Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,827 members, 7,844,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH (35623 Views)

Aisha Buhari Takes A Walk With Her Grand Daughter (Pictured) / EFCC Freezes Bola Shagaya’s N500m Account Over Patience Jonathan's Probe / Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by sweatlana: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2015
I said it that if buhari dose not allow aiaha operate as first lady, aisha would personally lead a coup against her husband.

Hopeless hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by christinie(f): 7:32am On Aug 09, 2015
seunmsg:
No big deal here. The press should let her be. Which office did they expect her to operate from before? What matters is that the activities of the office and her pet project will not be funded by government unlike what was obtainable during the regimes of past head of states.
so who will fund it please? You?
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by ShowYourCertificate: 7:33am On Aug 09, 2015
socialmediaman:

Well you probably want her to be in the kitchen (hope you're in the kitchen as well) grin while I want her to attend to her private business responsibly knowing she can achieve more on her own, we're both right, okay? She's not gonna interfere with what goes on inside the presidency concerning her husband's office.
Why don't she rent a nearby apartment or build a structure close to the villa? Why is she using an office that was built, furnished and refurnished with tax payers money? Now that's the question.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2015
eleko1:
cool A woman place is no longer in the kitchen.She can't operate from the kitchen/bedroom.That PMB cancelled the office of the first lady doesn't mean she shouldn't go there.
ok bt she shld go der n do wat?

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2015
cococandy:

Abnormality? Office of the First Lady?

What's abnormal is hypocrite goody two shoes. We know they used patience to campaign. Nigerians of course like passive women. So patience being the assertive type rubbed many people off the wrong way. He keyed in on that and bought some votes by promising to dissolve the office of the First Lady.
Who's the husband to dissolve the role of a First Lady anyway. Tomorrow he will say he doesn't want to be called president but the leader of the country because he just feels like. Like he's the one that laid the foundations of all offices when the county was founded and can dissolve anyone he wishes when it suits him. Tomorrow the next wife of the president will chose a different name for herself and that's how all of them will continue until it's totally trivialized.

It's Look inwards and correct yourself not me.
Buhari was in order when he declared there won't be an Office of the First Lady. The office isn't recognized in the constitution or federal statutes.
However, the president can legally use his executive authority to place a First lady's office within the presidency (aka Executive office of the president), just as it's done in the US.
That way, there won't be any hue and cry about public money funding an illegal office. Of course, Aisha Buhari could attract NGOs and corporate bodies to find her pet project(s) in the absence of public money.

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by hadura29(m): 7:34am On Aug 09, 2015
eleko1:
cool A woman place is no longer in the kitchen.She can't operate from the kitchen/bedroom.That PMB cancelled the office of the first lady doesn't mean she shouldn't go there.

Abi oooooo!!!!

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2015
dis has jst shown dat buhari isnt a man of his word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by alexlee50: 7:36am On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

You must understand that she has a right to have pet projects. As far as such projects are not financed by our budgets, no issues. The issue was spending huge sum on First Lady's office as if it were officially recognized in our constitution.
and who told you the national assembly appriopated money to the office of first lady during the tenure of GEJ?

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Ryabcool(m): 7:37am On Aug 09, 2015
ZUBY77:
Useless country.
Vomit and swallow toads.
Brainless bunch.

We will keep running in circle as long as we don't revolt against the bastarrds holding us down mentally
why not lead the revolt? In fact please give me your address so I can come discuss planning the revolt with you.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by ShowYourCertificate: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2015
CFCfan:

Buhari was in order when he declared there won't be an Office of the First Lady. The office isn't recognized in the constitution or federal statutes.
However, the president can legally use his executive authority to place a First lady's office within the presidency (aka Executive office of the president), just as it's done in the US.
That way, there won't be any hue and cry about public money funding an illegal office. Of course, Aisha Buhari could attract NGOs and corporate bodies to find her pet project(s) in the absence of public money.
Bros stop deceiving yourself. If the US placed the First Lady's office within the presidency, it simply means that the US recognises the Office of the First Lady!

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by socialmediaman: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Why don't she rent a nearby apartment or build a structure close to the villa? Why is she using an office that was built, furnished and refurnished with tax payers money? Now that's the question.

