I know better now.
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by davidif: 11:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
LaDivva:

Fry hot dogs ke? You grill hot dogs, you don't fry them. Omo see question.
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by davidif: 11:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
Pidggin:
Fry it only when the oil is hot, don't leave it for long in the oil.

You don't fry them, you grill them or boil them. Goodness gracious!
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by davidif: 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
breadplanets:

You don't fry them, you grill them or boil them.
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by breadplanets(f): 12:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
davidif:

You don't fry them, you grill them or boil them.
Oh really?? is it like a taboo to fry or something? inukwa!
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by davidif: 7:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
breadplanets:
Oh really?? is it like a taboo to fry or something? inukwa!

It's not a taboo, it's just absurd. It's like frying bread or Pizza instead of baking it in an oven. It's not forbidden because in your own kitchen you set your rules but it's real weird.
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by breadplanets(f): 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
davidif:

It's not a taboo, it's just absurd. It's like frying bread or Pizza instead of baking it in an oven. It's not forbidden because in your own kitchen you set your rules but it's real weird.
Eziokwu! so donut is weird too cos after making d mixture I might just decide to put in my pan and bake instead of frying which would give me bread instead of donut since the mixture is about the same.
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by adunni17: 9:38am On Apr 24, 2020
Please, I need a recommendation on the best brand to buy. I bought Princes hotdogs it is canned but I didn't like the taste..

I wouldn't mind recommendations please...thanks in advance
Re: Help!!! How Best Can I Fry Hotdogs? by Hitmern(m): 12:45pm On Feb 05, 2022
Buy Minu it's 600 per pack

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Shea Butter / Starters And Deserts For Nigerian Meals, Suggestions. / How To Check For The Expiry Date Of Cooking Gas Cylinder.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.