Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! (4977 Views)

World Anti-Corruption Day: Nigeria's Ranking / List Of 46 Bills The Nigerian Senate Passed Yesterday / Senate Passes 46 Bills In 10mins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by jesuseun1(m): 11:30am On Sep 30, 2006
Fellow NIgerians,our great country is 46.It is true that we are far lagging behind in Growth.compare with others 3rd world developing countries like malaysia,japan,singapore and so on.

Things are really fallen parts health,educations,bad roads,corrupt public officers ,lost virtues,and so on.but then we can't continue lamenting .we need the way forward,i believe Nairaland users are people who have great ideas that can move our country forward.here are my few ideas

1]pray for Nigeria
2] we should all stop bad mouthing about Nigeria.
3] we should all memorise that National Anthem and The pledge,its a sourse of motivation.
4] we should stop complaining about our problems and starts seeing Nigeria from a positive angle.
5] LET US ACT! Let us all do something POSITIVE in our own little way that will contribute to the progress of our country.WE CAN ALL EFFECT change irrespective of where we are, who we are,what we do .
6]we should stop the blame game.Blaming our leaders its time to accept responsibilties.

Nigeria yi ti gbogbo wa ni meaning Nigeria Belongs to all of us.

Other ideas are also welcome .if it is well with Nigeria it will be well wit us too
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by deejay1(m): 11:57am On Sep 30, 2006
hapi independence naija

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by JOSSYTEM(f): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2006
Happy birthday Naija. My prayer for you is that the Lord will make 2007 a stepping stone for great happening in the history of your life. Everything that the cankerworms have destroy, the Almigthy Lord will restore in Jesus Name.Amen.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by JOSSYTEM(f): 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2006
Happy birthday Naija. My prayer for you is that the Lord will make 2007 a stepping stone for great happening in the history of your life. Everything that the cankerworms have destroy, the Almigthy Lord will restore in Jesus Name.Amen. kiss cool
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Odeku(m): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2006
IroroRoyal which side u dey for france self?
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by cyprianjr(m): 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2006
Celebrate your independence people cause its your country
, election comes up next year,be wise!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by smilingjee(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2006
won je Abiola se joba to fi kuo alo
adupe won gbe fun Obasanjo story

46 years nothing to show

i think that better explains our plight, ego better grin
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by donjazzie(m): 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2006
if u nor happy with 9ja @ 46 make u move
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by edobabe(f): 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2006
happy 46th birthday to my country .nigeria will rise again.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by donjazzie(m): 6:54pm On Sep 30, 2006
edobabe:

happy 46th birthday to my country .nigeria will rise again.

person na God wey go bless you
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by BUSHFELLOW(m): 7:35pm On Sep 30, 2006
SHUT UP AND THINK OF AWAY OF MAKING IT BETTER BECAUSE FOR NOW THERE IS NOTHING TO CELEBRATE OR IS YOUR FATHER AMONG THOSE EMBEZZLING THE WEALTH OF THIS NATION IF HE IS THEN GO AHED YOU HAVE EVERY COURSE TO CELEBRATE BUT REMEMBER RIBADU HO grin
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by BUSHFELLOW(m): 7:38pm On Sep 30, 2006
SHUT UP AND THINK OF AWAY OF MAKING IT BETTER BECAUSE FOR NOW THERE IS NOTHING TO CELEBRATE OR IS YOUR FATHER AMONG THOSE EMBEZZLING THE WEALTH OF THIS NATION IF HE IS THEN GO AHED YOU HAVE EVERY COURSE TO CELEBRATE BUT REMEMBER RIBADU HO grin

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Odeku(m): 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2006
RIBADU IS WATCHING with 4 eyes
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by twinkledew(f): 7:54pm On Sep 30, 2006
i like all the positive stuffs that have been said on here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIGERIA. (2morrow)
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by twinkledew(f): 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2006
you do not have to be very rich or embezzling to celebrate. duh.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by SweetnSour(f): 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2006
hmmm well
Nigeria will still remain my motherland regardless of where' I go to.
I still love my home, cus there is no place like home regardless of what it looks like down there.
Well as of the Independence day, there is nothing that calls 4 celebration
what do we have to show for 46 yrs of Independence? Nada let's just pray for the betterment of that country.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by donjazzie(m): 8:24pm On Sep 30, 2006
twinkledew:

you do not have to be very rich or embezzling to celebrate. duh.