She's a legal occupant of the building, wife of the president. She has friends and she has private affairs to attend to; should she handle those in the official bedroom residence? There are many guest buildings in the presidential villa since the time of Abacha, this is just one of them except that it was used at one point in time as an office of the First Lady
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by ZUBY77(m): 7:41am On Aug 09, 2015
Ryabcool:
why not lead the revolt? In fact please give me your address so I can come discuss planning the revolt with you.

Thanks but the first step is to talk about it.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by ShowYourCertificate: 7:42am On Aug 09, 2015
socialmediaman:

She's a legal occupant of the building, wife of the president. She has friends and she has private affairs to attend to; should she handle those in the official bedroom residence? There are many guest buildings in the presidential villa since the time of Abacha, this is just one of them except that it was used at one point in time as an office of the First Lady
She's a legal occupant of the residential building only. If she feels the residential building isn't enough for her, she should rent an office or build one that's close to the villa.

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Bros stop deceiving yourself. If the US placed the First Lady's office within the presidency, it simply means that the US recognises the Office of the First Lady!
That's what I'm saying. The American First Lady has a staff at the West Wing of the White House who are paid by the tax payers.
It's a legal office because her office is the same as that of an adviser to the president.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by ShowYourCertificate: 7:45am On Aug 09, 2015
CFCfan:

That's what I'm saying. The American First Lady has a staff at the West Wing of the White House who are paid by the tax payers.
It's a legal office because her office is the same as that of an adviser to the president.
Personally I see nothing wrong with the Office of the First Lady. But I'm simply exposing Buhari's hypocrisy. He said he will scrap the office since its not in our constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by mbulela: 7:46am On Aug 09, 2015
eleko1:
Hypocrites!
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by anonimi: 7:46am On Aug 09, 2015
alexlee50:
and who told you the national assembly appriopated money to the office of first lady during the tenure of GEJ?

Please allow me to join you in waiting for PassingShot PassingShit to show us the budget line appropriated by our NASS for the Office of First Lady during Patience Jonathan's era. I am sure he will also add notes on how the APC senators and reps voted against such budget line.

If he cannot and does not, one can safely conclude that he is a bloody lie, lie HYPOCRITE of the worst order!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQRmufi5x_4

Just spotted another potential lie, lie HYPOCRITE grin grin

kITATITA:
Wife of the President performs nominal and ceremonial roles in other countries of the world. What's repugnant like we had in the last administration is budgetary allocation to an office not recognized by law. Are we going to lock her up in her bedroom because her husband won an election?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by socialmediaman: 7:47am On Aug 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
She's a legal occupant of the residential building only. If she feels the residential building isn't enough for her, she should rent an office or build one that's close to the villa.

Lol. Aso villa is too big to have only one residential building for the first family
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by mbulela: 7:48am On Aug 09, 2015
socialmediaman:

Why was this explanation missing during Jonathan's tenure.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by judex12: 7:48am On Aug 09, 2015
kITATITA:
Wife of the President performs nominal and ceremonial roles in other countries of the world. What's repugnant like we had in the last administration is budgetary allocation to an office not recognized by law. Are we going to lock her up in her bedroom because her husband won an election?

@kitatita Always have facts b4 talking there was never budgetary allocation to the office of first lady in the last administration.we should not let sentiment and hatred blind us from the truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by ogedax: 7:49am On Aug 09, 2015
Women and power you can't take it away from us.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by anigold(m): 7:49am On Aug 09, 2015
Ozin:
Bloody hypocrites

i thought buhari said 'there will be no office of the first lady' APC a party built on lies and propaganda..

APC will soon run out of lies...
Change my foot... Mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 09, 2015
eleko1:
And why referring to the office as " Patience Jonathan's" office? Na she build am? Everything about life is timed, Solder go Solder come, Barracks remain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by socialmediaman: 7:52am On Aug 09, 2015
mbulela:

Why was this explanation missing during Jonathan's tenure.

