Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Jonathan’s Victory Could Have Denied God Glory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Victory Could Have Denied God Glory (617 Views)

Governor Dickson & Wife Dedicate Their Quadruplets At King Of Glory Church (Pics / I Have Denied Myself Sleep To Develop Imo State - Gov. Okorocha / Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Victory Could Have Denied God Glory by laidian(m): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2015
Pastor J.T. Kalejaiye is the Regional Evangelist of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, who has touched several lives through his philanthropy, which has impacted on common people in the street, churches, police stations and prisons. He said he was excited by the emergence of Prof Yemi Osinbajo as the vice president. In this interview, he speaks about Osinbanjo and other national issues.
Excerpts:

When you heard that Professor Osinbajo emerged the Vice president how did you feel?

Not that I heard. I knew that was going to happen. If you ask Mike Awoyinfa, he would tell you that I said that in November last year, because I saw it. I am not a revenue pastor, rather I am a revelation pastor. I said it that there would be a pleasant surprise and that people should mari it. If you look at one of your publications, you will see that last year, I said it. I think I was the first person to see it. I knew that something was going to happen. You see, what happened now is not about politics and it is not even
about religion. What happened is spiritual. It was like the case of King Saul, who was nobody when God picked him, but at the end of the day, he sought help elsewhere. Ex-president Jonathan sought help from different sources and if he had won, the glory would have gone to money, traditional rulers and all those who collected money from him and God would have been rejected. He said he will not share his glory with any man. I want to look at it from that
perspective. If he had waited for God to take the glory, he could have probably won re-election. So, it’s not about election. What God has finished can no longer finish us. Those who cry to God don’t cry to man. You need to take an action to see God in action. Yes!

What’s your relationship with Professor Osinbajo and what do you know about him?

Oh! He is a good man, a wonderful man. I have no doubt that he will succeed and I told people that. You see, every Saturday in my house, we pray for the president and I have never met him one-on-one before. No, no, no! I just know that if it is well with him, it will be well with the country, you and me. Recently, when I ministered at Magodo, after the whole prayer session, I raised a prayer point for him. I prayed for Jega too because nobody knew that the election would be this successful and peaceful, or that Nigeria would still be Nigeria. A lot of people traveled abroad because of that, but I bless the name of the Lord for that. People were even threatening fire and brimstone but see how God intervened. This is a lesson to you and I that if you are on the Lord’s side, please stay put with Him. I watched the scene where some traditional rulers
were pointing their staffs at him. If Jonathan had won, the glory would have gone to traditional rulers. Let’s call a spade a spade. He started like Saul and he has ended like Saul. Is there no God in Israel that would make anybody to go outside Israel to seek for help? And this same God was there at the beginning to install him. So, it is a lesson for us.

You said you saw a revelation that President Muhammadu Buhari and Professor Yemi Osinbajo would emerge president and vice president respectively?

I saw it clearly. Forget about religion. My boss was a Muslim when I was a worker and he did me well. The policeman attached to me then was a Muslim and we were always coming here to pray together. Some forget about religion. Some pastors don’t even know who a Christian is. I have said it, that bearing a Christian name doesn’t make you a Christian. The fact that somebody goes to church does not make him a Christian. If your name is not in the
Book of Life, you are not a child of God.

Sir, but some other pastors predicted that ex-President Jonathan would be re-elected.

Of course, they are revenue pastors. A prophet is known for revelation, not for revenue. God is not a man and he cannot lie. When you say that “God said” it is just a matter of time. When the time comes, we will know whether God has spoken or not. Why do we even go for revelations? Why don’t you play your part and allow God to play His. Because what God has finished can no longer finish us. I see people romance the government because of what they want to eat. A committee without commitment will commit
crime. For me, I have enough jobs to do that would occupy me. I have a God that I am serving that can give me direction. Not like people who call themselves into ministry and they are looking for cheap popularity. A man of God should remain a man of God; you can see our father in the Lord, Pastor Adeboye. He’s respected all over the world.

Some pastors endorsed President Jonathan and allegedly collected some billions of Naira from him. What do you have to say to that?

Let’s face reality. We are Nigerians. Just like you are, you can choose to go with anyone of your choice. We are not talking about selection here, we are talking about election and we have different choices to make. I cannot even force my children now to vote for who I want to vote for. It is a matter of choice and they are free. Anybody can endorse anybody.

How about the issue of the brown envelope, the money they were alleged to have received?

I can say that well, people said so but by the grace of God, I know of myself. I have never collected any envelope and I will never till I die. I will not. People like me cannot collect an envelope because doing that means that you have compromised. If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything. They say association determines destination. When you are close to Jesus, you know your destination. When you are close to the world, get ready for
pollution and compromise. We are in the world but not of the world. I have always preached against anybody that collects money from anybody for this purpose. It’s a civic responsibility that has to be discharged accordingly. You don’t need to be bribed. And I don’t need to give somebody a brown envelope. How many people can that person influence? Will any pastor come tomorrow now to force me to vote for somebody I don’t want? We can now
see the result, despite the envelope thing, because God is God. To me, what just happened is a sermon because anybody who cannot learn from this is not it. I thank God for President Jonathan for even congratulating President Muhammadu Buhari before the result was announced by INEC. I mean, he is somebody who should be praised and rewarded because if he had not done so, it could have been an avenue for some people to begin to loot, kill,
destroy and that was the fear that made some people travel. I made a point known that this is just the beginning. That Buhari and Osinbajo are in the saddle doesn’t mean that all will be well on a platter of gold. We have to pray because things are bad already. For things to be made right, it’s not what can be done within a few
years, so people should be patient and try to endure, pending when things will start working. We don’t expect the miracle to start happening like that. They will have to deal with power, food, economy and some other things. We don’t expect the wonders within a short time.