that guy i s backwardly backward.he na kolo
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Tmoni(m): 9:42pm On Sep 30, 2006
grin wink are there nairalanders who are students of RGU, uiversity of aberdeen or live in ABERDEEN, IT will be nice to meet and have a swell time to celebrate our independence. my phone no is 07961523562. my e-mail is de_tayomartins@yahoo.com.
LETS COME TOGETHER AND REJOICE FOR OUR COUNTRY HAS NO OPTION THAN TO GET BETTER. cheesy cheesy wink grin grin
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by imageman(m): 11:35pm On Sep 30, 2006
Happy birthday!Many happy returns. Nigeria will grow and Nigeria will progress.We are more than we were,and we are going to be more than we are in term of progress. To the naysayers and the eternal pessimists,Nigeria will rise higher into the solar orbit of greatness in the years to come.Laugh if you must,but the last laugh will belong to those of us who loves and wishes our motherland good.
      Some of you compares Nigeria so much with other advanced nations of the world,but in your comparisons,you failed many times to accept the fact that most of the nations were in worst situations in their earlier stages of independence than Nigeria is today.Changes will come to Nigeria,but these are changes that cannot be done by the government alone.It must start with individuals,families,house holds,compounds,hamlets, villages and cities.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by tunku(m): 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2006
yay happy bday nigeria.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by saints2(f): 2:48pm On Oct 01, 2006
All have all said well,If at all we have to comment on Nigeria,All will defintaely get annoyed,But we gat  to ask oursleves a question,Who really is/are Nigeria?We are Nigeria,Are we not the one spoiling all what we have worked for?Are we not who laid much emphasis on what Nigeria can do for me,whilw we failed to think that what can we do to make Nigeria a happy and a blissful nation,We all are saying America,S-Africa,Europe and so on,Do they just begin all in a day,Dont we all know that the jounery of somewhere starts from a place,though we have a shaky foundation,But we still have to be postive and optimistic about our great Country,Lets be Proudly Nigerian in all we do,Do what will make you to raise your head up anywhere you go,Remember you are an Ambassdor.

Happy Birthday Nigeria,But Much Have to be Done.

Nigeria At 46,The Jounery so Far,
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Yusufadeto(m): 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2006
I think there r alot of improvements, there will be alot of more improvement with our votes, electing the right person into power, everyone knows that there is alot of improvement in this present administration, though there might be something bad going on behind with the people rulings us, but with out polls, we can alot a competent man into power, who will emloyed all our natural resources, because as at nowm we r under utilising our resources
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Jaybaba(m): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2006
Yes, it's a day to look ahead in hope and also to reflect or think back about where we came from.
Our problem has been fear of domination and this has prevented us from having focus as nation. For this reason we had several coups, fought the civil war and won the war of unity. Became corrupt and are now fighting corruption with our prayers and not EFCC.
I believe in this country, there is hope. I pray for you Nigeria, God save Nigeria.
I beg all of you people in Nairaland to pray for Naija tomorrow Oct. 2 to say this prayer "The second stanza of National Anthem" and this very simple one "May God save and bless Nigeria. Amen"
Yes, May God save and bless Nigeria! Amen.
E go better! grin
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by ladynoni(f): 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2006
Happy birthday Naija,

We are praying and fasting for restoration of your stolen glory. We are also praying that the battle between the "he-goat" and the "she-goat" (pardon me, Dr. Daniel Olukoya of the MFM), would spare the poor and the innocent, so our people and nation can prosper for the good of all.

I love Naija I no go lie ooo, There is no other country like our Naija, God Bless Naija with righteous leaders. Naija go survive. AMEN!
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Greatpeter(m): 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2006
I am a Nigerian and I'm proud to be.
If i don't who else will?
Will a white man say that he's proud of Nigeria?
Nigeria will be great again.
I believe!
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Sijien(m): 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2006
happy bday. we go survive.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Oracle(m): 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2006
Itz really not a sad thing that Nigeria is 46, though we are not too old but we're not doing badly.
There is still corruption, there is still crime there are a lot of things that still needs to be checked. But we're growing stronger with each passing day.

I believe with time these ills would be reduced to the barest minimum.
We live in a Nigeria where nothing is certain, yet we wake up each day, hale and hearty, perform our respectives responsibilities without any problems.

It is worth celebrating Nigeria's Growth.

[size=15pt]NIGERIA IS 46 AND I'M PROUD TO BE A PART OF IT[/size].
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Chxta(m): 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2006
Let's put it like this: I choose to focus on the positives instead of the negatives. The glass is half full, not half empty. Happy independence folks.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by naija116(f): 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2006
Arise o compatriots, Nigeria's call obey!!

I assume you all know the rest, Listen today is the day we celebrate the Independence of our blessed nation. A nation which without, almost all of us would not exist, so instead of critizing everything wrong with naija, lets rejoice in the fact that we have a place we can call home, a place that was able to breed such amazing individuals as you and myself. I'm not saying our nation is perfect, trust me, we are far from it, but every nation has its own issues to deal with, but at the end of the day its still the place we call Home. So for today I say

Happy 46th Naija!!!!!May God continue to bless and guide our nation and its people and may our future be filled with success and prosperity!!!

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by raphy(m): 7:47pm On Oct 01, 2006
wow nigerian @ 46,
its must be a blessing 4 all nigerian as the giant of africa to mark her 46 independence annivasary
hip hip huray, nigeria is one of d country wit large amoout of black faze. thats make us pround is'nt it?
as for me am black n pround to be a nigerian. am still waitin to see when nigeria will be like usa undecided undecided wink
lets joins our hands together n make nigeria better ;Dwazobia thats d three important language in naija grin
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by otokx(m): 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2006
am proudly nigerian and this is a day of joy.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by donmayor(m): 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2006
I got no black cloths, should have worn one today.
It should no more be called independence day but a national day of prayer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. / Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers / Fashola Vs Gej In Disaster Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.