Because an official building was dedicated which was used to interfere with presidential functions. The former First Lady used her office to restrict who sees or doesn't see the president officially, ministers and other people passed through her office to see the president, she summoned security meetings using her office. She abused her capacity as wife of president

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by ShowYourCertificate: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2015
socialmediaman:

Lol. Aso villa is too big to have only one residential building for the first family
Let her sha remain within the residential building. If Buhari allows her to occupy that office then he has eaten his words and exposed his hypocrisy.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by dview001(m): 7:58am On Aug 09, 2015
God punish all of una wey dey support aisha
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by amazingspiderma: 7:58am On Aug 09, 2015
handie:
So what? Every wife of a president/governor has a way in which she assists her husband. Or u expecting her to carry out her duties from her bedroom? Every wife has a duty to complement the role of her husband. What PMB was against and which I'm convinced will never be allowed to happen during his administration is a situation where the first lady takes on the role of a de facto vice president, where money is budgeted for a office not recognized by the constitution and where an unelected person occupying a non constitutionally recognized office will publicly be chastising elected governors and other public officials. If Buhari doesn't allow his wife assist him(particularly in humanitarian activities) ya'll wailers will still say he's a Islamic fundamentalist who's still in d stone age.

Stop diverting from facts.The report said that PMB had not kept to his word concerning the office of the First Lady as promised.
And suddenly you are now telling us how every wife of a president and governor should support her husband"in a complementry role".
I must commend your PR skill,but you have made no point at all.All you did was to refer to Pateint Jonathan so as to your trigger your emotional sensation and those of your of guillible followers who blindly gave you likes.
You didn't look forward,you had to look back just six years ago for reference,what about 16 years ago. That my friend is sentimental.
In as much as you have always accused PEJ with your mouth of abuse of power,you cannot within your conscience say that previous regime of the first lady did not abuse their offices when they serve along side their husbands.I believe you are old enough to remember them.
One can have sight but can also be emotionally blind.That is exactly what you have demonstarted.
The point is we still have the office of the wife of the president contrary to PMB campaign promise.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by olalat(m): 8:00am On Aug 09, 2015
I dnt really get the point of argument here. Do people expect her to conduct her official engagement from her bed room or what? She needs needs a separate space for non domestic affairs nah. Besides, she can be good inspiration to many other women. Dnt u tink those amingo night ladies need reorientation? Lets all reason nah.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by ShowYourCertificate: 8:03am On Aug 09, 2015
olalat:
I dnt really get the point of argument here. Do people expect her to conduct her official engagement from her bed room or what? She needs needs a separate space for non domestic affairs nah. Besides, she can be good inspiration to many other women. Dnt u tink those amingo night ladies need reorientation? Lets all reason nah.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with having the office of the first lady. However the bone of contention is that Buhari said he would scrap the office. Now he has eaten his words. And one would think he's a man of integrity. Integrity my foot. Buhari, along with his APC goons, are all hypocrites.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 09, 2015
seunmsg:
No big deal here. The press should let her be. Which office did they expect her to operate from before? What matters is that the activities of the office and her pet project will not be funded by government unlike what was obtainable during the regimes of past head of states.

De deceive your self. If it's not funded by the government, na you and your village people go fund am.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by olalat(m): 8:05am On Aug 09, 2015
Can u please enlight me on how d woman can impact on d life of other people nd where does she do dat if u blv she could.
amazingspiderma:

Stop diverting from facts.The report said that PMB had not kept to his word concerning the office of the First Lady as promised.
And suddenly you are now telling us how every wife of a president and governor should support her husband"in a complementry role".
I must commend your PR skill,but you have made no point at all.All you did was to refer to Pateint Jonathan so as to your trigger your emotional sensation and those of your of guillible followers who blindly gave you likes.
You didn't look forward,you had to look back just six years ago for reference,what about 16 years ago. That my friend is sentimental.
In as much as you have always accused PEJ with your mouth of abuse of power,you cannot within your conscience say that previous regime of the first lady did not abuse their offices when they serve along side their husbands.I believe you are old enough to remember them.
One can have sight but can also be emotionally blind.That is exactly what you have demonstarted.
The point is we still have the office of the wife of the president contrary to PMB campaign promise.

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:06am On Aug 09, 2015
seunmsg:
na u go dey fund am abi?
Why talk as if na u be buhari's finance minister?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CAN Lists 40 Achievements Of President Buhari In 9 Months / Julius Pondi, Wife & Kids Wear Tompolo's 46th Birthday Customized T-Shirts / Femi Falana Reacts To Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.