Sir, what would you consider the major issue President Muhammadu Buhari concentrate on now?

I feel that the economy is very important. We also talk about security but I believe that God is already in control in that aspect. The economy is key because our image is just so bright out there, if I wouldn’t say something else. I travel a lot and the moment they see your green passport, it is like you are a second class citizen, and our image just has to be polished first and that is why I said we must fix the economy first because it determines a lot of things.
Then, welfare becomes the next thing. They must tell us, maybe we will be eating free food everyday or something like that.

Should we expect to see you on the political scene anytime in future?

No, no, no! I am not a politician, neither am I a prayer contractor. My duty is to win souls for Christ, bring people from their path of destruction and to light so that they canget out of slavery. I have told you that in my house, we pray for people that are up there. We also pray for our father in the Lord every day. Yoruba people say irorun igi ni irorun eiye (the comfort of the tree is the comfort of the bird). That is, when it is well with our leaders, it will be well with us too.

Don’t you consider vying for a public post as a way of giving back to the public through the same selfless service that you believe in?

I may not be popular in the political scene and that is why I said I don’t want to be a politician. If I want to go into politics, I will first declare my assets and then I will never collect any salary. Those who are coming in to work with me are not coming in to make money, and that is why I said I may not be popular. We want to take care of the generation yet unborn. Money is not something anybody can come here and make, sorry. We want to make this
money for the less privileged to enjoy. I buy rice, I buy noodles and we take care of the widows. When I say I buy, it cost me millions. Sometimes, two thousand bags of rice and more than a thousand cartons of noodles, Indomie. We give each bag to each widow that we don’t even know. We’ve been to Abeokuta stadium, Ibadan stadium, Kwara, Ondo, Igbokoda and Mushin, to mention a few. We go there with doctors and nurses and sometimes up to 50
healthcare professionals. We take care of people medically. We treat all of them free and then we do crusades in the evening. That’s all. The money is from our pockets. We don’t generate it from anyone. So, that is the kind of government I want. Some of these people have high blood pressure. If we can arrest this thing on time, the problem will be solved but when we allow it degenerate to an extent, then that is where the problem lies. And then, how many of them can even afford hospital bills? So, we look at what we can do so that we give them even boreholes, because of this water problem. How many of these people who are in government are doing that?

What’s your message for politicians and public office holders in Nigeria?

By the grace of God, I want them to rethink. Coming into public office is not for personal enrichment. You are a servant. In short, they call you public servant. You are accountable to people. Even if EFCC is not coming for you, your conscience should let you know that one day, you will leave this place. You are coming to put smiles on faces. Are people actually smiling? So, let them go into politics with the intention of helping people, helping them to cross
their Ts and dot their Is so that at the end of the day, people will smile. I am going to give you examples of two people, especially Jakande. When Jakande was the governor of Lagos State the first time, he campaigned because people never knew much about him but do you know the second time, he didn’t do much campaign? Everywhere he went, people celebrated him because of the good things he did during his first tenure. If you contested the first time,
you spent money, you are coming again to spend money then something is wrong with you. People should see your good works. People should be able to lay down their lives for you to make it again because they have seen the things you have done and the resources are there, either financial resources or human resources. So, I want to advise them, to go there and fulfill their promises. It is not compulsory that everybody will be there but let them make sure that by the time they leave, people will not be sorrowful. You get it? Yeah. Today when any of them leaves, some people are happy. “Thank God he has gone.” You see, every visitor
brings joy. You get it? If not at arrival, it will be at departure. If your departure from a place didn’t bring joy to your host, then you need deliverance.

www.sunnewsonline.com/new/jonathans-victory-could-have-denied-god-glory-pastor-kalejaiye/
Re: Jonathan’s Victory Could Have Denied God Glory by sluk(m): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Jonathan’s Victory Could Have Denied God Glory by Atlantian: 7:26am On Aug 09, 2015
How many times must we tell these morons that there is no single being called God.
Re: Jonathan’s Victory Could Have Denied God Glory by Mynd44: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2015
Kalejaiye......

Now that's a name that rings in the ears of Christians....
Re: Jonathan’s Victory Could Have Denied God Glory by laidian(m): 7:59am On Aug 09, 2015
Atlantian:
How many times must we tell these morons that there is no single being called God.
Atlantian:
Re: Jonathan’s Victory Could Have Denied God Glory by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 09, 2015
Jonathan is no more the president, yet his name still lingers on in these people's head.
Re: Jonathan’s Victory Could Have Denied God Glory by Godfullsam(m): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2015
Isorite

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Helicopter Crashes Into Lagos Lagoon / When Ife Chiefs Decide To Choose Another Abobaku / “I Can’t Be Intimidated By Anyone” - Fayose To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.